Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Count is here, if you can call it a count. A consolidation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
The two words are obviously Hand Job

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
I think that "Thank you" are the word's he's looking for. Though if we could be eloquent and fit a "sorry" into there, that would be good as well.

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

I carry refreshments to the good guys
I made the good guys some home fries
I'm not sure Azz will find goat handjobs as hilarious as we do. It would be pretty funny if we trashed our goodwill with him by sinking to deeper depths of manimalism than he could conceive :v:

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

Mr. Wednesday posted:

I'm not sure Azz will find goat handjobs as hilarious as we do. It would be pretty funny if we trashed our goodwill with him by sinking to deeper depths of manimalism than he could conceive :v:

This is probably true. I urge those with a modicum of sense to think this over carefully.

Still not changing my vote because I want to see which stock image Diog pulls off Gettyimages to depict Azzazel's face, one way or another.

I've been consistently and long-windedly arguing in favor of largely sensible decisions, I'm entitled to one spurt of insanity at least, right?

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Lightnin? HA! Thats a good 'un!
Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!

Tsyni posted:

The two words are obviously Hand Job

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Happy Ending.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

I accept great and magnificent Azzazzel. Now pretty please help my dog before I punch you.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Update eta: Less than an hour.

A RICH WHITE MAN
Jul 30, 2010

See them other chickenheads? They don't never leave the coop.
I'd like to vote AGAINST telling Azz we wanted to give him a goat-job.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

A RICH WHITE MAN posted:

I'd like to vote AGAINST telling Azz we wanted to give him a goat-job.

Me too.

I am also still working on the two words. How about...

Too late.

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My Bad

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
loving say I'm sorry already. Jesus.

You people are the worst Enkidel :(

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012

Deadmeat5150 posted:

loving say I'm sorry already. Jesus.

You people are the worst Enkidel :(

Okay.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

"Goat do you um..."

The goat interrupts you. "There are two words-" says the goat with Azzazel's voice between chews "I would like to hear from you Creature and you will have my aid on the terms offered before." Chew chew chew munch munch as the goat walks towards you "Though I suppose it does not need to be two, as long the content conveys the same meaning."

"I'm sorry" you say.

The goat, grins. Goat mouths are not designed to do so but this one does so regardless.

"You have faced hunger" says Azzazel-as-goat "thirst, cold and heat. You have faced temptation, greed and danger. Lust was not on the list this time but I suppose it can't be helped. Well, you didn't hit all of the big ones Creature, but, I say you, close enough! Today you have overcome PRIDE! I give you high marks! You have been tested and I, Azzazel, the Tester, say you have passed! Now get out of my land, your stinking up the place and scaring my goats!"

The goat throws back it's head and laughs and laughs, a great gush of water shoots from it's mouth and envelopes you and Snarls. You are carried by the swift flow of the waters and spun around and around by a top, this way and that, up side down and side to side.

After several rather disorienting moments, you stop spinning and the water moves more slowly. A rather large fish swims by your face by pays you no mind.

You are in the shallows of a river. You stand up, soaking wet.

You slosh through the water to the edge of the river to see a sleeping Snarls upon the bank beside you. Snarls yawns, stands up amd stretches. He then gives an ecstatic bark and jumps on you, giving you a vigorous slobbery liking.

Master-Brother-Father-Bestests-Friend-Ever-Man-Beast-Friend-Who-Knows-Just-The-Right-Part-of-The-Belly-to-Scratch-to-Make-the-Leg-Kick!

!!! HOME !!!

You look around. Well, you are not in Zepath, but close, maybe a few hours west? You look up. The sun does not seem to have moved in the sky and if you guess your location right, you might get to Zepath by the late afternoon. Wait. You recognize that rock, it is shaped a bit like a goat's head, you passed this way a few months ago when you joined Ishamal on a hunt. You could be home in about 5 hours.

WATER!

You have only drunk cactus piss for days, you kneel and happily drink your fill. As you look into the water, you notice several odd things about your reflection:

Your nails have been neatly trimmed, manicured in fact.

Your hair has been cut neatly. It was getting rather long.

Your beard... you usually wear it neatly but fairly long and bushy. Your beard had been BRAIDED into two long braids and copper rings are on the end of it!

Azzazzel braided your beard!

Smells nice!

