Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Please tell me where you took these photos? My grandfather had a Tatra. It'd be kind of neat to see one in the states.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

atomicthumbs posted:

Huh, thought I read that on Wikipedia, but I went and checked and it's not there (and wasn't there). I must've incorporated it from somewhere else :downs:

The references I can find about that lead to Jay Leno's video on it:
http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/at-the-garage/antiques/tatra-t87/
5:10

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

A C130H needs between 1400 and 3500 feet to take off, and air dropping your 5 tonner (would it fit?) would be badass.

Sviatoslav
Feb 9, 2010

Slavvy posted:

Air cooled, all alloy OHC v8. In the 40's. Legendary.

Actually they came out with that engine in 36, which makes it wicked ahead of its time. Also it has a fully independent suspension and a stupid low drag coefficient on par with a prius. They also made a base model with an air cooled flat 4 (sounds and looks familiar?) which predated the VW Beetle. Tatras were so far ahead of their time. I view their demise as one of the greatest tragedies of WWII, right up there with the holocaust, firebombing cities, and the rape of nanking. I like to think that they would be on par with Mercedes/BMW/Audi if they weren't caught up in stupid world war. Make awesome cars, not war.

They also made a race car.

Sviatoslav fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Oct 17, 2013

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Cakefool posted:

A C130H needs between 1400 and 3500 feet to take off, and air dropping your 5 tonner (would it fit?) would be badass.

Maybe YOUR C130 takes 1400 feet to take off...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfJsMtOvUvk

Of course your C130 probably hasn't been smashed and/or caught fire.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Disgruntled Bovine posted:

Maybe YOUR C130 takes 1400 feet to take off...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfJsMtOvUvk

Of course your C130 probably hasn't been smashed and/or caught fire.

That is awesome and America as gently caress. Oh, this doesn't work for what we need it to do? Throw rockets on that sumbitch until it can stop and go in the space needed!

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I can't stop thinking about old Japanese hatches today.

Sudden Infant Def Syndrome
Oct 2, 2004

T1g4h posted:

That is awesome and America as gently caress. Oh, this doesn't work for what we need it to do? Throw rockets on that sumbitch until it can stop and go in the space needed!

JATO Rockets on Youtube

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

Sviatoslav posted:

Actually they came out with that engine in 36, which makes it wicked ahead of its time. Also it has a fully independent suspension and a stupid low drag coefficient on par with a prius. They also made a base model with an air cooled flat 4 (sounds and looks familiar?) which predated the VW Beetle. Tatras were so far ahead of their time. I view their demise as one of the greatest tragedies of WWII, right up there with the holocaust, firebombing cities, and the rape of nanking. I like to think that they would be on par with Mercedes/BMW/Audi if they weren't caught up in stupid world war. Make awesome cars, not war.

They also made a race car.

Quad weber 48 IDAs (I think) and i)some shade cloth material for filtering*, and ii)a garden hose... Premium engineering

E:
* I wonder what UV/shade rating it has.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Oct 18, 2013

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
It looked like window screening to me, but I might be wrong.

The minivan every AIer with children needs (Mazda 1st-gen MPV), unless they like previas instead. You could get these in AWD with a center diff lock (AKA true 4x4) and... a manual transmission. Available until something like 1998 or 1999, too.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Zlatan Imhobitch posted:

I love this to absolute death.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

Rhyno posted:

Me too. It's so... kawaii.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Rhyno posted:

The bike folds down and fits in the back. They were briefly sold as a package. :3:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Maker Of Shoes posted:

The bike folds down and fits in the back. They were briefly sold as a package. :3:

Man, why can't we have nice things here in America???

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Rhyno posted:

Man, why can't we have nice things here in America???

Fat people. Imagine some "Standard American" trying to use that.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

veedubfreak posted:

Yet another reason that my anti-fat attitude is the right way to live.

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

:getin:

Fo3 posted:

Quad weber 48 IDAs (I think) and i)some shade cloth material for filtering*, and ii)a garden hose... Premium engineering

E:
* I wonder what UV/shade rating it has.

That doesn't look like garden hose, it looks like braided reinforced tubing. It's a very common kind of hose used in marine applications, but I'm sure it's used other places in the industry.

http://superflex.com/rollerflex-hose/rollerflex-tubing/rollerfle-btc-braided-reinforced-tubing-for-custom-material-handling.html

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Lamborghini has gone full blown mental.

Its 4.5 million dollars, only 9 will be made and it goes 220mph.

Sudden Infant Def Syndrome
Oct 2, 2004

Full blown amazing

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City
I saw this rocket today. It sounded glorious when he nailed it.

Not sure if it's real but it sounded the part.

Paul Boz_ fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Oct 19, 2013

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Nice Brabus, terrible wheels tho IMO.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

veedubfreak posted:

It looks like a (slow) hoot though:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THpYOCyvdAU

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎

Preoptopus posted:

Its 4.5 million dollars, only 9 will be made and it goes 35mph around Goodwood once a year.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

T1g4h posted:

Here is the full collection of footage from the Operation Credible Sport tests (Without that stupid narrator or goofy music over the top):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMrSaJsIKr4

It's even crazier when you read what they were actually planning on doing:

Wikipedia posted:

The Credible Sport concept called for a modified C-130 Hercules cargo plane to land in the Amjadien Stadium across the street from the U.S. Embassy and airlift out Delta Force operators and the rescued hostages.

:black101:

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Preoptopus posted:

:eyepop:
:holymoley:

DO YALLS WANT SOME AERO???

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Preoptopus posted:

This looks exactly like a tamiya toy race car and it is AWESOME!

rcman50166
Mar 23, 2010

by XyloJW
Anyone else think the wheels don't really add anything to the design? It makes it look a little cluttered.

Solar Coaster
Sep 2, 2009

rcman50166 posted:

Anyone else think the wheels don't really add anything to the design? It makes it look a little cluttered.

I love the wheels. They add a really cool red accent to the whole car.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Solar Coaster posted:

I love the wheels. They add a really cool red accent to the whole car.

The red is on the tire. :v:

Kachunkachunk
Jun 6, 2011
It's very... busy. So yeah, maybe the wheels don't help that any.

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

Got a canoe? Got a Miata? No problem!

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
Saw this today, any idea what it started life as? Only badges were for some custom coach company.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
It looks like they took a 2-door Buick LeSabre T-Type, cut off the front clip and welded the front half of a 4-door LeSabre to it. While still using the T-type cosmetics up front.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Its like something red green made except less rusty and without duct tape.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Zlatan Imhobitch posted:

Keep an eye out for my new thread tomorrow if all goes well. But think.....older :q:

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

13 INCH DICK posted:

Keep an eye out for my new thread tomorrow if all goes well. But think.....older :q:

I'm smacking my lips in anticipation it better be amazing.

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎
I briefly confused this for the Autozam AZ-1, and it made me sad that we can't get them in the states. Why are all the gull-wing door cars so expensive or unavailable in the US?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
BUILT NOT BOUGHT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
It's too low for my tastes, but this guy's done an imgur album of his VW rebuild:
http://imgur.com/a/UtT3E/layout/blog

Bonus: Pucker!

InitialDave fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Oct 20, 2013