Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

KillerJunglist posted:

"Fuckin' Donkey. I LIKED working just so I could have insurance. Do you have any idea how much I hate my family??"

This is FAR too good of an idea for a Kelly, I had to do this:
(sorry about the quality I had like 15 min before I had to go to work.

vvvvv: Gah, I knew I forgot something.

Tom Guycot fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Feb 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
His shirt should probably say "Smothered Husbands" or something like that.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

You can't put an apostrophe after a z and call that possessive. Even if it had been an s, you still do an apostrophe s for names. Christ, Muir.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

Tom Guycot posted:

This is really good.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

XyloJW posted:

You can't put an apostrophe after a z and call that possessive. Even if it had been an s, you still do an apostrophe s for names. Christ, Muir.

Adding to this, I can't figure out how the quotation marks in the last panel are supposed to work.

"I see Sotomayer's not the only 'wise' latina'."

I guess "wise" is the only part acually in quotations and he added an apostrophe after "latina" because gently caress it why not? Really wish he would just use actual quotation marks for his stupid air quotes since he's not nesting anything.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Aw, look at wittle Muir acting like he gives a poo poo about the government spying on American citizens*. :allears:

*Provided said American citizens happen to be white.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

Saint Sputnik posted:

So disappointed to find out this is not a real Flintstones character.

Here are a couple more of his Fluke cartoons

You forgot one more

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

MisterBadIdea posted:

Massachusetts State Representative Carlos Henriquez was convicted last month of two counts of assault and battery on a woman who refused to have sex with him. As a result, the Massachusetts House of Representatives expelled him last Thursday, despite the New England chapter of the NAACP writing an open letter asking them not to. The letter argues that Henriquez's case is under appeal and it was only misdemeanors he was convicted of which isn't grounds for dismissal under Massachusetts law. But I can at least see how arguing in defense of a convicted woman-puncher would reflect badly on the New England Area Conference of the NAACP.

Now me personally, I don't give the slightest poo poo about the New England Area Conference of the NAACP, but some are using this as evidence about how the Republican War on Women meme is obviously bullshit. Which is some hilarious reaching.

"See libs! This one isolated incident means that it is YOU who are the real sexists!"

*Meanwhile, every republican attends seminar entitled How To Quit Saying Rape Victims Deserved It*

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

"BENGHAZI SCANDAL. And uh lies I guess???" He doesn't even know what the gently caress that thing's supposed to be anymore. Nobody knows. But they all pretend they know to show off for all the others. "How about that BENGHAZI SCANDAL, huh?" "I know! So many LIES!"

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

The same zoo killed an entire family of lions. A Hopeful Cartoon.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Can't wait to see this masterpiece in color

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Mister Beeg posted:

You forgot one more

And yet apparently he can do a reasonably good Fluke when he tries.

Just so long as there's someone ELSE he can make look like an inhuman monster in the picture. ANd if he can still work in an insult to the woman anyway.

The Copper Kaiser
Sep 6, 2010

I am a high-iq mentally retarded adult, and bring to bear on intellectual pursuits the demonic energy that characterizes my species!
Well I was sorely beaten to the punch and it doesn't make much sense, but eh... :geno:

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

The smidgen line was in reference to the IRS thing. Oh my goodness, Ramirez missing the point? Who would have guess.

Also, who wants to bet that Muir doesn't believe marital rape is a thing?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Fulchrum posted:

Just so long as there's someone ELSE he can make look like an inhuman monster in the picture. ANd if he can still work in an insult to the woman anyway.

You posted a Glenn cartoon. Gary is the one with all the Fluke cartoons.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Tom Guycot posted:

"Wife without parole."

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

loquacius posted:

"BENGHAZI SCANDAL. And uh lies I guess???" He doesn't even know what the gently caress that thing's supposed to be anymore. Nobody knows. But they all pretend they know to show off for all the others. "How about that BENGHAZI SCANDAL, huh?" "I know! So many LIES!"

