Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Typical posted:

I have clearly stepped over my privileges as an employee, and Now I need to retract my statement of their being a season 2. Nothing is confirmed and please don't listen to me.

:raise:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Typical posted:

I have clearly stepped over my privileges as an employee, and Now I need to retract my statement of their being a season 2. Nothing is confirmed and please don't listen to me.

Whoops. I shouldn't have asked. Don't get yourself in trouble.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
As I was watching the rape scene I couldn't help but think of the indescribable pleasure Morty would have experienced if he had licked mr. jellybean and laughed.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Gaunab posted:

As I was watching the rape scene I couldn't help but think of the indescribable pleasure Morty would have experienced if he had licked mr. jellybean and laughed.

The only way to top this scene is to have Rick and a walking gummi bear do heinous things to one another.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Welp, I'll be at Disneyland tomorrow but hopefully it'll be up by the time I get back. Fast becoming one of my favorite shows for sure though. The only thing stopping me from buying the season on youtube is I've always been wary about redundancies in ownership, but a season 1 box set I'm pretty much a guarantee

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Typical posted:

Thanks for your participation in the thread, hope you're not in trouble over anything silly. :ohdear:

Typical
Mar 19, 2007

Everything is okay, I just really need to cut down on stuff that is hearsay and conversations that are only supposed to be at the office. And I really should't be talking on anyone's behalf. But yeah. Thread will go on. and everything will be A Okay.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Seriously though I don't think anyone posting here has had anything "bad" to say about the show, even after last week's...touchy subject matter. Give it some time once the awards start coming I guess

Alan Smithee fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Jan 27, 2014

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

What time does the new ep go up on Youtube?

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

They've been putting them up right before airtime actually.

Doink9731
May 11, 2011

I'm living in a nightmare.
Hi! I'm Mister Meeseeks! Look at me!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

You have to try to relax man.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

zoux posted:

What time does the new ep go up on Youtube?

They've been posted minutes after airing EST. They're really great about just putting them up immediately.

Chewbacca
Jan 30, 2003

Thugged out since cub scouts

zoux posted:

You have to try to relax man.

Have you ever "tried to Relax?" It's a paradox!

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Doink9731 posted:

Hi! I'm Mister Meeseeks! Look at me!

The rape scene aside (I'm not sure how I feel about it... the ending batman moment really has made it hard for me to hate it because it did end up showing that Rick really does love Morty even if there are other ways it could have been done) I think that this was one of the best episodes of a fantastic show.

The Meeseeks are a fantastic deconstruction of a classic fantasy/alien servant race that legitimately only exist to be slaves or serve a purpose (reminds me a bit of the Ood) and are a highlight of this show for me.

They just want to die, they hate existing so they serve their purpose so they can die... so brilliant.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

This show is nihilistic as hell and I love it.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

zoux posted:

This show is nihilistic as hell and I love it.

As someone who started watching Doctor Who's Moffet Era because of my girlfriend and found myself starting to hate it because it was "wacky reckless abandon without any consequences" and watched the first new series season and loved it because it showed a man tortured about his choices... this show is perfect.

It is raw, real, and funny. I also really love Jerry because even though he is meant to be an absolute loser I always forget that and think he has way more poo poo given to him than is actually deserved.

To be fair his wife being a teenage mother who became a veterinary surgeon is something really hard to measure up to. Bringing up that she is a horse cardiac surgeon is not something that makes her less impressive...

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Break the cycle. Rise above. Focus on science.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

"You won't believe this because it usually doesn't happen, but I made a mistake." I really like Rick for these moments.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Hey Ma, who's that band I like? Oh yeah, Hall & Oates.
My DVR decided this wasn't a new episode. Thankfully I caught it and manually recorded. What the gently caress, Cox?

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
"Sometimes Science is more Art than Science."

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

PicklePants posted:

"Sometimes Science is more Art than Science."

Reminds me of the Venture Brothers episode "Operation P.R.O.M."

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Holy gently caress

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Haha, he actually swerved just to hit one of them.

Also Ernest Hemingway? I don't get it.

Edit
How the hell are they going to fix this?

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

xanthan posted:

Haha, he actually swerved just to hit one of them.

Also Ernest Hemingway? I don't get it.

He killed himself with a shotgun in the mouth.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
Never thought I'd ever hear Cronenberg used as a verb AND a noun.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Wow. That was certainly an ending.

How is Rick so chill about this?

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

xanthan posted:

He's insane?

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
Holy poo poo.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Hey Ma, who's that band I like? Oh yeah, Hall & Oates.
That is the darkest loving ending of anything, ever.

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark
This is loving dark as poo poo. Wow

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
Wow. That ending was just completely magical.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
We only get three or four more of these.

:v:

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
Well that stinger took away some of the brunt from the ending.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

That was disturbing.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Nice ending, but couldn't they have just gone to an AU where the cure worked and everyone lived, and just took the cure back with them?

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

xanthan posted:

And perpetually drunk.

Plus this probably wasn't his first time finding a clean slate dimension.

Y Signal
Feb 17, 2009

I love you, Tiger Millionaire.
Seeing Morty's parents happy. :smith:

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.
The best part about Rick & Morty is how purposefully misleading and disingenuous it's promos are. Wow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

HorseRenoir posted:

Nice ending, but couldn't they have just gone to an AU where the cure worked and everyone lived, and just took the cure back with them?

Then their family would be labeled as murderes and probably jailed for causing a worldwide epidemic of cronenbergs.

• Locked thread