Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Caged posted:

Wait until you see per-port licensing on FC switches. All the hardware is already there, but you need the feature licences to turn them on.

Now that poo poo is beyond infuriating. I can wrap my head around unlocking 'advanced features' or something (just barely) but just to turn on the physical ports I've already purchased just makes me insane in the head.

GanjamonII posted:

Thing pissing me off right now: The cost of Cisco licensing borders on criminal. Yet we will purchase it anyway. I suspect we are paying more in license fees at this point than in hardware.

Yes, I'm new to this side of the fence.

"Enterprise" software licensing can often have an 80%+ profit margin. It's a major source of revenue. My company makes both hardware products and software. We get beat up pretty bad on hardware as there are other vendors in our space and we're all trying to sell to the same large companies.

I sit next to a small team of developers that work on a very lucrative software solution we sell and it doesn't matter if we sell 1,000 licenses or 10,000,000 licenses, the same 10 folks are going to be working on it. The more we sell, the higher the percentage of each dollar in sales is profit, AND if someone wants us to customize our software a bit, we get to charge them professional services fees to do so!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Oh god my family does / did this for the longest time and I assumed it was the correct pronunciation for awhile. I figured it out sometime in high school and have been correcting the poo poo out of it and it pissed the ever loving poo poo out of me. I have everyone but my grandfather and grandmother saying it correctly. I had my other grandmother pronouncing it right but nope she decided to start dating again and her boyfriend insists that is LABTOP, so she's started it up again and telling me how worthless school is then asks me to fix her "lab top". I just hope no one else starts that poo poo back up.

I found a computer called labtopNameOfLocation.

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

Licenses to unlock features that already exist in the hardware you've bought is a thing in electronics engineering equipment as well. For example an oscilloscope that has a 100mhz bandwidth but will only give you access to 50mhz without a license or a 5 digit multimeter that will only display 4 unless it has a license. It certainly makes sense from a manufacturing cost perspective but it's rather annoying to know that the hardware can do significantly more than what it's doing.

Pretty sure there's talk of doing this to cars as well. They will all come with a big display but you will have to buy a navigation license or backup camera license or entertainment license to make those parts work.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I think that's what pisses people off the most about it - the end result is exactly the same as if bits of hardware had been left out, but the fact they are inside and locked away behind a license just comes across as more of a dick move. Especially since they won't be losing money on the lower end units with bits of hardware turned off.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
We aren't going to get taken out by an asteroid or global warming, we will be nickel and dimed to death by the inexorable spread of paying for every single aspect of one's life. If we're still walking in twenty years expect to pay more to walk on the shady side of the loving street.

evol262
Nov 30, 2010
#!/usr/bin/perl

Caged posted:

Wait until you see per-port licensing on FC switches. All the hardware is already there, but you need the feature licences to turn them on.

Wait until you see mainframes, which always ship with max config but CPUs crippled (so they don't count for licensing because they're missing one instruction) and everything disabled until you pay IBM for every byte of memory you want enabled.

E:

Beaten to it

mysteryberto
Apr 25, 2006
IIAM

dorkanoid posted:

Yeah, it sucks :( We use Check Point Connectra for our VPN (not my choice) which at the moment requires being added to the site list, and invokes two "allow/block" prompts.

I've started using a Linux VM and the command line version of the Connectra SNX software just so I can avoid that...

The exception list is stored per user in the appdata folder.

You can also create a deployment properties file and store it in C:\windows\sun\java\java. This file can include an exception list file location and also suppress the forced update warnings every time Java is updated to the new version.

Alternatively you can use rule sets if you have a certificate from a CA:
https://blogs.oracle.com/java-platform-group/entry/introducing_deployment_rule_sets

Really this all boils down to a bunch of old applications that are dependent on old versions of Java or old Java security rules. For months applications that were going to be blocked displayed warnings in red letters "this app will be blocked in a future release fix your poo poo". People kept ignoring it and now it's a big issue.

QuiteEasilyDone
Jul 2, 2010

Won't you play with me?
People that won't do a readback after a long string of information being entered in either over radio or over the phone. ESPECIALLY when there's questionable call quality.

