Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Harriet Jones is the red dalek

OK, fine, all of Moffat's hanging plotlines.

Barry Foster posted:

Actually, the more I look at it, the more it looks like something a gameshow presenter would wear.

Hopefully it works better in motion/with whatever eccentricities are included on the front.

Rainbow question marks and an ugly jumper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Fungah! posted:

Where did the whole "Harriet Jones is a Dalek" thing come from, anyway?

Tomtrek
Feb 5, 2006

I've had people walk out on me before, but not when I was being so charming.

DoctorWhat posted:

Where did the whole "Harriet Jones is a Dalek" thing come from, anyway?

Before The Stolen Earth/Journey's End aired there was post on another forum that claimed to have a 100% totally accurate leaked plot synopses for those episodes, which included a flashbacks which showed Harriet Jones hiding out on the Valiant during the events of Last of the Time Lords and then getting turned into the red dalek. It also said we'd see the Eighth Doctor and Grace Holloway seal up the Medusa Cascade.

It was wrong.

I went through the archives and found it here:
http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=791895

and the post where people start to talk about it (archives needed, obviously):
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2546294&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=49#post343381472

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
Martha Jones is actually a Rutan, though.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Fungah! posted:

That's referring to

quote:

Just read the big spoiler and drat, that sounds like utter poo poo. Hopefully that was just some nerd taking a wild stab in the dark based on stuff the BBC released.

:confused:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

MrL_JaKiri posted:

That's referring to

:confused:

Oh, sorry, totally misunderstood that. Been running around cooking all day and I was a little distracted. Totally missed the reference.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Just going off his brief appearance in DotD, you can see a brown collar next to his STARE OF DEATH, maybe we'll see a combination of outfits from previous Doctors? Ten's coat, Four's scarf, Seven's umbrella, Three/Eight's ruffles...and either Eleven's bowtie or fez.

gently caress, I just want it as a running gag that after Eleven, no Doctor can resist the allure of a fez.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

Barry Foster posted:

Martha Jones is actually a Rutan, though.

I keep seeing this floating around as a joke - what's the basis of it?

Twisted Perspective
Sep 15, 2005

I've come to see you...

BrooklynBruiser posted:

A joke spoiler from a thread title many moons ago.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

BrooklynBruiser posted:

You didn't pay enough attention I guess because that is not a joke? :confused:

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

Twisted Perspective posted:

Prior to that it was posted in a thread and the poster was probated for posting unspoilered spoilers.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

probably wrong thread

regulargonzalez fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Nov 29, 2013

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

Twisted Perspective posted:

Not nearly as good as the "a river starts its life as a pond" debacle.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
e: move this to the other thread.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
Has everyone forgotten about poor Donna!?

pgroce
Oct 24, 2002

BrooklynBruiser posted:

It's the standard generic "spoiler" example, drawn from the potentially most ridiculous possible spoiler.

The fact that the Sontarans (traditional enemies of the Rutans) used a Martha clone in an episode catapulted the joke from the ridiculous to the sublime.

Enjoy your serious reply in the Something Awful Doctor Who thread.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
I like how someone in the Series 4 thread effectively called the plot of Day of the Doctor five years early. :allears:

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

TinTower posted:

I like how someone in the Series 4 thread effectively called the plot of Day of the Doctor five years early. :allears:

Can we get a quote on this?

Tomtrek
Feb 5, 2006

New promo image from Time of The Doctor:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Is that a new outfit for 11? Everything but the overcoat looks different.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Is that a new outfit for 11? Everything but the overcoat looks different.

Its his Victorian outfit from the 2012 Christmas special.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Tomtrek posted:

Okay all the aliens in this picture confirm that the one guy didn't just make all that stuff up. Hopefully it looks better on screen than it sounds written out.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Are we really doing enemy alliances again? I'm going to assume they're all an imaginary invasion, like The God Complex or something. The planet of Trenzalore is also Christmas town, and..? I don't even. It was remarked in Name of the Doctor that Trenzalore was a very small battle, but the Doctor was old and didn't make it. An alliance of Daleks, Cybermen, and Angels (can they even communicate to make an alliance?) doesn't scream 'small battle'.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

el burbo posted:

Okay all the aliens in this picture confirm that the one guy didn't just make all that stuff up. Hopefully it looks better on screen than it sounds written out.

Alternately, the one guy could have seen the picture early on and made up a story to match.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

The_Doctor posted:

It was remarked in Name of the Doctor that Trenzalore was a very small battle, but the Doctor was old and didn't make it.

It's said that it's a minor skirmish by his blood soaked standards, and "not the Time War". Which in the grand scheme of things could make it one of the greatest battles in the history of existence.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Tomtrek posted:

First impression: For a second, I thought that was one of the 80's style Cybermen behind Matt Smith.

Second impression: the Silent in the background is doing the Donald Sutherland pod person scream from the end of Invasion of the Body Snatchers.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

The_Doctor posted:

It was remarked in Name of the Doctor that Trenzalore was a very small battle, but the Doctor was old and didn't make it.

Didn't Eleven say at the end of Day of the Doctor that millions died at Trenzalore?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

howe_sam posted:

Didn't Eleven say at the end of Day of the Doctor that millions died at Trenzalore?

Moffat does seem to be inconsistent about it. I kind of like the idea that the Doctor finally dies in a tiny battle on a tiny world, which Trenzalore was intimated to be, and now it's getting bigger and more epic and suitably 'end of an era'.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
It was an entire dead planet covered in graveyards from what we saw, that is by no estimation 'small'. Give them that much.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
The christmas specials are always bad, sometimes even offensively so. Spoiler : It's going to suck.

Not that anyone should care. It's just something to have on in the background while you demolish a turkey.

notsowelp
Oct 12, 2012

Though she is small, she is fierce.

Jose Mengelez posted:

Not that anyone should care. It's just something to have on in the background while you demolish a turkey.

..Except for the part where it's a regeneration episode, and the end of one doctor's arc/beginning of another?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

notsowelp posted:

..Except for the part where it's a regeneration episode, and the end of one doctor's arc/beginning of another?

Although the last time we had one of those it wasn't that great either. :v:

spikenigma
Nov 13, 2005

by Ralp
Capaldi's tenure as the Doctor ends with his memories stored in a pocket watch as he decides to live on Earth for a while.

He takes the first name John as he did in Human Nature I and II. He then takes the surname Frobisher in honour of his companion during his 6-7 incarnations.

John Frobisher then gets a government job, falls in love and starts a family...

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Antagonist: A bad man who drops things from the windows.

howe_sam posted:

Time Lord battles, death tolls are bigger on the inside.

Tomtrek
Feb 5, 2006

More new pictures:

http://blogtorwho.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/the-time-of-doctor-promo-pics-gallery.html

Wooden Cyberman looks pretty cool?

DirtyRobot
Dec 15, 2003

it was a normally happy sunny day... but Dirty Robot was dirty
SPACE GANDALF

edit:

Tomtrek posted:

I expect one of the metal ones to take off their helmet to reveal Robert Downey Jr.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I love how they've basically given up on the new Dalek paradigm models and are sticking to the cool bronze ones.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm gonna cry like a goddamned baby when Matt leaves.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

The_Doctor posted:

I love how they've basically given up on the new Dalek paradigm models and are sticking to the cool bronze ones.

The models were not that good, but I would like to see the colors come back. The one thing the new paradigm models reminded me of were poison frogs with their bright colors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

Tomtrek posted:

It looks like it's made out of modelling clay. Which it probably is.

I think the idea is cool, it's just been executed very lazily. It follows the design too closely, when it would be better approximated with the shapes wood can actually be made of if it's supposed to be a crudely fashioned Cyberman.

• Locked thread