Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

Sefal posted:

You get a white sphere or something like that which can rewrite a node with anything you want. That trophy just means a lot of farming at that monster taming place.

yep but you need luck to defeat the superbosses. so

1) grind for luck/fortune spheres required to defeat the dark aeons and penance
2) grind for gil to buy clear spheres (and circumvent grinding for more fortune spheres)
3) grind for mdef or some other lovely stat to complete the sphere grid and get the trophy

to get platinum you'll literally need to grind to erase the grinding you just did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
So...Vanish/Death no longer works in FF6 mobile. Anyone know a good way to AP grind in the World of Balance without cheesing the Intangir encounters, or should I wait till later in the game and hit Cactuars?

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

yep but you need luck to defeat the superbosses. so

1) grind for luck/fortune spheres required to defeat the dark aeons and penance
2) grind for gil to buy clear spheres (and circumvent grinding for more fortune spheres)
3) grind for mdef or some other lovely stat to complete the sphere grid and get the trophy

to get platinum you'll literally need to grind to erase the grinding you just did.

gently caress all that. Grand summon Yojimbo and give him huge wads of cash and hope he does Zanmato. If he doesn't, reload. He'll use Zanmato long before it would become better to grind. I read a FF10 Yojimbo guide a few months back and posted a summary and the results were that Zanmato wasn't that rare. Get him in Overdrive, pay him a couple grand, and never let him die / pay him zero would be enough for a decent Zanmato chance. The answers you give when you get him alter the chance too. I'll see if I can find the post again.

The real brutal part is still getting the 5000 sphere items to activate all the spheres in the grid (not counting replacing locks, filling empty holes, and fortune spheres. gently caress fortune spheres), capture 10 of every god drat mother loving rare encounter enemy in the game, and (assuming the worst) powering up all of the celestial weapons.

edit: Found it here.

quote:

e: Starting compatibility Yojimbo with 32768 gil will have a ~28% chance to Zanmato. ~61% if you pick option 3. I feel like I am loving up my math from the guide because those are really great odds.

1st AD posted:

So...Vanish/Death no longer works in FF6 mobile. Anyone know a good way to AP grind in the World of Balance without cheesing the Intangir encounters, or should I wait till later in the game and hit Cactuars?

Stop still works but you still need to drain all his HP and stop can wear off. I don't know of any other good magic grinding stops though so it might be worth it to keep trucking on until the WoR (assuming you don't get hit by the game crashing bug in Thamasa)

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Yeah and iirc you don't get Stop until you're well into the World of Ruin.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Golem teaches stop and you can get him at the Auction House... I want to say after the Sealed Cave? He isn't WoR exclusive.

e: Wait, you can't get to Jidoor after the Sealed Cave iirc. I guess he's only after the Factory or Thamasa.

Scrublord Prime fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Feb 3, 2014

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

GreatRedSpirit posted:

e: Wait, you can't get to Jidoor after the Sealed Cave iirc. I guess he's only after the Factory or Thamasa.
Why not? Almost the entire World of Balance is open to you until you complete the Floating Continent. I think the two places you can't go back to are the Imperial Camp outside of Doma, and then later the Imperial Bunker in front of the Sealed Cave once the Floating Continent comes into play.

Systematic System
Jun 17, 2012

Sefal posted:

I'm replaying FF13-2 now. And my game keeps freezing in Augusta tower 200 AF
I have all the dlc and recruited COM lightning and have her in my party.
The game freezes randomly every time I go in battle

just before it loads the battle the screen freezes. there's sound but nothing else.

I have been able to play it perfectly fine before.
What's causing this glitch?

I had the same problem: everything working perfectly fine until it starts freezing when you enter battles suddenly. Unfortunately the only solution seems to be buying a new disc, which resolved it for me (the game's only $10 now at least).

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

Systematic System posted:

I had the same problem: everything working perfectly fine until it starts freezing when you enter battles suddenly. Unfortunately the only solution seems to be buying a new disc, which resolved it for me (the game's only $10 now at least).

