Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pimp Cauldron
Aug 3, 2002

A twisted pictoral of phoenix, AZ

*throws half eaten doobie dog at feet of indian*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

Rapdawg posted:

gently caress, someone should help the guy with his loan application if he actually has a plan- a good plan.

He's on the right track and won't be filling out the loan application until he has documentation that proves without a shadow of a doubt that he has enough twitter followers to run a successful hot dog hovel

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.
drat. I went to buy a new car today and found out I was only 13 twitter followers short of a brand new Audi. Don't be like me, kids. Save your twitter followers. You'll need them later for new cars and racists tweets about fat ladies twerkin'.

Pimp Cauldron
Aug 3, 2002

I'm on the horn with Gawrsh, Gorsh, and Gourch as we type. I don't see any loan officer standing in the way of some good ol' lawyerin' up goongenuity.

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

The melamine plate sits heavy in my trembling hand, one Famous Frog Dog sat atop as I return to my table, a one-piece plastic outdoor picnic bench. "Doobie really went all in on these," I think to myself, noting the bun itself is even coloured green. Doubt begins to grow as I sit down and get a better look at my meal, noting the unusual texture on the green bun...

Cool Blue Reason
Jan 7, 2010

by Lowtax
The big government goons consistently vote for is responsible for the regulations that stifled the hot dog stand they paid for. Very interesting...

I could have told you over regulation would destroy dog creators but you wouldn't have listened.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Am I in the minority who regrets giving this guy money, even though it seemed like an adorable idea at the time? At least I'm only out ten bucks, but that :10bux: could pay for food that someone would actually eat at some point in time.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Protocol7 posted:

Am I in the minority who regrets giving this guy money, even though it seemed like an adorable idea at the time? At least I'm only out ten bucks, but that :10bux: could pay for food that someone would actually eat at some point in time.

I regret that I spent four bucks on a sandwich at lunch that I never ended up eating but I'm not too broken up over it.

Pimp Cauldron
Aug 3, 2002

SpoopyMonkey posted:

I regret that I spent four bucks on a sandwich at lunch that I never ended up eating but I'm not too broken up over it.

The difference is no part of your sandwich required the mobilization of a cadre of manchildren on the internet

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

SpoopyMonkey posted:

I don't really regret it, I just find it sad that the kickstarter crashed and burned so hard.

It was still an adorable story up to that point, but eh. I should have seen it coming, but I got caught up in the hype I guess. Sure learned my lesson.

vvvvvvv Them Alabamans are smarter than we give 'em credit for.

Macichne Leainig fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Oct 23, 2013

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

Protocol7 posted:

Raw dogged by Doobie.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Protocol7 posted:

vvvvvvv Them Alabamans are smarter than we give 'em credit for.

Doobie verified as smarter than the 1,000 people following him on twitter

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
Personally, I still believe in the hot dogs.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

Me too.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I think they're just small bratwursts.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

I want to, I really do, but if the guy really blew through $12 grand doing who knows what, that really puts a damper on my belief.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
Yet another up and comer put down by Spike's Junkyard Dogs and incompetence.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
So what, a bunch of FYAD trolls contacted him on twitter and tricked him into buying a bunch of useless crap because they are jealous of GBS or something?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

I.N.R.I posted:

So what, a bunch of FYAD trolls contacted him on twitter and tricked him into buying a bunch of useless crap because they are jealous of GBS or something?

:argh: FYAAAAAAD :argh:

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

The age old rivalry between FYAD and GBS because they're je.. jeal.. jealousbahahaha what the gently caress is wrong with you people

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
Please always remember that FYAD has also saved lives.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

NFX posted:

There, all better.

The "BIG GIRL TWERKINGGG LMFAOOOOOO I DIEDDDDD LMFAOOOOO BRUHHHHHHH" video really was Wayne "Doobie Dogs" robinsons' waterloo.

Smokey
Feb 8, 2008
This guy is kramer

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

Smokey posted:

This guy is kramer

Hot dogs, Jerry! Hot dogs.

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAUP1wsmqUU

spacetimecontinuu
Dec 31, 2004
I still don't know what happened, can you guys tell me what happened?

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot

spacetimecontinuu posted:

A racist Alabamian took $17,000 in donations from Something Awful goons for a hot dog place (the sample photos of his hot dogs looked pretty gross) and is following through with basically nothing, and none of the money will be returned.

e: Ironically this has validated much of my bigotry towards the American South.

Michael Scott fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Oct 24, 2013

Ransom
Jan 8, 2001

JOLLY RAPIST

Heart warming dude turns out to be kinda dumb and kinda racist.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Michael Scott posted:

A racist Alabamian took $17,000 in donations from Something Awful goons for a hot dog place (the sample photos of his hot dogs looked pretty gross) and is following through with basically nothing, and none of the money will be returned.

Anyone who was at all familiar with how kickstarter works (so, everyone from SA who donated) knew full well this was not only possible but likely.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Nothing of significance, actually. Wayne was counting on a $5k disbursement from a 401k as part of his funding, which has been delayed. Hence, he applied to the bank for a line of credit in case things get tight.

He was denied by the SBA and he bitched about it on his facebook page. Hence, FYAD is going apeshit.

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

For $20,000 I can give you one hot dog. ;)

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

Box of Trial
Sep 4, 2003

TONKA HYAH

Michael Scott posted:

e: Ironically this has validated much of my bigotry towards the American South.

Where did you get the "following through with nothing" part of this? He's seeking a small loan, but that doesn't mean he's just going to say "gently caress it" if he doesn't get it. I'm not contesting the racist part or the dumb part though. He doesn't hit reply to tweets when he responds to people mentioning him, and his post about his dream for Doobie's was a digital photo of his monitor displaying a digital photo.

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot
Just you wait. If you get a Doobie Dog, I'll be wrong.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Box of Trial posted:

Where did you get the "following through with nothing" part of this? He's seeking a small loan, but that doesn't mean he's just going to say "gently caress it" if he doesn't get it. I'm not contesting the racist part or the dumb part though. He doesn't hit reply to tweets when he responds to people mentioning him, and his post about his dream for Doobie's was a digital photo of his monitor displaying a digital photo.

It's not because he doesn't "intend" to follow through, it's because he has so far gotten swindled for a vent hood, bought a coke fountain contract before finishing putting up any walls inside his place, and has now (after getting 2.5x his estimated original budget) decided that even though he got turned down for a loan because of bad credit, he is sure to get a loan from the same place if he gets 1,000 twitter followers.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

What everyone else said but with bonus goon canceling christmas for his family to donate $1000 or so to this guy.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Protocol7 posted:

If you are don't let the sun set on you inside Doobie's Dog Shack.

Hey-oh!

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Prefab Sprout the king of rock'n'roll is like the perfect song for this thread.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Box of Trial posted:

So far he has:

Bought a shack without even looking it over.

Gotten a coke contract before he has walls.

Had such bad credit he couldn't get the loan he was banking on, which meant he put no planning into this before hinging a major part of his future on it.

Thought that getting Twitter followers will get him a loan because it shows he has a good idea.

He's certainly following through, but it's in the same way that a plane crash is 'following through' its flight plan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat

Deteriorata posted:

Nothing of significance, actually. Wayne was counting on a $5k disbursement from a 401k as part of his funding, which has been delayed. Hence, he applied to the bank for a line of credit in case things get tight.

He was denied by the SBA and he bitched about it on his facebook page. Hence, FYAD is going apeshit.

You forgot: It's racist to make fun of and be disgusted by morbidly obese people by implying that they eat a lot of fried foods if they also happen to be black.

• Locked thread