In a similar vein, stop inventing stupid ways of phonetically spelling everything. I will mail overnight you the standard NATO chart so I don't have to figure out if you said Dog, Cog, Frog (it was actually B for Blog)over your static laden connection.

The Mattybee
Sep 15, 2007

despair.

QuiteEasilyDone posted:

People that won't do a readback after a long string of information being entered in either over radio or over the phone. ESPECIALLY when there's questionable call quality.

In a similar vein, stop inventing stupid ways of phonetically spelling everything. I will mail overnight you the standard NATO chart so I don't have to figure out if you said Dog, Cog, Frog (it was actually B for Blog)over your static laden connection.

It could be worse; in a call center once, I had someone say "B as in Bexas." I had to get them to confirm multiple times, and eventually asked "B as in Boy?" "Yes."

mewse
May 2, 2006

M as in Mancy

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

pixaal posted:

Oh god my family does / did this for the longest time and I assumed it was the correct pronunciation for awhile. I figured it out sometime in high school and have been correcting the poo poo out of it and it pissed the ever loving poo poo out of me. I have everyone but my grandfather and grandmother saying it correctly. I had my other grandmother pronouncing it right but nope she decided to start dating again and her boyfriend insists that is LABTOP, so she's started it up again and telling me how worthless school is then asks me to fix her "lab top". I just hope no one else starts that poo poo back up.

As someone who sees the world in terms of logic, as I'm sure many of you do, the fact that people do this boggles my mind. All you have to do is ask "why?" Why is it called what it is called? Do you think it's called a labtop? Why? Does it sit on top of a laboratory? Well gently caress that doesn't make any sense. Is it called a laptop? Why? Because it can sit on top of a lap? Hey, that makes perfect loving sense! It's a small computer that can fit on top of your lap! MYSTERY loving SOLVED.

Two options, which makes more sense? The people who don't think this way are so alien to me, it drives me batty.

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

mysteryberto posted:

The exception list is stored per user in the appdata folder.

You can also create a deployment properties file and store it in C:\windows\sun\java\java. This file can include an exception list file location and also suppress the forced update warnings every time Java is updated to the new version.

Alternatively you can use rule sets if you have a certificate from a CA:
https://blogs.oracle.com/java-platform-group/entry/introducing_deployment_rule_sets

Really this all boils down to a bunch of old applications that are dependent on old versions of Java or old Java security rules. For months applications that were going to be blocked displayed warnings in red letters "this app will be blocked in a future release fix your poo poo". People kept ignoring it and now it's a big issue.

I'm not in IT, but nobody uses CheckPoint from their office computers, so it's a bit trickier than just having an exception list deployed to everyone.

Anyhow, I also found that after R51 had been installed, reverting to R45 did not help at all - the site list was necessary even then.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

goobernoodles posted:

My spidey-sense for sales people grows stronger by the day...

Do you suppose that Rebecca the asles agent sits down on her first week in the job and hadnwrites hundreds of these?

That's like cold-calling and writing lines on the blackboard combined

Galler posted:

Licenses to unlock features that already exist in the hardware you've bought is a thing in electronics engineering equipment as well. For example an oscilloscope that has a 100mhz bandwidth but will only give you access to 50mhz without a license or a 5 digit multimeter that will only display 4 unless it has a license. It certainly makes sense from a manufacturing cost perspective but it's rather annoying to know that the hardware can do significantly more than what it's doing.

Pretty sure there's talk of doing this to cars as well. They will all come with a big display but you will have to buy a navigation license or backup camera license or entertainment license to make those parts work.

Or car brands where they sell multiple models with the same engine but with different HP - which can be unlocked in the ECU

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

spog posted:

Or car brands where they sell multiple models with the same engine but with different HP - which can be unlocked in the ECU

My 2004 Saab 9-3 had this. Since the throttle body was electronic, all that was needed to add cruise control was to replace the turn signal stalk with one that had the switches for cruise control on it, and activate the feature in the ECU. On older cars you had to have vacuum pumps, chains, mechanisms, wires etc to actually pull down the throttle pedal and keep the throttle body open.

