Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

McDragon posted:

Only 2000? Pah, amateur. :colbert:

The last upgrade unlocks at 2000 chips. I have way more than that, but I thought we were beyond dickwaving here. At this point everyone has been here long enough to get everything, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Merijn posted:

The last upgrade unlocks at 2000 chips. I have way more than that, but I thought we were beyond dickwaving here. At this point everyone has been here long enough to get everything, right?

Yeah, I was only kidding. Play it how you like, obviously.

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

Personally I think with updates as sparse as they are, and since the popularity behind the game dwindled as much as it has, Orteil should just gather an average of the ridiculous cookie amounts out there, make one final update with absurd goals, put it out there and let it be.

...of course, I'd still expect to see a few "Well I already had enough cookies for all of this, what a sham." posts. :v:

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

I have a stupid question, since I've only been playing the game for a few days.

Does the Heavenly Chips multiplier multiply my CPS, or does it simply add to the CPS multiplier?

To rephrase, if I'm producing 10,000cps and my current CPS Bonus is shown at 1,000%. If I gain 100 HC, does the 200% bonus I'll get from those HC mean that I'm now producing 20,000 cps (ie, 200% of my current CPS)? Or does it simply add to the CPS bonus and mean I'm now producing 12,000cps?

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

AlphaDog posted:

I have a stupid question, since I've only been playing the game for a few days.

Does the Heavenly Chips multiplier multiply my CPS, or does it simply add to the CPS multiplier?

To rephrase, if I'm producing 10,000cps and my current CPS Bonus is shown at 1,000%. If I gain 100 HC, does the 200% bonus I'll get from those HC mean that I'm now producing 20,000 cps (ie, 200% of my current CPS)? Or does it simply add to the CPS bonus and mean I'm now producing 12,000cps?

It's additive, not multiplicative. So the bonus would become 1200% and you would have 12,000 CpS.

Shovelmint
Apr 22, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
The kitten workers are multiplicative with the heavenly chips, though.

Internet Alias
Dec 5, 2005
Mirrors are more fun than television.
I got tired of watching for reindeer and decided to try out frozen cookies. Came back to 500 reindeer found, the most I got myself before resetting was 61.

Then I reset during a frenzy and it carried over while frozen cookies did its thing. In less than 90 seconds I had 30 condensers and 77 upgrades.

:f5h::supaburn::f5h:

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
Finally, new content. Lots of content.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Oh god prisms increased my cps by 10x.

Loren1350
Mar 30, 2007
Crap, I've always had this thing where I try to make sure cursors outproduce grandmas (I don't know why, something about not letting grandmas outproduce "me" I guess). The new rainbow grandma thing is going to ruin it.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

God damnit I was done with this poo poo.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Broseph Brostar posted:

Oh god prisms increased my cps by 10x.

Yeah, this is nuts. 27 trillion to 190 trillion so far

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

My god, it's finally happened.
All my work, diligently resetting every morning has paid off. Armed with over 100k heavenly chips, let's do this!

Now to get 200 of everything.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Welp, here we go again.

I don't know how to unlock the Heart cookies, but they all popped up one after another so I'm fully upgraded again.

Guessing the new hidden Achievement I haven't got is 200 of everything, judging by the position in the table.

M3wThr33
Sep 4, 2004

I gave up long ago trying to contribute anything ever.
PRISMS!

Are reindeer still going to happen? I never got close to 200 clicked.

Shovelmint
Apr 22, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
You probably have to activate the christmas event to make reindeer appear now. Gonna need 5000 heavenly chips to activate seasonal events, though.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

M3wThr33 posted:

PRISMS!

Are reindeer still going to happen? I never got close to 200 clicked.

I think they can be toggled when you hit 5000 heavenly chips.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

There's a new upgrade that lets you switch to a previous "seasonal" thing for 24 hours.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Is the valentines event anything besides the 6 heart cookies you can buy?

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
I think he just updated so the valentine's thing works.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

McDragon posted:

Guessing the new hidden Achievement I haven't got is 200 of everything, judging by the position in the table.

Confirmed. I had a really stupid amount saved up and got 200 prisms for that achievement.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

GodFish posted:

Is the valentines event anything besides the 6 heart cookies you can buy?

Falling hearts in the background, golden cookies appear as hearts.

