Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
Gary McCoy originally drew this cartoon for today, but Cagle rejected it. Said it was "too much"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

euphronius posted:

Dont forget the classics like Vince Foster (Hillary is a lesbian who had an affair with Vince Foster and then killed him) and also TRAVEL GATE which was really important.

EDIT

COME travel back in time with me to the 90s!!! http://whatreallyhappened.com/RANCHO/POLITICS/BODIES.html

:allears: God the 90s seem like such a magical time, its fun being able to relive them.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Mister Beeg posted:

Gary McCoy originally drew this cartoon for today, but Cagle rejected it. Said it was "too much"

Is that an edit? The art looks too clean and the words are too legible to be real.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Mallard's New Year Prediction #69: My wife will continue to not leave me for someone who doesn't degrade her

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Someone bought me this custom title because they think I kick ass at Photoshop. They happen to be right.

Tom Guycot posted:

... I really don't know why

This is a pretty spot-on send-up of Muir.

Mister Beeg posted:

Wait, how do you know that? Are... are you Gary McCoy? :aaa:

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem

carry on then posted:

Ah yes, Superbowl XVLII, the Superbowl so nice they played it twice.

Ahaha I didn't even notice that.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

achillesforever6 posted:

I can't wait for Bish to talk about Richard Sherman ruining the game of football, in fact I won't be surprised if a lot of the usual suspects use it as their template to bash Obama.

Rob Tornoe (of Joe Paterno getting kicked out of Heaven fame) had a good take on it.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

XyloJW posted:

I'm on my phone so I can't dig it up but Rall believes this.

Oh, of course he does. But she's still okay somehow because of wiretapping, or accelerationism, or something.

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret
E;fb

CowHammer
Feb 18, 2013
Rall's archive is surprisingly helpful to see a snapshot of his dumb opinions!

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

colonel_korn posted:

Rob Tornoe (of Joe Paterno getting kicked out of Heaven fame) had a good take on it.

Did they not watch that last play before that interview happened? I can understand the guy being angry.

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

my new year's prediction: Mallard Fillmore will keep doing these for the rest of the year...

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Randler posted:

Babies - Have them your way

:effort:
I like the idea, but let's go all the way with it.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Mighty Stalker posted:

my new year's prediction: Mallard Fillmore will keep doing these for the rest of the year...

I would enjoy it if you continued editing political cartoons, Mighty Stalker, because you are A Good Cartoonist.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Internet Webguy posted:

Remember to always keep your abortion receipts in case of survivors.

Oh, I wouldn't worry about it, someone's looking out for you...

Also, from pages ago but I remember those anti-Communist cartoons actually being in one of my father's old Mad Magazines which I read growing up. :corsair:

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Rorus Raz posted:

Mighty Stalker posted:

very much into this poo poo.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Rorus Raz posted:

#Freshmeat18Days!

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

How old is this idiot even supposed to be? Rick's Lounge has been closed for about 20 years, and even then its' reputation involves far more hookers, drug dealers, and being the sort of skeezy strip club where the 19-year-old draftees went to get robbed or hustled than the hangout of Elite Tier 1 No-Scope Headshot Operators. Not a single non-creep was sad to see it go.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Mighty Stalker posted:

You can do those all year long :allears:

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Also, from pages ago but I remember those anti-Communist cartoons actually being in one of my father's old Mad Magazines which I read growing up. :corsair:

Yeah, MAD reprinted some of them in one issue.

What makes them different from other anti-communist cartoons done by US cartoonists is that Prohias really did live in a communist country when he drew those cartoons, and it got to the point that he had to flee the country.

Mister Beeg fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Jan 20, 2014

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet

Mister Beeg posted:

Yeah, MAD reprinted some of them in one issue.

What makes them different from other anti-communist cartoons done by US cartoonists is that Prohias really did live in a communist country when he drew those cartoons, and it got to the point that he had to flee the country.

Yeah, there's a great intro in the giant spy vs spy book talking about how people were pretty much chanting "Death to Prohias" before he got out.

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

The Worldwide Deadly Gangster Communist President

Mighty Stalker posted:

You had be going until bullet point #3. Well done!

I, too, would like to see the list continuing on forever, if you're the one writing it.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

CowHammer posted:

Rall's archive is surprisingly helpful to see a snapshot of his dumb opinions!

Thanks, I forgot how explicit he was in his conspiracy mongering.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

XyloJW posted:

Thanks, I forgot how explicit he was in his conspiracy mongering.

Todd Rall, being subtle at anything? :stare:

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

Mighty Stalker posted:

4. Free Jonathon Pollard??

It's all I could see once I saw "Jon".

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

How old is this idiot even supposed to be? Rick's Lounge has been closed for about 20 years, and even then its' reputation involves far more hookers, drug dealers, and being the sort of skeezy strip club where the 19-year-old draftees went to get robbed or hustled than the hangout of Elite Tier 1 No-Scope Headshot Operators. Not a single non-creep was sad to see it go.

Google isn't giving me much, so is there more to Rick's Lounge? Was it an infamous on base bar or somethign?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Allen Wren posted:

Did they not watch that last play before that interview happened? I can understand the guy being angry.
But see he's black and he's being classless and he's a thug and oh god the dogwhistles!!!

Man I wonder what cartoons or sports shows were doing when Ali was running his mouth on everybody?

E: Also having watched all those Kelly Onion videos the Chinese "Rising Son" is basically what I think went into most Asay comics. That video was almost certainily a reference to Asay.

achillesforever6 fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Jan 21, 2014

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

achillesforever6 posted:

Man I wonder what cartoons or sports shows were doing when Ali was running his mouth on everybody?

This was published by The Daily Mail just ahead of the first match against Sonny Liston:

Prayers answered :smug:

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

Vogon Poet posted:

Wait, how do you know that? Are... are you Gary McCoy? :aaa:

You know too much. I dare you to come to my house and fight me.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Something something gas station pickles.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Jerusalem posted:

This was published by The Daily Mail just ahead of the first match against Sonny Liston:

Prayers answered :smug:
Was he still going by Clay at that time, or is it saying "that's not his REAL name"?

Sir Rolo
Oct 16, 2012

That is a loving awful filter job you did in panel 2, Muir.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

Was he still going by Clay at that time, or is it saying "that's not his REAL name"?

If I recall, his first match against Sonny liston he was still going by Cassius Clay, although he changed his name not long after.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Samurai Sanders posted:

He was still going by Clay at the time.

Here are some more, all of these are from British papers (the Mirror, the Telegraph etc) - some of them are simply appalling:

:stare:

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
Yeah, all the people were with Martin Luther King Jr and only the government opposed him. That's an interesting way to remember history.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Sir Rolo posted:

But unless the people are absolutely united 100% on every single issue ever then the government is going to have to force some people to obey it, Muir.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Okay what is this "pen and a phone" thing I keep hearing about?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Sir Rolo posted:

A black man who had no formal power over United States politics is preferable to the black man who does. - Chris Muir, 2014

e: And yes, the guy who got assassinated totally had the full support of America. :rolleyes:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The Iron Rose posted:

Obama has commented that he has "a pen and a phone" and can take action on particular issues when the Congress is deadlocked and no progress is being made at all - effectively it bypasses Congress, though the orders can be found invalid or later given Congressional approval. It's called an Executive Order and Obama is far from the first to make use of them (that would be George Washington, one of those "infallible" Founding Fathers), but of course the angle being pushed here by critics is that he's arrogant and power mad and bypassing the Constitution.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

The Iron Rose posted:

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2014/01/14/obama-on-executive-actions-ive-got-a-pen-and-ive-got-a-phone/

• Locked thread