Same thing with an Aux port for the stereo. The functions were already there in the stereo, I just had to plug the wire that had the actual headphone plug into the back of the car stereo, and the dealer had to activate the function.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Literally as I type this I am listening to the manager I was complaining about yesterday tell a guy that if he needs to go to the loo to tell him. Oh dear, this isn't making me want to stay. That's toxic as gently caress.

Plus side, salary review in 40 minutes. Lets hope they give me that raise I want so i'm not the lowest paid person in the company, otherwise i'm going to :yotj:

HalloKitty
Sep 30, 2005

Adjust the bass and let the Alpine blast

evobatman posted:

My 2004 Saab 9-3 had this. Since the throttle body was electronic, all that was needed to add cruise control was to replace the turn signal stalk with one that had the switches for cruise control on it, and activate the feature in the ECU. On older cars you had to have vacuum pumps, chains, mechanisms, wires etc to actually pull down the throttle pedal and keep the throttle body open.

Same thing with an Aux port for the stereo. The functions were already there in the stereo, I just had to plug the wire that had the actual headphone plug into the back of the car stereo, and the dealer had to activate the function.

A lot of modern cars have features that are there but are deactivated, artificial price point segmentation.

My car is the base model in the range, but by replacing the indicator stalk with one that has 3 buttons in it (no tools, literally pull it out and push the new one in), and enabling cruise in software (using an OBDII connector and some proprietary software), I have cruise. The light is already there on the dash.

On the same line, playing with the software, I also can now lower and raise the windows using the remote, which I couldn't before. I can have the lights stay on for a short time when I get home in the dark - which again, didn't have before. Both my electric windows (front) are now fully automatic up and down.

There's a lot of crap you can do if you have the right software, basically.

rolleyes
Nov 16, 2006

Sometimes you have to roll the hard... two?

dogstile posted:

Literally as I type this I am listening to the manager I was complaining about yesterday tell a guy that if he needs to go to the loo to tell him. Oh dear, this isn't making me want to stay. That's toxic as gently caress.

Plus side, salary review in 40 minutes. Lets hope they give me that raise I want so i'm not the lowest paid person in the company, otherwise i'm going to :yotj:

Is she actually a real manager or just someone in a similar position with a bit more seniority? I'm asking as even the most elementary management training tells you that micromanagement (especially to that degree) destroys trust and morale. You shouldn't even need training for that since it's pretty much common sense, but here we are.

Basically, is she just drunk on the limited amount of power she has?

Verizian
Dec 18, 2004
The spiky one.

dogstile posted:

"Hey boss, gonna go take a massive poo poo now. May be a while as there's been blood and weird green chunks in it for a few weeks but my doc says I just need to use softer TP and stop eating so many sugar-free lime gummi bears."

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

rolleyes posted:

Is she actually a real manager or just someone in a similar position with a bit more seniority? I'm asking as even the most elementary management training tells you that micromanagement (especially to that degree) destroys trust and morale. You shouldn't even need training for that since it's pretty much common sense, but here we are.

Basically, is she just drunk on the limited amount of power she has?

He's just a knob when he's in a bad mood and the guy is his target. They're a real manager, they manage :siren:advanced support:siren: while we're just the peons working first line (unless its a database issue, its our job to fix it).

So yeah, power drunk.

Verizian posted:

"Hey boss, gonna go take a massive poo poo now. May be a while as there's been blood and weird green chunks in it for a few weeks but my doc says I just need to use softer TP and stop eating so many sugar-free lime gummi bears."

A variant of this was said 10 minutes after he was told he needed to let him know. I told him to keep at it, being passive aggressive to the point of them getting tired of it is satisfying and you're not gonna get chewed out because you're doing exactly what they said.

Smoke
Mar 12, 2005

I am NOT a red Bumblebee for god's sake!

Gun Saliva

QuiteEasilyDone posted:

I work in a callcenter(Senior/Expert position so I don't take calls but do spend time doing QM among other things) and I have coworkers who do this all the time. Every time I hear one of them not using NATO I send them a message on Lync with a link to the chart. It's been surprisingly effective. Of course, most customers don't know about NATO and will invent their own methods.

