Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Davros1 posted:

Only if Davros is their landlord.

No a Zarbi :colbert: Or maybe have a Zarbi as a wacky neighbor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Do they adopt a Sontaran kid? That's all I want to know. :allears:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

TinTower posted:

Do they adopt a Sontaran kid? That's all I want to know. :allears:

No Martha Jones. Also how can they adopt a kid when it seems Sontaran's come out full grown? It would also be just compared to Strax

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Davros1 posted:

Only if Davros is their landlord.

"I NAME YOU THE DESTROYER! OF! PLUMBING!!!!"

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Haha, a Silent Companion is pretty hilarious. He goes to all kinds of trouble to always be in the Doctor's line of sight, heroically sacrifices himself to save The Doctor, then his corpse rots in a corner of the Tardis.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

NowonSA posted:

Haha, a Silent Companion is pretty hilarious. He goes to all kinds of trouble to always be in the Doctor's line of sight, heroically sacrifices himself to save The Doctor, then his corpse rots in a corner of the Tardis.

He would be there with Dodo and Kamelion

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

They should just find Kamelion somewhere. "OH, that's right, I made another of these after the last was destroyed!" And then the celebrity guest star of the week can sometimes be the Doctor's companion.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Bicyclops posted:

They should just find Kamelion somewhere. "OH, that's right, I made another of these after the last was destroyed!" And then the celebrity guest star of the week can sometimes be the Doctor's companion.

That'd own.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Or every once in a while, the Doctor randomly find snow or penguin tracks in the TARDIS corridors. He just gives them a bemused look and then continues on with the episode.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

The concept of a regenerating companion would be neat. Only if that companion wasn't River Song. The concept was almost there. I feel like it would be a bit dark for Doctor Who though - to have a companion die every episode or every other episode to force a regeneration. Or maybe an alien who mimics regeneration as part of their race, so it could happen without trauma.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Harlock posted:

The concept of a regenerating companion would be neat. Only if that companion wasn't River Song. The concept was almost there. I feel like it would be a bit dark for Doctor Who though - to have a companion die every episode or every other episode to force a regeneration. Or maybe an alien who mimics regeneration as part of their race, so it could happen without trauma.

I guess we had Romana.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Harlock posted:

Or as someone else said, Kamelion mk. 2. It worked for K-9, after all.

It'd be nice to see Jenny back. Since Capaldi's an older Doctor, it might be good to have a more physically active companion again. Although last I heard Georgia Moffett retired from acting, so she'd have to regenerate offscreen.

DirtyRobot
Dec 15, 2003

it was a normally happy sunny day... but Dirty Robot was dirty

Harlock posted:

Where did the Easter special rumor originate? Looking around for it, I saw some 'spoilers' written by someone who says a McGann/Capaldi multi Doctor 2 part episode is coming too.

Which is hilarious because Moffat would never do a two parter!

:stare: Oh be still, my beating heart. Please let this not just be some crazy person's random ramblings. (I know it surely is.)

Look, showrunners, do this, have a few more appearances with David Bradley as the first doctor, a few appearances with Tom Baker dropping non-sensical-yet-enigmatic hints, and your show will achieve perfection. Perfection.

pgroce posted:

I want a spin-off show where a Silent and an Ood share an apartment. The Silent is loutish and slovenly, the Ood is an OCD cleaner, but despite that, they weather life's little trials and tribulations and become great friends.

I had a great name for this show, but I just forgot it. Funny, that...

Angry Walrus posted:

The Ood Couple.

:stare: Yeah, just make this happen, too.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Yvonmukluk posted:

Or as someone else said, Kamelion mk. 2. It worked for K-9, after all.

It'd be nice to see Jenny back. Since Capaldi's an older Doctor, it might be good to have a more physically active companion again. Although last I heard Georgia Moffett retired from acting, so she'd have to regenerate offscreen.

She is busy being the Doctors Wife.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 31 days!

bobkatt013 posted:

She is busy being the Doctors Wife.

And mother to the Doctor's Daughter (and the Doctor's Son, and the Doctor's Adopted Son).

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Sydney Bottocks posted:

And mother to the Doctor's Daughter (and the Doctor's Son, and the Doctor's Adopted Son).

And the Doctor's Grandchildren, of course.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

My perfect schedule would be 11-13 uninterrupted episodes in the spring, followed by a Christmas special to give you something in the rest of the year. And at least ONE 2 parter.

DirtyRobot posted:

Look, showrunners, do this, have a few more appearances with David Bradley as the first doctor, a few appearances with Tom Baker dropping non-sensical-yet-enigmatic hints, and your show will achieve perfection. Perfection.

Moffat, Capaldi, and Gatiss just go all in and make the fanwankiest show they can ever make. :allears:

I'd be in anyway.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 31 days!

Metal Loaf posted:

And the Doctor's Grandchildren, of course.

Oh, when did Susan move in with her? :v:

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Astroman posted:

My perfect schedule would be 11-13 uninterrupted episodes in the spring, followed by a Christmas special to give you something in the rest of the year. And at least ONE 2 parter.

Well, wasn't it already stated that three or four directors have each been assigned two-episode blocs each? That seems like two-episode stories for those might be possibilities.

I also just read on Wiki that in the 8th season, Moffat is going to use an RTD plan for why there are multiple Capaldi characters. Can't wait for that...

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I'm fine with them "explaining away" why he looks like That Guy From Pompeii, but I just hope it isn't a Moffat-Plot that takes the whole season.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

jivjov posted:

I'm fine with them "explaining away" why he looks like That Guy From Pompeii, but I just hope it isn't a Moffat-Plot that takes the whole season.

I legitimately don't want them to bring it up at all, ever. Even if they go back to Pompeii and Capaldi has to play both roles. Especially if that second thing I said.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
My preferred explanation is from tumblr or twitter or something: he's a Scottish Roman.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

I'm afraid they will explain more than just Capaldi's, but also every other actor who played multiple people: Colin's, Karen's,and Freema's as well.

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

DoctorWhat posted:

My preferred explanation is from tumblr or twitter or something: he's a Scottish Roman.

"Lots of planets have a Rome!"

(q.v. that episode of Star Trek, etc.)

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

jivjov posted:

It all leads up to next year's Christmas special, The Coincidence of the Doctor.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 31 days!

Quixotic1 posted:

I'm afraid they will explain more than just Capaldi's, but also every other actor who played multiple people: Colin's, Karen's,and Freema's as well.

RTD already beat them to it, the gal at Torchwood was Martha's identical cousin. Or some such poo poo like that. :rolleyes:

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Irish Joe posted:

It all leads up to next year's Christmas special, The Coincidence of the Doctor.

Isn't that the whole premise of the show?

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Sydney Bottocks posted:

RTD already beat them to it, the gal at Torchwood was Martha's identical cousin. Or some such poo poo like that. :rolleyes:

Wasn't there some explanation for Gwen from Torchwood looking like that maid she played in the Dickens episode, also? Like the Cardiff rift (so glad that's not a thing on the show any more) made her look like a copy or something like that?

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 31 days!

Chairman Capone posted:

Wasn't there some explanation for Gwen from Torchwood looking like that maid she played in the Dickens episode, also? Like the Cardiff rift (so glad that's not a thing on the show any more) made her look like a copy or something like that?

It was either that or just something about how certainly family resemblances get passed down through time, but yeah there were definitely (quite unnecessary) explanations for stuff like that.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

His character from Pompeii is a distant ancestor of the Doctor's human mother :can:

Maxil and the Doctor are cousins.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
I wouldn't mind them addressing it, but only if they mention some of the others. Maxil, Salamander, the Abbot of Amboise. Heck even throw Princess Strella in there for more time lord doppleganger-ness. I think Salamander would be the best plot hook for the new series to tie back to, since Enemy of the World made a big recent splash.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
It was all Kamelion.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
Until Moffat ruins it with whatever this RTD plot is I'm just going ahead and assuming the Doctor liked Amy and Rory so much that he subconsciously based the appearance of his next regeneration on them, combining a Scottish accent with the face of a Roman he met once.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Box of Bunnies posted:

Maxil and the Doctor are cousins.

Wasn't the Fifth Doctor's fretting about his regeneration supposed to be to make people worry that the Doctor had used up all his regenerations? (I guess because of the Brain of Morbius?)

During the fade to black when the Fifth Doctor dies, Maxil sneaks about the TARDIS, steals Fifth's clothes, dumps the corpse out, and decides life as the Doctor is better than some dead-end guard job on Gallifrey.

Cue Season -1A where all of Maxil's extra regenerations are used up between Hurt and Eccleston.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Let's hope this was a passing thought to answer an interview question and not an idea that will percolate:

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2014/01/doctor-who-steven-moffat-tempted-to-bring-river-song-back.html

Moffat posted:

[River] could certainly have met other Doctors. So there's nothing stopping us ... But is there anything new we can do? Or is the new thing that Peter Capaldi and Alex Kingston would be very sexy together? Is that enough? We've always had fun with the fact that they don't look like a couple.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Bicyclops posted:

Let's hope this was a passing thought to answer an interview question and not an idea that will percolate:

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2014/01/doctor-who-steven-moffat-tempted-to-bring-river-song-back.html

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I really fear we're not done with River Song until Moffat's replaced as showrunner. It's just a gut feeling I have, that he's going to find some way to either bring her back with a new actress or bring her back as Alex Kingston.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Bicyclops posted:

No More.

(*shoots wall with laser gun*)

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Bicyclops posted:

She better loving not come back, I found her character infuriating.

This is a chance for them to purge all of the poo poo that Moffat foolishly introduced during Matts era as the Doctor. To allow this particular cancer back would be unfortunate at the least for the show. No more Moffucking.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
There was no river in the recent specials celebrating the end of matt. If moffat wanted a new river plot. it hink he'd start it there somewhere.

i guess moffat knows you can't step in the same river twice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I actually really like River as a character and I kind of don't ever want to see her again.

Also I hope Moffat addresses the pressing unanswered question of why every incarnation of the Doctor, every single one, has borne a surprising resemblance to an actor from the 20th and 21st century on Earth.

(This is a joke. Except he will probably do this.)

• Locked thread