Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zagposting
Nov 18, 2012

Don't put points into luck, they said.

It's a useless stat, they said.

Whoa. Wife Turds posted:

If you must spend plat on a frame right now I suggest going with Volt. It's only 75 plat and includes a potato and additional frame slot (which is ~40 you'd likely be spending down the line regardless). Then farm Jackal on Fossa in Venus for Rhino parts and buy the blueprint once you have helm, chassis and systems. Once you build the parts you can let the recipe cook for 3 days while leveling your Volt. By that point you'll be able to link up with others and get taxied to whatever mission drops parts for the next frame you want. Once you get taxied once it will be open and you'll likely find pubbie groups farming them. Check the wiki for drop locations and spend that plat on potatoes and slots (and colors and bandanas if you want).

That sounds like a decent plan. How does taxiing work in regards to my frame level? I still don't have a good sense of progression in the game. How does it work if I only have access to level 5-10 areas for leveling and I get taxied to a level 20 area with the frame parts I need?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Riftling posted:

That sounds like a decent plan. How does taxiing work in regards to my frame level? I still don't have a good sense of progression in the game. How does it work if I only have access to level 5-10 areas for leveling and I get taxied to a level 20 area with the frame parts I need?

Levels on missions are the levels that enemies are in that mission, and has nothing to do with your frame or weapon levels whatsoever. Taxiing is just joining someone's group, then having them select a mission you don't have unlocked, and beating said mission, unlocking it for you. You can technically unlock pluto before you touch mercury if you get people willing to take you through.

Once you have more mods and experience playing the game, you'll be able to better gauge what missions you can take on with what level enemies, or if you'll get curbstomped.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Riftling posted:

Play with a full group and stay farther away from mobs, but within the 100m tether range for XP gain. You'll do just fine since most missions that have you on the move are led by 1-2 people on point with everyone else catching up and picking off straggler enemies (this is mostly due to the frequent gulfs in player level).

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

If you're considering buying a frame and wish you had taken Loki in the beginning look at buying him, he's only 75p and while he isn't the most powerful frame in the game for doing defense or survival missions he is probably the most well-designed and fun frame.

Whoa. Wife Turds
Jan 23, 2004

FELLOW GOONS: WHEN THIS POSTER OFFERS TO BRAID YOUR PUBES, SAY NO!!!

Riftling posted:

The game is really more about mod levels with frame level dictating how many you can have slotted. If goons have time they will likely help you out with some runs. Once you get Rhino leveled and put some points in Rhino Skin your survivability will skyrocket. Really, though, you should just get the Volt and play more until you get stronger. Excalibur can be an extremely underwhelming frame for a beginner (I know it was for me). Volt will provide both fun and utility while making good use of your plat while you make your way toward accumulating more frames.

Wheeee posted:

If you're considering buying a frame and wish you had taken Loki in the beginning look at buying him, he's only 75p and while he isn't the most powerful frame in the game for doing defense or survival missions he is probably the most well-designed and fun frame.

Loki is super fun but for a beginner I'd think Volt would be a more appropriately "fun" choice in a straightforward way. If you're positively swimming in plat you could get both since Loki has the same 75 plat starter frame discount. I wouldn't spend on any frames other than those two, though.

Whoa. Wife Turds fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Jan 7, 2014

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
At this point, :10bux: and goonclan access has the potential to set most new players up fairly quickly. Start with Mag, buy Volt + Loki, taxi to boss levels for future part runs, taxi to a few quick Void runs for a credit stash, acquire Serration + Hornet Strike spares from clan members, parse out remaining plat (70+) for "essential" mods as needed - Flow, Streamline, etc.