You lift an armpit and sniff. And perfumed you...you smell vaguely like saffron. Your beard is now the traditional manner in which men of stature and renown wear it. Kings, Mighty Men and heroes.

...you also notice that Azzazel has changed your clothing. You are no longer wearing the common garment of Zepath, but wear a skirt made of leather strips with copper studs in the end. The garment of the rich, as well as heroes, kings and Mighty Men.

You hear a noise which sounds like a herd of goats laughing underwater and then hear Azzazel's laughing voice.

"Knock em dead Kid! Hahahaha!" His voice fades into the baying of a goat and then it is gone.

You see several things laying on the side of the river. The shell you have stored your pearls in, you check, all of them are within. Your stone knife. Your clothing, rather dingy, dirty and cut up at this point, folded in a neat pile. The monster- jackal skull as well as it's eye, which you smoked to preserve and carried in your garment. Your belt. A garment which looks identical to your clothing, except they are perfectly clean.

As well as your spiked club.

1. You are going...
A. To Zepath.
B. Someplace else. Fill in.

2. Your beard...
C. You leave as is.
D. You unbraid it and take off the copper bands on the end.
E. ...and you put some dirt in it so it looks like you've been living hard for a month, which you have been.

3. As to your clothes, you....
F. Wear the skirt.
G. Put on the clean garment which looks exactly like the clothes you left Zepath in.
H. Put on your somewhat torn up, dirty clothing that you actually wore for the last month.

4. And your spiked club?
I. I take it!
J. I leave it.

If there is anything else you want to do before returning to Zepath, fill in, this is your last call! Probably! Unless you encounter something scary on the walk home, which is still very possible.

Edit: If you have a suggestion for music to play when you walk into Zepath, feel free to post a link.

If you want to, feel free to join us on irc #madgod on synirc.net. The channel tends to always have some people in it and is especially active when updates go up.

If you do not know what IRC is, here is a web based chat version which will not require you to register or download anything: http://chat.mibbit.com/

Diogines fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Oct 25, 2013

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
A C F I

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

1. A. Pray to El and give thanks before heading home.
2. C
3.F
4.I

There Bias Two fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Oct 25, 2013

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

:woop:

1: A - TO ZEPATH!
2: C - Leave it as it is :3:
3: F - Wear the skirt and show off our lovely legs.
4: I - Take the club, we can always burn it to El!

Let's do this in style, club over our shoulder, belongings under one arm and our dog by our side. We've come back a man, and a well dressed one at that, let's knock em dead.

(If we go back in our torn up clothes we'll never be able to own this in the future, this is our chance.)

Nettle Soup fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Oct 25, 2013

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

gently caress yes. I knew I liked Azzazel. We will tell the truth as much as we can, though avoid mentioning Azzazel by name. We will call him a winged being, 13 feet tall, that Tested us as we underwent our test when Tudiya asks how we got all this poo poo.

We will also go immediately to the Temple to sacrifice to El. Then visit mom, Tudiya, and Ishamal.

SerSpook fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Oct 25, 2013

Neraren
Sep 15, 2006
Random Nerd #753897
A
C
F
I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQo1HIcSVtg

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Hey Diog. How many fingers do we have?

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.

Yup! This. We passed with flying colors apparently, and now are going to get up to shenanigans down the line with Azz. Snarls is fine, happy to be home; lets go home as is. If it tips anyone off that we had a little assistance from divine beings - own it at this point. Dont unbraid and change clothes to try and be something we're not.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

Diogines posted:

"You have faced hunger" says Azzazel-as-goat "thirst, cold and heat. You have faced temptation, greed and danger. Lust was not on the list this time but I suppose it can't be helped. Well, you didn't hit all of the big ones Creature, but, I say you, close enough! Today you have overcome PRIDE! I give you high marks! You have been tested and I, Azzazel, the Tester, say you have passed! Now get out of my land, your stinking up the place and scaring my goats!"

Oh, but if he only knew.

Let's go home like a big stinkin' hero. We earned it. If anyone questions how our transformation came to pass, we can simply say enigmatically: "El works in mysterious ways." :smug:

1. A

2. C

3. F

4. I

I'm so happy Snarls is OK by the way! :sun:

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

FoxTerrier posted:

Oh, but if he only knew.

So close...

SerSpook posted:

Hey Diog. How many fingers do we have?

