Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Pac-Man Museum is srill being released on PC/XBLA/PSN, so they didn't completely cancel it, but yeah, a portable version would have been nice. Here's the full lineup, for those who care:

Pac-Man
Super Pac-Man
Pac & Pal
Pac-Land
Pac-Mania
Pac-Attack
Pac-Man Arrangement (PSP version)
Pac-Man Battle Royale
Pac-Man Championship Edition (PC version only)
Ms. Pac-Man (free until March 31, $4.99 DLC afterwards)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
Ah drat, I was sort of hoping for the version of Arrangement that I was actually familiar with. They haven't put that out since 2003's Namco Museum on the GCN/PS2/Xbox and that one had the sound pitched higher than it should've been.
Might as well get the PC version if I get Championship edition in that mix.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

bushisms.txt posted:

What's this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSqf5STS9xQ

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Is there any way to transfer Zelda: 4 Swords back to my DSi? I used the transfer app to go from DSi to 3DS when I got my 3DS, but would love to have 4 Swords back on my DSi.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

morcant posted:

I don't suppose there's been any murmurs about Gamecube games, either via download or some other functionality?

You still can't buy loving DS games digitally on the 3DS, a system that can run those games natively. At this point I'm not expecting anything from Nintendo until they actually let me buy it.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Miyamotos RGB NES posted:

Is there any way to transfer Zelda: 4 Swords back to my DSi? I used the transfer app to go from DSi to 3DS when I got my 3DS, but would love to have 4 Swords back on my DSi.

If it's still free, can't you just buy it on the DSi again?

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.

uPen posted:

You still can't buy loving DS games digitally on the 3DS, a system that can run those games natively. At this point I'm not expecting anything from Nintendo until they actually let me buy it.

Fair. I thought as much, but I really hoped they'd let me give them more money. :sigh: At least I still have a GameCube in my closet somewhere.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Phantasium posted:

Not if they only put it back up on the 3DS's eShop and not the DSi Shop.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Phantasium posted:

Someone tried that, it doesn't show up in the DSi Ware store. It's only on the 3DS eShop.

McGlu
Apr 10, 2013

Good question. My DSi is dead. Going to try to re-acquire it once I get a battery charge. But I doubt it, since NoA is advertising it as a 3DS promo.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

uPen posted:

They worked out something to make Advance Wars: Days of Ruin a DSiWare title in Japan, but right now they're more concerned with trying to correct the WiiU disaster. 3DS is selling fine and 3DS games are coming out on schedule. They just aren't interested in selling their older titles because it would take too much R&D time to make them work. Especially when they can make a new 3DS version of older games and slap a $40 price tag on it.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

uPen posted:

It can only run DS games by literally turning the 3DS into a DS, which means it can't read the 3DS data on your SD card. It's not as simple as you think.

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

You're hosed unless you can come across another DSi with Four Swords, and just system transfer that one's copy off to yours.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

ohnoitschris posted:

You're hosed unless you can come across another DSi with Four Swords, and just system transfer that one's copy off to yours.

You know Four Swords is free in the eShop until tomorrow night.

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother
You know it's not on the DSi shop which is why we're having this conversation in the first place, right?

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah I just thought maybe with some trickery I could get it on my DSi again.

I still have my DSi XL (wonderful system; I prefer playing original DS games on it since the screen looks better and the sound is way louder on it than even the 3DS XL) and when I got my 3DS, I transferred my DSi stuff onto it.

Now there seems to be no way to transfer anything back, which sucks, because I'd just transfer Zelda Four Swords to my DSi and then download it "new" on my 3DS. Basically if I never transferred it away from my DSi in the first place I'd have two copies of the game right now instead of just one. :smithicide:

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

It can only run DS games by literally turning the 3DS into a DS, which means it can't read the 3DS data on your SD card. It's not as simple as you think.
This. If they were happy just slapping just the ROM in DS mode, with none of the sleep mode or save state capabilities included, GBA stuff would of been available a LONG time ago.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I don't buy it for a second. Surely they could hack the ds firmware to think the sd card is internal memory. A GBA emulator also shouldn't take 3 years to make.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

They very likely could if they got off their arse and worked on it.

All i'm saying is that just because the 3DS is backwards compatible with the DS doesn't mean it's this insanely simple thing they are just too Nintendo to do. It's a slightly more complicated thing they are just too Nintendo to do right now, if anything.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Who cares, bring the vitrol to the WiiU Dreamcast thread and try to just keep this eShop specific, not a place to bith about what could be.

DoctorOfLawls
Mar 2, 2001

SA's Brazilian Diplomat
So why Nintendo has not released Lost Levels and Super Mario Bros. 3 on the Wii U virtual console for North America yet? Is the delay just licensing bureaucracy or is there more to it than that?

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

DoctorOfLawls posted:

So why Nintendo has not released Lost Levels and Super Mario Bros. 3 on the Wii U virtual console for North America yet? Is the delay just licensing bureaucracy or is there more to it than that?

They shouldn't have any licensing issues with their own games, we literally have no clue why they've been dragging their feet with a game the rest of the world has already.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

RMZXAnarchy posted:

They shouldn't have any licensing issues with their own games, we literally have no clue why they've been dragging their feet with a game the rest of the world has already.

Everytime they sell Super Mario Bros. 3 in america they have to cut a check to Fred Savage.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

RMZXAnarchy posted:

They've already gone a step farther in japan/europe and put out Super Mario Bros Deluxe, which includes both Lost Levels and SMB.

