Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
astral
Apr 26, 2004

Aratoeldar posted:

salastread v1.99.140109 problem

with Firefox 3.6.28 I get the following error pop up when firefox is loading:

code:
JavaScript Application

SALastRead int error: TypeError

Components.classes['@evercrest.com/salastread/persist-object;1'] is undefined
The SALR menu button doesn't show up in the Menu bar. Version 1.99.140105 worked fine.

Could you tell me if this test build fixes that for you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
Might also help to not use a Firefox branch that's been abandoned for 21 months now.

Aratoeldar
Mar 21, 2005

astral posted:

Could you tell me if this test build fixes that for you?

Unfortunately it does not.

Install Windows posted:

Might also help to not use a Firefox branch that's been abandoned for 21 months now.

Hey Mental Genius; did you bother to read the thread? I posted earlier that I use 3.6.28 because forcastbar hasn't worked since 4.0. I looked at the install.rdf and the minimum version is 3.5. :rolleyes:

astral
Apr 26, 2004

:siren: v1.99.140110:siren:

Notes:
  • Fixed SALR breaking on really old Firefox versions.
  • Fixed other minor bugs.

Notes from v1.99.140109:
  • Added notification when SALR has updated with a link to the about/changelog pane.
  • Improved the way SALR applies most of its CSS, which enabled new features like:
    • Reduced visual 'pop'/scrolling when loading forum pages.
    • Added 'hide all custom titles' option (Users preference pane).
  • Fixed some other miscellaneous SALR CSS bugs.
  • Fixed SALR replacing images with invalid image links.
  • Stopped SALR logo from being scaled weirdly in the about pane.

Aratoeldar
Mar 21, 2005
Thank you

Horn
Jun 18, 2004

Penetration is the key to success
College Slice

Aratoeldar posted:

Hey Mental Genius; did you bother to read the thread? I posted earlier that I use 3.6.28 because forcastbar hasn't worked since 4.0. I looked at the install.rdf and the minimum version is 3.5. :rolleyes:

You're sticking with an ancient version of firefox because your weather widget of choice isn't working? :wtf:

Aratoeldar
Mar 21, 2005

Horn posted:

You're sticking with an ancient version of firefox because your weather widget of choice isn't working? :wtf:

Most of the time I am using Firefox 26. However during inclement weather I do switch back and forth between 26 and 3.6.28 because forcastbar isn't a dumbed down piece of crap.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

That is like 100% crazy person behavior.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Quoting this from the previous page because it was never answer and I just came across this again:

Sereri posted:

Is there a way to make SALR work with FF sync or something similar, maybe dropbox, so I have my colors and notes synced?

Also can you make it so the user notes / colors apply on the reply page as well?

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
So 10ish minutes ago my Quick Reply decided to stop working and says "THERE IS NOTHING TO loving UNDO" with a greyed out Submit button. I remember seeing the SALR update notification pop up so I updated and sadly this fixed nothing. Can obviously still post the old way but yea, Quick Reply/Quote seems broken. FF 19ish here(I'm lazy).

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Sereri posted:

Quoting this from the previous page because it was never answer and I just came across this again:

Sync the salastread.sqlite file however you'd like and your colors will be shared - you can specify its location in SALR's "General" preference pane.

quote:

Also can you make it so the user notes / colors apply on the reply page as well?

It's not out of the question, but it'd be a low-priority thing.

Crotch Bat posted:

So 10ish minutes ago my Quick Reply decided to stop working and says "THERE IS NOTHING TO loving UNDO" with a greyed out Submit button. I remember seeing the SALR update notification pop up so I updated and sadly this fixed nothing. Can obviously still post the old way but yea, Quick Reply/Quote seems broken. FF 19ish here(I'm lazy).

In what circumstances is it breaking? Like, is this happening immediately after clicking a quick reply (or quote?) link? Is it only happening in one specific thread or forum?

Finally, if you open the browser console (Control + Shift + J) and clear that out, then follow the steps that would break the quick reply window, do any errors show up that reference SALR or 'quickquote'?

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

astral posted:

In what circumstances is it breaking? Like, is this happening immediately after clicking a quick reply (or quote?) link? Is it only happening in one specific thread or forum?

Finally, if you open the browser console (Control + Shift + J) and clear that out, then follow the steps that would break the quick reply window, do any errors show up that reference SALR or 'quickquote'?

It breaks immediately and on any post/thread. It just happened completely out of the blue today with me not having updated anything whatsoever on any level. I have since updated to the latest SALR in an attempt to fix the issue but that didn't work either.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Crotch Bat posted:

It breaks immediately and on any post/thread. It just happened completely out of the blue today with me not having updated anything whatsoever on any level. I have since updated to the latest SALR in an attempt to fix the issue but that didn't work either.

