Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Also the post-battle screamfests in Mount and Blade. Every time it dies down, one guy goes YAAAAAAAAHHHHH and riles then all back up again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coupon
Jun 12, 2002

I think I've already played more BF4 than I played BF3. I love hardcore mode, but miss the minimap. I don't need spotting, but it's helpful when trying to stick together as a squad. Wasn't the minimap a part of hardcore mode in BF3? Why did they decide to leave it out in BF4?

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Any idea how a rhib could kill an RCB in two shots? I was driving the RCB, two distinct hits, and then the killcam is a rhib (that I had been shooting at) driving away with only the driver/gunner onboard.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Ravenfood posted:

Any idea how a rhib could kill an RCB in two shots? I was driving the RCB, two distinct hits, and then the killcam is a rhib (that I had been shooting at) driving away with only the driver/gunner onboard.

RPG's + lowered health + the minigun on the boat finished you off?

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Coupon posted:

I think I've already played more BF4 than I played BF3. I love hardcore mode, but miss the minimap. I don't need spotting, but it's helpful when trying to stick together as a squad. Wasn't the minimap a part of hardcore mode in BF3? Why did they decide to leave it out in BF4?

If you have an extra screen or a phone or tablet, I think I've heard that the whole battlescreen thing gives you the map with stuff spotted even in hardcore.

Foehammer007 posted:

I miss strike at karkand, does :dice: have any intentions on making a BF4 version?

No clue. If they do they'll probably bring Wake Island back again. One of the DLCs will be specifically bringing over a few old maps, but as always with DICE they're being stingy. It's just Gulf of Oman, Caspian Border, Operation Firestorm, and of course Operation Metro.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

randombattle posted:

I think the 870 is the best which is why it's so amazing jump into shotguns since you get it first.

HAWK 4 life

Grey Fox V2
Nov 14, 2008

Augmented Balls of Titanium!
Anyone know how to get the smiling weiner dog tag?
For some reason I can't copy it?

Grey Fox V2 fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Nov 8, 2013

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Shima Honnou posted:

If they do they'll probably bring Wake Island back again.

But whyyy

It might be a staple of the battlefield series, but it's so loving bad in every incarnation.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

wuat posted:

Paracel rush is amazingly fun if you're on a good team, Shooting 2 SRAWs at the same time at a helicopter (You can control both of them mid flight) and it just instantly blowing up owns, getting in the boat and going 60-1 owns
If you're losing, switch teams

Any map that enables one person to go 60-1 is pretty lovely (although to be fair it is probably as much the overpowered boat as the map). Then your solution to a team steamrolling another is to switch to the winning team. Awesome, that really fixes it. 64 players vs 0 - everyone is a winner!

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
So I'm currently stuck in an attack boat. I was TV missiling at the start of the round, and someone else got in, and now I'm in limbo

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

I unlocked almost all the upgrades for murder boat the first round I played it because I grabbed in on Paracel storm as an attacker and got like 40 kills. They definitely need to tweak that map on rush, at least give the defenders some tow missiles or something.

SAMARIX
Jul 8, 2013

Grey Fox V2 posted:

Anyone know how to get the smiling weiner dog tag?
:words:
For some reason I can't copy it?

On Battle log it says you get that dog tag from Battle packs. "HOT DOG TAG: This unique Dog Tag is unlocked via Silver or Gold Battlepacks"
Good luck. :newlol:

To copy emblems from peoples Battle Log page, you need to be Origin friends with them.

Cervix-A-Lot
Sep 29, 2006
Cheeeeesy
So I've learned that if you hit space too many times while trying to deploy, the game will always crash. But for some reason I can't stop hitting space so much.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

Easy Mac posted:

So I've learned that if you hit space too many times while trying to deploy, the game will always crash. But for some reason I can't stop hitting space so much.

Just press Space once and you'll auto deploy

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Easy Mac posted:

I was so used to double tapping R when playing World of Tanks that it took me weeks of playing War Thunder before I stopped accidentally firing off rockets at the start of every match.

fromoutofnowhere
Mar 19, 2004

Enjoy it while you can.
Or just press esc several times and it'll put you in the deploy screen.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Shima Honnou posted:

Long live'm Malric. :colbert:

Malric is a doob.

BoonyPC
Feb 19, 2007

BULBASAUR posted:

HAWK 4 life

I was using the starting one most of the weekend until I got sick of it(and the constant rubber banding) switched to the 870 today and not looking back, thing mows down people up close with ease and mid range its not too shabby either. Taking out 4 or 5 guys at a time seems a lot easier with these than any of the rifles(run out of ammo too quick)

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
Is it possible through console fuckery to bind a key to take a screenshot?

E: Also is anyone unable to communicate through in-game VOIP? The HUD shows that I'm talking but nobody can hear me.

Robot Randy fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Nov 8, 2013

despise you
Jan 20, 2007
I've been waiting to pick this up... have they fixed all of the fun-killer bugs yet?

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

despise you posted:

I've been waiting to pick this up... have they fixed all of the fun-killer bugs yet?

None of the bugs have been fun killers, just minor to major annoyances. At its core this is a REALLY loving fun game, clouded by some annoying as hell issues which happen at random.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr.Citrus posted:

None of the bugs have been fun killers, just minor to major annoyances. At its core this is a REALLY loving fun game, clouded by some annoying as hell issues which happen at random.

Once they actually fix server crashes and these it loving clear that leveling up from ribbons and post game stuff doesn't actually level you up for whatever reason then it'll be better, that and the net code.

No joke this is one of the funniest multi player experiences I've had regardless.