Lost Levels are released though. It's on my 3DS right now.

E: oh, I thought we were complaining about how SMB3 is a month late on the 3DS.

Dehry fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Feb 3, 2014

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Another week of nothing of worth for PAL regions.

If Iwata is going to come out and say he realizes that they are under-utilizing the Virtual Console, it'd be nice to see Nintendo act on it sometime soon.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of January 30):

quote:

WII U eSHOP
    My Farm - €7.99 / £7.19
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    NES Open Tournament Golf (NES, US ver.)- €4.99 / £3.49
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Super Indie Connection Sale (Wii U eShop) - buy/own any one of the following games, get the others for 60% off until February 13
  • BIT.TRIP Presents... Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien - €4.79 / £3.99
  • Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams - €5.99 / £5.19
  • Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition - €3.99 / £3.59
  • Spin The Bottle: Bumpie's Party - €2.79 / £2.39
  • Toki Tori 2+ - €5.99 / £5.19
    Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Wii U) - €35.99 / £29.99 until February 6

3DS eSHOP
    Animal Hospital (demo)
DSiWARE
    Hidden Expedition: Titanic - 800 Points / €7.99 / £7.19
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (3DS) - €26.99 / £23.99 until February 1
    Fractured Soul (3DS eShop) - €3.99 / £3.59 until February 6
    Rage of the Gladiator (3DS eShop) - €3.49 / £3.19 until February 6
    Dress To Play: Cute Witches (3DS eShop) - €0.99 / £0.89 until February 6
    Dress To Play: Magic Bubble (3DS eShop) - €0.99 / £0.89 until February 6
    Urban Trial Freestyle (3DS eShop) - €14.99 / £14.99 from February 6-13
    Beyblade Evolution (3DS) - €14.99 / £14.99 from February 6-March 6
    BIT.TRIP Saga (3DS) - €9.99 / £8.99 from February 6-March 6
    Girls' Fashion Shoot (3DS) - €14.99 / £14.99 from February 6-March 6
    Hakouki: Memories of the Shinsengumi (3DS) - €16.99 / £14.99 from February 6-March 6
    Jewel Master Cradle of Egypt 2 (3DS) - €9.99 / £8.99 from February 6-March 6
    Jewel Master Cradle of Rome 2 (3DS) - €9.99 / £8.99 from February 6-March 6
    Shifting World (3DS) - €9.99 / £8.99 from February 6-March 6
    Super Black Bass 3D (3DS) - €9.99 / £8.99 from February 6-March 6
    Virtue's Last Reward (3DS) - €12.49 / £9.99 from February 6-March 6

Some not-terrible 3DS sales, but not much else worth acknowledging.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

PAL update (week of January 30):

Some not-terrible 3DS sales, but not much else worth acknowledging.

Didn't the eshop version of VLR "fix" the save bug in the cartridge version? My copy is still shrinkwrapped (never got around to beating 999) and I might just sell it and buy the digital one, earn a few Euros even.

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother

Katana Gomai posted:

Didn't the eshop version of VLR "fix" the save bug in the cartridge version? My copy is still shrinkwrapped (never got around to beating 999) and I might just sell it and buy the digital one, earn a few Euros even.

From what I gather it just disables saving where it might glitch. Not the most polished of fixes but it gets the job done.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
I can't find a Rune Factory thread (Awful App has no search) so I'll ask here:

Do I need to have played the previous games to understan/fully enjoy 4?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

I haven't touched any other rune factories or even harvest moons and jumped in with RF4 no problem. You get knocked out of an airship onto a dragon who proclaims you mayor of the town. That's all I've really needed to know so far.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Annath posted:

I can't find a Rune Factory thread (Awful App has no search) so I'll ask here:

Do I need to have played the previous games to understan/fully enjoy 4?

There are references all over the place from every previous installment for series fans (characters, music, quips from villagers/travelers, etc), but there is no connection regarding the plot or major events.

also here http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3336559

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Katana Gomai posted:

That was for North America only. VLR has a different publisher in Europe and I think there wasn't any update for the digital version.

The game can freak out anywhere so that fix was quite pointless.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Awesome! posted:

I haven't touched any other rune factories or even harvest moons and jumped in with RF4 no problem. You get knocked out of an airship onto a dragon who proclaims you mayor of the town. That's all I've really needed to know so far.
Why are video game animals so bad at choosing mayors? They just pick whoever shows up first half the time, it seems.

Not that real animals are any better at it, I guess.

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

Sodium Chloride posted:

That was for North America only. VLR has a different publisher in Europe and I think there wasn't any update for the digital version.

The game can freak out anywhere so that fix was quite pointless.

The PS Vita version's just fine, play it on there if you have one.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Pokemon Bank is live in PAL-land, apparently.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Pokemon Bank is live in PAL-land, apparently.

Yep, Just PAL... With every passing day Nintendo confuses the hell out of me with it's release decisions. :psyduck:

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Spiffster posted:

Yep, Just PAL... With every passing day Nintendo confuses the hell out of me with it's release decisions. :psyduck:

Not really?
A staggered release makes sense given that the whole reason it got delayed is because the servers couldn't handle the load the first time around.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I would guess that means the US release will be this Thursday or next Thursday to relieve some strain on the servers.

Champeenship
Oct 9, 2012
Gargoyle's Quest II has been rated in Australia, which makes for another game that was not released on the Wii VC.

http://www.classification.gov.au/Pa...A0tWHsHBG9lWpXU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
All three of the Gargoyle's Quest games are pretty great and worth a play.