Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

Rinkles posted:

Isn't this basically true for most non-Blizzard games nowadays? The discount bit.

I've seen it hit £17. For a full price game to be near half price before release, that's not good news.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Brightman posted:

I haven't played the Thief games ("Oh, the shame!":v:) but about half of what that image says is fairly off-putting (QTEs, contextual jumping, focus meter), the rest sounds fairly bland (story, setting, xp stuff). I'd probably be more interested if Dishonored hadn't happened.

I don't really mind most of that stuff but I guess that depends on how they use and handle those things. Let's be honest - there will be some mandatory combat but if you actually can stealth through most of it you likely won't see much of those flashing block prompts and ~cool takedowns~. But, like I said, if they mess it up and you, for example, can't progress without getting rid of all the guards all the time or it just sucks then by all means…

E - Oh and that new Resident Evil 4 PC port surely is prep work for PS4BONE version, right?

Sprat Sandwich fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Jan 29, 2014

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Sprat Sandwich posted:

I don't really mind most of that stuff but I guess that depends on how they use and handle those things. Let's be honest - there will be some mandatory combat but if you actually can stealth through most of it you likely won't see much of those flashing block prompts and ~cool takedowns~. But, like I said, if they mess it up and you, for example, can't progress without getting rid of all the guards all the time or it just sucks then by all means…

Since you can set it up so the game invalidates saves (iron man mode) where you alert anyone (an optional fail state), I'd hope combat isn't mandatory.

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

Sprat Sandwich posted:

Oh and that new Resident Evil 4 PC port surely is prep work for PS4BONE version, right?

You joke, but it's surely just a matter of time...... Capcom aren't done running that game into the ground yet.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

MZ posted:

You joke, but it's surely just a matter of time...... Capcom aren't done running that game into the ground yet.

I appreciate having the choice of platform. Don't see how that's running the game into the ground.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Me neither. They're not running Nosferatu into the ground by putting it on bluray.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Capcom would probably be in a much better place if they'd learnt any kind of less from RE4's success that wasn't 'just put this out again because people will buy it'.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I would definitely buy RE4 again for 1080/60.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Rinkles posted:

Since you can set it up so the game invalidates saves (iron man mode) where you alert anyone (an optional fail state), I'd hope combat isn't mandatory.

I mean like special sections where you have to fight somebody or something like that, but yeah, it seems like in actual levels you can ghost it.

Rinkles posted:

I appreciate having the choice of platform. Don't see how that's running the game into the ground.

Yeah, I actually never finished RE4 and apparently the new port is based on the GC/Wii version not the PS2 version like the old PC port so I'd be pretty happy with a PS4 release.

E - OOH, going by the Steam page it seems like the cutscenes run in real-time now, or at least they re-rendered them so no more lovely cinematics.

Sprat Sandwich fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Jan 29, 2014

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Welp, looks like the default price for retail games for Canadians went up by $5 (e.g. upcoming releases that were $59.99 last week are now $64.99). This isn't reflected (yet, hopefully ever) on Amazon.ca or PSN, but I'm seeing it for both EB Games and Future Shop.

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel

univbee posted:

Welp, looks like the default price for retail games for Canadians went up by $5 (e.g. upcoming releases that were $59.99 last week are now $64.99). This isn't reflected (yet, hopefully ever) on Amazon.ca or PSN, but I'm seeing it for both EB Games and Future Shop.

Everything on Costco.ca is still between 54.99, and 59.99 shipping included. No membership required for online either.
In store is generally 3-4 cheaper as well.

For some reason infamous is at 69.99 though. Must be a mistake.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

gently caress all of those lovely retailers and their goddamn gouging.

