Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Miles Vorkosigan
Mar 21, 2007

The stuff that dreams are made of.
This article is absolutely amazing

Grisly Remains Of 15 Hobbits Discovered In Peter Jackson’s Attic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CirtexHosting
Jan 2, 2007
http://www.theonion.com/articles/red-lobster-welcomes-back-defrosted-shrimp-days,34736/

Castomira
Feb 24, 2011

Fuck you Eva Marie, if you have to be right there next to all of my posts you don't even get to have red hair. You're a dryad now.
:froggonk:
Slow-Witted Conspiracy Theorist Convinced Government Behind NASA

You can actually visit the domain mentioned in the article, and it adds to the hilarity.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Holy poo poo, it's a modified X-Files fansite, complete with dead links and missing pictures.

dead in real life
Jun 17, 2012
Every Parent’s Worst Nightmare Is Losing A Child To Gorchul, The Dark Sorcerer Of Time

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
If you haven't bought the Onion Bbook of Known Knowledge, you need to. In particular, every entry in the section between V and W for the fictional letter is hilarious. It looks like the left half of a U and the right half of a V.

My favorite: (I replaced the fictional letter with a U)

quote:

Ueffenating, popular youth fad from the 1970s wherein partygoing teenagers would spill scalding hot coffee on their genitals. The fad led to cultural artifacts such as the magazine Ueffenating Monthly and the popular chart-topping radio single "Ueffenatin' (Feel the Burn)" by KC and the Sunshine band.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

William Bear posted:

If you haven't bought the Onion Bbook of Known Knowledge, you need to. In particular, every entry in the section between V and W for the fictional letter is hilarious. It looks like the left half of a U and the right half of a V.

http://books.google.com/books?id=lCpzgOD0A6oC&lpg=PA209&ots=tsaxC85_Zd&dq=Ueffenating&pg=PA209#v=onepage&q&f=false

I think I do need to get this book. I like Ugonicus, the Greek god of miscellany.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

William Bear posted:

My favorite was the entry for "Frankenstein"

Frankenstein: You probably mean Frankenstein's Monster
Frankenstein's Monster: There you go, dipshit.

clockworx
Oct 15, 2005
The Internet Whore made me buy this account
Alarming New Adult Trend ‘Plateauing In Your Career And Relationship’ Sweeps Nation

:smith:

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.
Pillbug
The Onion’s 2013 Holiday Gift Guide

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Teen Avoids Prison Because He's Wealthy

quote:

A psychologist called as an expert defense witness said the boy suffered from "affluenza"

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
Hip Hop Man Enjoys Making Musical Rapping Sounds

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Oh. That's real :smith:

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

I read that entire article, laughed, closed the tab, then realized that it didn't have an Onion header at the top. :negative:

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
Holy poo poo, I didn't click the link because I was heading out, then saw it pop up for real on my news page. You have got to be kidding me that the kid got away with it because of being wealthy.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Ringo Star Get posted:

Holy poo poo, I didn't click the link because I was heading out, then saw it pop up for real on my news page. You have got to be kidding me that the kid got away with it because of being wealthy.

The judges reasoning was that since his parents never taught him responsibility, we can't start now.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Internet Tribunal Sentences Teen
Actual trial also happened; witnesses allege existence of "more information about case"

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The Onion Future news from 2137 is still my favorite Onion 'thing'.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKC21wDarBo

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

I think my favorite is still "Romney's Terrifying Google Search History Leaked" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLMww8V4IUU)

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

ultrafilter posted:

I think my favorite is still "Romney's Terrifying Google Search History Leaked" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLMww8V4IUU)

It's obvious how much I love this video.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Thousands Of Americans To Notice First Signs Of Dementia While Visiting Parents Over Holiday

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Somebody probably had a lot of fun in the Holiday Gift Guide making up fake Clint Eastwood movie titles.

quote:

Other titles in set include: The Ranch Hand, The Rider With No Name, Quick-Draw Johnny, Deadman Flats, Prickly Creek, Spurs And Saddle, The Horse Rider, Western Riders, Go West Young Rider, Shoot ’Er Here, Shoot ’Er There, The Horse Shooter, The Dust Shooter, The Cowboy Shooter, Tumbleweed, The Six-Gun Man, The Six-Gun Man Rides Again, The Six-Gun Man Returns: Day Of Reckoning, The Man From El Paso, The Man From Dodge, The Man From Sioux City, The Man From Tombstone, The Man From El Dorado, Wanted Gun Man, Texarkana!, Ghost Town 2, Pistolslinger, The Solo Ranger, Hell Canyon In-Laws, Saddle Pals, Dakota Rifle, Barn, Gun The Woman Down, Wild Wet West, The Secret Of Rifle Ridge, The Guns Of Fort Gunnington, Mr. Sheriff, Gun For Loan, Once Upon A Gun, Outlaw's Second Cousin, Cowbert, Dial ‘W’ For Western, Butch Cassidy Meets The Wolf Man, The Lonesome Inn Keep, Horse-Riding Stranger, Really Bad Day At Black Rock, Ambush At Hell's Crossroads, The Hootenanny Massacre, The Big Cowboy, Blood Canyon, Pistol-Using Gentlemen, A Minute To Pray, A Second To Die For Mankind’s Sins, Return Of The Stranger, Are You There God? It’s Me, The Gunfighter, Shallow Grave, A Payment In Dust, Billy The Cripple Kid, Blood For A Sand Dollar, Beautiful Gunset, Ride Into The Wind, Skedaddle!, The Gentle Cattleman, The Gentle Cattleman Fights Back, The Gentle Cattleman’s Son, Howdy, Gunfire At Christmas Canyon, Christmas At Hell's Ridge, Birthday Cowboy, Dead Horse Oxbow Desperado Gulch Canyon, There’s A New Cheryl In Town, Aw Shucks, and Horsey!

mystes
May 31, 2006

I like when the Onion simultaneously describes reality perfectly and messes with the heads of its readers.

mystes has a new favorite as of 00:43 on Dec 14, 2013

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Mescal posted:

Internet Tribunal Sentences Teen
Actual trial also happened; witnesses allege existence of "more information about case"

Boring piece of poo poo has no opinions about anything
Claims he's 'waiting for more information' out of fear his internet judgement would be unfair to killer of four.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

R. Mute posted:

Boring piece of poo poo has no opinions about anything
Claims he's 'waiting for more information' out of fear his internet judgement would be unfair to killer of four.

Actually, finding out more about the case just makes the douchebag kid look worse. Like how he got drunk, him and his friends stole the beer from a convenience store.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

muscles like this? posted:

Somebody probably had a lot of fun in the Holiday Gift Guide making up fake Clint Eastwood movie titles.

"Wild Wet West" :getin:

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!

muscles like this? posted:

These had me in tears laughing. They just get progressively funnier.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I think my favorite is "Beautiful Gunset." Although the escalating sequel ones are funny too.

Inspector Zenigata
Jul 19, 2010

---

Inspector Zenigata has a new favorite as of 22:59 on Apr 2, 2014

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Inspector Zenigata posted:

Christ, I should call my mom. I don't talk to her enough. A bizarre form of super early onset Alzheimer's runs in her family, and she's getting really close to the age her mother was when she started going downhill fast.

My dad is starting to get forgetful and he's only like 60, it freaks me out :cry:

Hopefully it's just cause he has a lot of poo poo at work or whatever.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

ultrafilter posted:

This really does have to be one of the best things they've ever done. I especially like "the screaming, the screaming" and "opposite of doctor."

On a lighter note, picture + headline only: Mall Santa Crying Hysterically In Photo With Toddler

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Scientists Believe Hockey Players May Communicate By Banging Sticks Against Boards

Once again, last line is the best.

clockworx
Oct 15, 2005
The Internet Whore made me buy this account

Zugzwang posted:

This really does have to be one of the best things they've ever done. I especially like "the screaming, the screaming" and "opposite of doctor."

"Tensile strength of dog skin"
:gonk:

The Commonwealth
Jun 6, 2008

I could have been someone. Well, so could anyone.

This article could have ruined my christmas, so I am going to post my favorite article as an attempt to inject some levity. dry humping an adequate sex alternative for teens reports the dept of the interior

The Commonwealth has a new favorite as of 22:36 on Dec 14, 2013

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.
:nws: Top 10 Prevented Nip Slips :nws:

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug
Alan Alda and a great ending picture. That was pretty good.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

calandryll posted:

Alan Alda and a great ending picture. That was pretty good.

Keep scrolling. Alda is not the end.

Ezzer
Aug 5, 2011

NESguerilla posted:

Keep scrolling. Alda is not the end.

I think you skipped over a word, there.

The word being "and".

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.
Pillbug
Some of the 'picture + headline' posts are great:

Universal Remote Latest Step In Area Man's Plan For Total Living Room Domination
World's Most Advanced Yo-Yo Doesn't Need You
Subwoofer Worth The Horrible Credit Rating
Cigarette Tax Hike To Pay For Iraq War
Casual Friday Claims Lives Of 13 Nuclear-Waste-Disposal Technicians
Inner-City Prodigy Earns GED At Age 11

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Onion year in review.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8PYWZTpljk