Umberger
Jan 24, 2010

despise you posted:

I haven't run in to any server crashes since launch to be honest. 64 player servers seem more apt to cause random client/DirectX crashes, but 32-48 player servers are very stable in my experience. However, if the chance of bugs bothers you, there's always a chance for a Black Friday sale (and by then they'll probably have rolled out at least one more update).

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

fletcher posted:

I'm still running 314.22 drivers on my 460GTX. Anything newer than that and my computer locks up every 30 minutes - even if it's just sitting idle at the Windows desktop. Sooo annoying. A google search led me to a thread where many others were having the same problem, rolling back to 314.22 fixed it for a lot of people. BF4 bitches at me about my old drivers every time I start the game.

I have the same problem. The game actually runs fine for me with the 314.22 drivers. While there are some pretty nice performance boosts for the new drivers, consistently crashing after about an hour is just completely unacceptable. NVidia's newer drivers have had this issue for months.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
I just ran into full blown shithead MRA, libertarian fuckhead who, amongst his other claims, said that America started WWI and WWII

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I was just playing Paracel with a friend and we decided to hop in the Chinese RFB and sow some havoc. We came across our RFB beached on the little island south of point D and got sad for a minute. Then we hopped into the thing anyway and holy poo poo. We became a death factory. We were able to suppress and kill people at C and D and the US just kept feeding us RFB and chopper kills as they tried to come get us.

The most brutal Gilligan's Island ever.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

I am the only person that cannot stand Paracel Storm and Flood Zone?

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Inspector_666 posted:

I was just playing Paracel with a friend and we decided to hop in the Chinese RFB and sow some havoc. We came across our RFB beached on the little island south of point D and got sad for a minute. Then we hopped into the thing anyway and holy poo poo. We became a death factory. We were able to suppress and kill people at C and D and the US just kept feeding us RFB and chopper kills as they tried to come get us.

The most brutal Gilligan's Island ever.

I did this with my squad on that hulked ship point, and it ruled. They were pubbies, but we happened to have a rounded enough group to stay supplied while fighting off wave after wave of boats, jetskis, and choppers. The commander even dropped supplies and ran scans for us, presumably because we were the only squad holding a point for the entire round. :black101:

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Does anyone have an idea when a client patch might drop? I think I'll take a break from a game until then - no matter what I try I get the sound loop crash bug and it's really souring me on the game.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
The scout helicopter with 25mm cannons and an engineer aboard is effectively invincible. Massive alpha with two active missiles miiiight kill it, and a SRAW/RPG hit certainly will, but those are long odds. I went 40-1 or so several games in a row with a pubbie riding the skid and repairing.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I swore to myself that I wouldn't even look in the direction of this drat game but I hear the siren calls...so how is it?

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt

Ignimbrite posted:

I just ran into full blown shithead MRA, libertarian fuckhead who, amongst his other claims, said that America started WWI and WWII

Or maybe you're easy to troll.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I swore to myself that I wouldn't even look in the direction of this drat game but I hear the siren calls...so how is it?

It's what BF3 should have been more or less. It's good and has some good old BC2 feel to it.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Good as hell aside from the problems.

Like, better than BF3 good.

And fun, too.

Grey Fox V2
Nov 14, 2008

Augmented Balls of Titanium!

SAMARIX posted:

To copy emblems from peoples Battle Log page, you need to be Origin friends with them.
You didn't in the beta. What a stupid change.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Shima Honnou posted:

Good as hell aside from the problems.

Like, better than BF3 good.

And fun, too.

What kind of problems? And is Origin still trash?

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

What kind of problems? And is Origin still trash?

Origin will never not be trash. It's only purpose now is to record your activity. It has no functionality for the users

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

Tab8715 posted:

I am the only person that cannot stand Paracel Storm and Flood Zone?
I like Paracel Storm a bit, but Flood Zone can gently caress off straight to hell. It's such a pain going from one point to the next, and the middle part of the map feels like one of the more bullshittier COD maps.

Warkak
Dec 21, 2010

Cheesefoot-
Don't kink shame
If you want to simplify copying emblems and having other little improvements, like sperging about symthic stats without having to go to the website, get BetterBattlelog which allows you to simply copy and load emblems without any issue.

http://getbblog.com/en/

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Good grief, whoever designed and tested the rush versions of Shanghai and resort were loving idiots. It's almost impossible to get past the first set of mcoms. The resort is heinously bad, it's almost all water leading up to the mcoms with almost no land around them that the attackers can use.

Shanghai it's pretty much the same, there's no easy to really flank and it's squad spawn on the roof and parachute down city. Putting the second set underground around the b flag on conquest is awful. Unless the defenders are idiots, there's almost no way to take it down.

dog nougat fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Nov 8, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apples
Oct 16, 2004
Just a heads up for any new Server admins out there.

You should look at getting your server hooked up to some streaming services such as GGC-streams or PBBANS.
We've had 20 people kept off the server for being previously busted for hacks in other games such as BF3 (you can choose if you want this type of enforcement or not)and both GGC-Stream and PBBans have banned the same 2 people for hacks. While it doesn't catch everyone I think any extra protection is awesome.

To sign up:

PBBans is fairly strict on letting who is allowed to use their streams to prevent admin abuse, but even if you don't fit their criteria you can still do streaming with reduced features.

http://www.pbbans.com/account_application.php

GGC-Streams will allow anyone to stream and don't really have a criteria of who can and can't stream

When you're setting up the services modify pb_sv_USessionLimit to 16 from 8 or 9.

This way both services can run together.

http://board.ggc-stream.net/index.php?page=Register

You could probably get away with just having one of these over the other but every now and then you will see one person banned on one and not the other so I just run both.

There is also metabans but it required you to find other admins that fairly ban people from their server and following their ban list. I've only just started exploring this service so I can't tell you more.

• Locked thread