I also make it a point to include this stuff on evaluations, especially the readback or just properly chopping up bits of information. Keeps calltimes low and limits the amount of callbacks.

you ate my cat
Jul 1, 2007

A guy I work with uses town/region names from the state we're in.

"Ok that's Y like Youghiogheny....."

At least it's not E like eye, K like knife, P like pterodactyl I guess.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Well, didn't get the raise, the closest thing is a £40 bonus that I don't even get now that can be taken away each month if i'm late/sick. I'm 8 months away from getting an actual raise. When I took the job I was told I got a salary review every 3 months and that each time it would go up, which is why it started out low pay, which I was originally suspicious of.

Should have gone with my gut feeling, but i'd been out of a job for 7 months and was kind of desperate. gently caress today.

VVVVV

Exactly, he should have just said no. I have a feeling I would have handled a no far better than a "here you go peon, have some scraps".

dogstile fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Jan 23, 2014

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

A piss take bonus is worse than no bonus.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

Che Delilas posted:

As someone who sees the world in terms of logic, as I'm sure many of you do, the fact that people do this boggles my mind. All you have to do is ask "why?" Why is it called what it is called? Do you think it's called a labtop? Why? Does it sit on top of a laboratory? Well gently caress that doesn't make any sense. Is it called a laptop? Why? Because it can sit on top of a lap? Hey, that makes perfect loving sense! It's a small computer that can fit on top of your lap! MYSTERY loving SOLVED.

Two options, which makes more sense? The people who don't think this way are so alien to me, it drives me batty.

Some old Engineer kept calling his laptop a labtop, and then he said back in the 70's or 80's they made lab-tops that sat 'on top of your laboratory table' and that's why they were called that. I wonder if you spent an hour Googling old magazines or something if that turns out to be a real thing.

HalloKitty
Sep 30, 2005

Bob Morales posted:

Some old Engineer kept calling his laptop a labtop, and then he said back in the 70's or 80's they made lab-tops that sat 'on top of your laboratory table' and that's why they were called that. I wonder if you spent an hour Googling old magazines or something if that turns out to be a real thing.

Sounds like a man trying to save face, honestly.
The whole point of the word "laptop" is that is meant to convey portability.
Why the hell would they market a portable machine for its ability to be used on a bench, in a laboratory, no doubt close to a power socket.
Sounds a shitload like a "desktop" to me.

rolleyes
Nov 16, 2006

Sometimes you have to roll the hard... two?

dogstile posted:

He's just a knob...

Could've sworn you said it was a she before, pity my terrible memory. Ah well, being a knob is gender neutral, despite the term.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

I once had a user call me up complaining that her patlet wouldn't turn on. We got a few rounds into 20 Questions before I realized she meant laptop. Still not sure if I can chalk that one up to dyslexia or if she was possibly mid-stroke.

Megaman
May 8, 2004
I didn't read the thread BUT...

Tab8715 posted:

Can't use any software that's not already on your machine. Open Source software is a security and legal liability.

No notepad++ for you. :smith:

I know this is on the first page but I just had to say that I've heard this before so many times, and it only comes from what's known as "corporate service people". The phrease "Open Source software is a security and legal liability" translates very clearly to "I know absolutely nothing about software and security, and this is a generic statement I'm using that someone told me to say to you when you ask me if you can install something better than what I gave you which is most likely total poo poo we had to spend a ton of money on and probably doesn't work the way you want."

evol262
Nov 30, 2010
#!/usr/bin/perl

HalloKitty posted:

A lot of modern cars have features that are there but are deactivated, artificial price point segmentation.

My car is the base model in the range, but by replacing the indicator stalk with one that has 3 buttons in it (no tools, literally pull it out and push the new one in), and enabling cruise in software (using an OBDII connector and some proprietary software), I have cruise. The light is already there on the dash.

