Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Exclamation Marx posted:

The SVUs are the worst policemen, it rules.

:byewhore:
I love Latuff. Just look at Sharon's eyes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

So Chris Christie is a traitorous driver for a mob family and got what was coming to him by the Media (the mob family's loyal enforcer) for selling out the Don?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

colonel_korn posted:

:laffo: yeah the media sure has been unkind to the guy that they spent the last few years giving largely favourable coverage despite the fact that he's a tremendous rear end in a top hat

For people who were freaking out that THE MEDIA wasn't giving enough attention to scandals they do seem quite upset that they're covering a scandal suddenly. I wonder what could be the factor that's changed their minds hmmm :allears:

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
I thought that would have worked better as Christie being a stand-in for Clemenza and one of his staff as Lampone. Slap whatever stupid label you want on a bumper sticker because it is a political cartoon after all. It shows Christie as facilitating the job without pulling the trigger himself and adds the cannoli bit as a "lol he's fat" cherry on the sundae.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Fulchrum posted:

Tesla was a pedophile?!?

Was I really the only one who suspected this about Gale? The weird attachment to his libertarian views

This is a new one on me, I gotta say. Saying a fictional character (who, yes, is never shown interacting with children in any way and is mostly just depicted as a harmless dork) is probably a pedophile because he's a libertarian is the kind of thing a Strawman Liberal might say. Do you live in an Eric Allie cartoon?

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

I thought that would have worked better as Christie being a stand-in for Clemenza and one of his staff as Lampone. Slap whatever stupid label you want on a bumper sticker because it is a political cartoon after all. It shows Christie as facilitating the job without pulling the trigger himself and adds the cannoli bit as a "lol he's fat" cherry on the sundae.

Honestly I thought this was what the cartoon did before I saw the label. It's the natural reference to make. :shrug:

comsymp
Oct 31, 2012
New Bennett:

tifosibella
Aug 17, 2005

captian r u gay

loquacius posted:

This is a new one on me, I gotta say. Saying a fictional character (who, yes, is never shown interacting with children in any way and is mostly just depicted as a harmless dork) is probably a pedophile because he's a libertarian is the kind of thing a Strawman Liberal might say. Do you live in an Eric Allie cartoon?

Yeah, I was basically saying Tesla/Gale was a talented scientist who got shafted more than once by a guy he, at one point, looked up to. But the Jesse explanation someone made earlier's better. Anyway, it's not like BB was a bastion of subtlety; I don't mean that in a derogatory way, but if there was a character who was a pedophile, I'm pretty sure they'd have made a point of giving us at least ONE reason to think they were beyond tenuous linkages to political ideologies.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Did a politoonist convention decree that all must become part of a hive mind or something?

Because all of the toons recently are pretty drat similar

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Did a politoonist convention decree that all must become part of a hive mind or something?

It's almost as if political cartoonists are unoriginal schlubs who lack creativity and artistic merit.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Well they get all their news from the same sources so its not really that surprising.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Banning e-cigs is admittedly a pretty ignorant policy, but what loving e-cig looks like that? Has Tinsley even seen one before? Even Muir can GIS.
To be filed under "worst wormbamas."

quote:

God drat Luckovich, stop or I'll jizz myself.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

Banning e-cigs is admittedly a pretty ignorant policy, but what loving e-cig looks like that? Has Tinsley even seen one before? Even Muir can GIS.

In a surprisingly informative derail in a reddit.jpg thread in GBS, I learned that a lot of dumb people will see someone smoking an e-cig and light up a real cigarette and cause problems, since it's kind of hard to tell the difference from 10 feet away (even though you should know that one was legal and the other was not). A goon learned this from a bouncer who asked him to not smoke an e-cig, I think.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

Tinsley's e-cig seems to be combining the one-piece e-cigs that attempt to emulate the look of a regular cigarette and the two piece units with a carbomizer and battery. Also, to clarify, the ban on e-cigs is not a total ban, you're just not allowed to smoke an e-cig anyplace that you're not allowed to smoke a regular cigarette.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Kirschen works fast.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Rorus Raz posted:

Kirschen works fast.

You didn't finish them off when you had the chance, Sharon!

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Rorus Raz posted:

Kirschen works fast.

I know it's not real, but please me tell me it is.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Rorus Raz posted:

Kirschen works fast.

I don't like your joke and I'm going to ruin it :mad:

This is the actual latest cartoon on Dry Bones:

(It would be interesting to see how well the talking points on the cover of Israel HaYom and Dry Bones add up)

Edit - You have to be the most tone-deaf and willfully-dense motherfucker to actually include "refugees who came to Israel through Egypt" in your description and then go "why should we care?"

Nyarai
Jul 19, 2012

Jenn here.
Got beaten to the comic, so here's the accompanying post.

Dry Bones posted:

The waves of Africans doing anything to get into Europe, desperate to find a higher standard of living then in their own countries are also hitting Israel. They were refugees when they got to Egypt. Then they left Egypt in search of a way into the only country in the region with European standards, both economic and humanitarian. So now it's our problem, and whatever we do, somehow the Media will show us to be the bad guys.

Labels: Africa, demonstrations, Israel, migrants, Refugees, Tel Aviv

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Meinberg posted:

Also, to clarify, the ban on e-cigs is not a total ban, you're just not allowed to smoke an e-cig anyplace that you're not allowed to smoke a regular cigarette.
This is what I meant and it's still stupid imo, but perhaps this belongs in another thread.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

:allears: Chris Christacean

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Animal News just won't let up on this 'the entire GOP party is DEEEAAAAAAAD guys!' white noise. I wonder how the author will feel a few months from now when it is very clear that they unfortunately still get plenty of support

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Internet Kraken posted:

Animal News just won't let up on this 'the entire GOP party is DEEEAAAAAAAD guys!' white noise. I wonder how the author will feel a few months from now when it is very clear that they unfortunately still get plenty of support
If the GOP was actually dead, it wouldn't be necessary to reiterate that they are dead. They'd just be dead and we'd stop talking about them.

