Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

ETB posted:

Any insight on whether the eShop will participate in Black Friday and/or Cyber Monday? It would be nice to pick up the new 3D Mario digitally and at a discount.

Almost definitely will not happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Yo PAL dudes, LTTP2's up.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

ETB posted:

Any insight on whether the eShop will participate in Black Friday and/or Cyber Monday? It would be nice to pick up the new 3D Mario digitally and at a discount.

There is a 0% chance you are paying less than full price on the eShop for a Mario game that came out a week ago on Black Friday. Like, less than 0%.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

Artix posted:

There is a 0% chance you are paying less than full price on the eShop for a Mario game that came out a week ago on Black Friday. Like, less than 0%.

Well technically, my eShop dollars were purchased with that bonus deal during the summer, so I already am paying less by default! :smug:

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
Just a heads-up; there was a post on NeoGAF a few days ago about a person who switched to a different NNID and had his original deleted out of nowhere invalidating his purchases. Well, I did a name change myself before learning of this and when I went to boot up the WiiU just now to get Mario 3D world, I just learned that my original NNID was also deleted out the blue. I'm going to call Nintendo tomorrow at some point, but... wow, this kind of stinks.

EDIT: Okay, so I made a new user and linked to the existing NNID I had made those purchases on, went into the eShop and my balance is still there and it's saying I've purchsed the games I did, and will let me download them. The games that have been installed still say they don't work because the NNID was deleted but it looks like I can redownload them and use them... .. or just start the game again after it took me to the eShop to "purchase" it again. So THAT works.

Okay so lesson learned: Never do that again.

Lastdancer fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Nov 22, 2013

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
I'm guessing the Youtube app finally will be available next week, they said end of November and that's Saturday after next.

I can't wait! The 3DS has always sucked as a video player for us in Europe because we haven't got the Netflix/Hulu apps, it will be awesome to have something better than the lovely four video Nintendo Tv thing and Eurosport Highlights.

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

You can't choke if you chew forever
:dukedog:
Super Mario 3d World is now live on eShop :mario:

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Download race:

If the servers are getting swamped, they seem to be handling it fine.

Shoota_McG
Sep 8, 2004
Yeah, my download was nice and quick but Wii U games take too long to install.

oneliquidninja
Jan 6, 2007

I swear I wrote something funny here.
Puddle and Kung Fu Rabbit are both on sale right now for Wii U in NA for $3.99 and $1.99 respectively. I grabbed them, EDGE, and Toki Tori for a little more than :10bux: with tax.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

Mechathief posted:

Just a heads-up; there was a post on NeoGAF a few days ago about a person who switched to a different NNID and had his original deleted out of nowhere invalidating his purchases. Well, I did a name change myself before learning of this and when I went to boot up the WiiU just now to get Mario 3D world, I just learned that my original NNID was also deleted out the blue. I'm going to call Nintendo tomorrow at some point, but... wow, this kind of stinks.

EDIT: Okay, so I made a new user and linked to the existing NNID I had made those purchases on, went into the eShop and my balance is still there and it's saying I've purchsed the games I did, and will let me download them. The games that have been installed still say they don't work because the NNID was deleted but it looks like I can redownload them and use them... .. or just start the game again after it took me to the eShop to "purchase" it again. So THAT works.

Okay so lesson learned: Never do that again.

I feel like you need to elaborate on this. What does 'switching' to a different NNID involve? How did your NNID get deleted?

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

I feel like you need to elaborate on this. What does 'switching' to a different NNID involve? How did your NNID get deleted?

By "switched" I mean making a new one, unlinking the old one and leaving it on the system (the system will warn you if you try to delete it that you will lose access to games purchased with that account, which is why I ended up not doing that initially), but not having the system select it by default. All I know is I definitely did not willingly delete it. The other guy with this issue, if he indeed have the same issue, could easily fix it by relinking the account by creating a new user; that worked for me since it was all done on the same console.

It still doesn't sound right even to me because there's other users on there and logging into them doesn't do anything crazy like deleting the first NNID. No one else is around to change anything on the system when I'm not there, so I know it wasn't someone else. I DO know that when I made the new account, I was trying to get rid of the old one. I backed out of full on account deletion when the system warned me about losing access to purchased games, and I *think* there was another option that sounded safer and I went with that... maybe that just triggered full-on account deletion anyway. Either way, everything's all good now, re-linking the account works as long as it's the same system the purchases were made on. Lost save data, but that doesn't bother me.

