Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edoraz
Nov 20, 2007

Takin ova da world :cool:

irlZaphod posted:

Quoting this since it seems to have been missed (or no-one has played it yet).

I was meaning to get back to you about this, actually. I just beat it last night, completely. The game isn't bad, but it's not gonna wow you with anything innovative or super creative. The game controls well. There are some depth issues, even with the 3D on, causing me to sometimes fail jumps. That generally happened in 3D stages. Speaking of, besides 2D stages, there are the occasional 3D courses. These aren't usually some huge explorable area, just 3D obstacle courses.

The music is nice, if you are into dance/techno. Nothing memorable, but hey, better good than bad. There are three worlds with five levels each, and then a boss. There is also a Super Mario Land 3D bit where you beat the game, you get the same set of worlds but mirrored. You start from the exit and go towards the entrance, but it's slightly remixed. Usually a few more enemies or turrets here and there. The biggest catch is instead of reaching the goal, you have to find five hidden Golden Solar Chips, and then reach the exit. It's interesting, because the whole time I was playing this game, I kind of wished it was more like Banjo Kazooie/Mario 64. The whole game feels like an old collectathon platformer.

Did I mention turrets? Cause this game loves them, with little Contra bullets to go with them. Bosses are alright, but it's pretty much the same model with a different coat of paint. At least they all have different patterns and attacks, with different arenas, too. Between each Area there is a minigame, like jetskiing, skydiving, and the last Area with the final boss is a shoot-em up with a dinky gun. I think that fight was the lowlight of the game. It wasn't the controls, just the slow rear end gun you get.

I liked it, but it's hard to justify 9 USD. Try to catch it on sale. It does nothing special to the platformer genre, it does what it's suppose to very well. I had a good time with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Wow! Thanks for the info. I'll probably leave it for now, it looked neat from the trailer but yeah, perhaps a bit pricey for what it is. Hopefully it'll go on sale in a few months.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Something I am curious about. When the Miiverse and your login comes to the 3DS and it merges some parts of the store...does that also count the 3DS eShop purchases toward the WiiU Digital Deluxe reward program of spending $50 gets you $5 back?

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:

Rirse posted:

Something I am curious about. When the Miiverse and your login comes to the 3DS and it merges some parts of the store...does that also count the 3DS eShop purchases toward the WiiU Digital Deluxe reward program of spending $50 gets you $5 back?

I would assume it would be just for WiiU purchases but with the unified wallet you can use your credit on the 3DS shop as well.

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

irlZaphod posted:

Has anyone picked up Jett Rocket? I never played the WiiWare original, the sequel looks really good from the video on the eShop, though. Plenty of variety between platforming and shooter levels.
I've been playing it too, Edoraz pretty much nailed it though. It's a very solid platformer, but it's fairly bland.
If you haven't got Super Mario 3D Land yet you shouldn't even consider Jett Rocket 2

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus
If I grab a larger SD card, can I just copy over the stuff to the new one in windows?

e: oops, this is not the 3ds thread.

Klaus Kinski fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Nov 16, 2013

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Klaus Kinski posted:

If I grab a larger SD card, can I just copy over the stuff to the new one in windows?

e: oops, this is not the 3ds thread.

Yeah, you can.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
So can we send messages to our friends on the Wiiverse on 3ds? I want to know if Phil the Fish is ok. :ohdear:

Edoraz
Nov 20, 2007

Takin ova da world :cool:

Shoehead posted:

So can we send messages to our friends on the Wiiverse on 3ds? I want to know if Phil the Fish is ok. :ohdear:

Unfortunately, no.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Breaking my loving heart here Nintendo.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of November 21):

quote:

WII U RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag - €69.99 / £55.99
    LEGO Marvel Super Heroes - €49.99 / £44.99
    Ben 10 Omniverse 2 - €44.99 / £36.99
    Barbie Dreamhouse Party - €29.99 / £29.99
    Monster High 13 Wishes - €29.99 / £24.99
    Rayman Legends - €29.99 / £23.99 (permanent price reduction)
    Sonic Lost World (demo)
    LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (demo)
WII U eSHOP
    EDGE - €3.99 / £3.59
    Coaster Crazy Deluxe - €6.70 / £5.99
    The Mysterious Cities of Gold: Secret Paths - €14.99 / £13.49
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Brawl Brothers (SNES, US ver.) - €7.99 / £5.49
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Wii Fit U Trial Version (Wii U) - free for 31 days, available until January 31 (Balance Board required.)
    Toki Tori (Wii U eShop) - €1.99 / £1.79 until December 6
    EDGE (Wii U eShop) - €1.99 / £1.79 from November 21-February 1

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - €44.99 / £39.99
    LEGO Marvel Super Heroes: Universe in Peril - €39.00 / £39.99
    Ben 10 Omniverse 2 - €34.99 / £28.49
    Barbie Dreamhouse Party - €29.99 / £24.99
    Sonic Lost World (demo)
    LEGO Marvel Super Heroes: Universe in Peril (demo)
3DS eSHOP
    Chevrolet Camaro Wild Ride 3D - €3.99 / £3.30
    Word Wizard 3D - €3.99 / £3.30
    The Cube - €7.99 / £7.19
    Jewel Match 3 - €6.99 / £5.99
    Christmas Wonderland 3 - €4.99 / £4.49
    Reel Fishing Paradise 3D - €3.99 / £3.59 (permanent price reduction)
3DS VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Donkey Kong (NES) - €4.99 / £4.49
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Arcade Classics 3D (3DS eShop)- €2.99 / £2.50 until November 29
    2 Fast 4 Gnomz (3DS eShop) - €2.99 / £2.69 until November 21
    Football Up! 3D (3DS eShop) - €4.19 / £3.59 until November 28

Note the deal on EDGE: €1.99 / £1.79 for the first few weeks, just like Toki Tori.

That Mysterious Cities of Gold game came from a Kickstarter that only wrapped up at the end of September, so kudos to the devs for the quick turn around. Apparently it's based on a recent French-only reboot of the old 80s cartoon series, weird.

Does anyone care about Brawl Brothers?

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Nov 18, 2013

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Assassin's Creed 4.
£55.99

Ubisoft we've loving been over this.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
70€ for AssCreed? gently caress off, Ubisoft.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

You know that they'll then turn around and say "Oh nobody is buying our games from the eShop, we won't bother putting them up there in future".

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
I don't know why this is a big surprise. It's the same on all of the consoles, major releases get put up for 'RRP' despite everyone knowing that NOWHERE will actually sell the physical copy for that price unless its a first party Nintendo title.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Does anyone care about Brawl Brothers?

I did for a second until I remembered that that was actually the even more ropey second Rushing Beat game, not the first, which I have fond memories of as Rival Turf. Not that I'd probably have paid almost £6 for it anyway.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

That Mysterious Cities of Gold game came from a Kickstarter that only wrapped up at the end of September, so kudos to the devs for the quick turn around. Apparently it's based on a recent French-only reboot of the old 80s cartoon series, weird.

Huh, I wasn't aware that they rebooted it. That was a French/Japanese anime co-production and was hugely popular in the French 80's world along with a bunch of other Japanese Anime, some of which never got English releases at all.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
So, guys… how's 2 Fast 4 Gnomz? :haw:

Russad
Feb 19, 2011

OptimusShr posted:

I would assume it would be just for WiiU purchases but with the unified wallet you can use your credit on the 3DS shop as well.

Couldn't you already do this? I'm pretty sure I got the LoZ Oracle games through code redemptions I earned from the Wii U promotion. It just gives you a code, and I think you can redeem it on either shop.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Russad posted:

Couldn't you already do this? I'm pretty sure I got the LoZ Oracle games through code redemptions I earned from the Wii U promotion. It just gives you a code, and I think you can redeem it on either shop.

Yes, you can redeem that code in either shop.

The unified account stuff they're pushing out later this year (?) is gonna make it so any funds put into one system is also available on the other, so if you redeem the $5 on the WiiU you can buy something with it on the 3DS.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

univbee posted:

Huh, I wasn't aware that they rebooted it. That was a French/Japanese anime co-production and was hugely popular in the French 80's world along with a bunch of other Japanese Anime, some of which never got English releases at all.

It was pretty popular in the UK too, hence me helping with the Kickstarter for this.

The reason it's getting released in super speedy time is that the game was already finished for the PC in French, the KS campaign was mainly translation and porting money.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

irlZaphod posted:

You know that they'll then turn around and say "Oh nobody is buying our games from the eShop, we won't bother putting them up there in future".

The more likely scenario is that they'll just naturally stop putting them up there once they decide to stop porting games to Wii U. They're close to turning off the tap already, it seems.

As stupid as Ubisoft has been about their eShop prices, they're also the most consistent in lowering them when the game doesn't sell (in Splinter Cell's case it took 'em about two weeks).

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

For what it's worth AC4 is actually more expensive on the UK PS Store (£59.99/€69.99) so Ubisoft are being dumb on other consoles too

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

TINA TURNER posted:

So, guys… how's 2 Fast 4 Gnomz? :haw:

Surprisingly okay. Nothing special, but I'd definitely recommend checking out the demo if you enjoy the idea of things like Super Meat Boy or Dustforce put into an auto-runner. It's not as polished as those games, but the controls seemed tight enough and there wasn't any glaringly bullshit deaths that I remember, but there are the semi-blind jumps with signs telling you what abilities you're going to want to use to not die.

Definitely check out the demo before picking it up though, just to make sure it's something you'd want to play. You get a taste for the first world, the only things it keeps from you are new Gnome forms and one of the scoring metrics, but the scoring metric (completion time) depends on the first alternate gnome you unlock (gottagofast gnome) so it makes sense.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Help Im Alive posted:

For what it's worth AC4 is actually more expensive on the UK PS Store (£59.99/€69.99) so Ubisoft are being dumb on other consoles too

That's not even remotely unusual on PSN though. On the eShop they're a good £10 more expensive than anything else.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ
For anyone who has 3D Classics Twinbee and/or has played the original Famicom game, does the game actually have an "end" or does it loop endlessly until I game over? I checked Google and someone on another forum mentioned the original Famicom version having 64 stages even though that wouldn't make sense since every loop is five stages long unless the final loop was one stage short.

Also, the shield and spread shot with the built-in auto-fire absolutely breaks this game (until you lose your shield and hit an enemy in one of the higher levels, which makes the game go from a cakewalk to getting killed every five seconds from enemies that run into you faster than you can react :argh:).

Obeast fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Nov 20, 2013

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
This came up in the 3DS thread but I might as well mention it here, too:

NOE's doing another Club Nintendo promotion (click) - if you register a 3DS/XL and any one of the selected games on Club Nintendo between November 27 and January 13 you'll get a free download code for Super Mario 3D Land! Eligble games are as follows:

Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Bravely Default
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
Fire Emblem: Awakening
LEGO CITY® Undercover: The Chase Begins
Luigi’s Mansion 2
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team Bros.
Mario Kart 7
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Nintendo 3DS version)
New Super Mario Bros. 2
Pokémon X
Pokémon Y
Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy
Sonic Lost World (Nintendo 3DS version)
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Both physical and digital versions are eligible, just remember to link your CN account to your eShop profile before you buy the digital version.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of November 21):

quote:

