Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RmansRvnge
Dec 10, 2000
MFR Laser Ore Addon, Version 2 3 - Download

I may do one more update this week, but don't want to cross the rules on posting excessive updates, so if it's a problem I'll stop. I'd just like to give something back to the community here and don't have the patience to deal with MCF or the like.
e:Updated link to v3, details in readme.

RmansRvnge fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Oct 19, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

RmansRvnge posted:

MFR Laser Ore Addon, Version 2 - Download

Changes: Add ore, selectively enable, and adjust drop rate in config file. EnderOre and M Crops added to default config.
Todo: Foci support, code cleanup

I may do one more update this week, but don't want to cross the rules on posting excessive updates, so if it's a problem I'll stop. I'd just like to give something back to the community here and don't have the patience to deal with MCF or the like.

Do you have any plans of doing a version of this for 1.6?

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

So yeah, I've started loving around with 1.6.2 modding, and just installed IC2. Is there any way to remove the need for iron plates to make machine blocks, or am I just stuck to cheating in a drat generator so I can get poo poo started?

Khorne
May 1, 2002

taiyoko posted:

So yeah, I've started loving around with 1.6.2 modding, and just installed IC2. Is there any way to remove the need for iron plates to make machine blocks, or am I just stuck to cheating in a drat generator so I can get poo poo started?
You can use the hammer or screwdriver or something like that to make plates prior to needing a generator.

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...
It's a hammer. IC2 added a whole bunch of steps and extra work to do things for 1.6.2, for no real apparent reason.

wylker
Jul 7, 2009

This is not how I envisioned this working out.
Because the disease of tediousness==difficulty is spreading.

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS
Didn't the guy who did Gregtech take over IC2?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yes he did, and I loathe Gregtech so loving much for the lovely attitude that he's ingrained into the modding culture of minecraft. The game could have gone in two directions 1 is making exploring, combat, experimentation and innovation the norm for modding, or 2 make things take more time, more energy and more resources. 1 would have been a lot harder, but better in the long run, 2 is done with loving config files. gently caress you gregtech, you piece of poo poo, gently caress you and the horridness you've spewed into Minecraft modding.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Semisponge posted:

Didn't the guy who did Gregtech take over IC2?

Yeah, but I think it was the other 2 who are screwing it up right now instead of keeping the crap to a separate plugin.

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...
It's not Greg introducing all these changes. It's the other two doing all this junk.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
That's why my rule of thumb is only use BJMJ. If a mod is compatible with buildcraft reactors, it's (generally) designed to let me do fun things and set up interesting contraptions. If it's powered exclusively by EUs, it's designed to make me fiddle around with individual bits to make it do anything, and that anything is generally just explode.

Mystic Mongol fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Oct 13, 2013

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Me and my brother are messing around with Big Dig, and as far as power, we don't know what the gently caress.

We want to try and store this power, but we've always relied on IC2 so we don't know what the gently caress. If we were to use an Energy Cube from UE, would we be able to draw power out of that with a wooden redstone pipe? If not, what do we do for power? Please help!

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Lizard Wizard posted:

Me and my brother are messing around with Big Dig, and as far as power, we don't know what the gently caress.

We want to try and store this power, but we've always relied on IC2 so we don't know what the gently caress. If we were to use an Energy Cube from UE, would we be able to draw power out of that with a wooden redstone pipe? If not, what do we do for power? Please help!

Energy cells for large amounts of power. There's also a TE addon that adds low-tier power storage, but I forget what it's called. Battery something.

E: here you go, simple power storage. I'm not sure if Big Dig has it though. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-887NVt41U

Taffer fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Oct 13, 2013

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
Once you have the setup for a energy cell (minimum: pulverizer, powered furnace, induction smelter, magma crucible, liquid transposer) you can make a Redstone Energy Cell.

Before then you probably don't have enough engines to be worth storing energy from them. Honestly I suggest just using a clockwork engine or three for everything until redstone power conduits.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Mystic Mongol posted:

Once you have the setup for a energy cell (minimum: pulverizer, powered furnace, induction smelter, magma crucible, liquid transposer) you can make a Redstone Energy Cell.

Before then you probably don't have enough engines to be worth storing energy from them. Honestly I suggest just using a clockwork engine or three for everything until redstone power conduits.

Heck, they might not even need that much storage, Redstone Energy Conduits themselves act as low-grade capacitors and will hold some energy. Of course there's no real easy way to see what the network's doing, like with buildcraft power pipes, but they're so well programmed otherwise on lag, distribution and everything else I'll gladly take that "downside".

Alternatively Lizard, does Big Dig have Thermal Expansion Steam Engines? Not only do those have their own internal storage of power, you can turn them on and off with a switch when not in use and it will stop the "burn" of the fuel right there and then.

SpudCat
Mar 12, 2012

Sorry to jump in on Lizard Wizard's question, but I'm moving on to 1.6.4 at this point, does anyone here know of BuildCraft power storage options in a cold, TE-less world? I'd really prefer to not have to turn to IC2 or UE power, IC2 was frustrating in the past and the new changes just don't look fun to me. And UE is, well... :v:

In other news Ars Magica 2 has just been released, didn't keep up with development and there's scant information in the mod topic but I've heard some say Mithion has actually been attempting to fix the big issues with the first incarnation. I do like that he seems to have gotten on the trend of providing ingame documentation, I don't care if the other big magic mod did it first I'm drat tired of inaccurate wikis or the "what documentation?" approach.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Taffer posted:

Energy cells for large amounts of power.

To be clear, you mean Redstone Energy Cells, right? Are those meant to be the Batboxes of Buildcraft?

Alkydere posted:

Alternatively Lizard, does Big Dig have Thermal Expansion Steam Engines? Not only do those have their own internal storage of power, you can turn them on and off with a switch when not in use and it will stop the "burn" of the fuel right there and then.

It does have Stirling Engines, which I believe is what you mean. What you saw in the screenshot above is the extent of our electricity, with the Stirling Engine on the left.

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Oct 13, 2013

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice

EgoEgress posted:

Sorry to jump in on Lizard Wizard's question, but I'm moving on to 1.6.4 at this point, does anyone here know of BuildCraft power storage options in a cold, TE-less world?

Enormous tank of lava + magmatic engine.

E: Cripe, that's also Thermal Expansion.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Uh...I just looked up Redstone Energy Cells, and holy poo poo that's a lot of machines to get what amounts to a Buildcraft version of a Batbox. Are you sure there's not some easier way?

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Lizard Wizard posted:

To be clear, you mean Redstone Energy Cells, right? Are those meant to be the Batboxes of Buildcraft?

It does have Stirling Engines, which I believe is what you mean. What you saw in the screenshot above is the extent of our electricity, with the Stirling Engine on the left.

Nah, I'm talking STEAM engine. A stirling engine burns coal and is standard Buildcraft Energy. A Steam Engine is either railcraft (way beyond your skill level at this point) or one of two engines added in thermal expansion. Since Big Dig does run Thermal Expansion (as proved by the pulverizer in your picture, and me looking it up), there's a good chance you have TE steam engines enabled.

Basically, instead of burning just coal for 1 MJ/t it burns coal AND water for 4 MJ/t. An aqueous accumulator adjacent to a water tile should produce more than enough water so for you it becomes a better, more manageable version of the stirling engine.

Honestly, there's no real good way to store BC power until you get into Thermal Expansion. It's less to do with the power storage available as Mekanism's universal energy cube/cell thingies aren't that expensive, at least at the base level. It's just to do with the fact that having to deal with Buildcraft piping's need for wooden pipes as "pumps" is kind of annoying, and I'm not sure they'll recognize energy storage cubes/cells/etc. as a proper source to draw the power needed to draw the power.

Basically BC wooden pipes need a source of power and a source of material to pump: be that material liquid, items, or energy. With wooden redstone pipes you get a two for one deal: the engine provides both the energy for the redstone pipe to work as a pump AND the source of energy to pump into the network. I'm not sure that a wooden pipe segment would be able to recognize a non-BC battery block as a source of power to let it act as an energy-pump. Then again, universal cable can power a wooden item or waterpoof pipe segment much like a redstone engine can, so who the gently caress knows. You'll have to experiment, or ask for the help of someone more experienced with the insanity of minecraft mod power.

Edit:

Lizard Wizard posted:

Uh...I just looked up Redstone Energy Cells, and holy poo poo that's a lot of machines to get what amounts to a Buildcraft version of a Batbox. Are you sure there's not some easier way?

It's a lot of machines to get to that point, but holy poo poo are they easy to deal with. Basically, getting Redstone Energy Cells and Redstone Power Conduits are the easy mode of power management. They're worth the setup. Now, if you want something scary complicated at first glance and expensive, go look at Applied Energistics.

Alkydere fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Oct 13, 2013

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...