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
Did the heavenly chip formula change? With Prisms I should be making a ludicrous amount of them.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Got about 25 quintillion from a frenzied click frenzy :unsmith:

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

McDragon posted:

There's a new upgrade that lets you switch to a previous "seasonal" thing for 24 hours.

I loving came home drunk and didn't realize this is what was happening and wasted all my built up money switching between drat seasons because I thought new cookies kept popping up :doh:

So anyway now I need to save up more money to buy out more prisms as well as get everything to 150! Woo!

M3wThr33
Sep 4, 2004

Getting to 200 of Portals and above is going to be tough. At 183 Portals, 146 Time Machines, 130 Condensors and 95 Prisms...

Currently at 723 chips. A reset would net me 3,774... Wonder if that's worth it.

Edit:
I think I'll go for a few more achievements to boost the milk, and reset. Then once I hit 5k, I'll reset again.

M3wThr33 fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Feb 14, 2014

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
Yes that's definitely worth it. The more often you reset the sooner you'll benefit from the chips which snowballs into further benefit later. Obviously within reasonable limits. I reset about every 1000ish chips usually.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Nevermind, the valentine's setting only seems to be regular cookies. Should I just be running christmas?

M3wThr33
Sep 4, 2004

Dum Cumpster posted:

Nevermind, the valentine's setting only seems to be regular cookies. Should I just be running christmas?

From what I can tell, at least so far, Valentine's theme doesn't have any special long term achievements.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

M3wThr33 posted:

From what I can tell, at least so far, Valentine's theme doesn't have any special long term achievements.

Well it doesn't even give the extra cookies that the reindeer would be, as far as I can tell.

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Hell of a book. It's about bunnies!

Hooray, somehow all my saved progress and heavenly chips and everything got wiped with this update! I'm free! FREE!

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008

MrGreenShirt posted:

Hooray, somehow all my saved progress and heavenly chips and everything got wiped with this update! I'm free! FREE!

You could just cheat your way back to the heavenly chips you had before...

(you'd also get an achievement out of it)

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005
Holy poo poo the new update is insane. Before the update my Max Frenzy Lucky Cookie was 60 Qa. Now my regular Lucky Cookie is 75 Qa. Is there any benefit to changing seasons though? I mean, once you get all of the bonuses for each season?

sethsez
Jul 14, 2006

He's soooo dreamy...

Jonked posted:

Holy poo poo the new update is insane. Before the update my Max Frenzy Lucky Cookie was 60 Qa. Now my regular Lucky Cookie is 75 Qa. Is there any benefit to changing seasons though? I mean, once you get all of the bonuses for each season?

As far as I can tell, Christmas has reindeer and the others have nothing.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
I got some browser malware like an idiot and had to reinstall chrome, and didn't even think about copying my save file over, like a bigger idiot. :negative:

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Hell of a book. It's about bunnies!

The Fattest PI posted:

You could just cheat your way back to the heavenly chips you had before...

(you'd also get an achievement out of it)

Oh who am I kidding? I'm already back up to half a mil cps and counting.

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005

sethsez posted:

As far as I can tell, Christmas has reindeer and the others have nothing.
Do the wrinklers still show up even if you're not in Halloween mode?

sethsez
Jul 14, 2006

He's soooo dreamy...

Jonked posted:

Do the wrinklers still show up even if you're not in Halloween mode?

They do, but you don't get Halloween cookies from them.

As far as I can tell, it's best to just get all the upgrades and then spend the rest of the time in Christmas mode.

M3wThr33
Sep 4, 2004

Well, I reset. I'm at 4.8T cps. I tried the latest Cookie Monster, but it's broken as gently caress, so I went back to the old one that works fine.

At my current rate it'll be a few days before I get to 5000 chips, then I'll reset again for the holiday mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Frozen Cookie still seems to work, even though it sees the Prisms as a chained upgrade instead of a building.

quote:

14/02/2014 - lovely rainbowcalypse
-new building (it's been a while). More to come!
-you can now trigger seasonal events to your heart's content (upgrade unlocks at 5000 heavenly chips)
-new ultra-expensive batch of seasonal cookie upgrades you'll love to hate
-new timer bars for golden cookie buffs
-buildings are now hidden when you start out and appear as they become available
-technical stuff : the game is now saved through localstorage instead of browser cookies, therefore ruining a perfectly good pun ( :lol: )

• Locked thread