WII U RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag - €69.99 / £55.99
    LEGO Marvel Super Heroes - €49.99 / £44.99
    Ben 10 Omniverse 2 - €44.99 / £36.99
    Barbie Dreamhouse Party - €29.99 / £29.99
    Monster High 13 Wishes - €29.99 / £24.99
    Rayman Legends - €29.99 / £23.99 (permanent price reduction)
    Sonic Lost World (demo)
    LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (demo)
WII U eSHOP
    EDGE - €3.99 / £3.59
    Coaster Crazy Deluxe - €6.70 / £5.99
    The Mysterious Cities of Gold: Secret Paths - €14.99 / £13.49
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Brawl Brothers (SNES, US ver.) - €7.99 / £5.49
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Wii Fit U Trial Version (Wii U) - free for 31 days, available until January 31 (Balance Board required.)
    Toki Tori (Wii U eShop) - €1.99 / £1.79 until December 6
    EDGE (Wii U eShop) - €1.99 / £1.79 until February 1

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - €44.99 / £39.99
    LEGO Marvel Super Heroes: Universe in Peril - €39.00 / £39.99
    Ben 10 Omniverse 2 - €34.99 / £28.49
    Barbie Dreamhouse Party - €29.99 / £24.99
    Sonic Lost World (demo)
    LEGO Marvel Super Heroes: Universe in Peril (demo)
3DS eSHOP
    Chevrolet Camaro Wild Ride 3D - €3.99 / £3.30
    Word Wizard 3D - €3.99 / £3.30
    The Cube - €7.99 / £7.19
    Jewel Match 3 - €6.99 / £5.99
    Christmas Wonderland 3 - €4.99 / £4.49
    Reel Fishing Paradise 3D - €3.99 / £3.59 (permanent price reduction)
3DS ADD-ON CONTENT
    Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies
  • "Turnabout Reclaimed" (extra case) - €4.99 / £3.99
3DS VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Donkey Kong (NES) - €4.99 / £4.49
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Arcade Classics 3D (3DS eShop)- €2.99 / £2.50 until November 29
    Football Up! 3D (3DS eShop) - €4.19 / £3.59 until November 28

NA update (week of November 21):

quote:

WII U RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Super Mario 3D World (November 22) - $59.99
WII U eSHOP
    EDGE - $3.99
    Coaster Crazy Deluxe - $9.99
    The Mysterious Cities of Gold: Secret Paths - $14.99
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Brawl Brothers (SNES) - $7.99
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Toki Tori (Wii U eShop) - $1.99 until December 6
    EDGE (Wii U eShop) - $1.99 until February 1
    Mega Man (Wii U VC) - $3.49 until November 28
    Mega Man 2 (Wii U VC) - $3.49 until November 28
    Mega Man 3 (Wii U VC) - $3.49 until November 28
    Mega Man 4 (Wii U VC) - $3.49 until November 28

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (November 22) - $39.99
    Mario Party: Island Tour (November 22) - $39.99
3DS eSHOP
    Christmas Wonderland 3 - $7.99
    Jewel Match 3 - $6.99
    Ohno Odyssey - $5.99
3DS ADD-ON CONTENT
    Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies
  • "Turnabout Reclaimed" (extra case) - $5.99
3DS VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    City Connection (NES) - $4.99
DSiWARE
    Hands On! Tangrams - 500 Points / $4.99
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Mega Man (3DS VC) - $3.49 until November 28
    Mega Man 2 (3DS VC) - $3.49 until November 28
    Mega Man 3 (3DS VC) - $3.49 until November 28
    Mega Man 4 (3DS VC) - $3.49 until November 28
    2 Fast 4 Gnomz (3DS eShop) - $2.99 until November 27
CLUB NINTENDO DIGITAL REWARDS
    Art Style: Cubello (WiiWare) - 150 Coins, available until December 8
    Dillon's Rolling Western (3DS eShop) - 150 Coins, available until December 8
    Metroid (3DS VC) - 150 Coins, available until December 8
    The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (Wii VC) - 200 Coins, available until December 8

Note the deal on EDGE: $1.99 / €1.99 / £1.79 for the first few weeks, just like Toki Tori.

Also note the Mega Man sale: 30% off MM1/2/3/4 on both systems until next week.

ALSO also note the Phoenix Wright DLC. Defend an orca! (The case takes place between cases 2 and 3 from the main game, I believe.)

