Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stravinsky
May 31, 2011

Is Christ, Redeemers the one where they collaborated with Kreig and Thou or is that a completely seperate thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

Stravinsky posted:

Is Christ, Redeemers the one where they collaborated with Kreig and Thou or is that a completely seperate thing?

I think Christs, Redeemers is it's own thing. It's the new full-length they did for Thrill Jockey.

The Body are seriously getting around. Apparently, they're recording an album with The Haxan Cloak too.

Pre-Cambrian Syndrome
Jan 6, 2006

saigon_15 posted:

I'm leaving for Reno at 6.30 tomorrow morning, just thought I'd give this thing one last plug:

If anyone wants a first hand account of the tour I'll be twittering / instagramming as @rymdpeter

On the off chance that any goons are heading out, they've moved the Pittsburgh gig to a new venue called The Smiling Moose.

Anyway, poo poo's a blast and both Esoteric and Velnias (and we, but that feels presumptuos to mention) absolutely delivers everty single night.

Agustin Cienfuegos
May 7, 2008
Caught Orange Goblin tonight, aces. Even in the pouring rain. Catch these dudes if you can.

funeral fag
Jun 23, 2004

That track from The Body is impressive. The previous releases did nothing for me but this song is lovely and has great production

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Boris' Smile: Live At Wolf Creek is the greatest live album ever. Might be biased as the album's one of my favourites any way, but live this thing becomes so unbelievably heavy. The version of 'My Neighbour Satan" is godly.

BlueGrot
Jun 26, 2010

We had a show of ours recorded earlier this year. It's kinda postrocky.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMRSMV3Y7AY

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
Blast from the past.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-lsSteD_uw

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.
Got to see Pallbearer, Kylesa, and St Vitus over the weekend. The sound dude seemed content to push the vocals way up in the mix which caused everything to sound weird. Kylesa played too much of their newer poo poo so I was a bit disappointed with their set overall. Pallbearer was loving stellar though.

funeral fag
Jun 23, 2004

Melvins posted this on Facebook. It's glorious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wJOK-Ed_4Y

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Saw Windhand a week or so ago, with supporting acts Iron Tongue (uninspired sludge) and Sumokem (who almost stole the show). Windhand was cool, all the members were willing to sign a copy of their first album, but due to the small bar venue, none of the bands brought merch. Talked to Sumokem as they were packing up equipment, and found out they'd only been together since January, so all they had in the way of music fans could take home was an unmastered version of their track "The Emperor". The version they played at the show was great, so I thought I'd share it and get these guys some exposure.

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

The Body's new album, Christs, Redeemers is streaming on Pitchfork.

loving breathtaking so far.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Darthemed posted:

Saw Windhand a week or so ago, with supporting acts Iron Tongue (uninspired sludge) and Sumokem (who almost stole the show). Windhand was cool, all the members were willing to sign a copy of their first album, but due to the small bar venue, none of the bands brought merch. Talked to Sumokem as they were packing up equipment, and found out they'd only been together since January, so all they had in the way of music fans could take home was an unmastered version of their track "The Emperor". The version they played at the show was great, so I thought I'd share it and get these guys some exposure.

I liked it!

Friends Are Evil posted:

The Body's new album, Christs, Redeemers is streaming on Pitchfork.

loving breathtaking so far.

I am liking this so far, as well, but maybe not as much? I dunno. There's a certain sense of distance invoked by the production, it feels contained, sterile, even with the yelling.

Eurekapile
Jan 9, 2008

don't horace around
Thanks somebody a few pages back who posted about Earthless. I started listening to them and really got hooked. And just when I'm getting sad they only have a few releases, the new album "From the Ages" comes out today. If you're someone who liked "Rhythms From A Cosmic Sky" I see no reason why you wouldn't like this new one too.

If you haven't heard Earthless and you like instrumental psychedelic guitar bands, it might be worth the $3 dollars to buy the album "Rhythms From A Cosmic Sky" from amazon.

ElectricWizard
Oct 21, 2008

BlueGrot posted:

We had a show of ours recorded earlier this year. It's kinda postrocky.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMRSMV3Y7AY
I saw you guys play at Inferno, and was very impressed. Great stuff, hoping for another Oslo-gig in the not too distant future!

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

Allen Wren posted:

I am liking this so far, as well, but maybe not as much? I dunno. There's a certain sense of distance invoked by the production, it feels contained, sterile, even with the yelling.

If anything, I feel like All the Waters of the Earth seemed more sterile. The production seems much murkier on this album (in a good way).

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Anyone seen Baroness live? I like their records and they're playing fairly near me next week but I have other things I should really be doing so I need to be convinced/dissuaded about going.

Roark
Dec 1, 2009

A moderate man - a violently moderate man.

big scary monsters posted:

Anyone seen Baroness live? I like their records and they're playing fairly near me next week but I have other things I should really be doing so I need to be convinced/dissuaded about going.

They're pretty drat good live, and they play a nice mix of stuff from Blue, Red and Yellow/Green. They played a lot of Blue and Red stuff when I saw them over the summer, if you're worried about them playing mostly Yellow & Green stuff (I really enjoyed the double album, but I know it's not everyone's cup of tea).

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

I saw them on the most recent tour with Royal Thunder, and had a great time even though the set mostly consisted of stuff from Yellow & Green, which I'm not hugely keen on. They did work Swollen & Halo and A Horse Called Golgotha into the main set, and the encore was all songs from Red & Blue. They have great energy and look like they're having a blast onstage. I say go.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
I'm so happy. After looking forever, I finally found Sunn O)))'s "White 1" on vinyl over on Discogs some weeks ago and today it arrived at the post office.

"The Gates of Ballard" sounds even better on vinyl than in FLAC (this is most likely my imagination).

kukrunkarmaskin
Mar 28, 2005

you should see my TMNT® Machinegun

big scary monsters posted:

You should go! I saw them yesterday and they killed it. Easily one of the best live shows I've seen.

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Yet another person adding to the Baroness love-fest. Saw them on the recent tour as well and they were amazing, definitely go!

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Awesome, guess I will be seeing them then! Also for UK goons, Dylan Carlson is doing a (very) small solo tour here next week, apparently with Earth at the Leeds gig. I don't know what his solo stuff is like but if you haven't seen Earth then you should do so, incredible live. Sadly I'm working away next week and won't be able to get down to England for any of the shows. https://www.songkick.com/artists/5267528-dylan-carlson/calendar

Optimum Gulps
Oct 6, 2003

You wanna save this place, right? And I want to destroy it. Brick by hypocritical brick.
I saw Baroness opening for Opeth (with High On Fire as main support...hell of a lineup) and Baroness were my favorite that night. I think this was just after Red Album came out, and I've never heard them before.

Definitely worth seeing!

Velocirocktor
Oct 18, 2006

And it's just a little bit of Cretaceous Castle Magic
No band is happier to be on stage than Baroness is. Their energy is infectious, they play exceedingly well, and a lot of the songs you may not be keen on from Yellow & Green have way more power live. They've reworked Foolsong a little bit, for example, and it sounds wonderful. It just feels... I don't know, denser. If you skip the show, the other things you have to do had better be pretty drat important.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Velocirocktor posted:

No band is happier to be on stage than Baroness is. Their energy is infectious, they play exceedingly well, and a lot of the songs you may not be keen on from Yellow & Green have way more power live. They've reworked Foolsong a little bit, for example, and it sounds wonderful. It just feels... I don't know, denser. If you skip the show, the other things you have to do had better be pretty drat important.
Unlike apparently everyone else I really like Yellow & Green, so not a problem. It's different to the other two but I don't think it's worse.

treetheheavy
Mar 28, 2005

I thought they were pretty terrible live when I saw them open for Clutch a few years ago. I caught their summer tour though, and I have to say they're loving phenomenal now. Like others have said, they just have such a great energy now.