Luceo
Apr 29, 2003

As predicted in the Bible. :cheers:

Amazon is still offering the $20 bonus toward PS digital content with $20 of trade-ins until the 31st. I'm considering trading in Madden since I'm rubbish at it, and a total of $40 for a game that'll be worth two cents in a few months is pretty good.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Luceo posted:

Amazon is still offering the $20 bonus toward PS digital content with $20 of trade-ins until the 31st. I'm considering trading in Madden since I'm rubbish at it, and a total of $40 for a game that'll be worth two cents in a few months is pretty good.

I'm desperately trying to finish Killzone to take advantage of this deal. I still feel that people weren't fair to that game at release, but wow, the last half of the single player campaign is so annoying.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

Ă°Â’ÂƒÂ» Ă°Â’ÂŒÂ“Ă°Â’Â‰ð’‹« 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 Ă°Â’ÂŒÂ‰ Ă°Â’ÂŒÂ« Ă°Â’ÂÂ®Ă°Â’ÂˆÂ Ă°Â’ÂˆÂ¾Ă°Â’Â…Â— 𒂉 Ă°Â’Â‰Â¡Ă°Â’ÂŒÂ’Ă°Â’Â‚Â‰Ă°Â’Â‘

univbee posted:

I brought this up about 10 days ago. Now we get to listen to Australians and Europeans telling us to shut up again.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

leidend posted:

I brought this up about 10 days ago. Now we get to listen to Australians and Europeans telling us to shut up again.

Whoops, I was far behind and just skipped to the end of the thread a few days ago. At least Amazon.ca, Costco and no-tax PSN are still holding strong.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Crossposting from Goonstreams.

Picked it up today if anybody wants to see it/on the fence about it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

PS4 preorders are actually up to $70 at EBGames on titles that are further out.

http://www.ebgames.ca/playstation-4/games/destiny-with-bonus/316933
http://www.ebgames.ca/playstation-4/games/dying-light/317657
http://www.ebgames.ca/playstation-4/games/watch-dogs-with-exclusive-bonus/316916
http://www.ebgames.ca/playstation-4/games/middle-earth-shadow-of-mordor/318142

etc.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I can't wait for this company to go out of business.

Rocco
Mar 15, 2003

Hey man. You're number one. Put it. In. The Bucket.

Rinkles posted:

Yeah, I agree and I get so tired of people moaning when a game gets put on a new box. Yeah dude they should never print the game again you're right

ArmTheHomeless
Jan 10, 2003

Anyone have a problem with friend's shared videos not playing under "Whats New" section? None of them seem to work. Is there a fix for this?

theBeaz
Jul 11, 2006

UglyCrackBaby posted:

Anyone have a problem with friend's shared videos not playing under "Whats New" section? None of them seem to work. Is there a fix for this?

Seems to be related to their Facebook settings. If they don't set it to PUBLIC, then you won't see it (unless of course you're friends on there as well I suppose).

ArmTheHomeless
Jan 10, 2003

theBeaz posted:

Seems to be related to their Facebook settings. If they don't set it to PUBLIC, then you won't see it (unless of course you're friends on there as well I suppose).

Makes sense, all my friends on bf4 are goons so I don't have Facebook friendships with them. Although I wish they didn't show up in that section at all if I can't view them. Thanks.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Kilometers Davis posted:

I would definitely buy RE4 again for 1080/60.

What I wish they would do is port it to both PS4 AND Vita and do Cross-Buy. A 1080p60 version would be nice, but portable RE4 is what I really want.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

BreakAtmo posted:

What I wish they would do is port it to both PS4 AND Vita and do Cross-Buy. A 1080p60 version would be nice, but portable RE4 is what I really want.

Yeah, I'm pretty much done buying better, shinier versions of RE4 but I would really like a portable Vita version of it.

Turnquiet
Oct 24, 2002

My friend is an eloquent speaker.

Are they doing new models, lighting, etc. on this new RE4, or will it just be an uprezzed version of the wii game?

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Turnquiet posted:

Are they doing new models, lighting, etc. on this new RE4, or will it just be an uprezzed version of the wii game?

