Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Octopus Magic posted:

Toyota has a long history of loving up this kind of stuff, so I'm not holding my breath. If they were building it to be a 370Z competitor and made it more Mk4 Supra-ish, I'd heavily think about it.

What's funny is that Toyota currently possess the architecture to make a 370z type car and just aren't because of policy. All you would need is the IS250's subframes on a coupe body, with a slightly hopped up version of the IS350 v6 and a manual transmission out of the IS250 with stronger internals. It wouldn't be costly or difficult from a manufacturer's perspective and would basically be a direct competitor for the 370z, built using the same parts-bin principle and with similar performance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tobu
Aug 20, 2004

Bunny-Bee makes me happy!
All these concept cars... how about something stupidly different - a heli-truck thing called the Black Night Transformer.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...OUT-driver.html

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013
ASK:lol: ME:lol: ABOUT:lol: MY :lol:TINY :lol:DICK

also my opinion on :females:
:haw::flaccid: :haw: :flaccid: :haw: :flaccid::haw:

Slavvy posted:

What's funny is that Toyota currently possess the architecture to make a 370z type car and just aren't because of policy. All you would need is the IS250's subframes on a coupe body, with a slightly hopped up version of the IS350 v6 and a manual transmission out of the IS250 with stronger internals. It wouldn't be costly or difficult from a manufacturer's perspective and would basically be a direct competitor for the 370z, built using the same parts-bin principle and with similar performance.

Toyota could be making a 370z, but Nissan should be making a proper Fairlady. There's rumors of a turbo-4, but bah, and I wonder if it's going to be fat like the other z-series cars.

Random image I stumbled upon while searching for anything new about the concept.

A Fairlady isn't fat, she just has some curves in the right places.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

"What am I doing? Just washing down my car in this quarry, it's where I always go for the cleansing pumice!"

- a dumb oval office photographer in response to the model asking him why she's doing something ridiculous.

Also I drove a 350z with the more powerful engine the other day and I don't know what people complain about, the car felt really responsive and tense.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Slavvy posted:

Didn't Toyota and BMW sign a partnership agreement a couple years ago in which one of the goals was to jointly develop a future sports car? This might be a hint as to where Toyota might take their car if or when that partnership comes to fruition.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Here's a weird-rear end AMC Eagle variant, The Sundancer:

Top down - not bad

Top up - not so much.

MrSaturn
Sep 8, 2004

Go ahead, laugh. They all laugh at first...
It's cool that it changes colors! :v:

What engine did those have? It's begging for side pipes.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

MrSaturn posted:

It's cool that it changes colors! :v:

What engine did those have? It's begging for side pipes.

Didn't see a decent side shot of the top car.

As for engines:

wikipedia posted:

The GM 151 cu in (2.5 L) "Iron Duke" inline-four engine became standard equipment, as AMC's 258 cu in (4.2 L) I6 became optional.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

MrChips posted:

Didn't Toyota and BMW sign a partnership agreement a couple years ago in which one of the goals was to jointly develop a future sports car? This might be a hint as to where Toyota might take their car if or when that partnership comes to fruition.

From what I've read on the FT-1, it got binned.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Mister Kingdom posted:

Top down - not bad

Top up - not so much.

That thing is uglier than the old McLaren ASC 'vert Mustangs. That's hard to do.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
I always thought it could be pretty cool with a few inches of lift and a 360. Wasn't there a guy in here selling one in the marketplace thread?

donut
Feb 4, 2001

veedubfreak posted:

Speaking of ugly Toyotas, what the hell was the thought process behind the grill on the new Lexus?
It's shaped like a spool of thread, symbolizing Toyota's origins as a manufacturer of looms.

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013
ASK:lol: ME:lol: ABOUT:lol: MY :lol:TINY :lol:DICK

also my opinion on :females:
:haw::flaccid: :haw: :flaccid: :haw: :flaccid::haw:

Slavvy posted:

Also I drove a 350z with the more powerful engine the other day and I don't know what people complain about, the car felt really responsive and tense.

Between 3 and 600lbs more than an RX8, for instance, or up to half a ton more than the classic 240z. It's more that it's not a 240z. Because 240z.

Speaking of which:
http://chrisoncars.com/2013/04/grace-beauty-soul-toyota/

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

donut posted:

It's shaped like a spool of thread, symbolizing Toyota's origins as a manufacturer of looms.

There's a luddite joke in here somewhere, I can feel it.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Mister Kingdom posted:

VikingSkull posted:

That thing is uglier than the old McLaren ASC 'vert Mustangs. That's hard to do.