EDIT: Here we go: "When you delete a user you have two different options. You can delete the local user on your console as well as the associated Nintendo Network ID, or you can choose to just delete the user, but leave the NNID."

I did the second option because trying to do the first warns you that you WILL lose access to game purchases. I think it's funky wording and reading that now I definitely see that it was caused by my own hand. I deleted the user, but left the NNID... on THEIR system. So I could re-link the account. It still deletes the user from your game system and makes all the purchased games unusable, but they don't bother to explain that if you decide to go that route. I must have figured it was safe because I've heard all too often that the games are tied to the system, but this is not entirely the case.

Lastdancer fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Nov 22, 2013

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of November 28):

quote:

WII U RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Super Mario 3D World - €59.99 / £49.99
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Uncharted Waters: New Horizons (SNES, US ver.) - €7.99 / £5.49
WIIWARE
    Deer Drive Legends - 500 Points / €4.99 / £4.49
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Wii Fit U Trial Version (Wii U) - free for 31 days, available until January 31 (Balance Board required.)
    Toki Tori (Wii U eShop) - €1.99 / £1.79 until December 6
    EDGE (Wii U eShop) - €1.99 / £1.79 until February 1

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    One Piece Romance Dawn - €34.99 / £28.49
    Doodle Jump Adventures - €24.99 / £19.99
    Power Rangers Megaforce - €34.99 / £28.49
    My Baby Pet Hotel 3D - €29.99 / £24.99
3DS eSHOP
    3D Space Harrier - €4.99 / £4.49
    3D Super Hang-On - €4.99 / £4.49
    Angry Bunnies - €4.99 / £4.49
    World Conqueror 3D - €4.99 / £4.49
    Mystery Murders: The Sleeping Palace - €4.99 / £4.49
3DS VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Crash'n The Boys Street Challenge (NES) - €3.99 / £3.59
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Arcade Classics 3D (3DS eShop)- €2.99 / £2.50 until November 29
    Football Up! 3D (3DS eShop) - €4.19 / £3.59 until November 28
    3D Game Collection (3DS eShop) - €5.99 / £5.99 until December 8
    Funfair Party Games (3DS eShop) - €9.99 / £8.99 until December 8
    Murder on the Titanic (3DS eShop) - €6.99 / £7.49 until December 8
    Gardenscapes (3DS eShop) - €6.99 / £7.49 until December 8
    3D Mahjongg (3DS eShop) - €2.49 / £2.19 until December 8
    Heavy Fire: Black Arms 3D (3DS eShop) - €3.99 / £3.59 until December 12
    Darts Up 3D (3DS eShop) - €1.49 / £1.34 until January 2

Sega's finally rolling out their 3D Classics-style remakes, starting with Space Harrier and Super Hang-On. These remakes are top-notch, and their choice of games is definitely a lot less suspect than Nintendo's (aside from Altered Beast, maybe).

Also worth noting: Crash'n The Boys originally had multitap support, so you can play this one in four-player mode via Download Play. It's an athletics game from the same series of games as River City Ransom, Super Dodge Ball, etc.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
Assuming they stick to what they said in the Direct, chances are we are getting the Youtube app on Thursday too

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
EDIT: Never mind I fail at reading comprehension.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Surprise! Nintendo just released their "3DS Louvre Tour Guide" app on the PAL/JP eShop (maybe NA too, anyone wanna check for me?) It's an expanded version of the tour guide they've been distributing at the museum for a year or so and it seems to contain a ton of content Neat, I guess? It's €19.99 / £17.99, or you can buy a physical version at the museum gift shop if you happen to be France right now.

The Iwata Asks is here, and it comes with a video of Iwata and Miyamoto cruising around the museum like boring old dads:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHo7XE6gsxc

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

DeadBonesBrook posted:

Assuming they stick to what they said in the Direct, chances are we are getting the Youtube app on Thursday too
Japan didn't get it today, so I'm fairly sure they've missed their release date (perhaps that's why they ran a mini Nintendo Direct with no warning and pushed out the Louvre app?)

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

maybe NA too, anyone wanna check for me?

