Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, both the in-browser version as well as the downloaded version in various media players (VLC, MPC, WMP etc) end at ca. the 51:20 mark.

Here's what Audacity says for the downloaded MP3:

Seems like an upload failure to me. The header data at the start of the file reports the 1hr+ length, but the data just ends after some 51 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wooden Palisade
May 23, 2009

none of them want to fight me like you do
Ah, okay, I've finally figured out what the problem was. I'm fixing it now and I'll reupload it in a few, I've got some other things uploading at the moment. Sorry about that - couldn't fix it until I was able to reproduce it!

EDIT: Scratch that, it's up now. Episode 26b

A Wooden Palisade fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Nov 25, 2013

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Good to listen to new episodes - still the best moments for me are everyone laughing at wu-tang, god of secrets. Ain't nothin' to gently caress with.

Edit: 'I'm searching for the legend of the ghost faced killer'

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

A Wooden Palisade posted:

Ah, okay, I've finally figured out what the problem was. I'm fixing it now and I'll reupload it in a few, I've got some other things uploading at the moment. Sorry about that - couldn't fix it until I was able to reproduce it!

EDIT: Scratch that, it's up now. Episode 26b
This did indeed fix it, thanks a bunch!

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.

lenoon posted:

Good to listen to new episodes - still the best moments for me are everyone laughing at wu-tang, god of secrets. Ain't nothin' to gently caress with.

Edit: 'I'm searching for the legend of the ghost faced killer'

The best part being Poorweather's compete lack of any context.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky

Episode 26c

In this part the bad word gets worse, and try to keep an eye on those barrels.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

General Ironicus posted:

Episode 26c

In this part the bad word gets worse, and try to keep an eye on those barrels.

50 mins in and I STILL don't know what the bad word is.

Truly this is your deadliest trap ever Ironicus.

Clearbrook
Sep 2, 2011

SWAG
That room really needed more meat and more things to be on fire.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Clearbrook posted:

I did my best!

WolfShirt
May 8, 2007

Pretty pretty pony pony pretty pony pon pon

Drakkel posted:

I did my best!

Those redcaps really had you over a barrel.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Clearbrook posted:

If only WolfShirt had made a guest appearance with Joey Hoofvsz. Both those problems would have been solved instantly.

Those bad words were really mean. Good job on waiting for appropriate moments to spring the traps and obfuscate the words. Makes me curious, though, what were the other suggested words?

ikks
Sep 6, 2009

You can get anything you want at malice's restaurant

Episode 27a: Undercover, Underground

In this episode we face a terrifying team of experienced operatives.

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011
...I am kind of expecting Mint to betray the party. He is at the same time too goofy and too competent to be trusted.

What level is everyone? I heard the level cap was 10.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Episode 27b

In this part, the party emerges from the tunnels below and into Drakkenhall itself. Also featuring the goblin bazaar, which is basically a flea market for the Addams family.

E: Also introducing Umberto, my favorite NPC yet.

General Ironicus fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Dec 11, 2013

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Gensuki posted:

...I am kind of expecting Mint to betray the party. He is at the same time too goofy and too competent to be trusted.

What level is everyone? I heard the level cap was 10.
If you want to puzzle it out just pay attention to the party's miss damage. Generally it's your level. Sometimes double your level depending on Things that are Happening.

ikks
Sep 6, 2009

You can get anything you want at malice's restaurant
Umberto's just gotta stay cool and keep his weird blind shades aimed down and we won't have any problems at all

Phylaxis
Jun 18, 2012

I asked Drakkel earlier on the twit net if the River Devil made it's way into the rulebook or bestiary. He wasn't sure from what I gathered, and I haven't seen/read mention of it in the thread thus far.

E: Thanks for clarifying.

Phylaxis fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Dec 12, 2013

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
Did they splinter the monsters off into the Bestiary? I haven't really been following it and assumed it would still be in 13 True Ways (which is still in playtesting).

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

DrunkenPHY posted:

I asked Drakkel earlier on the twit net if the River Devil made it's way into the rulebook or bestiary. He wasn't sure from what I gathered, and I haven't seen/read mention of it in the thread thus far. So -- has it, Ironicus?

The kickstarter monsters (along with the dungeons, NPCs, and magic items) will be printed in 13 True Ways.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

PublicOpinion posted:

Did they splinter the monsters off into the Bestiary? I haven't really been following it and assumed it would still be in 13 True Ways (which is still in playtesting).