"Lies" is like "Scandals," "Debt," or "Statism" in that it's one of those totally ubiquitous (and therefore totally meaningless) political "criticisms." Want to write a cartoon about a politician you don't like? Have him eating a hot dog, only he got mustard on his shirt and label the mustard "scandals." What scandals? Who cares! It's incisive commentary!

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Slate Action posted:

I'm pretty sure the US Navy could beat every other country's navy put together.

e: that's an exaggeration, but rest assured that Kirschen is nowhere near reality, as usual.

The Iron Rose posted:

Not sure that's true anymore given how fast China is trying to build up its fledgling blue water navy, but it used to be until very recently. If it's an exaggeration, it's not much of one.

Forer posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_of_warships_in_service_worldwide

You don't beat the USA in military spending, absolutely never.
:wtc:I knew the US Navy was strong, but I didn't know that we could probably take on every other loving Navy on earth at the same time and win; Jesus Christ, the US takes overkill to a whole new level. I'll admit though, I do feel a twisted sense of pride at just how hilariously the US outclasses every other navy on the planet, we take our job as "world police" seriously.:911:

Magic Hate Ball posted:

I love this. Look at the rage that went into this drawing, at the leg hairs dotted across her hippo thighs, the comically undersized boobs, the absurd crooked Shylock nose. I think he really thinks she looks like that.
I just realized, the reason I didn't get mad at this cartoon when I saw it (in the first Gay Abortion awards, actually) was because I didn't know that that was supposed to be Sandra Fluke. I just assumed McCoy was being a misogynistic rear end in a top hat and using some made up woman to spew the "Obamacare/free birth control":byodood: talking point. God drat is Gary McCoy a horrible artist.

fade5 fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Feb 11, 2014

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Rorus Raz posted:

"Wife without parole."

oh that would have been perfect....

agarjogger
May 16, 2011

What these people are neglecting is that they are Republicans and therefore ALWAYS. loving. WRONG.
Go ahead, tell Gingrich's old district that they won't be building a new $110 million dollar SAM missile. And then get back to me, and then you are allowed to lie that the debt is a huge problem that you'll totally fix.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The middle class just wanted to commit some incest is all!

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

fade5 posted:

:wtc:I knew the US Navy was strong, but I didn't know that we could probably take on every other loving Navy on earth at the same time and win; Jesus Christ, the US takes overkill to a whole new level. I'll admit though, I do feel a twisted sense of pride at just how hilariously the US outclasses every other navy on the planet, we take our job as "world police" seriously.:911:

The Cold War was a hell of a drug, man, and it's doubly a pity we didn't stop building as if it hadn't really ended.

Not that they ever achieved the same numbers, but the Soviets had a pretty goddamn huge navy back in the day themselves (a lot of which is currently derelict, rusting away, and threatening to completely toxify those anchorages they were abandoned at).

MisterBadIdea
Oct 9, 2012

Anything?

Some of these are laughably obscure.

Down at the bottom we have "Ukraine auto dealership." You see, back in 2012, the right-wing outlets were making a stink about Biden's longtime friend John Hynansky getting a $20 million federal loan to expand his luxury dealership into the Ukraine. Not heard about it? Neither have I! The right-wing outlets were upset that Biden's buddy was getting taxpayer money, but get this, the Overseas Private Investment Corporation doesn't actually use one cent of taxpayer money for its loans. I can barely find a hint of this story even from the usual suspects; no one cares.

Or "Sestak offer." Joe Sestak was trying to primary RINO-turned-DINO Arlen Specter's Senate seat, and says that the Obama administration offered him a cushy job in exchange for him dropping the challenge; Sestak says he turned him down. And? I can't say this ranks very high on my tyrannical-corruption-ometer.

But this one looks pretty bad: "Sebelius Hatch Act Violations." I don't know what the Hatch Act is but it sounds pretty bad. Let's see:

quote:

HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius violated the Hatch Act, which prohibits certain political activity, when she made “extemporaneous partisan remarks” during a speech in her official capacity earlier this year, the U.S. Office of Special Counsel said Wednesday.

The Office of Special Counsel said she made the political remarks in her capacity as a federal employee and thus violated the Hatch Act. If Sebelius had made those remarks in her personal capacity, they would have been acceptable.