There's a trailer for it on the NA eshop with a release date of December 2 at the end of it. It also is $20. Kind of pricey, I think? It would be a neat little thing to show my girlfriend, who majored in art history, but probably not $20 worth of neat.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of November 28):

quote:

WII U RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Super Mario 3D World - €59.99 / £49.99
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Uncharted Waters: New Horizons (SNES, US ver.) - €7.99 / £5.49
WIIWARE
    Deer Drive Legends - 500 Points / €4.99 / £4.49
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Wii Fit U Trial Version (Wii U) - free for 31 days, available until January 31 (Balance Board required.)
    Toki Tori (Wii U eShop) - €1.99 / £1.79 until December 6
    EDGE (Wii U eShop) - €1.99 / £1.79 until February 1

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    One Piece Romance Dawn - €34.99 / £28.49
    Doodle Jump Adventures - €24.99 / £19.99
    Power Rangers Megaforce - €34.99 / £28.49
    My Baby Pet Hotel 3D - €29.99 / £24.99
3DS eSHOP
    3D Space Harrier - €4.99 / £4.49
    3D Super Hang-On - €4.99 / £4.49
    3D Louvre Tour Guide - €19.99 / £17.99
    Angry Bunnies - €4.99 / £4.49
    World Conqueror 3D - €4.99 / £4.49
    Mystery Murders: The Sleeping Palace - €4.99 / £4.49
3DS VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Crash'n The Boys Street Challenge (NES) - €3.99 / £3.59
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Arcade Classics 3D (3DS eShop)- €2.99 / £2.50 until November 29
    3D Game Collection (3DS eShop) - €5.99 / £5.99 until December 8
    Funfair Party Games (3DS eShop) - €9.99 / £8.99 until December 8
    Murder on the Titanic (3DS eShop) - €6.99 / £7.49 until December 8
    Gardenscapes (3DS eShop) - €6.99 / £7.49 until December 8
    3D Mahjongg (3DS eShop) - €2.49 / £2.19 until December 8
    Heavy Fire: Black Arms 3D (3DS eShop) - €3.99 / £3.59 until December 12
    Darts Up 3D (3DS eShop) - €1.49 / £1.34 until January 2

NA update (week of November 28):

quote:

WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Contra 3: The Alien Wars (SNES) - $7.99
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Toki Tori (Wii U eShop) - $1.99 until December 6
    EDGE (Wii U eShop) - $1.99 until February 1
    Mario Bros. (Wii U VC) - $3.49 until December 5
    Super Mario Bros. (Wii U VC) - $3.49 until December 5
    Super Mario Bros. 2 (Wii U VC) - $3.49 until December 5
    Super Mario World (Wii U VC) - $5.59 until December 5

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Young Justice Legacy) - $29.99
3DS eSHOP
    3D Space Harrier - $5.99
    3D Super Hang-On - $5.99
    Nintendo 3DS Guide: Louvre (December 2) - $19.99
    Race to the Line - $3.99
    My Exotic Farm - $24.99
3DS VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Ninja Gaiden 3: The Ancient Ship of Doom (NES) - $4.99
DSiWARE
    Heathcliff: Spot On - 500 Points / $4.99
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Shin Megami Tensei 4 (3DS) - $29.99, all DLC under $2 until December 2
    Super Mario Bros. (3DS VC) - $3.49 until December 5
    Super Mario Bros. 2 (3DS VC) - $3.49 until December 5
    Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins (3DS VC) - $2.79 until December 5
    Mario & Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move (3DS eShop) - $6.99 until December 5
CLUB NINTENDO DIGITAL REWARDS
    Art Style: Cubello (WiiWare) - 150 Coins, available until December 8
    Dillon's Rolling Western (3DS eShop) - 150 Coins, available until December 8
    Metroid (3DS VC) - 150 Coins, available until December 8
    The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (Wii VC) - 200 Coins, available until December 8

(there are also some Pokemon eps available on the NA eShop; the press release doesn't specify which one, maybe it's both.)

Sega's started publishing interviews with the developers of their 3D remakes, starting with Space Harrier and Super Hang-On, so give 'em a read if you wanna find out just how much attention they've paid to the little details.

Also worth noting: Crash'n The Boys originally had multitap support, so you can play this one in four-player mode via Download Play. For those who don't know, it's an athletics game from the same series of games as River City Ransom, Super Dodge Ball, etc.

Mario Bros (sorry, Luigi Bros) is an unlockable in Mario 3D World, so now you have even less reason to buy the VC version.