Instead they just have terminal butt cancer.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Is he implying that those are contradictory statements?
And is that supposed to be Bok?

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

I'd say there should be a category for "laziest joke" in the 2014 Gay Abortions but I don't think the servers could handle the strain of hosting and displaying that many images.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

The Ape of Naples posted:

Is he implying that those are contradictory statements?

Yes, because "terror" implies elaborate plots, not "some guys flipping their poo poo."

Shrug?

e: Oh, hey, Zippy got political. Thanks Wanamingo of the comic strip thread -

hexwren fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Jan 11, 2014

Mahuum Aqoha
Jan 15, 2004

SHEPARD!
Do it for the universe!
Fun Shoe

Allen Wren posted:

Yes, because "terror" implies elaborate plots, not "some guys flipping their poo poo."

Shrug?

They're harping on the Youtube video thing again to say that Obama was lying about who was behind the attack. It must have been in some talking point e-mail or something recently because that's what all of the people in the comments are saying.

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

That doesn't match the meter of the Mickey Mouse Club song at all. :colbert:

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Allen Wren posted:

Shrug?

e: Oh, hey, Zippy got political. Thanks Wanamingo of the comic strip thread -

Political Cartoons 2014: I got so mad, I became momentarily rational.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Mahuum Aqoha posted:

They're harping on the Youtube video thing again to say that Obama was lying about who was behind the attack. It must have been in some talking point e-mail or something recently because that's what all of the people in the comments are saying.

It's because the New York Times published a lengthy report just before New Year's suggesting that the Benghazi attack was, in fact, motivated in large part by The Innocence of Muslims video. Which of course doesn't preclude it from being a terrorist attack as well. But anyways it's been sufficient to start the noise machine rolling once again.

e: basically this fairly even-handed description of the event is enough to get them screaming

NYT posted:

Fifteen months after Mr. Stevens’s death, the question of responsibility remains a searing issue in Washington, framed by two contradictory story lines.

One has it that the video, which was posted on YouTube, inspired spontaneous street protests that got out of hand. This version, based on early intelligence reports, was initially offered publicly by Susan E. Rice, who is now Mr. Obama’s national security adviser.

The other, favored by Republicans, holds that Mr. Stevens died in a carefully planned assault by Al Qaeda to mark the anniversary of its strike on the United States 11 years before. Republicans have accused the Obama administration of covering up evidence of Al Qaeda’s role to avoid undermining the president’s claim that the group has been decimated, in part because of the raid that killed Osama bin Laden.

The investigation by The Times shows that the reality in Benghazi was different, and murkier, than either of those story lines suggests. Benghazi was not infiltrated by Al Qaeda, but nonetheless contained grave local threats to American interests. The attack does not appear to have been meticulously planned, but neither was it spontaneous or without warning signs.

colonel_korn fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Jan 11, 2014

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

JT Jag posted:

If the GOP was actually dead, it wouldn't be necessary to reiterate that they are dead. They'd just be dead and we'd stop talking about them.

Instead they just have terminal butt cancer.

Please don't compare the gop to Farrah Fawcett indirectly like this.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Xander77 posted:

You have to be the most tone-deaf and willfully-dense motherfucker to actually include "refugees who came to Israel through Egypt" in your description and then go "why should we care?"

Hmm, refugees coming from Egypt and heading to Palestine... are there any other ethnic groups, perhaps, who have done that in the past? It sounds familiar, but I can't put my finger on it...

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

How is Bengahzi Terrorism. Were civilians targeted? Honestly asking.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

colonel_korn posted:

It's because the New York Times published a lengthy report just before New Year's suggesting that the Benghazi attack was, in fact, motivated in large part by The Innocence of Muslims video. Which of course doesn't preclude it from being a terrorist attack as well. But anyways it's been sufficient to start the noise machine rolling once again.

e: basically this fairly even-handed description of the event is enough to get them screaming

Yep, the right-wing mind can only understand two possiblities

1) it was a completely spontaneous mob fired up by the video

2) it was a worldwide terror plot formed by the ghost of Osama bin Laden

The idea that there might have been multiple motivations, or that it might be a mix of people and various competing version of events, is completely lost on them.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Jurgan posted:

Hmm, refugees coming from Egypt and heading to Palestine... are there any other ethnic groups, perhaps, who have done that in the past? It sounds familiar, but I can't put my finger on it...

"Maybe we'll let them in after wandering for forty years in the desert... :smugbert:"

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

euphronius posted:

How is Bengahzi Terrorism. Were civilians targeted? Honestly asking.

Diplomats are civilians, although the real answer is probably Muslim Did It, therefore Terrorism.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
It takes a special kind of stupid to assume climate scientists don't believe in snow.

Obama harbors an extreme personal grudge against every registered Republican.

Edible Hat
Jul 23, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Does the right-wing response to the NYT article amount to anything besides "nuh uh"? Do they have a competing report/study/article to point to that contradicts what The Times is saying? It seems like if they want the "truth" about Benghazi, they would appreciate the in depth reporting provided by that article.

Edible Hat fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Jan 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Edible Hat posted:

Does the right-wing response to the NYT article amount to anything besides "nuh uh." Do they have a competing report/study/article to point to that contradicts what The Times is saying? It seems like if they want the "truth" about Benghazi, they would appreciate the in depth reporting provided by that article.

Nope! It's the right basically going "You're only covering up for Hilary so she can win in 2016!" and then plugging their ears and screaming when anyone says otherwise

• Locked thread