Oh. The. Corruption.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.

Fulchrum posted:

Nah, that's Glen McCoy. Glen's the one with a bit of talent. He's really good at pushing people's buttons and twisting words in such a way that they appeal to his core audience and rile up his detractors. He's hateful, but he's hateful in a manipulative way.

Gary's the lovely brother. He doesn't have his brother's talent for caricature or timing, he's not nearly as good at pushing people's buttons, and he's just kinda lovely and hateful in general.

Captain_Maclaine posted:

The Cold War was a hell of a drug, man, and it's doubly a pity we didn't stop building as if it hadn't really ended.

Not that they ever achieved the same numbers, but the Soviets had a pretty goddamn huge navy back in the day themselves (a lot of which is currently derelict, rusting away, and threatening to completely toxify those anchorages they were abandoned at).

The cold war is the gift that just keeps on giving, huh?

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
"EXECUTIVE ACTION" is a black splotch on the Oval Office carpet, according to Ramirez. He's allowed to be President, just as long as he doesn't do anything.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

I like the "Politicizing the Justice Department". You know who else politicized the Justice Department? John F. Kennedy to force Southern fuckheads to allow black children access to public schools.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

Tom Guycot posted:

Til death do us part panels.

Irradiation fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Feb 11, 2014

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Broken Loose posted:

"EXECUTIVE ACTION" is a black splotch on the Oval Office carpet, according to Ramirez. He's allowed to be President, just as long as he doesn't do anything.

I literally had no idea that was the Oval Office carpet. I thought those were holes broken in glass or something.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

Wait, Obstruction is your party's thing, and Executive Action is literally his job. Also DREAM Act (Not Enforcing Immigration) is pretty funny, in case you forgot if the DREAM Act was a bad thing or not.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Now, when Ramirez colorizes that, will the splotches be red (for the blood of the brave American patriots Obama has personally murdered) or brown (for mud (doo-doo))?

E: Of course, if it were a Lester cartoon, they would be rainbow, to remind us of the biggest scandal of the Obama administration: not hating gay people.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

"I see Sotomayer's not the only 'wise' latina'."

I guess "wise" is the only part acually in quotations and he added an apostrophe after "latina" because gently caress it why not? Really wish he would just use actual quotation marks for his stupid air quotes since he's not nesting anything.

Hell, he didn't even spell the woman's name right.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Rorus Raz posted:

Note that Bors has given a lot of his cartoonist friends (fully earned, don't get me wrong) gigs at Medium and yet Rall is nowhere to be found.

From a few pages back, but unfortunately this isn't true.

https://medium.com/the-nib/6d9309a7ce51

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Skyl3lazer posted:

Can't wait to see this masterpiece in color

Chantilly Say posted:

Now, when Ramirez colorizes that, will the splotches be red (for the blood of the brave American patriots Obama has personally murdered) or brown (for mud (doo-doo))?

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

edit: gently caress, wish I did the color one

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

What the gently caress is "Ukraine Auto Dealership", anyways? Even Google isn't helping me on that one.

Nyarai
Jul 19, 2012

Jenn here.

colonel_korn posted:

What the gently caress is "Ukraine Auto Dealership", anyways? Even Google isn't helping me on that one.

Apparently, an Obama/Biden donor received $20M to build a Porsche dealership in the Ukraine. There's not a legitimate news source to be seen in the search results, so I doubt it's a legitimate scandal.

MoFauxHawk
Jan 1, 2007

Mickey Mouse copyright
Walt Gisnep

"Individual manhate."

(Very good drawing.)

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

"OBSTRUCTIONISM"

:pcgaming:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thomas13206
Jun 18, 2013

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Nixon, known for the murdering of his political enemies.

Yup.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/39157420/ns/politics/t/nixon-plot-against-newspaper-columnist-detailed/

quote:

Feldstein also has uncovered new evidence that documents one of the more outrageous schemes of the Nixon presidency: a plot to assassinate Anderson by either putting poison in his medicine cabinet or exposing him to a “massive dose” of LSD by smearing it on the steering wheel of his car.

• Locked thread