OhYo
Apr 14, 2006

No reason to be dishonest about anything that happened. El sees all and I'm all for fessing up if it's a big deal. Enkidel can now ride back into town dignified.
Voting This.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Yes, we're going to be giving goat hand jobs for the rest of eternity, but let's do this.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Nettle Soup posted:

Let's do this in style, club over our shoulder, belongings under one arm and our dog by our side. We've come back a man, and a well dressed one at that, let's knock em dead.

(If we go back in our torn up clothes we'll never be able to own this in the future, this is our chance.)

Oh hell yes, let's do this :c00l::hf::c00l:

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
We're still bound to not tell anyone about Azz directly or indirectly per the agreement. All we need to tell anyone (besides Ishmail) is that "Through El's grace we passed".

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

OhYo posted:

No reason to be dishonest about anything that happened. El sees all and I'm all for fessing up if it's a big deal. Enkidel can now ride back into town dignified.
Voting This.

We cannot tell of Azzazel by name, to any but Ishamal, for only he knows Azzazel's true nature.

I think this is more evidence that Azzazel isn't fallen but, rather, in the "testing" department.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Have we or have we not agreed to not mention Azz?

Ok.

So if we are dressed to the nines do we need a story?

Edit: first order is to hug Snarls!

Then ask: 'did you see anything when you went away boy?'

Sogol fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Oct 25, 2013

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

10 fingers....2 thumbs. Divine status establisheddd.

Mr Apollo
Jan 1, 2013

Nettle Soup posted:

Yup! A,C,F,I

Music as we walk back into town: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVzvRsl4rEM

Mr Apollo fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Oct 25, 2013

Neraren
Sep 15, 2006
Random Nerd #753897

Sogol posted:

Diogines posted:

The goat interrupts you. "There are two words-" says the goat with Azzazel's voice between chews "I would like to hear from you Creature and you will have my aid on the terms offered before." Chew chew chew munch munch as the goat walks towards you "Though I suppose it does not need to be two, as long the content conveys the same meaning."

"I'm sorry" you say.

I say yes. Even if we weren't technically, Azz is a friend and he asked us not to say. It doesn't cost us anything to do as he asked.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
If we need a story we should just keep it mostly truthful. Say we went pearl fishing, escaped Eyescream, we became desperate and Snarls was hurt so we prayed, and we woke up in the river with our new stylz.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Sogol posted:

Ok.

So if we are dressed to the nines do we need a story?

While in the wastes, with Snarls nearing death, we cried out to the heavens for aid. This happened after being chased by Eyescream, after a month had passed, and when we had used Vayahi Or to call fire. We had inscribed our name on Zepa's monument. A six fingered, giant, winged being appeared and gave us aid. He declared himself to be the one watching us upon this test, and requested we not name him to any but Ishamal.

Keep in mind the description is exactly that of a Melachim. We will also say that Snarls liked him. The being made it a big point that we had passed the test by defeating our pride.

That's a good description, it doesn't name him, it basically says a Melachim showed up to help us, but also said only Ishamal is to know more.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

If you have a suggestion for music to play when you walk into Zepath, feel free to post a link.

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
"Hey, where'd you get those clothes Enkindel? Would be mighty hard to do without getting aid from men of Zepath :stare:"

"Oh, uh, a retired angel whose name I can't tell you gave them to me when I apologized to a goat? No seriously..."

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Theglavwen posted:

"Hey, where'd you get those clothes Enkindel? Would be mighty hard to do without getting aid from men of Zepath :stare:"

"Oh, uh, a retired angel whose name I can't tell you gave them to me when I apologized to a goat? No seriously..."

The king can sense falsehood. We also have our torn, obviously well worn clothing, to establish that we did as asked.

I think we're fine. Ishamal, at the very least, can vouch for us after we tell him of Azzazel.

edit: Tsynii's more basic version is a good starting point. If pressed I do think we need to concede that a Melachim, or what appeared to be one, aided us.

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

Tudiya can read minds (or close), he'll know we didn't cheat.

edit: yeah, that ^

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.
Yeah, if the question comes up don't lie, just don't mention Azz by name.

"In our time of need, at the tail end of of our journey home, we cried out for assistance and were answered." Simple, we aren't lying, and Azz stays anonymous.

Edit: And under our breath "...and almost jerked off a farm animal."

Task Manager fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Oct 25, 2013