But if it's the same problem this guy had, buying a new disc (or PS3) didn't help: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/619315-final-fantasy-xiii-2/63147424
Worth a shot, though, I guess.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

The White Dragon posted:

Why not? Almost the entire World of Balance is open to you until you complete the Floating Continent. I think the two places you can't go back to are the Imperial Camp outside of Doma, and then later the Imperial Bunker in front of the Sealed Cave once the Floating Continent comes into play.

The Sealed Cave leads directly into the banquet/Thamasa/whatever that other cave was called and takes away your airship until that section's done. You can't access Jidoor again from that point until the Floating Island shows up. Fairly sure Zoneseek/Golem shows up in Jidoor after the Factory, though, so you should be able to get it then.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Schwartzcough posted:

But if it's the same problem this guy had, buying a new disc (or PS3) didn't help: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/619315-final-fantasy-xiii-2/63147424
Worth a shot, though, I guess.

It's also on sale on PSN currently.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Huh, I thought Lightning Returns has been out for a while. One of the local game stores has been selling it for a week or so.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
All I need to do for the costume from the demo is turn on outer world services and then submit a score, right?

I liked the demo well enough. Combat felt a little clunky but I figure it won't once I get better at it. My only real complaint is how stagger is represented now, but otherwise, neat!

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

All this FFX talk is reminding me why it was the first FF game I didn't bother doing the optional bosses/missions for. I genuinely liked the sphere grid, but some of the grinding/minmaxing you had to do in order to even stand a chance against the optional bosses really wasn't worth it.

Back to LR for a sec, everything I'm seeing about the time limit suggests that it's vaguely similar to Persona 3/4 - there's a time limit, but you'll generally have enough time to do all you want, right? Is there any word on multiple endings or the like yet?

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

All this FFX talk is reminding me why it was the first FF game I didn't bother doing the optional bosses/missions for. I genuinely liked the sphere grid, but some of the grinding/minmaxing you had to do in order to even stand a chance against the optional bosses really wasn't worth it.

Back to LR for a sec, everything I'm seeing about the time limit suggests that it's vaguely similar to Persona 3/4 - there's a time limit, but you'll generally have enough time to do all you want, right? Is there any word on multiple endings or the like yet?

What I've heard is that you start off with 7 days, but this can be extended to 13. There is also only one ending.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

The time system works basically like this:

To begin with you have 6 days of time. Time passes in about 1 video game minute every couple of seconds. You earn additional days by finishing the story quests up until 13 total days of time. You need to get all 13 days to avoid pissing off God.

One of the first powers you get allows you to pause the flow of time for a while at the cost of 1 EP. EP is basically a special kind of magic you can spend to either slow down time or use special powers in battle. You replenish EP by fighting enemies. In dungeons or enemy-heavy areas it's pretty trivial to replenish 1 EP before your current time-stop ends and so you can chain together time stops as long as you need. There are other things you can use EP on which can limit your ability to slow down time but it's pretty minimal. (There are special chests with top-tier items which can require an investment of EP and you may end up spending EP to beat a particularly tough foe.)

The most likely thing to drain your time is Escape. Escaping from battle or dying in battle (they're functionally the same thing) will revert you to before the fight started but take away an hour of time. You have an overabundance of time for the reasons mentioned above so you're unlikely to really suffer unless you die a lot.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Feb 4, 2014

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
About the FFX remakes, is there a place that has a list or something of what's different (other then that its hd, obviously)? Assuming there's more then that thats different, of course. Also, to be frank, I'm way more likely to get X-2 then X so that's more what I'm curious about.

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB

Livingtrope posted:

About the FFX remakes, is there a place that has a list or something of what's different (other then that its hd, obviously)? Assuming there's more then that thats different, of course. Also, to be frank, I'm way more likely to get X-2 then X so that's more what I'm curious about.

They are based on the international re-releases. You can view the changes/additions here:
http://www.finalfantasy.net/x/international-content-final-fantasy-xx2/

Also, in the US at least, they come as a package so you can't get one without the other.

AllisonByProxy fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Feb 4, 2014

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

AllisonByProxy posted:

They are based on the international re-releases. You can view the changes/additions here:

Hey thanks!