Don't talk poo poo about the Gadgetmobile.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
:suicide:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Slavvy posted:

Isn't that the Lexus RC?

Nice Mustang I saw while walking my dog, with a little bit of Saab thrown in for Viggen.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

tobu posted:

All these concept cars... how about something stupidly different - a heli-truck thing called the Black Night Transformer.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...OUT-driver.html

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

West SAAB Story posted:

Don't talk poo poo about the Gadgetmobile.

This is actually the Gadgetmobile! :eng101:

blk
Dec 19, 2009

Mister Kingdom posted:

Top down - not bad

Top up - not so much.
http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/4278158605.html

11BulletCatcher
Feb 27, 2010

This Cold Ass Honkey Ain't No Jive Turkey, Ya Dig?
You guys like hotrods?

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/01/14/1932-ford-5-window-coupe-body-ford-component-sales-united-pacific-industries-official-sema/

Ford is now producing new shells and parts for '32 Fords to original specs.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

11BulletCatcher posted:

You guys like hotrods?

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/01/14/1932-ford-5-window-coupe-body-ford-component-sales-united-pacific-industries-official-sema/

Hot drat that's awesome.

Now if only Chevy would do the same with the 57 Bel Air for lowriders and custom cruisers. :getin:

geeteeslow
Apr 23, 2007
gangsta crizzabs
I don't think the roof has been up on our Sundancer since we bought it; the targa roof is pretty basic and rattles. It's one of those vehicles where the top stays dropped permanently.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

veedubfreak posted:

Speaking of ugly Toyotas, what the hell was the thought process behind the grill on the new Lexus?

They looked at what Audi was doing and swapped the left/right sides. If you want to see what a 2016 Lexus will look like, look at a 2014 Audi.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

I came here to post this. It is amazing. But I can't figure out for the life of me where the roof section goes... :raise:

televiper
Feb 12, 2007

WE'RE ONTO YOU.

GramCracker posted:

I came here to post this. It is amazing. But I can't figure out for the life of me where the roof section goes... :raise:

garage floor?

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011

11BulletCatcher posted:

You guys like hotrods?

Wait a second, they still had some of the original tooling laying around somewhere? Holy crap.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

11BulletCatcher posted:

You guys like hotrods?

I...don't have to build a hotrod right? I could use the parts and make a stock 32 coupe??

Valt
May 14, 2006

Oh HELL yeah.
Ultra Carp

Shampoo posted:

I...don't have to build a hotrod right? I could use the parts and make a stock 32 coupe??

Yah they are stock parts. Assuming ford still had the design specs for the tooling. So they are just repopping shells.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

GramCracker posted:

Wonder no more!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL7kLL-9tj0

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

T-Tops for German styled rednecks.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
How do you say "mullet" in German?

Yes, this is a boat. Still quite insane.

Nidhg00670000 fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Jan 15, 2014

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Nidhg00670000 posted:

How do you say "mullet" in German?
They call it an "einwandfreie haarschnitt". It's a stereotype to them, too, German women assume a man wearing one is a "Genie mit einem sehr großen Drehknopf".

Aargh
Sep 8, 2004

Are there any specs out for how much heavier the T-top is over the convertible or regular Carrera?

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

West SAAB Story posted:

T-Tops for German styled rednecks.

Now the owners can have two toupées! :v:

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004

Nidhg00670000 posted:

Back in 1995 the list price of the Supra Turbo was around $48k, which adjusted for inflation would be $73500 today.

Is there any back-story on this? As an AMC guy that is reaching the height of cool to me.

Here, have other AMCs getting dirty;

I've also never seen the Sundancer with it's top up.
Hilariously hideous.

Edit;
It has a sibling!!

stone soup fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Jan 15, 2014

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

VikingSkull posted:

The same company also built a similar model for Toyota.

The Celica Sunchaser.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

G-Mach posted:

Wait a second, they still had some of the original tooling laying around somewhere? Holy crap.

Hell, at some point Ford built some brand new Model Ts, although admittedly it seems like they scanned an existing one and built new ones to that spec.

http://www.nytimes.com/2001/12/28/automobiles/what-s-new-at-ford-try-the-2003-model-t.html

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
Look what I parked next to:

I kind of made an rear end of myself by gushing over the car when the owner came back like 10 seconds after I took the picture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
I wonder if I could jury rig together a mechanism like that for my 944. :v: