Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schwza
Apr 28, 2008

SerSpook posted:

F, which is A but only if he tells us what the gently caress all this poo poo is about. A vow is a serious thing, and I want him to take one, and that he'll do it shortly. Also that he will not look into things not related to what we did. Asahel is fine, and he'd likely even approve of what we did considering what he knows, but Indor is a different matter.

+1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
F

Of course we will do A, but first:

- let us talk about it and give you our report. Then you can tell us about the gap between what you find and what we remembered

- before anything else happens though, tell us why you are so upset. I have never seen you like this before.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

JT Jag posted:

F: Ask if this truly is necessary, note that our memory of the events is actually fairly clear for once.
"It won't be clear enough if you simply tell me, you will skip details you don't understand you know.."

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

A I agree.

QUESTION: Should I lay down, relax, or do something?
"Relaxing will help. Do not try this. Plucking a surface thought or even an isolated old memory is not harmful, reading a longer period of something else entirely."

maxhush posted:

What does Ishamals presence look/feel like, with our new senses?
He seems no different than before you left.

JT Jag posted:

Did you know about what happened to me before I got back to Zepath?

If so, how?
"You were loud."

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

I want to tell Ishamal that we still don't poop. To allay his fears. That thing about us is still true.

Mr Apollo
Jan 1, 2013
A

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

SerSpook posted:

I want to tell Ishamal that we still don't poop. To allay his fears. That thing about us is still true.

Yes, but instead of like that Tell him that we are still full of poo poo.

Greggster
Aug 14, 2010
LEt Ishmahal probe our mind, he's been a bro since day 1 and we'll always skip on important details if we just retell it as we remember.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

A

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I'm so glad nobody had to ask what my vote was.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Ishamal taps your head briefly. Before your eyes with great speed you see the events at the goblin cave unfold as if they occurred again before you now. When you reach the scene where you screamed El's name, you black out for a brief moment and then awaken, you do not experience that moment of agony again. The memories play on and then the days ahead, till the moment you are seated here and then, they stop. You feel an intense headache as the memories play before your eyes but as they stop so does the pain.

"Sorry about that" Ishamal says somberly "it could not be helped, at least not much. Relaxing helped." He sighs. "I have had six and a half years to consider this day. I have delayed as best I could, trying to protect you and others from you... but I cannot continue as I have done. Uncle Jorah from your dreams would try to persuade you to not use your power until they came up with a better idea... that may as well be forever, they never would. They have failed, clearly. I love you boy, I have tried to protect you, but I must protect others from you as well."

He takes a deep breath and exhales. "You shall surpass Aaron. You shall surpass Barkof. You shall surpass Tudiya. Greatly so." He motions a hand to the stone bench in front of you. A beautiful flower sprouts from the stone bench.

"The world is beautiful, yet fragile. Like this flower. And like it, even a small, misplaced gesture might do grievous wound to it, let alone a malevolent one." Ishamal gestures slightly with a hand. A single petal on the flower turns to stone and the flower tips over from the weight. As the flower falls upon the bench, thousands of crack spread through the bench, which crumbles.

"The world would probably be best off without you in it. Probably. I cannot be certain. Yet if you only recall one teaching, do not destroy. If you recall two, make it this. Mercy is never misplaced. It may keep you awake at night and cause you grief for many long years but it is never the wrong choice. Others may disagree, but they are wrong... and now we must decide what to do with you. These are our choices, as best as I could consider, I dread each of them."

"The first. You could die. Some might say this is the wisest course of action, I find myself in a position where it is hard to disagree. Wisest, but not just. If you were to die now I have no doubt that your climb up the Mountain would be swift and easy. This is probably the safest and best choice for the world, though those who love you will surely grieve."

"The second. Castration. Both metaphorically and literally. You could be made so as to never surpass Tudiya, matching him, but no more. You would live a long life, but cripple your potential and thus the damage you might do. You would be made to never have children, though your flesh would be unharmed. The pain to do this will be far greater than anything you have felt, but once it is done is done and surely permanent."

"The third. Exile. You could be sent to a place far away, where you would never see another living soul again. Luxuries provided for you, anything you would like, but far from others and far from any harm you might cause. You could bring Snarls, the two of you would live long lives, if the private one."

"The fourth. Sleep. I cannot see the future, a day may come when the world changes in such a way that the danger you pose passes. I could bury you in the Mountain and perhaps a day my come when you can safely awaken. You could take the dog if you like. Such a day may not come, I do not know."

"The fifth. Learn. Some would call this the most foolish option of all. I think I am forced to agree. I will teach you how to use your power in a way so as to not slay yourself and I dearly hope, others. I will not teach you words to wreak havoc, nor other destructive things. Yet you must learn somewhere and how to control your own body seems the safest place to start. What you did in that cave could have gone wrong... horribly wrong and you'll surely do it again if only by accident."

Ishamal looks at the floor.

"I will not tell you the secrets of life, I don't think that I know them, what I do know are only my secrets and even I can't be certain that I have puzzled out why we are all here. I will not tell you who your father is until a day comes that I think it wise, I do not think it will be any day soon. Tudiya is likely mistaken. If you show yourself wise and in control of yourself, I will teach you more as the years pass. This comes with other conditions. You will not teach any of what I teach you to others, or even speak of it. You will not overly meddle in the affairs of the kings of the cities of Baitel, nor meddle at all with El's temples nor priests. There are others who you will subordinate yourself to. They shall tell you if you meddle too much and you will mind them, they may also tell you ways to fix your deeds if you do things which are unwise. You will know such persons when you meet them, you shall have no doubt of who they are, but you will not know who they are unless they will it."

Ishamal turns to look to you.

"...as to your offspring, if you have any..." Ishamal sighs. "You have a gentle heart, even if at times you are a fool and disobey your elders. I cannot be certain they will be kind hearted. You will leave any of your descendants, to me. I will not be cruel but I should do what I must. It would be wisest if you were made to not have children. Those who would fear what you would do would be far more at ease if they knew you could not have children... and you will save yourself the heartbreak of those of your sons who are wicked and must be dealt with."

Ishamal sighs "I love you boy, but the danger you pose is dire."

You tell Ishamal....
A. Choose death.
B. Choose to be limited to Tudiya's abilities and made sterile.
C. Choose exile and a long life someplace... far away.
D. Choose sleep, till a day comes that the danger you pose passes.
E. Choose to learn from Ishamal, which has many strings attached.
F. Choose to learn from Ishamal AND ask to be made so as to have no offspring.
G. Refuse to choose.
H. Walk away.
I. Run away.
J. Pray to El to smite Ishamal lest he harm you.
K. Pray to El to protect you from Ishamal.
L. Attack Ishamal.
M. Ask for time now to pray to El and think.
N. Something else. Fill in.

You can ask Ishamal anything you would like, normal conventions and rule for questions apply.

If you want to, feel free to join us on irc #madgod on synirc.net. The channel tends to always have some people in it and is especially active when updates go up.

If you do not know what IRC is, here is a web based chat version which will not require you to register or download anything: http://chat.mibbit.com/

Diogines fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Feb 11, 2014

ShotgunWillie
Aug 30, 2005

a sexy automaton -
powered by dark
oriental magic :roboluv:
E, Learn from Ishamal.

Who are you? What are you?

Then what am I? Why have I been chosen for this burden?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

ShotgunWillie posted:

E, Learn from Ishamal.

Who are you? What are you?

"You know my name and the stories they tell. That will have to be enough. There are many things I won't teach you, this is among them."

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
"What would you do to my children?"

ShotgunWillie
Aug 30, 2005

a sexy automaton -
powered by dark
oriental magic :roboluv:

Diogines posted:

"You know my name and the stories they tell. That will have to be enough. There are many things I won't teach you, this is among them."

You got me before my ninja-edit!

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
You're my favourite, Diogines.

falcon2424
May 2, 2005

H - Walk away.

"Strike me down if you must. But I won't voluntarily end my life. And I won't sell children to save it."

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

If you won't tell me who you are, what am I?

Also I choose E, learn. We will cross other bridges when we come to them. For what it's worth, not fighting, that is a thing I can actually approve of.

I do want more on Ishamal's proposal though. Tudiya said we are to be wed to Naomi tomorrow. Will we still be wed, and may I still raise my children with you watching them or will they simply be gone?

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Lightnin? HA! Thats a good 'un!
Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!
"and what if I choose nothing"

What an rear end in a top hat.

F. Pray to El for guidance. If nothing comes up then we should head to Baitel. To the temple of El there.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Vavrek posted:

"What would you do to my children?"
"Be as gentle as I can. They will pose dangers as well. It would probably be for the best if you did not have any children by your body. It will not seem too odd, Tudiya had only one son in his long life. You could claim the sons of others as yours if you wish to be a father."

Edited Ishamal's initial bit SLIGHTLY on the portion about your kids, edited in a new option, option F, which is E with a change.

Diogines fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Feb 11, 2014

ShotgunWillie
Aug 30, 2005

a sexy automaton -