(oh yeah, new Mario/Zelda)

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Nov 21, 2013

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
Well its no surprise Megaman week was going to be "Lets just discount the NES games, releasing new games what is this nonsense :downs:", but they don't even bother to include 5/6 and the one gameboy game on the 3DS? Or X? Hell why not put more games out (Like X2 or those GB games we were promised ages ago) at an introductory sale price or something.

This Character week thing is turning out to be a load of poo poo if its just gonna be discounts on games almost everybody owns a copy of now or only discounts of NES games which is what its looking to be (Save for Links Awakening on 3DS but that's the only exception so far.)

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Well its no surprise Megaman week was going to be "Lets just discount the NES games, releasing new games what is this nonsense :downs:", but they don't even bother to include 5/6 and the one gameboy game on the 3DS? Or X? Hell why not put more games out (Like X2 or those GB games we were promised ages ago) at an introductory sale price or something.

This Character week thing is turning out to be a load of poo poo if its just gonna be discounts on games almost everybody owns a copy of now or only discounts of NES games which is what its looking to be (Save for Links Awakening on 3DS but that's the only exception so far.)

Doesn't help the discounts are so minor. If they were a $1.50 or so I would grab the ones I don't have, but since it only a $.150 off the base price, I just skip the sale. Also why release Megaman X2 when you get Brawl Brothers a game I literally never heard of, and I grew up on the SNES!

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

ALSO also note the Phoenix Wright DLC. Defend an orca! (The case takes place between cases 2 and 3 from the main game, I believe.)

Isn't there supposed to be a second DLC case that they're not releasing outside of Japan because apparently it won't make sense to westerners? I'm really curious as to what was in it that they had so much trouble translating.

On that note, I've always found it odd that the games are clearly set in Japan but all the characters talk about it like the US and react bizarrely to anything Japanese turning up.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Isn't there supposed to be a second DLC case that they're not releasing outside of Japan because apparently it won't make sense to westerners? I'm really curious as to what was in it that they had so much trouble translating.

On that note, I've always found it odd that the games are clearly set in Japan but all the characters talk about it like the US and react bizarrely to anything Japanese turning up.

I thought the entire premise for the series' crazy trial format is that it's some new Japanese court system overhaul designed to chew through the case backlogs and ensure a speedy decision.

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Kacho of My own little gaming world

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

It wasn't released because it requires an extensive knowledge of Japanese history

oneliquidninja
Jan 6, 2007

I swear I wrote something funny here.

RMZXAnarchy posted:

I bought the original Zelda and have been playing through it for the first time in twenty years or so. I plan to do the same with Megaman and I might grab 2 and 3 as well. Granted, prior to buying a Wii U I haven't owned a Nintendo system since the SNES. Maybe it's just a dollar fifty savings but it's enough to encourage me to pick up some classic games and share them with my kids.

That said I would have loved to see Megaman X and Link to the Past being offered as well and I'm a bit disappointed that they're not.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

The second DLC was not a case. It was a quiz game thing about Japanese history.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

And they've confirmed that the West is still getting the reward for the quiz, which is the pink sweater.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Regy Rusty posted:

The second DLC was not a case. It was a quiz game thing about Japanese history.

:psyduck: What? What was the context? None of this is making me want to play it less. I probably know as much about Japanese history as I do western :v:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

And they've confirmed that the West is still getting the reward for the quiz, which is the pink sweater.

You in fact get it from completing the DLC case that was released today. I'm going through case 1 as sweater Phoenix as we speak.

E:

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

:psyduck: What? What was the context? None of this is making me want to play it less. I probably know as much about Japanese history as I do western :v:

Sorry, that's all I know about it. Someone who played the Japanese version would have to weigh in with more info.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

It's just a riff on some of Capcom's old JP-only quiz games, I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
Any insight on whether the eShop will participate in Black Friday and/or Cyber Monday? It would be nice to pick up the new 3D Mario digitally and at a discount.