Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Toriko really should've learned the spoon technique from whatshis face, since he could use it to carry stuff.

Also because it means we miss out on a spork or foon attack. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Serious Frolicking posted:

They are trying to pretend that Toriko possesses empathy even though he spent a year stuffing his face with the most delicious food imaginable while most humans were living through an unprecedented famine. Actually, this is completely consistent with the christmas story where they feed people one day of the year.

Toriko has a very weird moral code which no one else seems to share.

Well, Komatsu is going to come back and cook Ichiryuu's Full Course and thereby end world hunger.

And he'll make it delicious just to show up everyone else, possibly with hints he got from 6 months with Midora, Honorary Muscle Harem Member.

(Midora can never properly join Komatsu's muscle harem because he remains forever part of Frohze's)

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

AnonSpore posted:

It's the Why Doesn't Reed Richards Cure Cancer conundrum applied to food.

That would imply that RR could cure cancer if he Got Paid. Toriko hunts for ingredients because he either wants to eat them or because he is being paid to do so. Ergo, if someone paid him enough he could obtain some absurdly oversized ingredients. He actually did gather large quantities of food when he got the stuff for the disgusting ehou maki that a sweaty hairy man spent days rubbing his body over. Toriko isn't a saint, and his system of ethics is based on food. Charity or working to end a famine just aren't very high priorities for him, is all.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I was bored so I re-read part of Toriko from the beginning.

You know the "asurasaurus" thing with the several thousand capture level they showed?

It's on Jirou's course list:

As out of control as the power creep and wackiness gets Toriko sure likes callbacks.

Pawl
Sep 9, 2006

I'm seeing this from an AoS perspective.

white primer uber alles
Toriko is the only story where people see this

and think "that looks so delicious"

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

Pawl posted:

Toriko is the only story where people see this

and think "that looks so delicious"

There's probably a lump of meat inside the heart the size of a fist that's the most tender possible meat but also impossible to cook because it's so tender

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Death Bot posted:

There's probably a lump of meat inside the heart the size of a fist that's the most tender possible meat but also impossible to cook because it's so tender

The rest of the shark is not only inedible but in fact highly poisonous.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

AnonSpore posted:

Why are we even assuming that's the shark? That's probably the goddamn lettuce; when eaten it starts to devour creatures from the inside out, stretching it's vines through the eyes and mouth to control it, unless of course you use food honor to subdue it first.

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

I'm still so surprised by what Human world is apparently going through. Food Pills?

I thought that Ichiryuu had meticulously planned for this, and that the heavenly kings were going to put together his full course so that the world wouldn't starve.

I mean its little information, but just what went on for less than two years.

What are the other Heavenly Kings doing?

and what about the Bishokukai? Did Star just let Toriko walk in, or did Toriko look at him like food and he backed off?

TOO MANY QUESTIONS

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I hope Ichiryuu planned for Toriko to take a 2 year break or else it might be too late to make the full course.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

AnonSpore posted:

But if you are skilled in Food Honor or are Coco/etc, you can extract the poison and it turns out to be an incredible delicacy.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
I don't know how many of you still watch the anime but tonight's episode was Zebra's fight with the Nitro and Setsuno vs. Chiyo. Both were well done and incredibly satisfying to watch :black101:

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

Reiche posted:

I don't know how many of you still watch the anime but tonight's episode was Zebra's fight with the Nitro and Setsuno vs. Chiyo. Both were well done and incredibly satisfying to watch :black101:

Scary Granny Face...

That's all I remember. And I think I'm gonna have nightmares about it.

Simoom
Nov 30, 2009
New chapter is up on Mangastream, apparently they've picked it up again. Earlier good quality translations, this is great.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
It's nice to see that even the head of the IGO is chugging food pills :unsmith:

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

I did enjoy badass Komatsu being all slick.

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
Toriko on Mangastream rules and I am very excited about it. Fun seeing Komatsu with confidence, glad he also got to spent a year in Gourmet World honing his skills. Mansam modeling his look after the president is great too, very hansom.

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

http://readms.com/r/toriko/265/2241/1

The link if anyone doesn't have Manga Stream Bookmarked.

