Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Tezzor posted:

Are there any stories about Linda being crazy?

Her entire two Senate campaigns?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Tezzor posted:

Are there any stories about Linda or Shane McMahon being crazy?

She married Vince and gave birth to Steph.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

bobkatt013 posted:

Her entire two Senate campaigns?

That's rich person hubris, not Vince cursing himself for sneezing crazy.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

This sort of chat should really go in the carnies thread, I think. And her senate campaigns are fair game.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

TL posted:

Triple H was supposed to beat Undertaker at WrestleMania that year but did the job as punishment.

Really? I'd never heard that before.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

In the crazy world of the McMahons lindas always seemed the normal, grounded one. Although apparently she was late/didn't pay what was promised to people who helped her campaigns.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Red posted:

Really? I'd never heard that before.

It's pretty plausible. Triple H was still really over, and the streak was more a piece of trivia than anything important at that point.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Just another reason why HBK is a contender for the greatest of all time.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

CopywrightMMXI posted:

It's pretty plausible. Triple H was still really over, and the streak was more a piece of trivia than anything important at that point.

It's just hard for me to accept the words "Triple H" and "took his punishment" in the same sentence.

Monkeycheese
Feb 24, 2002

ninja minúsculo

Red posted:

It's just hard for me to accept the words "Triple H" and "took his punishment" in the same sentence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPROFfxFJL4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6v-SG8Icslw

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

The Curtain Call was after the WM 12 squash though.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

HHH's curtain call punishment was not winning KOTR 96

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Tezzor posted:

Are there any stories about Linda or Shane McMahon being crazy?

Shane doing incredible stupid bumps.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The Croc posted:

In the crazy world of the McMahons lindas always seemed the normal, grounded one. Although apparently she was late/didn't pay what was promised to people who helped her campaigns.

That's not unusual for politicians, sadly. Mitt Romney canceled the credit cards issued to his campaign staff before election night was even over, leaving a lot of them stranded without cash to get home after sitting through the depressing experience of realizing their guy hadn't won.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Speaking of HBK and drugs, when did WWF stop drug testing in the 90s? I remember they had strict testing after the steroid scandal that led to Warrior and British Bulldog leaving, and they started up again with the Wellness Program after Benoit.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Thanks for the responses guys, definitely confirmed the reprehensible individual I kept hearing about.

budreck
Aug 2, 2005

by XyloJW
Linda's response after being asked about Lance Cade's death.

"I may have met him once"

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Besides Sting, who would be the most notable US or Canadian wrestler of the last 30 years who has never worked for the WWE?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Blueblood Hunter Hearst Helmsley =/= Triple H

budreck
Aug 2, 2005

by XyloJW

Thauros posted:

Besides Sting, who would be the most notable US or Canadian wrestler of the last 30 years who has never worked for the WWE?

Any gaijins who were big in Japan.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

budreck posted:

Any gaijins who were big in Japan.

The big names I can think of (Hansen, Funks, Vader, Brody, Dr. Death, Gordy) were in WWF at least briefly though.

budreck
Aug 2, 2005

by XyloJW

Thauros posted:

The big names I can think of (Hansen, Funks, Vader, Brody, Dr. Death, Gordy) were in WWF at least briefly though.

When was Hansen in the WWF?

I know he fought Hogan on the co-promoted tour in 1990 but was never officially part of the promotion.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

budreck posted:

Didn't online wrestling journalists immediately produce footage of at least two different times they were on camera together?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

budreck posted:

I know he fought Hogan on the co-promoted tour in 1990 but was never officially part of the promotion.

Hansen had a huge feud with Bruno in the 70s.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

budreck posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hv3V1dFTsPs

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
A lot of guys you might be thinking of have technically wrestled one or two matches for the WWF/E. Nick Bockwinkel and Jushin Liger, for instance, both appeared in a battle royal once, and even Verne Gagne has made special apperances. Stan Hansen and Bruiser Brody wrestled for the WWWF.

Magnum TA is one example. An easy answer is "lots of Japanese guys," particularly Mutoh and almost every prominent joshi.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Abyss!

e: Looked up Jerry Flynn and he had a handful of matches in 1995. We must synctube them all.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
If you don't count the WWE Hall of Fame the best answer is probably Abdullah.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

MassRafTer posted:

First one that came to my mind, but I was looking around to be sure.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Halloween Jack posted:

Magnum TA is one example. An easy answer is "lots of Japanese guys," particularly Mutoh and almost every prominent joshi.
Magnum TA's a good one. I specifically said "US or Canadian" to exclude all the famous Japanese and Mexican wrestlers who never worked for Vince or his dad.

MassRafTer posted:

drat, I forgot about him, but yeah that's a good answer. Kinda suprised he never did a brief stint in the '80s.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Edit /= Reply

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

MassRafTer posted:

Did Brody ever work for WWF?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

budreck posted:

Didn't she also complain about Trevor Murdoch talking about Cade's death and claim that the two had nothing to do with each other when they were former tag team champions and had had a feud over Trevor's singing gimmick? :dawkins101:

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

VogeGandire posted:

Did Brody ever work for WWF?

Yep, in the '70s. He even got a couple title shots against Bruno in Philly and Pittsburgh.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Dec 31, 2013

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Halloween Jack posted:

A lot of guys you might be thinking of have technically wrestled one or two matches for the WWF/E. Nick Bockwinkel and Jushin Liger, for instance, both appeared in a battle royal once

Which battle royal was that? Unless you mean the singles match he had at the Wrestling Summit, which was basically an All Japan show with WWF involvement & an outsider or two.

Speaking of which, who the hell thought this was a good idea?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QynhlXsm1ug

dsriggs fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Dec 31, 2013

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

OK so basically the two Linda senate campaigns are portals into three aspects of the McMahons:

Their victim complex.
Hence Stand Up For WWE.

Their disgusting disregard for workers' rights.
Lance Cade mainly only being remarkable among wrestler deaths for being the one that happened during one of the campaigns, followed by the campaign being unable to craft any response to it, really.

Their sense of entitlement.
The "t-shirts at polling stations" mini-fiasco, using the WWE as a wing of the campaign, and doing a totally childish campaign-related segment on WWE TV.

This is really only the water's edge of how terrible WWE is, though.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

So they are basically the same as 99% of the people of equal socioeconomic status.

Castomira
Feb 24, 2011

Fuck you Eva Marie, if you have to be right there next to all of my posts you don't even get to have red hair. You're a dryad now.
:froggonk:
I've been watching some 1997 PPVs lately, and I have to ask, is there some reason WWE seems to have completely forgotten Ken Shamrock ever existed? They never promote any of his matches on their YouTube channel, never bring him up on commentary or anything, and despite being in ostensibly pretty great shape (by wrestler standards,) he's never showed up on a nostalgia show or as a surprise Rumble entrant or anything. Did he burn his bridge with WWE or quietly go crazy or something?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Castomira posted:

I've been watching some 1997 PPVs lately, and I have to ask, is there some reason WWE seems to have completely forgotten Ken Shamrock ever existed? They never promote any of his matches on their YouTube channel, never bring him up on commentary or anything, and despite being in ostensibly pretty great shape (by wrestler standards,) he's never showed up on a nostalgia show or as a surprise Rumble entrant or anything. Did he burn his bridge with WWE or quietly go crazy or something?

Ken Shamrock went very crazy and has some drug test failures so he's not the kind of guy they want to bring in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Castomira posted:

He just dropped out of wrestling, and IIRC doesn't like WWE using his likeness without specifically asking him, which is why he was in WWE13.

Which is a shame, because I loving loved Shamrock. And his screaming.