Judging by the PC version, pretty much that. They stopped making new content for the game after the PS2 port, so everything since then has been pretty much the same thing but in HD, with the exception of the Wii version with its awesome controls.

I've already got several copies of it, and would love to have another. Resident Evil 4 is just one of those games.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
The PS4 version of Tomb Raider is really good if anybody was curious. It's been a while since I tore through the 360 version over a weekend nearly a year ago when I Redboxed it, so it's hard for me to compare the PS4 and 360 versions, but it does look good.

It certainly runs better than I remember, MOST of the time. You'll get some frame drops when out in big open areas, but it still looks really nice-- at least comparable to what I assume the PC version puts out on very high settings.

I hope the multiplayer gets a decent community going. I never touched it last time, but now that I own it, I'm more likely to give it a shot after finishing it.

You can turn off the controller sounds. It seems dumb when the controller is just mimicking sounds coming over the television speakers as opposed to adding sounds not in the main mix.

Playing in a dark room is kinda unpleasant when you light a torch and the controller's LED goes nuts switching back and forth from orange to red. You CAN'T turn that off, unfortunately. It is pretty cool when it flashes white as you fire to mimic a muzzle flash. Easier to ignore if you don't play in a completely dark room, anyway.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I've played Resident Evil 1, 4, and 5. How was Resident Evil 2? I remember the massive hype surrounding that game when it came out, but I had a Sega Saturn, so I never got to play it.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I said come in! posted:

I've played Resident Evil 1, 4, and 5. How was Resident Evil 2? I remember the massive hype surrounding that game when it came out, but I had a Sega Saturn, so I never got to play it.

I still think it's the best in the series. At the very least, the music is really drat good.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Policenaut posted:

Yeah, I'm pretty much done buying better, shinier versions of RE4 but I would really like a portable Vita version of it.

Especially if it was packing gyro-aim.

And for gently caress's sake, release Revelations on the Vita. If you can release it on the Wii U...

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

I said come in! posted:

2 is in the old school RE1 style, if you enjoyed RE1 2 did more of the same but better in pretty much every way. It also had a neat duel-scenario set-up that I'd love to see another game employ, especially if they went further with the 'actions of the first player you use will affect the second run'

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?

It's not just PS4, those games are now listed at $70 for every platform except PC. If PSN doesn't also raise their prices this might just push me further towards all digital.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Konjuro posted:

It's not just PS4, those games are now listed at $70 for every platform except PC. If PSN doesn't also raise their prices this might just push me further towards all digital.

Oh I know, but this is the PS4 thread.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Konjuro posted:

Only on Gamestop though right? Amazon isn't trying to pull this?

And besides, there are no goons with a Xbone.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

I said come in! posted:

Crafty's probation is over.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

I said come in! posted:

Only on Gamestop though right? Amazon isn't trying to pull this?

It's creeping into Future Shop but doesn't seem as bad.

Dark Souls II is $64.99 there, and the PS4 version of Final Fantasy XIV is $44.99, but everything else seems to still be normally priced so far.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
Sounds like TR took the strobe effect from Sound Shapes and ran with it. Sound Shapes is so fun, but I am terrible at that game. I die so many times.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Octodad Dadliest Catch will have 4 player co-op. Not just 4 player co-op. Drop in/Drop Out. And each player controls a set of limbs on Octodad. No multiple Octodads, just one. And it is going to be insane. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?

Ularg posted:

Octodad Dadliest Catch will have 4 player co-op. Not just 4 player co-op. Drop in/Drop Out. And each player controls a set of limbs on Octodad. No multiple Octodads, just one. And it is going to be insane. :getin:

Awesome! I wonder if you can have 2 people using DS4s and 2 using Move controllers, so I don't need to buy more controllers to pull this off.

Aphrodite posted:

Oh I know, but this is the PS4 thread.

You had me thinking they were gouging an extra $5 for next-gen games, which sadly would be a believable thing for them to do.

• Locked thread