Komatsu is such a badass now. He's got a god drat plate hat

QuasiQuack posted:

It's nice to see that even the head of the IGO is chugging food pills :unsmith:

He's such a handsome guy.

Also The description of what Meteor Spice did to Human world is pretty horroriffic. So the only place to acquire real food is Gourmet World. And there was a 2 year time skip, so it looks like Human world may not be able to grow or raise ingredients for quite some time.

Seebach fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Feb 5, 2014

Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.
Food rain can't be terribly hygienic.

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!
I wonder if the other 3 Heavenly kings were also gathering food from the Gourmet would. Would be kinda lovely if they weren't.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

dazoner posted:

I wonder if the other 3 Heavenly kings were also gathering food from the Gourmet would. Would be kinda lovely if they weren't.

The last panel looks like it might be them in the background. Middle one has the hair to be Sunny, left one roughly fits Zebra's profile, and the third... Well it lacks any particular details but that doesn't rule out Coco, really.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Alopex posted:

We just came from a place that rained gummies, chocolate, and volcanic mountains. I'm ok with food rain.

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~

Seebach posted:

Komatsu is such a badass now. He's got a god drat plate hat

*plate!*

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Alopex posted:

People were willing to lose their fingers to eat a goddamn radish, why bother with hygiene?

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Nahxela posted:

We just came from a place that rained gummies, chocolate, and volcanic mountains. I'm ok with food rain.

High level germs are probably delicious.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!
I'm sure all the ingredients he brought back are easy to prepare, but it would crack me up if he showered all special prep ingredients all over the world and made the situation even worse.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Like human world bacteria could even handle gourmet world food.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
What if Human World Bacteria are Gourmet Bacteria cells (bacterial gourmet cells?)

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Whatever the really big twist of Toriko is it's going to be ridiculously over the top, hilarious and probably pretty awesome at the same time.

I mean at this point the gourmet cells are basically like the symbiotes from Spider Man. All those times Toriko has spoken with his goofy battle-demon image weren't just figurative hallucinations of him reasoning with his Id or whatever; he's literally talking to an alien organism that's renting his body.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

Fabricated posted:

Whatever the really big twist of Toriko is it's going to be ridiculously over the top, hilarious and probably pretty awesome at the same time.

I mean at this point the gourmet cells are basically like the symbiotes from Spider Man. All those times Toriko has spoken with his goofy battle-demon image weren't just figurative hallucinations of him reasoning with his Id or whatever; he's literally talking to an alien organism that's renting his body.

Isn't the insane twist already that some giant alien from space ate the planet? That's about as over the top as it can get. I mean we still need to learn what God actually is and the place NEO wants to go but yeah.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
Chapter 266 is out.

The whole gang is back together. Toriko is marrying Rin. Komatsu is going to bake a hell of a wedding cake for them, probably 2-3 mountains tall. Also, elderly Nitro just chilling in a tree house.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Hahahahaha, the artist is an absolutely masterful troll.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
You can see how important it was to him based on how much he thought about it. Contrast it to the leadup to Toriko asking Komatsu to become his partner. I guess acquiring a beard isn't all that serious a matter for him?

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Fabricated posted:

Hahahahaha, the artist is an absolutely masterful troll.

Amazing, simply amazing.

"But what about you and Komatsu?!? Aren't you and him partners?!? :byodood:"
"What does that have to do with this? :geno:"
"Well, no, it shouldn't but... Doesn't it?!? :psyduck:"

We are all Sunny today.

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~
I'm pretty sure being a combo is like two tiers above marriage in the Torikoverse

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

This is amazing. Absolutely goddamn amazing.

Also I love the old hermit nitro.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Shugojin posted:

I love the idea of him just chillin' in his little hut while Zebra was blowing up everything around him.

Also, the Dragonball style marriage is great.

Lets get married.
ok :geno:

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

This goddamn manga

:allears:

Love it.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Shugojin posted:

Toriko could smell the nitro too, it was standing right infront of the prez. I missed it on my first read through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Toriko shaves his beard on the previous chapter...

Toriko gets a beard on the current one.

Makes you think.

• Locked thread