Coldbird
Jul 17, 2001

be spiritless

seiferguy posted:

The nova almost feels unfair with Molecular Prime. I just love watching stuff blow up. The Mag Prime is fantastic for doing Corpus survival / defense missions with shield polarize and crush.
There is nothing "almost" unfair about mprime. There's other ways to break or even exploit this game, but they at least require some minimal amount of coordination or aim. Mprime is just a straight up win button vs. entire rooms of max level heavies.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Coldbird posted:

There is nothing "almost" unfair about mprime. There's other ways to break or even exploit this game, but they at least require some minimal amount of coordination or aim. Mprime is just a straight up win button vs. entire rooms of max level heavies.
I love that on top of the chained explosions it also makes enemies take double damage and move and attack at half speed.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I've bought a few frames and don't really regret it. The Rhino is basically why I stuck with the game, the 4 day wait to build it legit would probably have made me quit. The Vauban, Volt, and Banshee are all pains in the rear end to get the parts for. The Banshee, especially, was worth some promo plat to save me having to do Infested defenses for days. The Volt's just a a good deal, ends up being like 35 plat for the frame after the slot and the reactor, plus it's crazy fun.

M. Prime is a goddamned horrorshow and makes you feel like a god of war every time it goes off. I'm still a big fan of the Nyx, though. Chaos/M Prime is a hell of a combo, too, so that's nice.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Jan 7, 2014

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Coldbird posted:

I honestly haven't touched my Nova since initially leveling her because where's the challenge? It just got boring playing her. Same with Rhino. Lately I find myself wanting to play the more fair frames like Banshee, Loki, Volt, Valkyr, or Nekros (god why did I forma this piece of poo poo, it didn't help at all). The game actually gets slightly challenging and even a little fun when you're not using overpowered weapons or abusing a kill everything button.

Warframe: Use bad guns and underpowered frames to make the game fun.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Jan 7, 2014

Azzanadra
Jun 18, 2008

The Light is the power of Dance

I wouldn't mind getting an invite to the PS4 clan as well, I'll need some help getting set up here for when my friend gets this game later, PSN: SAzzanadra

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Do warframe systems blueprints ever show up at for the end of mission rewards from boss runs? I did the corrupted boss that drops Nyx blueprints about 20 times and got about 12 helmet and 8 chassis blueprints, and I've heard people saying that the systems blueprints can appear on the ground that you have to pick up, so maybe I missed it or something?

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

I'm pretty sure Systems BPs are in the same drop table as the other parts, just rarer. It wouldn't make sense to have dfferent distribution methods for different frame sub-BPs. DE is asinine sometimes, but that's a bit much.

notmetalenough
Feb 26, 2010

zgrowler2 posted:

I'm pretty sure Systems BPs are in the same drop table as the other parts, just rarer. It wouldn't make sense to have dfferent distribution methods for different frame sub-BPs. DE is asinine sometimes, but that's a bit much.

Yeah, they are in the same drop table. If you're not getting systems BP drops you just have to keep running it.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

zgrowler2 posted:

Well, having players do the same boring boss mission 100 times (some people claim to have done more than 200 to get a systems BP) to get that one final crafting component is also pretty asinine! Makes me want to hold off on this game until it gets out of "Beta" so maybe there will be bit more content to offset the grinding. Right now the content/grind ratio seems pretty weighted since you're doing the same stuff in the same areas against the same enemies repeatedly, especially for new items.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

Mercury_Storm posted:

Well, having players do the same boring boss mission 100 times (some people claim to have done more than 200 to get a systems BP) to get that one final crafting component is also pretty asinine! Makes me want to hold off on this game until it gets out of "Beta" so maybe there will be bit more content to offset the grinding. Right now the content/grind ratio seems pretty weighted since you're doing the same stuff in the same areas against the same enemies repeatedly, especially for new items.

You will never, ever have to run a boss 100, let alone 200 times for a BP. The Systems are slightly rarer but we're talking like, a 25% drop rate instead of 33% or something. I don't think I've ever had to run a boss more than 6-7 times to get all the parts and most I got in ~4. You just got supremely unlucky on those Nyx drops.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

Mercury_Storm posted:

You should have been here before frame BP drops were guaranteed. Kill boss, get Detonite Ampule.

