Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

slothrop posted:

That's an amazing collection, I'm guessing its in Victoria from the plates? Pity it's a bit far from us, having to take an enforced road trip away from the Blue Mountains tomorrow and it would have been neat to have something like that within a day's travel!

Yeah, it is in Victoria. Here's the owner's website (be prepared for some dated website design): http://www.comogardens.com.au/vintage_cars.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TRANS AM 20000
Apr 17, 2010

Time to punch it!

A racing truck blowing smoke rings.

Root Bear
Nov 15, 2004

DARKEST SKETCH
Did some front end work and fixed the vacuum powered door lock system on this stretched '67 Continental:

The owner is bringing it back in the spring so we can replace the leaf springs and air shocks, I'll be sure to get more pics of it then.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

General Wiggles posted:

I'm guessing he's getting on and off the throttle through the turn to do that.

SierraEchoBravo
Jun 23, 2010
I hope so, or else there's something tragically wrong with the engine/FI setup.

Stardotstar
Jun 2, 2012

General Wiggles posted:

A lightbulb goes off in the heads of 10,000 drifters. Seriously though, that's pretty loving awesome regardless of whether or not it's intentional.

This post inspired by the legendary racing Prius.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I remember when that GIF first was posted - the engine is in the process of blowing up, and nobody could figure out how in the world it was blowing smoke rings while doing so. Definitely not intentional.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

IOwnCalculus posted:

I remember when that GIF first was posted - the engine is in the process of blowing up, and nobody could figure out how in the world it was blowing smoke rings while doing so. Definitely not intentional.

Yeah. Notice how the smoke rings catch fire right before the gif loops. Whatever the hell is going on in there, it's not good.

TRANS AM 20000
Apr 17, 2010

Time to punch it!

Warning: This wing good for one take-off only.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

IOwnCalculus posted:

It did not even trigger that this was on dirt, and therefore had to be smoke from the engine, which is rarely a desirable thing.

j3rkstore
Jan 28, 2009

L'esprit d'escalier

General Wiggles posted:

Warning: This wing good for one take-off only.

Not all wings are made equally.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

j3rkstore posted:

Not all wings are made equally.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA

I see your one guy and raise you two ladies.

drukqs
Oct 15, 2010

wank wank you're a pro vaper I'm not wooptiedoo...
Quite possibly a repost (found on the first page of a several year old thread on MR2OC) but this is sooooo droolworthy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_PkswoXMx0

Brain Issues
Dec 16, 2004

lol
Just got our first RS7 in at the dealership. It sounds absolutely brutal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXG4GIVt_BE

Twin Turbo V8, 560HP

drukqs
Oct 15, 2010

wank wank you're a pro vaper I'm not wooptiedoo...

Brain Issues posted:

Twin Turbo V8, 560HP

Zeus himself having intestinal rumbling

:cthulhu::cthulhu:

Vigo327
Dec 24, 2012
IF I CONTINUE TO WHINE ABOUT THE PROBATIONS I RECEIVE, REPORT THIS POST SO THAT I CAN BE PROBATED AGAIN

Stardotstar posted:

This post inspired by the legendary racing Prius.

Since your hybrid picture does not poke fun at any M-car circle-jerking i suppose you will not be probated. That does remind me of that one magazine way back that took a Prius around a road course WOT and followed it with an M3 and found the M3 got better MPG under those conditions than the Prius.

Brain Issues posted:

Twin Turbo V8, 560HP

Uhhhh.. Woah. :stare:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Vigo327 posted:

Since your hybrid picture does not poke fun at any M-car circle-jerking i suppose you will not be probated. That does remind me of that one magazine way back that took a Prius around a road course WOT and followed it with an M3 and found the M3 got better MPG under those conditions than the Prius.

Top Gear did it as well in their usual entertaining fashion. Skip to 4:00 for Prius vs M3 bit - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmxUsGiGp3w

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Brain Issues posted:

Twin Turbo V8, 560HP

Sounds like an AMG...and that is a very good th ing.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
It sounds really similar to a ZL-1 Camaro, honestly.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

You Am I posted:

Yeah, it is in Victoria. Here's the owner's website (be prepared for some dated website design): http://www.comogardens.com.au/vintage_cars.html

Heh, I'm doing a web design course at TAFE and if you consider that dated you should see some of the poo poo my classmates turn out.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Vigo327 posted:

Since your hybrid picture does not poke fun at any M-car circle-jerking i suppose you will not be probated.

Holy loving poo poo I'm pretty sure you should get over yourself and/or your butthurtedness already. That was like a month ago now and you were wrong.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Is this guy driving a classic 911?

