Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Preoptopus posted:

Despite what I posted above, I still think this particular example of a Diablo is my favorite Lamborghini bar none.
Very partial to the GT cars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

veedubfreak posted:

What do a 1000hp supra and a 700hp supra have in common.

Nick Hogan.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Falken posted:

Very partial to the GT cars.

Can you buy the gt parts for a normal one like you can the f40? It's fairly attainable and I'd love to make a berserk one.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

InitialDave posted:

So you're saying that it's easy to see who's been to the track and who hasn't?

The "track"... yes.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

Dome S101

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Here is some AI poo poo. Emphasis on poo poo.

Video here. It's as sad as you imagine.

DoLittle
Jul 26, 2006
It should be mandatory for every Miura owner to install a fire extinguishing system before driving the car anywhere. Too many of them have burned already.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

He's fixing it so who cares.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Clearly his mistake was not driving away from the fire.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

VikingSkull posted:

Yes, Jewel.
She rides BMW bikes. She's legit.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Cross posting from the AI Offroading thread. Snow Wheeling shots I took from Sunday. This is from the Grande Prairie area of Northern Alberta. We are tied for the top ten coldest places on earth right now but for some reason we aren't showing up on Weather Extreme.
http://www.wx-now.com/Weather/WxExtremes.aspx

However tonight we will be down to -32 which will put us in a podium spot.

tobu
Aug 20, 2004

Bunny-Bee makes me happy!
I think this is much better than those loving cats:

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

tobu posted:

Should have been a tach.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

jonathan posted:

Cross posting from the AI Offroading thread. Snow Wheeling shots I took from Sunday. This is from the Grande Prairie area of Northern Alberta. We are tied for the top ten coldest places on earth right now but for some reason we aren't showing up on Weather Extreme.

I had a similar week in grande prairie.

Your offroading spot looks more solid than our lease road.

edit: and it's supposed to be -35*C tomorrow night in red deer, and that's -35*c strait up, no wind chill.

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010

Cakefool posted:

Clearly his mistake was not driving away from the fire.

Miura's catch on fire due to a design issue with carbs. I had a Ferrari mechanic tell me that the best way stop a Miura fire in the early stages is to accelerate as hard as you can, as that will draw away the fuel from the heat source and chocke the fire. So according to the Ferrari tech who, yeah, the guy should have drove away from the fire. I have however never been able to confirm that story, so the mechanic might be full of poo poo for all I know. Although I want to believe.

Anyway, content:

fish and chips and dip fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Dec 6, 2013

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Farmland Park posted:

Miura's catch on fire due to a design issue with carbs. I had a Ferrari mechanic tell me that the best way stop a Miura fire in the early stages is to accelerate as hard as you can, as that will draw away the fuel from the heat source and chocke the fire. So according to the Ferrari tech who, yeah, the guy should have drove away from the fire. I have however never been able to confirm that story, so the mechanic might be full of poo poo for all I know. Although I want to believe.

Anyway, content:

I don't know about the driving away part but you're right about why they catch fire. The carbs are very...italian in their tuning and long periods of idling tends to make petrol start pooling everywhere and eventually something bursts into flames.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

Slavvy posted:

I don't know about the driving away part but you're right about why they catch fire. The carbs are very...italian in their tuning and long periods of idling tends to make petrol start pooling everywhere and eventually something bursts into flames.

Kind of reminds me of the Delta Integrale ABS that makes sure you don't lift off the throttle when you lift off the throttle.

http://www.walkers-garage.co.uk/lancia-delta-integrale2.htm

quote:

When the risk of yawing is minimal (on a surface with uniform grip) or when the yaw can be effectively controlled (fast cornering), the ABS management system is programmed to re-introduce maximum brake efficiency. In practice, the control box abandons its braking program when the longitudinal acceleration sensor detects a minimum of yawing, or when the transversal acceleration sensor detects that the car is cornering fast - a condition in which the driver has a firm grip on the steering wheel and is ready to correct the trajectory. Finally, to prevent the situation whereby excessive engine braking on the rear wheels reduces stability (as the accelerator is released and the brake pedal is depressed) the ABS signals the injection/ignition management system to speed up the idle.

:italy:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Slavvy posted:

Has anyone ever retro fitted them with ITBs? I know the purists would scoff, but if you drove it a lot it might be a good idea.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

leica posted:

Has anyone ever retro fitted them with ITBs? I know the purists would scoff, but if you drove it a lot it might be a good idea.

Hilarious!

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Zlatan Imhobitch posted:

He's fixing it so who cares.

Really? Doesn't look like there's much car left on the end of that video. I'd love to see a rebuild thread about that though...

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

tobu posted:

Brilliant!

jonathan posted:

I would imagine I'd want to be wearing gloves if it's that cold, but I've never been that cold. I got myself bundled up pretty well walking my dog when it's -5C!

From a 1985 Car & Driver. There are a lot of results from Forza Motorsport 4 if you type in GSL-SE.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Zlatan Imhobitch posted:

Can you buy the gt parts for a normal one like you can the f40? It's fairly attainable and I'd love to make a berserk one.
I'm probably not the guy to ask.

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010

leica posted:

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

beedeebee posted:

Really? Doesn't look like there's much car left on the end of that video. I'd love to see a rebuild thread about that though...

It's the tax the rich man and he posted a brand new rear clam on Facebook the other day. Maybe you're allowed a whole new chassis if you have a vin and that?

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Zlatan Imhobitch posted:

It's the tax the rich man and he posted a brand new rear clam on Facebook the other day. Maybe you're allowed a whole new chassis if you have a vin and that?
Pretty much, as long as you're using new or new-old-stock parts, it shouldn't be a problem.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

CharlesM posted:

Brilliant!

I would imagine I'd want to be wearing gloves if it's that cold, but I've never been that cold. I got myself bundled up pretty well walking my dog when it's -5C!

Yes. Those pictures were taken as the temp was dropping. -10c or so. Its now -33 actual (-45 with wind chill). We are tied for 3rd for coldest places on earth. I have a friend doing a clutch swap in my garage so I left my vehicle outside last night and forgot to plug it in. After starting it took a few seconds for the serpentine belt to start bending. It took about 10 minutes before the gear oil in the diff's weren't molasses. And that's the thinner 90 weight stuff.

Power steering and shocks never did loosen up.

On the plus side I mounted a red nose and those fuzzy reindeer antlers to it, because the jeep guys around here scoff at it.

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

VikingSkull posted:

If we're gonna post the most AIest car songs, I'm gonna blow some minds and throw out Jewel. Yes, Jewel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qO_OEW9b6to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmQ5wEebtKs

Reverend Horton Heat's Big Blue Ford comes up on eBay occasionally, but he always cancels the auction early because he can't bring himself to sell it.

But the alpha and omega of car songs is this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHrPV6mmVrg

That opening riff.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

jonathan posted:

On the plus side I mounted a red nose and those fuzzy reindeer antlers to it, because the jeep guys around here scoff at it.
:neckbeard: I am so irrationally unhappy to see those things and I hate myself for it. Too bad I can't seem to find them anywhere, I think a pizza delivery reindeer would be awesome.

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

jonathan posted:

This is only okay if you call it "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Wrangler."

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

N is for Nipples posted:

This is only okay if you call it "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Wrangler."

On Daimler, on Chrysler, on... Fiat?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

This may belong in the other thread but I think it's magnificent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWLckOVh4kM

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Some dude on my Facebook is selling this thing for 2k. Someone buy it.
6.9 DIESEL.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I REALLY want that, but considering it's not under 2 feet of snow suggests it's not within 3000 miles of me.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Slavvy posted:

Hilarious!

It's hilarious to want to drive a car without dying in a fire?

That's what I'm talking about. Nice.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

jonathan posted:

Yes. Those pictures were taken as the temp was dropping. -10c or so. Its now -33 actual (-45 with wind chill). We are tied for 3rd for coldest places on earth. I have a friend doing a clutch swap in my garage so I left my vehicle outside last night and forgot to plug it in. After starting it took a few seconds for the serpentine belt to start bending. It took about 10 minutes before the gear oil in the diff's weren't molasses. And that's the thinner 90 weight stuff.

Power steering and shocks never did loosen up.

You're made of sterner stuff than I, my friend.

Appropriately, here's a picture of an RX-8 hydrogen cold weather testing (from 2007 -- don't get your hopes up).

Here's the article I stole it from. http://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-news/mazda-hydrogen-vehiclecold-winter-testing-ar27721.html

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Preoptopus posted:

Some dude on my Facebook is selling this thing for 2k. Someone buy it.
6.9 DIESEL.

You could build a bitchin' little cabin that bolts onto that, camper for holidays, flatbed for work.

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:

Cakefool posted:

You could build a bitchin' little cabin that bolts onto that, camper for holidays, flatbed for work.

And by build you mean just take the axel off one that's already built. At least that's what everyone does here in VA/NC. I like to see them on flat bed trailers carrying dirt bikes and four wheelers. It would be awesome to have a little base to cool off in.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Cakefool posted:

I know a guy who does pretty much that with his VW Transporter flatbed. For everyday use the bed is full of tools, but when going on vacation, he loads up a custom-built sleeping cabin on there with a forklift. Seems to work pretty well, too.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

KozmoNaut posted:

I know a guy who does pretty much that with his VW Transporter flatbed. For everyday use the bed is full of tools, but when going on vacation, he loads up a custom-built sleeping cabin on there with a forklift. Seems to work pretty well, too.

That's my plan with my 6x6 also. Flatdeck on there for normal wheeling and vehicle recovery, tent trailer with the suspension/axle removed and bolted down when on camping trips. The good thing about the tent trailer is it collapses so that center of gravity is low, and it won't be torn apart by trees and things when on the move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TRANS AM 20000
Apr 17, 2010

Time to punch it!

From the BMW tumblr.