Warframe (PC/PS4) - Embrace the Suck :unsmigghh:

Kneejerk
Jul 28, 2010

Felt Presence,
Ghostly Humming
I killed Lech Kril a total of three times to get the different blueprints for Frost, but Kela De Thaym more than a dozen times to finally get the helmet. RNG will always be RNG, at least you don't have to wait another week before you can kill the boss again.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Wow, a single Viper is goddamn terrible. :stare:

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Excalibur really does need a buff of some kind, it's just not at all competitive with most other frames. Also lots of frames have just straight up better versions of its powers.

Coldbird posted:

It's definitely one of the better ones, but I think I'd argue Rifle Amp is the real best when polarities on the better frames are taken into account. The insane efficiency you can mod into ever since they added Corrupted mods also diminished the value of Energy Siphon.

With 4 Siphons totaling 2.4/sec regen and max energy efficiency, it takes 10.41 seconds to regenerate enough energy to use your ult. If you are a Rhino, you can Stomp on cooldown absolutely forever without ever needing to pick up an energy orb or even move. At all. Ever.

Fleeting Expertise/Streamline does not diminish Siphon's usefulness, it explodes it.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Crowbear posted:

You will never, ever have to run a boss 100, let alone 200 times for a BP. The Systems are slightly rarer but we're talking like, a 25% drop rate instead of 33% or something. I don't think I've ever had to run a boss more than 6-7 times to get all the parts and most I got in ~4. You just got supremely unlucky on those Nyx drops.
To get Nova I ran the boss enough to get 80 helmet and 110 chassis bps. Before guaranteed drops. It took me literal months because I'd just do a few runs here and there, not even daily.

Since the fix to rng and blueprints coming at the end, the most I've had to kill a boss to get a full set was maybe 12 times. I have every frame in the game, besides oberon, and it really doesn't take that long to get a blueprint set.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Just wait until you decide to build an Ember Prime!

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Arclyte posted:

Nova is always the correct answer to this.

Set your effect color to pink and max out Molecular Prime and Stretch. Your group will absolutely hate you; but you will turn every defense/survival mission into a joke.

Fake edit: And when you are standing at extraction with a Banshee who is spamming her shout you can drop your Worm Hole on her and send her away.
Alright, looks like I'm grinding Raptor then! What's the best place to grind for Stretch? Also are the other powers for Nova any good as well?

zgrowler2 posted:

You should have been here before frame BP drops were guaranteed. Kill boss, get Detonite Ampule.
I ended up grinding the Volt (back when he was on the Jupiter boss) and Rhino components way back when, and oh god the amount of times I had to run Jackal for my systems blueprint. That's probably what contributed heavily to my burn-out of this game (which is why despite having everything I'm only building Rhino now).

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

On the flip side it seems mag prime is not hard to get (or I'm an outlier). Run T1 and 2 tower survival and that is it.

I hope pull stays what it is for a bit so I can experience it first hand!

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Insert name here posted:

Alright, looks like I'm grinding Raptor then! What's the best place to grind for Stretch? Also are the other powers for Nova any good as well?

Worm Hole is utility. Molecular Prime is so good I haven't bothered even having slots for the rest.

You'll want to grind Phorid when he manifests for Stretch, I think. It's not rare, might want to just ask goons.

Barnacle Snatcher
Aug 19, 2006

All things began in order so shall they end, so shall they begin again according to the Ordainer of Order and the mystical mathematicks of the City of Heaven.
I ran Kela De Thaym 3 times, and got all the Saryn parts I need. I've gotten -TWO!- Ember Prime Systems Blueprints, and ran x3 as many T1/T2 Captures, and have yet to see a single Helmet BP. This game is wonky.

