Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Someone needs this as a namechange, stat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Just go ahead and start selling that TOKE shirt :allears:

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Oh thank god, we've hit peak political cartoon. Now we can shut the whole institution down.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

That guy should not sit that close to his 40-inch monitor. It's already degraded his eyesight so much he can only see one headline on it at a time!

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Maybe everyone in Paynewold is severely myopic? That would explain the enormous bumper stickers as well.

Also lol at the Herman Cain rear end-grab in that Bagley cartoon

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

Sort of suprised he managed to keep himself from drawing a bumper sticker on that car though.

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Nuclearmonkee posted:

Christians suck at stronghold? That's the only message I get here. They've got a stone castle vs a sand one and are still gonna lose.
Not only that, the Christian's cannons are pointed in every direction except at their enemy's castle, whereas the Humanists are smartly focusing their fire on the foundations. I suspect that the cartoonist is trying rebuke his fellow evangelicals for their unfocused defense against secularism.

Bender
May 12, 2001

Fun Shoe

A Tinsley wet dream.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Would totally watch a stoner flick with Bill Clinton in it.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

It's like a contest to see which female Democrat Branco holds the most seething hatred for.

Though the second one actually manages to be somewhat less terrifying than the actual NYT Magazine cover :stare:

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Mister Beeg posted:

I think I know the comic you're talking about. It's this one, right?

(Is the Japanese guy trying to grab his wife's breasts with chopsticks?)

Congratulations! You've just saved me the time and effort of having this cartoon telegraphed by phone across eight different states!

Also I'm pretty sure that African caricature doesn't really go away in Prohias material.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Ego the Living Planet, nooooo :ohdear:

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

JaggerMcDagger posted:

Also, I don't have enough time at the moment to quote mine, but I would like to point out that ted rall's latest blog post is entitled
SYNDICATED COLUMN: End the Death Penalty. Allow Vigilantism.

I'm pretty sure they haven't been allowed to for awhile now.

mr Scoop
Feb 13, 2006

Help! Someone! Cut my head off, it's trying to murder the rest of me!

Grimey Drawer

Monkey Fracas posted:

Would totally watch a stoner flick with Bill Clinton in it.

Harold and Kumar go to Whitewater

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Given that Warren drop-kicked conservative boy wonder Scott Brown through the uprights, she would have advice to give.

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

The Worldwide Deadly Gangster Communist President

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Oh thank god, we've hit peak political cartoon. Now we can shut the whole institution down.

You say that now, but as the Freep thread so often reminds us, there is always more and it is always worse.

SuperHappy
Aug 22, 2004

feel the rhythm with your hands

colonel_korn posted:

It's like a contest to see which female Democrat Branco holds the most seething hatred for.

Nice to see that Pizzazz from the Misfits is running for mayor. I always thought she had what it takes.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Boehner says we're going over the top tonight, just after dusk, and only God in Heaven knows who will come out of it alive.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

I love how the politoon response to the "pot is not worse than booze" quote is to... just draw Obama saying that, as if it's self-evidently ridiculous and merely depicting him saying it is damning of his character. They don't realize that they're actually helping acceptance of marijuana, because usually the comparison to alcohol is one of the most successful arguments against its illegality. People who are staunchly anti-pot often come around to the "just treat it like liquor" concept, so the more widespread that concept is, the better. Especially because they tend to throw in a healthy dose of the ~wacky lazy stoner~ stereotype, which is... obviously not worse than the common alcoholic stereotypes.

Ditocoaf fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Jan 27, 2014

Wildeyes
Nov 3, 2011

I always figured (after a few people in my life told me that trying marijuana led them to try harder stuff), that weed was a gateway drug, but that it was a gateway drug because it is illegal. Once you've cleared the necessary hurdles to try one illegal drug that is widely considered safe, it's easy to disregard legality when considering whether or not to snort coke or shoot heroin for the first time.

Alien Arcana
Feb 14, 2012

You're related to soup, Admiral.

PLANET HILLARY :anime:

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Ditocoaf posted:

I love how the politoon response to the "pot is not worse than booze" quote is to... just draw Obama saying that, as if it's self-evidently ridiculous and merely depicting him saying it is damning of his character. They don't realize that they're actually helping acceptance of marijuana, because usually the comparison to alcohol is one of the most successful arguments against its illegality. People who are staunchly anti-pot often come around to the "just treat it like liquor" concept, so the more widespread that concept is, the better. Especially because they tend to throw in a healthy dose of the ~wacky lazy stoner~ stereotype, which is... obviously not worse than the common alcoholic stereotypes.

"Pot is not worse than Booze" is an evidently ridiculous statement because Obama said it. And Obama is a bad president because he said something evidently ridiculous. What is it with you liberals not understanding our logic? :smugbert:

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Wildeyes posted:

I always figured (after a few people in my life told me that trying marijuana led them to try harder stuff), that weed was a gateway drug, but that it was a gateway drug because it is illegal. Once you've cleared the necessary hurdles to try one illegal drug that is widely considered safe, it's easy to disregard legality as an issue when considering whether or not to snort coke or shoot heroin for the first time.

Yeah. Buying weed often puts you in contact with the black market, and a lot of (not the brightest) college students end up feeling dismissive of the entire concept of "drugs are bad." Programs like DARE would straight-up lie to kids about the effects of marijuana, and the instant they grow up and discover that lie, they're going to have a way easier time believing that harder drugs aren't actually bad either.

There's a psychological circle drawn around "the bad drugs that will gently caress up your life for sure", and when you include weed in that circle, it's a weak point, an easy entry past that boundary. Once you've crossed that line, it's not going to help keep you away from the harder stuff. "Hey, the water's fine". If you draw the circle where it actually makes sense, it'll be a lot more effective at keeping people out.

Ditocoaf fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Jan 27, 2014

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

MisterBadIdea posted:

This is genuinely kind of heartbreaking. You've taken the Day by Day's subtextual sadness and turned it into real pathos.
Bathos. :colbert:

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Lion of Judah protect you, Jah be praised.

Every time I keep reading that as "Planet Hilarity".

I do like how she is looking at the Benghazi comet tho. It's the look of "Wait, that comet again? it hasn't phased me yet, why is it coming again?"

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

And I like Prohias, but his work sometimes gets a little too Gene Deitch chunky-loopy for me to really find pleasing—his Castros especially, though their unpleasantness is intentional.

Yeah, Prohias's drawings does look like it came from UPA (where Deitch worked).

Ironically, UPA got into trouble by the HUAC for supposed communist ties, which led to John Hubley losing his job. Deitch himself got into trouble once because he once invited a communist friend for a party. He was able to convince them that he wasn't a communist and they dropped the charges.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
I like the caricature, but why the gently caress is he wearing a dress?

I'm also tired of those know-it-all scientists claiming below freezing temperatures no longer exist.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Man there's nothing I love more then finding a new crazy-rear end cartoonist, without further ado I introduce you fine folk to Jerry Breen!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHwCZiZLZsQ

Jerry Breen posted:

If "gun control"is the answer to gun violence, then Chicago, like New York, should have a record low homicide rate. Chicago has the same strict gun laws that New York has. But its homicide rate is at record high levels. While Mrs. Obama was attending the funeral of one teenage girl who was gunned down after attending President Obama's inauguration, the teenage daughter of a woman sitting directly behind Mrs. Obama was gunned down on the streets of Chicago. What's the difference?For the last 20 years, New York has been using computers to track patterns of violent crime and concentrating their police presence in high crime areas. Then, they stop and frisk people randomly in those neighborhoods. They check their ID on laptops in the patrol cars. They've been able to grab the parole violators and those with arrest warrants and put them away. Meanwhile, Chicago seems powerless to do anything about the uncontrolled gang violence that everyone agrees is the cause of their problem. Because they haven't even tried. And they don't have the guts to try. It shouldn't surprise anyone that Chicago's police are unwilling to confront gang violence. When have they ever done so? Did Al Capone ever lose any sleep worrying about the Chicago police? The Chicago police are a joke. Not a funny joke. Just a sick joke.

quote:

Isn't it funny . . . that Manti Te'o now says that he found out that his imaginary girlfriend wasn't really dead and wasn't really real on December 6th, 2012, but he continued to give tearful interviews about his tragic "loss" of the "love of his life" until after the voting for the Heisman trophy was over? Isn't it funny that he didn't tell Notre Dame the truth until December 26th? Isn't it funny that neither he nor Notre Dame admitted the hoax publicly until they were "outed" by deadspin.com? (The choice of words is deliberate.) Isn't it funny that he was in California, within a few miles of where his "critically injured" girlfriend was supposedly hospitalized but he couldn't find the time to visit her? Isn't it funny that the biggest stud in college football can't seem to find an actual girlfriend to hold hands with, to go on dates with, to do all those other things a healthy young "All-American" male would want to do with an actual girl? On the other hand, a "virtual" girlfriend sure is a convenient way to avoid all those annoying questions about why he doesn't have a girlfriend, isn't it? Not that there's anything wrong with that! Sure is funny, though.

quote:

Sure, Newt Gingrich is bright and articulate and full of ideas, but he's also a Grade A hypocrite. Remember his witch hunt against Bill Clinton's adultery while he himself was doing the same thing? Or how about his attacks on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac for squandering our tax money, while almost 2 million of it went right into his own pocket as a "historical consultant" for Freddie Mac? (I had no idea historians were so well paid!) Early in his Presidential campaign, Newt was contradicting himself so much that his campaign criticized the news media for quoting him. Not misquoting him, but for quoting him. I kid you not!

quote:

It seems like people keep giving Obama awards just for . . well, who knows why? Remember when he got the Nobel Peace Prize for continuing 2 wars? (Later he started a 3rd war.) Recently, Obama received the "Transparency in Government" Award, despite having one of the most secretive administrations ever (and being the most mysterious man to ever occupy the Presidency). True to his secretive ways, Obama insisted on accepting the award in an unannounced, closed-door ceremony (no cameras allowed). Seriously!

And how could we forget when Seals killed Usama!?

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

This post is hurting the economy!

No it isn't.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
'Hitler survived' conspiracy theories persist to this day - a good cartoon.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

"Hey! The President is a nig-"

That's the parallel you want to draw for your political cartoon Jerry? Son, you're on your own.

Rebochan
Feb 2, 2006

Take my evolution

:stonk:

...sigh, did someone actually say this or is it just more "IF GLOBAL WARMING WHY COLD :smuggo:"?

"You must be at least 35 to get this cartoon" = I have failed as an artist!

Wasn't there a guy on The F Plus selling a shirt like this?

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
Wow, look at the attention to detail! He drew every single curve of the United States correct, from the birdfoot of Louisiana to Pugett Sound to the upper peninsula of Michigan!

Hahaha. Loujie is at his best when he's just openly attacking Japan.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Bart wasn't useless at all though? He saved the town.

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum

XyloJW posted:

Wow, look at the attention to detail! He drew every single curve of the United States correct, from the birdfoot of Louisiana to Pugett Sound to the upper peninsula of Michigan!

Don't forget the giraffe's head that is Maine or the fact that the gulf coast looks like it's still the trigger from one of his Gunmerica cartoons.

(Alternatively, Maine has annexed a large portion of New Brunswick. Good for Maine.)

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

:smith: The fact that the thing is unplugged is such a nice touch.

I cracked up laughing at this for some reason though. That fuckin' monkey.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Internet Webguy posted:

I'm also tired of those know-it-all scientists claiming below freezing temperatures no longer exist.

Nome, Alaska, is currently mid-40s. It rained in Anchorage today. It's January.

Rick McKee is an idiot.

Also.

D.N. Nation fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Jan 27, 2014

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Xenoveritas posted:

Don't forget the giraffe's head that is Maine or the fact that the gulf coast looks like it's still the trigger from one of his Gunmerica cartoons.

(Alternatively, Maine has annexed a large portion of New Brunswick. Good for Maine.)

If I wasn't clear, I was criticizing him for clearly just using a map without permission from whatever map maker.

Usually he at least draws the map:

Silver Nitrate
Oct 17, 2005

WHAT

Discendo Vox posted:

This should be the official cartoon of the thread. What's the source?
http://www.nietzschefamilycircus.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freemason Rush Week
Apr 22, 2006

SuperHappy posted:

Nice to see that Pizzazz from the Misfits is running for mayor. I always thought she had what it takes.

We're going right to the top with this campaign! And to my detractors, I have only one thing to say:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7_4hU_DuzI

• Locked thread