EgoEgress posted:

Sorry to jump in on Lizard Wizard's question, but I'm moving on to 1.6.4 at this point, does anyone here know of BuildCraft power storage options in a cold, TE-less world? I'd really prefer to not have to turn to IC2 or UE power, IC2 was frustrating in the past and the new changes just don't look fun to me. And UE is, well... :v:
Look up EnderIO. It's pretty drat awesome, does much of the stuff TE handled, while letting you run multiple conduits in a single block and use facades on them. Facades that can be painted to look like basically anything you want.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Lizard Wizard posted:

Mekanism's Energy Cube should be good enough and it's really cheap to make. I believe it should work just fine with a wooden pipe on the output. It's also pretty cheap to make provided you have the redstone and gold.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

Lizard Wizard posted:

If you are using Big Dig, you can make universal cables until you get red stone conduits. They are very cheap, don't explode like Buildcraft. But they are very laggy if you have a lot of them, so swap them out for red stone conduits as soon as possible.

For batteries, I suggest you head into the config files and turn off loss in red stone conduits, if not, you have to keep power production and power consumption seperated by a layer of energy cells. If you don't, all your power will be gone from one battery charging the other, and then back. Unless KL did something to prevent that.

Gollom
Mar 5, 2007
I pawned the precious

Dunno-Lars posted:

If you are using Big Dig, you can make universal cables until you get red stone conduits. They are very cheap, don't explode like Buildcraft. But they are very laggy if you have a lot of them, so swap them out for red stone conduits as soon as possible.

For batteries, I suggest you head into the config files and turn off loss in red stone conduits, if not, you have to keep power production and power consumption seperated by a layer of energy cells. If you don't, all your power will be gone from one battery charging the other, and then back. Unless KL did something to prevent that.

Buildcraft's pipes haven't exploded for a while now. As far as lag management goes, they're better than Universal Cables until you can get redstone conduits, I think. Also cheaper for the most part, though throughput management can be annoying.

As a result of the BC pipe change, King Lemming changed redstone conduits to be completely loss-less.

Sorus
Nov 6, 2007
caustic overtones
I don't SimplePowerStorage has updated, it was a cheap MJ storage solution until you could work yourself up to Redstone Energy Cells

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God

EgoEgress posted:

According to the Direwolf videos, in the newest version of Buildcraft (with new pipe mechanics) you can store power by making power pipe loops.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

Bremen posted:

According to the Direwolf videos, in the newest version of Buildcraft (with new pipe mechanics) you can store power by making power pipe loops.

That sounds like it could be really bad for servers.

thevortex-
Apr 12, 2013

m2pt5 posted:

very few modders take public SMP into account, world-wrecking items, blocks that update an insane amount of times, things like this are only taken into account by a small amount of modders :(

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God

m2pt5 posted:

I think (not 100% sure) they also said it would no longer cause performance issues.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

thevortex- posted:

very few modders take public SMP into account, world-wrecking items, blocks that update an insane amount of times, things like this are only taken into account by a small amount of modders :(

There was an amusing fight between KL and CJ on the FTB forums recently about this. CJ was trying to convince KL to use his code for something, and KL was telling him it was too CPU intensive. CJ said "pocket change doesn't matter when you're writing million dollar checks" and KL responded with "caring about pocket change is how you become a millionaire". It was a beautiful exchange, I'll try to find a link.

E: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/thermal-expansion-status.31833/page-3

This is a cool thread, KL tasks about the future of TE. He's planning on maintaining it till at least 1.7, and he's ditching BC power for his own completely rewritten power API (rationale for this is in that thread), and he's rewriting liquiducts and conduits, and adding itemducts.

Taffer fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Oct 13, 2013

Erogenous Beef
Dec 20, 2006

i know the filthy secrets of your heart

Taffer posted:

This is a cool thread, KL tasks about the future of TE. He's planning on maintaining it till at least 1.7, and he's ditching BC power for his own completely rewritten power API (rationale for this is in that thread), and he's rewriting liquiducts and conduits, and adding itemducts.

Having worked with the 1.6 UE and BC power APIs, I can confidently say I will gladly dump both of them if King Lemming comes up with a sane, documented power API.

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

NO ONE risks painful injury on your GREEN SLIME GHOST POGO RIDE.

No one but YOU.
Is there any way to revert the technic launcher to be non-beta? I tried putting it in the Beta version so I could play the shaders+ pack and get started on my Fez-in-Minecraft thing, and now I can't even get the launcher to start so my other plans of just loving around in Hexxit have gone down the bloody toilet.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

Lizard Wizard posted:

Just start off powering machines individually with steam engines, machines can hold some power in them as it is. Getting to the point where you don't have worry about moving power takes a little bit longer than in say IC2, but the ease of making the machines and how no-nonsense the power transport is when you get it is a nice compromise in my eyes.