I suspect I know the cause - can you tell me if this test build fixes it for you?

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

astral posted:

I suspect I know the cause - can you tell me if this test build fixes it for you?

It did indeed, Quick Quote and Reply both functioning as intended now. Thank you very much!

astral
Apr 26, 2004

:siren: v1.99.140113:siren:

Notes:
  • Made the 'who posted' link in threads follow forum conventions (new full-sized tab/window instead of JavaScript popup).
  • Changed the default appearance of the SALR toolbar button.
  • Fixed SALR being happy to think some people's usernames were "Not Cookied?" which broke quote highlighting.
  • Fixed quick quote breaking on some older versions of Firefox with the last SALR update.

Notes from v1.99.140109:
  • Added notification when SALR has updated with a link to the about/changelog pane.
  • Improved the way SALR applies most of its CSS, which enabled new features like:
    • Reduced visual 'pop'/scrolling when loading forum pages.
    • Added 'hide all custom titles' option (Users preference pane).
  • Fixed some other miscellaneous SALR CSS bugs.
  • Fixed SALR replacing images with invalid image links.
  • Stopped SALR logo from being scaled weirdly in the about pane.

Disgustipated
Jul 28, 2003

Black metal ist krieg
Super minor bug, the SALR button is bugged on OS X. I think it happened with the 140113 update. I got a notification for that update this morning and noticed it was not right.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I just noticed that when people quote a post with an image in it without using [timg], the image isn't affected by SALR settings.

User posts a stupidly tall image that is properly resized by SALR according to the settings I selected. It then gets quoted again and again as an [img] and is displayed at its full height.

I know it's a stupid GBS thread, and a trivial issue. But I've seen a couple of things happen with quoted posts* with SALR seeming to not work inside quotes. Mainly with respect to how images are treated.

*which have currently slipped my mind, sorry but it's currently our 4th day of 45°C and my brain isn't working so good.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Jan 17, 2014

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Disgustipated posted:

Super minor bug, the SALR button is bugged on OS X. I think it happened with the 140113 update. I got a notification for that update this morning and noticed it was not right.

Huh, OSX sure styles that differently. I'll see what I can do.

Gorilla Salad posted:

I just noticed that when people quote a post with an image in it without using [timg], the image isn't affected by SALR settings.

User posts a stupidly tall image that is properly resized by SALR according to the settings I selected. It then gets quoted again and again as an [img] and is displayed at its full height.

I know it's a stupid GBS thread, and a trivial issue. But I've seen a couple of things happen with quoted posts* with SALR seeming to not work inside quotes. Mainly with respect to how images are treated.

*which have currently slipped my mind, sorry but it's currently our 4th day of 45°C and my brain isn't working so good.

Thanks for finding this; looking into it exposed a pretty bad XPath syntax error where for each post SALR was iterating through all of the images in the entire document instead of just the images in the post.

Next build will allow quoted images to be shrunk and won't try to shrink any timgs since unpredictable behavior would result.

astral fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Jan 17, 2014

astral
Apr 26, 2004

:siren: v1.99.140116:siren:

Notes:
  • Added option to show the list of moderators in the forum display.
  • Fixed moderators who were also Internet Knights were no longer being considered mods.
  • Fixed image shrinking feature not working on quoted [img] tags.

ArcMage
Sep 14, 2007

What is this thread?

Ramrod XTreme
Under Debian, when I tell SALR to use the default Mark Unread/Last Post icons, it still uses its custom icons.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

ArcMage posted:

Under Debian, when I tell SALR to use the default Mark Unread/Last Post icons, it still uses its custom icons.

Just tested with Fedora 20; it looks like you have to restart your browser for that setting to properly change over for some reason where you don't have to in Windows. I'll look into why that happens tonight.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Is there an option to have an "open all updated threads" button like in SALR Chrome?

ArcMage
Sep 14, 2007

What is this thread?

Ramrod XTreme

astral posted:

Just tested with Fedora 20; it looks like you have to restart your browser for that setting to properly change over for some reason where you don't have to in Windows. I'll look into why that happens tonight.

That did it, thank you.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

syscall girl posted:

Is there an option to have an "open all updated threads" button like in SALR Chrome?

If you have Greasemonkey, SAplusplus adds that among other things.

MUFFlNS
Mar 7, 2004

Is there a way to sticky threads with SALR? I thought that the option to star a thread when right clicking on it might do something along those lines, but after trying that I'm not really sure what it does?

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

astral posted:

:siren: v1.99.140116:siren:

Notes:
  • Added option to show the list of moderators in the forum display.
  • Fixed moderators who were also Internet Knights were no longer being considered mods.
  • Fixed image shrinking feature not working on quoted [img] tags.

Just reloading my Firefox profile, and thought I'd give you some thanks for keeping this extension updated. Thanks again!

astral
Apr 26, 2004

MUFFlNS posted:

Is there a way to sticky threads with SALR? I thought that the option to star a thread when right clicking on it might do something along those lines, but after trying that I'm not really sure what it does?

SALR-starring threads just adds them to the "Starred threads" submenu of the SA menu that you have to go out of your way to add. It might be interesting to add something like this to make the SALR stars more useful, likely with a better name than 'star' to avoid confusion with forum bookmarks.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

:siren: v1.99.140206:siren:

Notes:
  • Fixed posticons and emotes not displaying in some cases in the quick post window on Linux.

Notes From v.1.99.140123:
  • Fixed stylesheet-related settings not taking effect right away in Linux.

---

It turns out Assembla didn't end up removing Trac when they said they would (it's still there over a week after the scheduled removal), so no idea what's going on with them. At this point I'm leaning towards moving the project to github; I've already set up a git repository for SALR over there and everything looks good so far. Assuming nothing comes up, the official switch would happen later this weekend. No user action will be required.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP
Anyway I can disable the "SA" menu, with "file, edit, view, etc..."? I don't know what it is with firefox extensions bleeding into every piece of UI, but it's rather annoying.

EDIT: Whoops, just forgot to restart is all. All gone now.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

:siren: v1.99.140209:siren:

Notes:

Notes from v.1.99.140206:
  • Fixed posticons and emotes not displaying in some cases in the quick post window on Linux.

Lolcano Eruption
Oct 29, 2007
Volcano of LOL.
Is there a way to disable the modified colors? I much prefer the default forums colors.

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!

Lolcano Eruption posted:

Is there a way to disable the modified colors? I much prefer the default forums colors.

I think is what you're looking for:

The Dark One fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Feb 10, 2014

PolarPear
Apr 4, 2010
Speaking of colors I tried to change them but they don't apply, it changes the colors of threads in my bookmarks and on the forum but not the posts in the threads. I picked random colors to test.
Using these colors:

Bookmarked threads look like this:

But seen and unseen posts are default:

Unvisited thread colors also work.
I remember a while ago I could change the color of posts in threads, currently only the OP highlighting colors work for me.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

PolarPear posted:

Speaking of colors I tried to change them but they don't apply, it changes the colors of threads in my bookmarks and on the forum but not the posts in the threads. I picked random colors to test.
Using these colors:

I remember a while ago I could change the color of posts in threads, currently only the OP highlighting colors work for me.

I

I...

That's...

Are you red-green colourblind? Please say yes.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

PolarPear posted:

Using these colors:

My bad on this one. Will get it fixed soon and add proper support for the extra two colors the forums added.

JohnnyCanuck posted:

I

I...

That's...

I should make those the default colors.

PolarPear
Apr 4, 2010

JohnnyCanuck posted:

I

I...

That's...

No but they are nice colors. I don't know how I managed to get seen posts to be almost the same considering I mashed keys for random colors.

astral posted:

My bad on this one. Will get it fixed soon and add proper support for the extra two colors the forums added.
I'm ready for the fix with a much more sensible color scheme, also the my post getting quoted color works fine as well if that helps.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

PolarPear posted:

I'm ready for the fix with a much more sensible color scheme, also the my post getting quoted color works fine as well if that helps.

I haven't added in support for the two new colors yet, but if you just want your old in-thread colors working again for now, you can manually grab this build, which is v1.99.140209 with the in-thread color fix.

PolarPear
Apr 4, 2010

astral posted:

I haven't added in support for the two new colors yet, but if you just want your old in-thread colors working again for now, you can manually grab this build, which is v1.99.140209 with the in-thread color fix.
This works, thanks.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

:siren: v1.99.140210:siren:

Note:
  • Restored and enhanced in-thread seen/unseen post coloring functionality. (default off)
If things look weird based on old settings, you can use the 'Load Default Colors' button.

---

Notes from v.1.99.140209:

astral fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Feb 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PolarPear
Apr 4, 2010

astral posted:

v1.99.140210
Note:
  • Restored and enhanced in-thread seen/unseen post coloring functionality. (default off)
If things look weird based on old settings, you can use the 'Load Default Colors' button.

A few unimportant things, the color selection settings need a bit more vertical space, a scrollbar, or shrinking. The button to change the my post is quoted color is 2 pixels tall. Also it doesn't apply user colors to posts when you are replying to threads but it does apply default colors.

Great work on the extension, viewing bookmarked threads as being different colors according to which has new posts is something the forums should have by default.

• Locked thread