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Nov 29, 2013

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Space Harrier looks purdy with the 3D effect and plays great (for Space Harrier). It also saves a replay of your terrible exploits and has lots of settings. M2 did a great job on it.

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Kacho of My own little gaming world
Super Hang-On? Now I can fullfill my dream and pretend to be cool like Cameraman Abe

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Surprised at Super Mario Land 1 not being discounted, then again it wasn't that great of a game. Man, I really want to get Contra 3...such a good game that I am horrible at.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

That is a very good price for Minis on the Move and you should all buy it immediately

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?

Help Im Alive posted:

That is a very good price for Minis on the Move and you should all buy it immediately

Sure, why not. What's the gimmick with that game anyway? Never played one, haven't seen enough gameplay footage to get exactly what's up.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Minis on the Move is not even like the other Mario vs DK games. It's more like Pipe Dreams. The game has 4 different modes, each with a ton of levels, as well as minigames you can unlock as well.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I'm seeing Minis On The Move for $6.99 from $9.99
That's disappointing.

The T
May 29, 2010

A sufficiently chaotic system is maximally fair.

Quest For Glory II posted:

Minis on the Move is not even like the other Mario vs DK games. It's more like Pipe Dreams. The game has 4 different modes, each with a ton of levels, as well as minigames you can unlock as well.

Was there a typo? For me it's showing as $6.99, and that's even showing as what the discounted price is on the banner ad...

e:f;b

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
I didn't even look it up on the shop until reading up on it and deciding to get it. Don't think I will at $7 though.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Oops, yeah, it's $6.99. I missed the price when I was cut/pasting the template, my bad.

Some other minor info that I forgot to mention:

-Wii Karaoke U finally started getting Japanese songs this week; they've actually been getting 50 new songs a week since launch, but I never mention 'em because I figured no-one cared.

-The PAL version of the Louvre app (developed by indieszero, as it turns out!) comes in five different single-language versions (E-F-I-G-S) rather than one EFIGS file, so make sure to pick the right one before you purchase.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

-Wii Karaoke U finally started getting Japanese songs this week; they've actually been getting 50 new songs a week since launch, but I never mention 'em because I figured no-one cared.

There's some neat stuff in the most recent update for animu fans (Do You Remember Love!) but since I don't actually know any Japanese I never really understood the "Japanese songs when??" some people elsewhere had going on every week since launch when it came to the library updates.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The 3DS Youtube appilable is now available in all regions, have at it.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

The 3DS Youtube appilable is now available in all regions, have at it.

Does it suck?

I downloaded Mario Bros for the NES on the E-shop because why the hell not. Is that Gameboy game, SMB2 game any good?

notthegoatseguy fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Nov 30, 2013

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Yeah. It's like the youtube app on my phone except it's slower, uglier, and no videos are showing up for me right now.

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother
From what I've read there isn't 3D video support either. I think I'll pass and keep using my phone.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Shelf Adventure posted:

From what I've read there isn't 3D video support either. I think I'll pass and keep using my phone.

Literally the only reason to use a YouTube app on a 3ds and they didn't bother?

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother
I wouldn't say it was literally the only reason - it now means kids can watch pandas sneezing before they get their first phone without taking up Mum's or Dad's. Disappointing but eh, all you can really do is hope they'll patch it in later.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Literally the only reason to use a YouTube app on a 3ds and they didn't bother?

Could it be something added later or is it a compatibility issue?

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

They're what's for dinner

Spiffster posted:

Could it be something added later or is it a compatibility issue?

It's likely due to laziness, Netflix also doesn't support 3D video on the 3DS even though Netflix itself has 3D movies on it. It's likely a case of "we don't think it's important enough to bother"

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

notthegoatseguy posted:

Does it suck?

I downloaded Mario Bros for the NES on the E-shop because why the hell not. Is that Gameboy game, SMB2 game any good?
Do you mean Super Mario Land 2? It's pretty good, yeah. The Japanese Super Mario Bros 2 (Lost Levels) for NES is up there too though, which is basically like an expansion for SMB1 but where the game dicks you over in any way it possibly can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

Word is that M2 is going to be creating a second set of SEGA 3D Classics, which should make it West if they sell well enough in Japan. I'm pumped, went ahead and sent them an e-mail requesting OutRun 3D, though that'll probably happen anyways.