Eschatology
Dec 3, 2012

I don't mind Yellow and Green, but it/they do seem out of place in the discography.

In regards to the Earthless nod, I snagged some tickets to see them at a small venue on the 22nd. It seems this may be a pretty rare opportunity considering that they had a six year gap between album releases. At some point in that fateful evening, I'm sure that my face is going to detach itself from my skull, congeal onto the floor, and then explode.

ChickenArise
May 12, 2010

POWER
= MEAT +
OPPORTUNITY
= BATTLEWORMS
The new Pelican and new Doomriders have popped on on Spotify. It literally made my day.

http://open.spotify.com/album/2XQ8fFk9sVraxiaxs14IRG
http://open.spotify.com/album/6enjd0BHwqpSrBHwIeK54B

I really hope that Metal Blade puts the new Rivers of Nihil up next week.

e: Wow, that Pelican :byodame:

ChickenArise fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Oct 11, 2013

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007
Vice are streaming the new Monster Magnet album "Last Patrol", and it's actually good?

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Chalupa Joe posted:

Vice are streaming the new Monster Magnet album "Last Patrol", and it's actually good?

I liked Duke of Supernature when it came out as the advance single, so I'm going to have to check the rest of it.

brucio
Nov 22, 2004

Chalupa Joe posted:

Yeah, it's weird. It's less mainstream hard rock and more like old Monster Magnet. I dig it.

The Orange Goblin
Oct 27, 2007
Don't blind my eyes turn them blue
After loving Royal Thunder's CVI, and missing them when the UK Pallbearer double headliner tour fell through, I am very happy to find they've recorded an acoustic E.P. of some of my favourite tracks of that album - http://royalthunder.bandcamp.com/

Worth it for the vocals alone...

Eschatology
Dec 3, 2012

Not sure what the general perception behind the Vista Chino album that came out last month is exactly, but I can't help but feel like I'm kinda forcing myself to like it. Admittedly, when you brandish the Kyuss credential, the expectations are going to be sky-high. Seems like Peace is trying to be more Mars Volta than Kyuss. Not to say that this is necessarily a bad thing, but just not quite what I had hoped for.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

The Orange Goblin posted:

After loving Royal Thunder's CVI, and missing them when the UK Pallbearer double headliner tour fell through, I am very happy to find they've recorded an acoustic E.P. of some of my favourite tracks of that album - http://royalthunder.bandcamp.com/

Worth it for the vocals alone...

These guys are really, really nice. I'm liking this ep.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

New Monster Magnet owns hard.

The Orange Goblin
Oct 27, 2007
Don't blind my eyes turn them blue

DEAR RICHARD posted:

These guys are really, really nice. I'm liking this ep.

Pick up the CVI album - one of my favourites of the recent female-fronted doom bands

Crawling Farts
Sep 17, 2013
These dudes have been a big deal in Florida for quite a few years now. They're called Hollow Leg Didn't see the name since the new album, Abysmal, dropped so here ya go!

http://hollowleg666.bandcamp.com/

They've added singer Scott Angelacos and bassist Tom Crowther of the now defunct Victory band Bloodlet since their debut LP.

Serious riffs here, and I just saw they're opening for Amon Amarth and Enslaved? :dance:

ChickenArise
May 12, 2010

POWER
= MEAT +
OPPORTUNITY
= BATTLEWORMS
Domovoyd is really, really good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3oG48lDgTU

The new Red Fang didn't disappoint, especially the track with the guy from Yob.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GquHKef23A

This month is ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

ChickenArise posted:

The new Red Fang didn't disappoint, especially the track with the guy from Yob.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GquHKef23A

This month is ridiculous.

Oh holy poo poo, they got Mike Schiedt on a track? I had no idea!