Speaking of playtesting, the Commander class is pretty interesting. But perhaps I have said too much.

I hope everyone likes these sort of sessions where a big pile of NPCs come out and I try to juggle a bunch of voices and personalities on the spot. I know the players get a kick out of it and it definitely keeps me on my toes.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

General Ironicus posted:

Episode 27b

In this part, the party emerges from the tunnels below and into Drakkenhall itself. Also featuring the goblin bazaar, which is basically a flea market for the Addams family.

E: Also introducing Umberto, my favorite NPC yet.

Not even six minutes in and Margaret manages to completely demolish every shred of decency she might've gained in the first part of the session.

Oh Margaret :allears:

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Episode 27c

In the final part of this episode, the Rogue Elements infiltrate the Drakkenhall thieves and set their plans for the heist.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

General Ironicus posted:

Episode 27c

In the final part of this episode, the Rogue Elements infiltrate the Drakkenhall thieves and set their plans for the heist.

Oh man, the montage. :allears:

I really like the idea of the montage mechanic, but it has a terrible tendency to slow the game's pacing down to a crawl. On the other hand, it's really great seeing players come up with the cunning traps and puzzles themselves, for a change.

Phylaxis
Jun 18, 2012

A Wooden Palisade posted:

The videos are still on hiatus, unfortunately. They require a whole lot of extra work and time to put together, and it turned out at least 80% were listening to the podcasts anyway. I know some people liked them, and they might return! But it just isn't worth the time investment right now while I've got a lot of other things to work on too.
It'd be great if you would but I'm super fine with just seeing the rolls; It helps give a little context. Surely taking a video capture of only the rolls part of the screen can't be that terrible?

Pyradox
Oct 23, 2012

...some kind of monster, I think.

This montage system is really great. I'm running a session soon that could benefit a lot from that kind of thing.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Montages are really great when you throw an obstacle at a character that is normally not used to dealing with it. I love doing that.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

If you've been inspired to get in on the fun, the core book's pdf is currently 20% off: http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/118994?src=DTRPGG+

Phylaxis
Jun 18, 2012

General Ironicus posted:

If you've been inspired to get in on the fun, the core book's pdf is currently 20% off: http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/118994?src=DTRPGG+

Already bought the whole core set for 50bux. Wished I knew this was available.

E: Are there any collection of pogs available? I am really terrible at finding things like that.

Phylaxis fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Dec 18, 2013

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Ughhhhhhh I want it but I also would kinda prefer an actual hardcover book and I'm still broke from Black Friday/Christmas shopping.

Figures that the one game store I went to when I actually had disposable income didn't have it in stock.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Just caught up and the sordid tale of Umberto was just wonderful.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Augh I literally just bought the PDF 5 days ago... oh well, it's only 5 bucks difference.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I'm glad you guys make this LP because it's really fun and casual. :shobon:

Striking Yak
Dec 31, 2012

PlasmaMan posted:

Episode 27a: Undercover, Underground

In this episode we face a terrifying team of experienced operatives.

Is that walkie-talkie what Drakkel is using for a mic in this session? Or was Skype just being lovely when you recorded? It's not unlistenable or anything, just seems to be a drop in quality from the usual. Or is it a problem on my end?

Also, is there much of a backlog? If you guys have been playing every week and there was a short hiatus...

Edit: Secret Elven tanning bed project.

Striking Yak fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Dec 18, 2013

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

We just recorded session 35 last Sunday. There's a backlog.

In mostly unrelated news, today's Retsutalk podcast is a Dungeon World session that feature me as a player, and friend of the LP 100 HOGS AGREE as GM:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MX1c-YULHEA

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
This is a grievously great podcast. :v:

I had a lot of fun!

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
Well that is just amazing, and has sold me on Dungeon World. Good thing Christmas is only a week away.

Clearbrook
Sep 2, 2011

SWAG
Finally understand why my friend loves Dungeon World so much. Defiantly going to try it out when I start having free time off from work.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Here's a special bonus.

I think people who asked for this in the youtube comments don't really understand how terribly bad tabletop maps usually look in my games.

John Liver
May 4, 2009

And here I thought we might have escaped the grease for once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

John Liver posted:

And here I thought we might have escaped the grease for once.

Greased Alphonse is eternal. You cannot escape the grease.

• Locked thread