On the same line, playing with the software, I also can now lower and raise the windows using the remote, which I couldn't before. I can have the lights stay on for a short time when I get home in the dark - which again, didn't have before. Both my electric windows (front) are now fully automatic up and down.

There's a lot of crap you can do if you have the right software, basically.

Where do you even find alternative software to flash?

Powdered Toast Man
Jan 25, 2005

TOAST-A-RIFIC!!!

mewse posted:

M as in Mancy

B AS IN BUTTHOLE

I'm doing a security audit today. The results aren't looking pretty so far. :suicide:

Megaman
May 8, 2004
I didn't read the thread BUT...

evol262 posted:

Gnash and lightspark?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

evol262 posted:

It's not really flashing anything, you're using a program that understands your car to change values stored in a sort of database.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

rolleyes posted:

Could've sworn you said it was a she before, pity my terrible memory. Ah well, being a knob is gender neutral, despite the term.

Don't worry about it, you had a 50/50 chance and got it wrong, its not like you had any real way to check :shrug: But yes, being a knob is indeed gender neutral, unfortunately. If it was restricted to one gender I could at least have an easier time verifying potential knobs! :unsmith:

HalloKitty
Sep 30, 2005

evol262 posted:

I was trying to make it general, but to be specific about it, my car is a Vauxhall Astra H (so, Opel - built in 2007), and there's a nice cheap Chinese clone of some expensive Opel specific diagnostic kit called "opcom" that can be bought on ebay. They often ship it with some software which you run on a Windows machine. So essentially, the setup looks like a black box that plugs into my OBDII connector, a USB port on the other end that goes into my Windows laptop, and some slightly ghetto looking software.

You can see all kinds of values, it works with a lot of models, you can output logs, but crucially, you can go into specific ECUs (one in the steering column, the main one, one in the rear, etc.) and see fault codes, and change values. The software was fairly friendly to use, with drop downs to select values from, as opposed to just letting you write garbage strings which would probably result in misery. This specific car uses CANBUS as its network, but I know the previous version of this car, it had a different standard, and you could do crazy things - change the mileage (trivially) and remap the car for better performance, so you could quite literally download a faster car. I don't really know how to do that on my current car, and I doubt there's much more performance to be wrung from a small diesel anyway. But the cruise and the other niceties were well worth the £20~ I paid for the kit.

vvv Haha, so true

HalloKitty fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Jan 23, 2014

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

If you have a VW or an Audi then it uses a system called VAG-COM which will never not be hilarious.

CollegeCop
Jul 11, 2005

You're right. I'm not a real cop. Those are imaginary handcuffs. And in a minute, we'll be going to the make-believe jail.

pixaal posted:

Several years ago I made some good money buying electronics on ebay and reselling them for a profit. Mostly this involved buying PDAs with broken screens, replacing the screens, and reselling them. My biggest return on investment, however, was on items where the seller had no idea what they had (or didn't understand how easy it was to fix something they considered "broken"). These items were often mis-categorized or mis-labeled. There were several search terms that could almost guarantee good results. One of the top ones was "labtop"

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Galler posted:

Honestly I would kind of prefer that over them just leaving hardware out/having to swap out head units and whatever.

Then again I don't own a car so what do I know.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

CollegeCop posted:

Several years ago I made some good money buying electronics on ebay and reselling them for a profit. Mostly this involved buying PDAs with broken screens, replacing the screens, and reselling them. My biggest return on investment, however, was on items where the seller had no idea what they had (or didn't understand how easy it was to fix something they considered "broken"). These items were often mis-categorized or mis-labeled. There were several search terms that could almost guarantee good results. One of the top ones was "labtop"

There used to be a website that would convert your search term into common eBay misspellings and search the site for you.

Bohemian Cowabunga
Mar 24, 2008

Index Time EntryType Source InstanceID Message
----- ---- --------- ------ ---------- -------
3145302 jan 23 14:48 Warning VMware Tools 1000 [ warning] [vmusr:vmusr] Error in the RPC receive loop: RpcIn: Unable to send....
3145301 jan 23 14:48 Warning VMware Tools 1000 [ warning] [vmusr:vmusr] Error in the RPC receive loop: RpcIn: Unable to send....
3145300 jan 23 14:48 Warning VMware Tools 1000 [ warning] [vmusr:vmusr] Error in the RPC receive loop: RpcIn: Unable to send....
3145299 jan 23 14:48 Warning VMware Tools 1000 [ warning] [vmusr:vmusr] Error in the RPC receive loop: RpcIn: Unable to send....
3145298 jan 23 14:48 Warning VMware Tools 1000 [ warning] [vmusr:vmusr] Error in the RPC receive loop: RpcIn: Unable to send....
3145297 jan 23 14:48 Warning VMware Tools 1000 [ warning] [vmusr:vmusr] Error in the RPC receive loop: RpcIn: Unable to send....
3145296 jan 23 14:48 Warning VMware Tools 1000 [ warning] [vmusr:vmusr] Error in the RPC receive loop: RpcIn: Unable to send....
3145295 jan 23 14:48 Warning VMware Tools 1000 [ warning] [vmusr:vmusr] Error in the RPC receive loop: RpcIn: Unable to send....
3145294 jan 23 14:48 Warning VMware Tools 1000 [ warning] [vmusr:vmusr] Error in the RPC receive loop: RpcIn: Unable to send....
3145293 jan 23 14:48 Warning VMware Tools 1000 [ warning] [vmusr:vmusr] Error in the RPC receive loop: RpcIn: Unable to send....
3145292 jan 23 14:48 Warning VMware Tools 1000 [ warning] [vmusr:vmusr] Error in the RPC receive loop: RpcIn: Unable to send....
3145291 jan 23 14:48 Warning VMware Tools 1000 [ warning] [vmusr:vmusr] Error in the RPC receive loop: RpcIn: Unable to send....
3145290 jan 23 14:48 Warning VMware Tools 1000 [ warning] [vmusr:vmusr] Error in the RPC receive loop: RpcIn: Unable to send....
3145289 jan 23 14:48 Warning VMware Tools 1000 [ warning] [vmusr:vmusr] Error in the RPC receive loop: RpcIn: Unable to send....
3145288 jan 23 14:48 Warning VMware Tools 1000 [ warning] [vmusr:vmusr] Error in the RPC receive loop: RpcIn: Unable to send....
3145287 jan 23 14:48 Warning VMware Tools 1000 [ warning] [vmusr:vmusr] Error in the RPC receive loop: RpcIn: Unable to send....
3145286 jan 23 14:48 Warning VMware Tools 1000 [ warning] [vmusr:vmusr] Error in the RPC receive loop: RpcIn: Unable to send....
3145285 jan 23 14:48 Warning VMware Tools 1000 [ warning] [vmusr:vmusr] Error in the RPC receive loop: RpcIn: Unable to send....
3145284 jan 23 14:48 Warning VMware Tools 1000 [ warning] [vmusr:vmusr] Error in the RPC receive loop: RpcIn: Unable to send....
3145283 jan 23 14:48 Warning VMware Tools 1000 [ warning] [vmusr:vmusr] Error in the RPC receive loop: RpcIn: Unable to send....
3145282 jan 23 14:48 Warning VMware Tools 1000 [ warning] [vmusr:vmusr] Error in the RPC receive loop: RpcIn: Unable to send....
3145281 jan 23 14:48 Warning VMware Tools 1000 [ warning] [vmusr:vmusr] Error in the RPC receive loop: RpcIn: Unable to send....
3145280 jan 23 14:48 Warning VMware Tools 1000 [ warning] [vmusr:vmusr] Error in the RPC receive loop: RpcIn: Unable to send....
3145279 jan 23 14:48 Warning VMware Tools 1000 [ warning] [vmusr:vmusr] Error in the RPC receive loop: RpcIn: Unable to send...

:argh: http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=2036350

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Caged posted:

There used to be a website that would convert your search term into common eBay misspellings and search the site for you.

I think stuff like this lost its effectiveness when Ebay started to do this for their searches. they changed something on their end to make it search for the misspellings too. It why you now get crap in your search that does not match at all.