Pidmon posted:

Is there any way to revert the technic launcher to be non-beta? I tried putting it in the Beta version so I could play the shaders+ pack and get started on my Fez-in-Minecraft thing, and now I can't even get the launcher to start so my other plans of just loving around in Hexxit have gone down the bloody toilet.

Go into your technic folder, locate the two setting files in the root directory and look for a line in them referring to buildstate. Change from beta to stable.

Ash Rose fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Oct 14, 2013

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

axelsoar posted:

Go into your technic folder, locate the two setting files in the root directory and look for a line in them referring to buildstate. Change from beta to stable.

I'm having the same problem, but there's only one settings file in the root directory (launcher.properties) and it doesn't have a line referring to buildstate.

E: nevermind, I was looking in .techniclauncher instead of .technic.

Taffer fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Oct 14, 2013

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

NO ONE risks painful injury on your GREEN SLIME GHOST POGO RIDE.

No one but YOU.

Taffer posted:

I'm having the same problem, but there's only one settings file in the root directory (launcher.properties) and it doesn't have a line referring to buildstate.

E: nevermind, I was looking in .techniclauncher instead of .technic.

I made that mistake too when first getting the texture packs setup how I wanted 'em earlier, before the beta SNAFU. Thanks axelsoar.

Edit: NEvermind, it isn't working. Would reinstalling help at all? What would I have to remove?

Pidmon fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Oct 14, 2013

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

Pidmon posted:

I made that mistake too when first getting the texture packs setup how I wanted 'em earlier, before the beta SNAFU. Thanks axelsoar.

Edit: NEvermind, it isn't working. Would reinstalling help at all? What would I have to remove?

Make sure you did not edit the file in word or something that adds metacharacters, I also know one of the instances of beta had parens around it and that needs to be preserved. Make sure you saved etc.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice

Lizard Wizard posted:

Every power system has it's advantages and drawbacks. Buildcraft's MJ are generally designed to be not stored--you're supposed to run engines as you need them, and shut them down when not in use, and the warm up / cool down time of the various engines is part of the decision-making process as to what energy system to setup. Unfortunately, the energy conduits shown in your picture are hilariously bad, and also kind of buggy. You should never use them for anything. Also people have been telling me to never use buildcraft pipes for memory reasons, and buildcraft waterproof pipes all require cacti, and growing cacti is something that no one should ever have to do.

So here's an illustrated walkthrough of how to get started with MJ in Big Dig. First, choose a base location, somewhere easy to get to, easily expandable, and with ready access to whatever wood, ores, and various animal products you feel you need.

I chose this village.

You'll also need a diamond pick (to get obsidian with), as much obsidian as you can bring yourself to get (ten for a nether portal and ten more to start with is fine to begin with) as well as a bunch of other metals--gold, silver, a stack of iron, lead, copper, and redstone. Wood, stone. Some glass. A furnace to smelt stuff in. Two flint, two nether bricks (stolen from a nether fortress or made by smelting 8 netherrack) and some cobblestone. A stack of coal or charcoal. Maybe.... maybe! Some quartz. And some more redstone.

This step you can probably skip: If you really, really want to maximize ore returns, a "Grind Stone" with a "Wooden Crank" stuck on top is a way to pulverize ores without any power. Just click on the crank, watch it go around, and repeat. Every eight cranks will pulverize one ore into two dusts, which can be smelted into two ingots. But you're playing Big Dig so w/e, who cares, you'll make a big boy pulverizer soon anyway.

Smelt enough just metal for this setup which I'm standing in front of: A chute over a pulverizer, between a Stirling engine w/ lever and a chest. This gold chest is for rad dudes, and is made from eight gold around a iron chest, which is eight iron around a normal chest. Lame dudes can substitute a normal chest. The rest of this setup takes 11 iron, 2 gold, 2 copper, and some assorted stuff--you can substitute pretty much any engine for the stirling engine, but I wouldn't bother. Sticking a clockwork engine on the pulverizer couldn't hurt. Then toss all your ores into the chute, being sure to toss in some iron ore first, turn on the engine, and go do something else while they pulverize. Also pulverize a few obsidian at some point.

The configuration for the pulverizer is simple... the blue side (which you'll put on the top) takes stuff in to be pulverized. The orange side (same side as the chest) spits out both of the outputs directly into the gold chest. It's also kind of stupid--the chute will feed ANYTHING into the pulverizer, and if it can't be pulverized it'll just sit there in the in feed and everything stops moving.

After it's pulverized a bunch of iron ore grab some pulverized iron and some pulverized ferrous metal from the chest and combine it into Invar Blend. Smelt that Invar Blend and you get Invar Ingots.

Use those Invar Ingots (along with 2 copper, 2 gold, 7 iron, and 4 glass) into an Induction Smelter. Steal the Stirling engine from your pulverizer and stick it next to the induction smelter, and ignore the configuration because who cares. This lets you make Electrum (Gold + Silver) or Hardened Glass (Pulverized Obsidian + Lead). Make some of each.

Once you have electrum and hardened glass, you can make Empty Conduits. Nearly there! Make a bunch.

Now make an extra Stirling engine, chutes, and one Magma Crucible and one Liquid Transposer. Above, the Magma Crucible is on the left. Stick redstone into the left chute, and empty conduits on the right. Set up the configurations as shown--blue for either one is input, so the input of the Liquid Transposer should be against the output for the magma crucible. Make sure the drop on the Liquid Transpower UI is pointed as shown... it can be flipped by clicking on the bucket. Turn on the Stirling Engines, and let it run. The magma crucible melts redstone into liquid redstone and passes it into the liquid transposer, which puts it into the empty conduits to make them redstone power conduits. Two Redstones, melted, fills one Redstone Energy Conduit, which is the only power cable you should ever need.

Once you have some redstone Conduits, you can move your engines again and hook them up to all of your machines simultaneously. Hooray! Power flows directly to any machine using it, allowing you to run things as you need them.

Note that, by default, Redstone Conduits feed energy TO any device they're connected to, even engines. In the shot above, only the bottom engine will feed energy into the cables... the top cable has a six-pixel arrow pointing towards the engine, and a blue line next to the arrow. To flip the direction of the flow, whack the conduit with a wrench.

Now that you can make Redstone Conduits (and, incidentally, Liquiducts and Redstone Energy Cells) you can move on to the crazy stuff. Quarries from your sky palace, an Applied Energistics Mass/Energy storage solution, an array of forty Magmatic Engines fueled by lava drawn from hell, yadda yadda yadda. It's a little slow to get going, but believe me, any way to skip right past the Buildcraft default energy pipes is a blessing.

e: To actually touch on Redstone Energy Cells, if you want to use them set 'em up like this.

Remember, conduits with the orange connector are flowing AWAY from the adjacent block, while blue is TOWARDS. Toggle the conduits with a wrench. So we have our engine(s) on the left, which feed into the energy cell. Then a different conduit feeds out from the energy cell to the machines. If these two cables were connected, energy would flow out of the energy cell and back into itself, losing a small percentage each tick, so you'd gradually depower your energy cell.

This setup stores all the power from the engines, and emits power as the engines request it.

Mystic Mongol fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Oct 14, 2013

Killer-of-Lawyers
Apr 22, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Taffer posted:

There was an amusing fight between KL and CJ on the FTB forums recently about this. CJ was trying to convince KL to use his code for something, and KL was telling him it was too CPU intensive. CJ said "pocket change doesn't matter when you're writing million dollar checks" and KL responded with "caring about pocket change is how you become a millionaire". It was a beautiful exchange, I'll try to find a link.

E: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/thermal-expansion-status.31833/page-3

Oh man, when CJ starts babbling about how it's better to waste a few KB and do it one way then save the space I want to murder him with a 64kb memory chip. God drat compsci people. This is how we get bloat! Kids these days.

Fruit Chewy
Feb 13, 2012
join whole squid
Has anyone here tried out Electrodynamics? It looks interesting so I threw it into a new 1.6.4 pack I've been messing around with. I was hoping to use its alloy tools over TiCon since I've used it quite a few times now. I was also looking at Metallurgy but it seems to have a thoroughly ridiculous amount of new ores and I don't want that much worldgen cluttering up my storage when there's probably only a use for a handful of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Killer-of-Lawyers posted:

Oh man, when CJ starts babbling about how it's better to waste a few KB and do it one way then save the space I want to murder him with a 64kb memory chip. God drat compsci people. This is how we get bloat! Kids these days.

Heh, 64k, try 2k. When you work with 2k memory you learn really quickly to have NO boat. But yeah coding like CJ is terrible and lazy, he takes shortcuts to make things easier and has really inefficient code. Of course, I say this as someone who doesn't code in java, but his excuses and reasoning transcend language.

• Locked thread