Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.
Plott hounds are brindle, but I dunno how common they are in your area. His size and looks just have something houndy to them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bananaquiter
Aug 20, 2008

Ron's not here.

Looks like a catahoula/pit mix I know, mixed with a cattle dog.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.
Golden Retrievers carry brindle. Brindle can show up in all kinds of ridiculous mixes :)

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.
Well aren't you just a GENE-ius. :colbert:

what I did there

do you see it?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

This is Doug, a (supposed) Pug - Border Collie mix. We picked him up from the local shelter in November. He's currently 1 year 8 months.

He's not growling there, his upper lip gets caught on his teeth sometimes.

He spends most of his time on on a couch, watching us.

You can sort of see his curly tail in this photo, which is where the shelter got the Pug part of him from.

We think he actually has some hound dog in him, given the way he was tracking in the snow during christmas break, but honestly I think I see something new every time I look at him. Either way, he's cool.

AvianPundit
Feb 14, 2013

Lollercide
A lot of people go by the coloring when they mull over what mix of breeds a dog could be.

Definitely pug, methinks, but I'm seeing more pointer than border collie because of his muzzle. I'd ask what his energy level is like, but both BCs and pointers are high energy...

OMG his eyes are adorable!

AvianPundit fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Jan 15, 2014

Max
Nov 30, 2002

AvianPundit posted:

A lot of people go by the coloring when they mull over what mix of breeds a dog could be.

Definitely pug, methinks, but I'm seeing more pointer than border collie (which could result in that coat pattern as well). I'd ask what his energy level is like, but both BCs and pointers are high energy...

Pretty low energy. He's pretty active in the morning when he wakes up, but after a walk he magically turns into a potato for a while.

AvianPundit
Feb 14, 2013

Lollercide

Max posted:

Pretty low energy. He's pretty active in the morning when he wakes up, but after a walk he magically turns into a potato for a while.

Because pug.

And he's acclimating to a new environment.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

AvianPundit posted:

Because pug.

And he's acclimating to a new environment.

Yup.

He does have really expressive eyes, you're right. Unless he's tired, in which case he just gives you this 1000 yard stare.

Edit: The more I read about pointers, the more I realize he's mixed with that.

Max fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Jan 16, 2014

Captain Foxy
Jun 13, 2007

I love Hitler and Hitler loves me! He's not all bad, Hitler just needs someone to believe in him! Can't you just give Hitler a chance?

Quality Pugamutes now available, APR/APRI/NKC approved breeder. PM for details.
How big is he? Badly bred beagles can sometimes be black and white (or tri with minimal tan) and a pug/beagle is a likely mix. I don't really see pointer or border collie aside from coloration, but if he's larger that could be the case.

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor
So I have a big orange dog and have had him for years and I have no clue what he is.

Ishkibibble_Fish
Feb 14, 2008

BananaHam:
1 part treefruit
1 part mud ungulate

wargames posted:

So I have a big orange dog and have had him for years and I have no clue what he is.

I see Shar Pei and Lab, possibly GSD as well looking at the last pic. I could be totally off the mark though. I do know I wanna squish dat dawg.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Captain Foxy posted:

How big is he? Badly bred beagles can sometimes be black and white (or tri with minimal tan) and a pug/beagle is a likely mix. I don't really see pointer or border collie aside from coloration, but if he's larger that could be the case.

Are gray beagles considered badly bred or are they an accepted coloration? Saw one for the first time the other day, and thought it was gorgeous.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

wargames posted:

"Awesome"?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
He looks like he's seen the elephant.

Stray?

Captain Foxy
Jun 13, 2007

I love Hitler and Hitler loves me! He's not all bad, Hitler just needs someone to believe in him! Can't you just give Hitler a chance?

Slugworth posted:

Are gray beagles considered badly bred or are they an accepted coloration? Saw one for the first time the other day, and thought it was gorgeous.

With any 'rare' color it's usually the product of a lovely breeder, yeah. There's a few exceptions (fluffy corgis, white GSDs popping up in normal litters, etc), but mostly it's a thing done for aesthetics.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Friends adopted these little guys and had an adoption drive for them on Saturday. They're indian street dogs so god knows what went in to them. All were adopted and all are absolutely precious.

This is a video of their first time on grass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNYZ6Y2cIhY

Same litter so who knows.

Boz0r
Sep 7, 2006
The Rocketship in action.
What kind of a dog is this?

a life less
Jul 12, 2009

We are healthy only to the extent that our ideas are humane.

Samoyed.

mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009

bongoyed

crowtribe
Apr 2, 2013

I'm noice, therefore I am.
Grimey Drawer
We started fostering this jerkwad, Buddy:

He's pretty chill. Around ~11 months old and never really been had any training though. We've only had him 5 days, but we've got sit and down (lie down) pretty solidly so far.

He's bashed in the flyscreen on the back and laundry doors trying to get at the cats - not sure if in an aggressive way or just wants to play way. Time will tell. We've given him pigs ears and a cow's hoof to chew on but he seems to ignore any of the KONG toys or rubber puzzle bones we got him. Also he likes to dig in my garden bed and sit on my chilli plants :argh: .

He's a staffy x something. In Australia, just about everything's a staffy.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Looks like a perfect dog.

Tad Naff
Jul 8, 2004

I told you you'd be sorry buying an emoticon, but no, you were hung over. Well look at you now. It's not catching on at all!
:backtowork:
Hello!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

aurasuvi
May 14, 2009

AvianPundit posted:

Definitely pug, methinks, but I'm seeing more pointer than border collie because of his muzzle. I'd ask what his energy level is like, but both BCs and pointers are high energy...

Pug, or Boston Terrier? Most Pug mixes I've seen have shorter muzzles but Bostons have a much wider (heh) range of muzzle length.

Edit: the dog in the post above me is an awesome-looking dog.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Ack, looks so friendly

6-Ethyl Bearcat
Apr 27, 2008

Go out

Dog is actually Hairy Maclary.

crowtribe
Apr 2, 2013

I'm noice, therefore I am.
Grimey Drawer
Please find that dog a little ammo bandolier and update soon.

Pristine Shits
Dec 11, 2004

This is Holly! We finally got her from a rescue org - they found her on the street with a pretty gruesome embedded collar but she is recovering quickly from her surgery, and very sweet. No clue about breed - maybe GSD/pit mix? She is listed on her vet forms as HOUND X so who knows.

Pristine Shits fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Feb 1, 2014

6-Ethyl Bearcat
Apr 27, 2008

Go out
OMG I didn't notice until the last picture that she has really little stumpy legs. :3:

Maybe she's a Bassett Hound cross? She does have very houndy ears. You'd probably be able to tell from her behaviour pretty quickly if she has hound in her. (Food- and smell-oriented, generally pretty friendly but also stubborn.)

kimbolily
Apr 19, 2012
Please Work Out.
There's something a little beagle-y about the ears and she reminds me of a beagle mix I grew up around.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Beagle Dachshund?

Littlepuppingtoto
Dec 24, 2009
I have a big mutt!
We have no idea what he is. He's an idiot (but a lovable idiot!). We've been told maybe lab/rottweiler? When he was a baby, the vet said maybe bernese mountain dog, but he's nowhere near big enough (~65 pounds fully grown). Also maybe some beagle. He's mastered the "guilty" look.

He also insists on sleeping with a pillow and blanket. It's pretty cute, but not so much when he adjusts in the middle of the night and wakes us both up.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Littlepuppingtoto posted:

He also insists on sleeping with a pillow and blanket. It's pretty cute, but not so much when he adjusts in the middle of the night and wakes us both up.

That's amazing.

We just had a son and now I know for sure our silent mutt actually knows how to bark (she barked at the door when I wasn't around and she was alone with mom and kid).
She also jumped on the bed (after 6 months of being a good doge about not doing that) so she could look at our son, then jumped straight back down when told.

All in all, extremely pleased, A+++ would mutt again.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Need more mutt updates pls.

Silver Nitrate
Oct 17, 2005

WHAT
Wrong thread whoops

Sutureself
Sep 23, 2007

Well, here's my answer...
Parents trying to get Barkley in the same pose 5 years later. (I miss this dog so much; gotta visit them again soon...)

loldance
Nov 30, 2005

It's laundry day; I'm down to my priest outfit.
I recently adopted this mutt. Her name is Moss. She's full grown, 1-2 years old, weighs probably 40lbs. She has a wiry coat. Not sure what she's mutted up with.

Captain Foxy
Jun 13, 2007

That is a crazy awesome lookin dog. I wanna go with Airedale/Aussie or possibly Aussie/JRT because I'm seeing a lot of terrier in that face shape, but I have no idea.

6-Ethyl Bearcat
Apr 27, 2008

Go out
I'm gonna throw out the improbability of poodle x Aussie or Catahoula.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sutureself
Sep 23, 2007

Well, here's my answer...
Is that roan and brindle? What the hell do you call that coat? That's a pretty rad dog.