Also, I like finding a new bug every day. I don't think it's been mentioned, but there was one where you couldn't trade an unranked mod, had to be leveled atleast once, two days in a row it was happening, then magically fixed itself? The mods were not equipped, and we're talking multplie copes of it, as well. I would press Square in the trade screen and a message would pop up "Failed to make offer". Has anyone else experienced this?

:de:

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.
Am I correct in believing that there's no way to tell who's hosting a given session? Because that would be really handy considering that host migration in defense is generally automatic mission fail...

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

endlessmonotony posted:

You'll want to grind Phorid when he manifests for Stretch, I think. It's not rare, might want to just ask goons.
The game just hates giving me anything other than the same 4/5 common mods. It took me forever to get a +shield capacity mod for my frame and I'm still looking for +damage for rifles.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Insert name here posted:

What's the best place to grind for Stretch?
When an infestation invasion spawns, Phorid is great. Stug, in particular, makes VERY fast work of him with a solo player.

Beyond that, Raptor drops it, as does the midrange Grineer bosses (Hek/Kela/Lech). Shockwave Moas and Leech Ospreys can also drop it, but they're not predictable.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

Insert name here posted:

The game just hates giving me anything other than the same 4/5 common mods. It took me forever to get a +shield capacity mod for my frame and I'm still looking for +damage for rifles.

Ask in clan chat for Serration etc and a friendly goon will give you a Serration if you can trade at all.

Arclyte
Apr 21, 2002

Insert name here posted:

What's the best place to grind for Stretch?

If you are on PC send me a friend request I'll give you one. ArclyteSA is my in-game name.

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010
I can't seem to find on the wiki where to get mod cards for Mag's pull. Anybody know where they drop, or should I just use my pile of fusion cores I've been sitting on for it?

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

If you know the words, you can join in too
He's bigger! faster! stronger too!
He's the newest member of the Jags O-Line crew!
Two questions:

1. What are the navpoint orbs you pickup for?

2. What effect does fusing your special moves have? (like fusing the Ex's Dash move)

Also, holy gently caress this game lags on the PS4 with 4 people on something like Defend.

SilentW
Apr 3, 2009

my It dept hgere is fucking clwonshoes, and as someone hwo used to do IT for 9 years it pains me to see them fbe so terriuble

Munkaboo posted:

Two questions:
2. What effect does fusing your special moves have? (like fusing the Ex's Dash move)

1. Nav orbs are for constructing Orokin Derelict runs, you can buy the blueprints with credits.
2. It levels up the ability, and makes it better. Do this ASAP.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Munkaboo posted:

Two questions:

1. Nav coordinates are used to make Orokin Derelict keys.

2. It improves it in various ways that aren't listed anywhere I can find in game. Use the wiki to see if a skill is worth upgrading.

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

Ah sweet, thanks.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Arclyte posted:

If you are on PC send me a friend request I'll give you one. ArclyteSA is my in-game name.
Thanks for the offer, but I literally just had it drop after killing Hek again. :)

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

As I sit here wanting to play Warframe, but can't due to the TV being taken, is there any plan to be able to play my account on either PC or Ps4?

I know there was talk of cross-platform play, but does that also mean I can play my account on either?

Also, I got Metal Auger... it seems worthwhile glancing at the Wiki. Any of you use it?

Munkaboo fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Jan 8, 2014

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

Elysiume posted:

2. It improves it in various ways that aren't listed anywhere I can find in game. Use the wiki to see if a skill is worth upgrading.

If you're lucky when you mouse over the mod on warframe upgrade screen it will sometimes pop up a description of what upgrading the mod does. I have no idea why it doesn't work sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

Munkaboo posted:

As I sit here wanting to play Warframe, but can't due to the TV being taken, is there any plan to be able to play my account on either PC or Ps4?

I know there was talk of cross-platform play, but does that also mean I can play my account on either?

Nope. They plan on letting you do a one time copy of a PC account to PS4, but swapping between them won't be possible because each version of the game is gonna be on a different patch more often than not.

Which is also why I think cross-platform play is a pipe dream at this point.