Haha, the X-2 remake has a pokemon minigame in it, it's like it was made for me.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

AllisonByProxy posted:

Also, in the US at least, they come as a package so you can't get one without the other.

The only thing I wanted (skippable cutscenes) doesn't appear to have been implemented :(

GreatRedSpirit posted:

gently caress all that. Grand summon Yojimbo and give him huge wads of cash and hope he does Zanmato. If he doesn't, reload. He'll use Zanmato long before it would become better to grind. I read a FF10 Yojimbo guide a few months back and posted a summary and the results were that Zanmato wasn't that rare. Get him in Overdrive, pay him a couple grand, and never let him die / pay him zero would be enough for a decent Zanmato chance. The answers you give when you get him alter the chance too. I'll see if I can find the post again.

The real brutal part is still getting the 5000 sphere items to activate all the spheres in the grid (not counting replacing locks, filling empty holes, and fortune spheres. gently caress fortune spheres), capture 10 of every god drat mother loving rare encounter enemy in the game, and (assuming the worst) powering up all of the celestial weapons.

edit: Found it here.

I read that you can't use zanmato on dark yojimbo; or you can but the fight is structured that you'd need to get 5 in a row without reloads so it's not realistic and you'll need to grind out luck/fortune spheres.

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009

AllisonByProxy posted:

A pokemon minigame and a post game roguelike tower sound like pretty amazing additions to FFX-2. I dont know if I'll have the patience for all the crazy post game stuff theyre adding to FFX but its cool to have the option.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Brasseye posted:

A pokemon minigame and a post game roguelike tower sound like pretty amazing additions to FFX-2. I dont know if I'll have the patience for all the crazy post game stuff theyre adding to FFX but its cool to have the option.

I have the International Edition (one of the few perks of living in Europe) and as I said before, it's the first time I looked at the optional content of a FF game and said no. It's just not fun and even making a dent on the optional bosses (excluding maybe Dark Valefor/Ixion, the first two you're likely to encounter) requires almost Disgaea-levels of grinding. Even when I had the time for that, I couldn't be bothered. I can see it being more fun on the Vita (drop in, grind for however long the journey to work is, drop out), and I know I'll wind up getting it (both games still have great battle systems), but I wouldn't count on me playing FFX much past the end credits.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

I have the International Edition (one of the few perks of living in Europe) and as I said before, it's the first time I looked at the optional content of a FF game and said no. It's just not fun and even making a dent on the optional bosses (excluding maybe Dark Valefor/Ixion, the first two you're likely to encounter) requires almost Disgaea-levels of grinding. Even when I had the time for that, I couldn't be bothered. I can see it being more fun on the Vita (drop in, grind for however long the journey to work is, drop out), and I know I'll wind up getting it (both games still have great battle systems), but I wouldn't count on me playing FFX much past the end credits.

Yeah I have to echo this, the post game content is absurd, it's not even possible to wing most of it in the way you could in previous games. It also makes getting Anima, if you missed any of the destruction sphere chests first time around, deeply distressing.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
To be fair, it's only two of them that are affected and it's not like they're even hard to get without much effort. Heck, if you miss Besaid's you had to be actively trying.

The only thing I wanted (skippable cutscenes) doesn't appear to have been implemented :(

That's because they haven't added anything. Just taken the original international versions, upped them to HD and been done with it. The only reason the KH1.5HD had cutscene skip was because Final Mix did, and the reason XHD doesn't is because it never did.

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
I think I'll have to skip the extra bosses in FFX then they sound pretty awful. I remember someone telling me back when it came out on ps2 that a lot of the post game consisted of basically grinding money to pay to a summon who would one shot things for you. I don't generally do post game stuff in most RPGs anyway, the post game tower dungeon being added to FFX-2 does sound interesting though.

A Steampunk Gent posted:

It also makes getting Anima, if you missed any of the destruction sphere chests first time around, deeply distressing.

Another thing I'd forgotten about these games, important items you can permanently miss :(

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Not permanently. They are just blocked off by super bosses.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

Sefal posted:

Not permanently. They are just blocked off by super bosses.

You can't return to bevelle so if you miss the destruction sphere there you can't unlock anima. There's also a few language primers in al bhed home that you can't get to again.