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

InitialDave posted:

Sure looks like it.

e: nice avoidance skills.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

InitialDave posted:

I can't stop watching it.

Vigo327
Dec 24, 2012
IF I CONTINUE TO WHINE ABOUT THE PROBATIONS I RECEIVE, REPORT THIS POST SO THAT I CAN BE PROBATED AGAIN

NitroSpazzz posted:

Top Gear did it as well in their usual entertaining fashion. Skip to 4:00 for Prius vs M3 bit - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmxUsGiGp3w

I think that's exactly the thing i was remembering. I'll file that under "more failures of memory i will soon forget".

kastein posted:

Holy loving poo poo I'm pretty sure you should get over yourself and/or your butthurtedness already. That was like a month ago now and you were wrong.

Settle down, my friend. I had been ignoring your last post since you were so far behind on my probations, but since you are trying to draw me out :shrug: I will respond by taking the high road and congratulating you on learning from your last probation where you were hassled for "all the time you spent raging about someone's posting by... making a terrible post". I too have learned from my most recent probation!

I can tell you've improved because you've included a (subjectively) 'AI-relevant' picture and many less instances of the word "loving" in your self-righteous butthurt insistence that i get over myself and my butthurt. So, for your improvement: :tipshat:

As for relevant content:

http://www.robidaconcepts.com/#!tucker-48
I had no idea how awesome these Tuckers were until i saw one in person last year sometime. Even without knowing much about it it draws you in. It was a massively cool car and it's sad that they're completely unattainable to pretty much everyone. Despite that, a couple of professional badasses have built a few replicas from the ground up.

Vigo327 fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Oct 24, 2013

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Vigo327 posted:

I too have learned from my most recent probation!

:ironicat:

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Darchangel posted:

Sure looks like it.

e: nice avoidance skills.

That looks like a very practiced response. Otherwise he would have lifted and ended up pointing the wrong way.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

InitialDave posted:

This is some action movie poo poo right here, the man will have to carry it around on his phone as an ever-lasting pub story.

"Yes Jim, you've told us about the time you dodged two wrecks in a Porsche *rolls eyes*"

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Might I ask where you keep your forced induction accessories?
Grimey Drawer

InitialDave posted:

He got super lucky there weren't any cars next to him.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

piss boner
May 17, 2003

He's here all night, folks. Try the veal and remember to tip your waitress. :rimshot:

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Here we see the audi engineer testing the potato capacity. The new a5 sportback has the largest potato capacity in class, a must for the discerning eastern European market. Vorsprung durch technik.

e: fixed for dropshadow :)

Slavvy fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Oct 24, 2013

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

Slavvy posted:

Here we see the audi engineer testing the potato capacity. The new a6 sportback has the largest potato capacity in class, a must for the discerning eastern European market. Vorsprung durch technik.

*A5 Sportback

Brigdh
Nov 23, 2007

That's not an oil leak. That's the automatic oil change and chassis protection feature.

Looks nice, if I can shut off my brain from pointing out all the things wrong with it.

Slavvy posted:

Here we see the audi engineer testing the potato capacity. The new a5 sportback has the largest potato capacity in class, a must for the discerning eastern European market. Vorsprung durch technik.

e: fixed for dropshadow :)

Jeremy Clarkson works for Audi on the side? (not positive it him, but it looks close and it looks like something he'd do)

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Might I ask where you keep your forced induction accessories?
Grimey Drawer
I saw a pristine first gen Honda Prelude yesterday. And I mean pristine. The little bits of discoloration on the paint are just pollen or dirt. Not a scratch on this thing. Even the wheels were perfect. I was going to get a picture of the immaculate interior but people started staring at me for drooling over a ~35 year old japanese car.

Sadi
Jan 18, 2005
SC - Where there are more rednecks than people

InitialDave posted:

Depends if you consider a 993 classic or not.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

I love seeing really old Japanese tin cans that should have rusted back into the earth 15 years ago just driving around California like it's no big deal.

The CRX was completely stock and also pristine, made me smile to see something usually so abused get taken care of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Sadi posted:

Depends if you consider a 993 classic or not.
Not sure. I don't right this minute, but I suspect the whole "last of the air-cooled" thing will give them some cachet in the future. I think they're just not old or uncommon enough to be considered classics yet. Go back another fifteen years, and yes, I do. Late-eighties Turbos are the image I always have in my mind as to what a 911 is, because those were the hot poo poo when I was a kid.

I asked because I didn't know what it was from the image, I'm not so hot on Porkers.