Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Alhazred posted:

He can't even use a fork, how the hell could he damage you in any way?

A one-armed man managed to murder Dr. Richard Kimble's wife, dude. Jaime's just missing his hand, not the whole arm. I think he'll be fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

emanresu tnuocca posted:

The next season is mostly the latter third of ASOS but the trailer shows material from both AFFC and ADWD.

They are soooooooo going to catch up, I can't wait.

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!
They'll either have to leave Bran, Theon, and Yarasha out of the series (which they are clearly no doing) or get into ADWD material. Either they are going to stretch out these stories or they are going to have to get into WoW stuff.

It'll be interesting to see how they stretch out Theon's stuff to intersect with Stannis' crap.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

ZShakespeare posted:

It'll be interesting to see how they stretch out Theon's stuff to intersect with Stannis' crap.

Theon's stuff is currently on the Iron Islands, at least in the show. Although Balon, being sentimental as he is, probably just tossed it into the fireplace with a look of contempt.

Hunky Joe
Dec 21, 2005

I'll fight crime when I feel like it...
Got excited when I saw the knight charging on horseback and then immediately it turned to pure hate when I paused and saw it was probably Daario fighting him instead of Strong Belwas.

At least Oberyn's fight looked awesomely crouching tiger hidden dragon (Dany!). Or maybe that is a bad thing.

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

Hunky Joe posted:

Got excited when I saw the knight charging on horseback and then immediately it turned to pure hate when I paused and saw it was probably Daario fighting him instead of Strong Belwas.

Yeah it's the new Daario. I was hoping since Belwas is out of the picture that Barristan would take his place but nope. Oh well.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Intel&Sebastian posted:

They are soooooooo going to catch up, I can't wait.
Yeah A Feast for Crows and A Dance With Dragons may be big books but if you put the story in the chronological order, it's not going to take that long before they catch up.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Love the dragon over King's Landing and then the editing to make it look like Dany is talking poo poo about the Lannisters.

Aug 15, 2010

Jeffrey posted:

Haha you think that's not what Grrm is gonna have him do. Girl's getting littlefingered one way or the other.

Gold Jerry! Gold!

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

syscall girl posted:

Theon's stuff is currently on the Iron Islands, at least in the show. Although Balon, being sentimental as he is, probably just tossed it into the fireplace with a look of contempt.

I guess you missed the entire season of ramsay eating sausages in front of theon.

e: o I get it derf.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Is there any news on the status of the new book?

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

It's Out.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

the kawaiiest posted:

Yeah it's the new Daario.

Character who takes a fat poo poo as his defining moment.
A fat poo poo of a character.

Easy mistake to make, I guess.
(D+D suck)

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

syscall girl posted:

:golfclap: Well played, good sir. Well played.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

the kawaiiest posted:

Yeah it's the new Daario. I was hoping since Belwas is out of the picture that Barristan would take his place but nope. Oh well.

gently caress, I can understand them wanting to keep a Dany love interest and only having room for a certain amount of characters but they shoulda got rid of Daario and have Strong Belwas be her loverboy. That poo poo would've been awesome.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

PiedPiper posted:

:golfclap: Well played, good sir.

Did you see who you quoted?

savinhill posted:

gently caress, I can understand them wanting to keep a Dany love interest and only having room for a certain amount of characters but they shoulda got rid of Daario and have Strong Belwas be her loverboy. That poo poo would've been awesome.

They're saving him for the spinoff, Better Call Belwas.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Ultimately, it will be revealed HBO nixed Strong Belwas because Adam Sandler refused to take the role as... Strong Belwasserboy

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

savinhill posted:

New Daario is super hot though. The other guy had a huge head and a weird voice, but the new guy is gorgeous.

Like seriously drat that is a good-lookin' man.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

Can't hold a candle to dreamy book Daario with his blue beard and golden teeth and mustache, though.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Two different actors, not a single golden mustachio between them. I bet they're not even going to kill Joffrey either.

the last s0n
Aug 12, 2013

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Two different actors, not a single golden mustachio between them. I bet they're not even going to kill Joffrey either.

DON'T SAY THAT. Never say that.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

Speaking of Tommen becoming King, I wonder if the series' most important character (Ser Pounce) has been cast yet. They better get a big name actor to play him. Someone like Antonio Banderas.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Joramun posted:

Someone like Antonio Banderas.

Ah, a Dornish Rex. I like it.

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013

emanresu tnuocca posted:

I bet they're not even going to kill Joffrey either.

To see the purists rage, it would almost be worth it. Almost.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

the kawaiiest posted:

New Daario is super hot though. The other guy had a huge head and a weird voice, but the new guy is gorgeous.

I don't care how hot he is, nothing could be better than a huge, fat, bald, scarred-up, half retarded eunuch in a titty vest romancing Dany. The HBO perv executives could've even used it to work some scat into the sex scenes.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Joramun posted:

Someone like Antonio Banderas.

Bradley Cooper's now experienced in playing small furry animals. He'd be perfect purr-fect.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

the kawaiiest posted:

He's several thousand leagues above me, don't get me wrong, but that nose is pretty bad.

If GOT was real life, Ser Jorah/Iain Glen would still be the lady killer of Essos. That accent.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
done yet?

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

Aurain posted:

He's several thousand leagues above me, don't get me wrong, but that nose is pretty bad.
That is a fine nose. A manly nose. :colbert:

quote:

If GOT was real life, Ser Jorah/Iain Glen would still be the lady killer of Essos. That accent.
Now this I agree with. God bless that beautiful creature.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
what happened to daaario1 ?

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

He was too seductive. The producers did not know whether he was in them or they in him.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Joramun posted:

Speaking of Tommen becoming King, I wonder if the series' most important character (Ser Pounce) has been cast yet. They better get a big name actor to play him. Someone like Antonio Banderas.

One of those retarded Buzzfeed cats would be a better choice. Bub?

Erethizon_dorsatum
Nov 14, 2009

Aurain posted:

Character who takes a fat poo poo as his defining moment.

Really?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
If you guys mean Belwas, yeah he shits but few remember that he also barfs

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

They could also mean Tywin.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
Personally I remember Tywin's defining moment as the passage where Tyrion finds Shae in his dad's bed. That? Was hosed up. loving hypocrite old bastard. God, I hope they kill him on the shitter on the show.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Intel&Sebastian posted:

If you guys mean Belwas, yeah he shits but few remember that he also barfs

Joramun posted:

They could also mean Tywin.

Jokes on you I meant Kalesi

Third
Sep 9, 2004
The most noble title any child can have.

Aurain posted:

Jokes on you I meant Kalesi

I thought you meant GRRM.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

redshirt posted:

One of those retarded Buzzfeed cats would be a better choice. Bub?

I always pictured Ser Pounce as a long haired tabby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

He also cooks the food of his people

ruddiger posted:

I always pictured Ser Pounce as a long haired tabby.

Is he a salty or a stony tabby?