Nyagato
Apr 6, 2009
You guys say FFX has the worst optional bosse but they were the only ones I did because they were the only ones I could find. :( Also I had internet.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

You can't return to bevelle so if you miss the destruction sphere there

You outright can't. It's the HP Sphere right at the end. You physically cannot advance without collecting it, because the chest is in the way and there's no way around it. The Knight Lance for Kimahri is just a regular treasure.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
I seem to remember there being places you might want to go that you'd be hosed on because of the dark aeons. Is this just the temples? Or does it block off whole cities?

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I read that you can't use zanmato on dark yojimbo; or you can but the fight is structured that you'd need to get 5 in a row without reloads so it's not realistic and you'll need to grind out luck/fortune spheres.

poo poo, forgot about that you have to fight Dark Yojimbo five times. You have an ~8% chance to get Zanmato off five times at 61% each and that's with refilling the overdrive gauge between each fight. Leaving and saving resets the count too so you can't cheese him. Screw you FF10! :argh:

e:

fronz posted:

I seem to remember there being places you might want to go that you'd be hosed on because of the dark aeons. Is this just the temples? Or does it block off whole cities?

Dark Valefore blocks the town of Besaid, Dark Shiva blocks Macalania Temple, and Dark Bahamut blocks the room where you get one of the items to power up Tidus' ultimate weapon. The others can spawn in inconvenient places (the Magus Sisters block part of the Mushroom Rock Road) but I don't think they lock you out of anything important.

Scrublord Prime fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Feb 4, 2014

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

fronz posted:

Besaid village (Dark Valefor), Macalania Temple (Shiva) and the room with the Sun Crest (Bahamut) are the only places blocked by an aeon that you might want to go to after your first visits for whatever reason. Every other aeon isn't directly in the way of anything, explicitly, except maybe the Magus Sisters but they can be avoided by walking there from Djose Temple instead.

Ifrit's relatively out of the way being where the ruins of Home would be, Ixion's in the middle of the Thunder Plains and you have to explicitly talk to its summoner to fight, Yojimbo pops up if you try and walk out from the far end where the teleporter to the fayth's chamber is, and Anima's on Mt. Gagazet but requires you to explicitly spawn it of your own volition via one of the underwater segments first.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

I felt the same way about the "regular" monster-collecting superbosses in the Vanilla game. Every other FF, I'm pretty sure I've taken down all the bosses/done all sidequests. But so many of those superbosses required just stupid amounts of grinding that I never fought them, and the International edition extra bosses seem even worse. Getting all the ultimate weapons was bad enough.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Apologies if this has already been asked, but does Lightning Returns have an install, and if so how much space does it take up?

Glenn565
Aug 1, 2009

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Apologies if this has already been asked, but does Lightning Returns have an install, and if so how much space does it take up?

In the Japanese version at least there are two options. Full is 4794 MB and partial is 3098 MB.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Glenn565 posted:

In the Japanese version at least there are two options. Full is 4794 MB and partial is 3098 MB.

There will also be a Japanese voice pack if you want to go for that but I don't think we have a size on that yet.

Also I take back everything I said about LR's plot not being batshit dumb.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Feb 5, 2014

Iron Casanova
Dec 7, 2012

Visual SHOCK! Speed SHOCK! Sound SHOCK!

AllisonByProxy posted:

Had no idea this was coming out over here so soon, I just beat X in December, I should have waited.Are they doing XII in HD too?

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Iron Casanova posted:

Had no idea this was coming out over here so soon, I just beat X in December, I should have waited.Are they doing XII in HD too?

I think what's been said about XII HD is that if X/X-2 sells well, XII HD is the next on the list

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

dreffen posted:

I think what's been said about XII HD is that if X/X-2 sells well, XII HD is the next on the list
And then what if XII HD does well?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Endorph posted:

FF10 HD Definitive Edition for ps4 and xbone :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Casanova
Dec 7, 2012

Visual SHOCK! Speed SHOCK! Sound SHOCK!

dreffen posted:

I'll do my part, wish I could buy them separately though.

Endorph posted:

FFXII-2 :pray: