Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cbear
Mar 22, 2005
I just started and am hooked. Is it worth joining a goon clan or should I wait til I'm somewhat of a help?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Join as you rebuild your clan castle. We don't mind donating troops!

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
Is there a way to delete things out of your village? Like say, collectors? Or, just reset your purchases or even the whole game altogether and start over again from the beginning without doing a new gamecenter account?

I'm thinking you would be a lot better off with one storage of each type and no collectors and everything else dedicated to layered defenses.

ixo
Sep 8, 2004

m'bloaty

Fun Shoe
I'm pretty sure you'd have to do a whole new gamecenter account.

Having almost no collectors wouldn't really help you. You'd be denying resources to attackers, but to yourself as well. It would also mean fewer buildings for enemy troops to chew through before getting to your storages. As for only one storage... a maxed level storage will hold 2 million. What will you do when each upgrade costs 2.5 million?

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
That won't fly later on in the game as the upgrades get more expensive than you can store in one storage. Also I think it's stupid to NOT ugrade your collectors to the max. I maxed them as soon as I could and at no point have I regretted it, on the contrary I get more money during downtimes.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

ixo posted:

I'm pretty sure you'd have to do a whole new gamecenter account.

As for only one storage... a maxed level storage will hold 2 million. What will you do when each upgrade costs 2.5 million?

You could buy another one when you needed it?

I guess it doesn't really make much difference if you have no collectors or the collectors are just sitting outside your walls. I was just trying to make your defense look like something people would rather avoid and thus not cost you cups/earn you cups.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

Nauta posted:

That won't fly later on in the game as the upgrades get more expensive than you can store in one storage. Also I think it's stupid to NOT ugrade your collectors to the max. I maxed them as soon as I could and at no point have I regretted it, on the contrary I get more money during downtimes.

Eh, Once you get into the day and two day upgrade times I think you're better off just going up to the next TH level. I usually upgrade my collectors while my TH is upgrading as they are fairly cheap and I can still have a lot of gold/elixer to start the new TH stuff I get. I'm not regretting this either, I've fairly efficiently gone up in level without spending the time/builders to upgrade. Of course this whole argument is moot if you have 4 or 5 builders at a low level TH.

EDIT: Speaking of which, I had brush cleared/achievemented enough to get the 3rd builder before Sweet Victory, and then used $5 on an itunes gift card I got for X-mas to get the 4th builder once I did get the achievement and it's been very helpful. I'm not saying spend money on the game but the 4th builder has been very very handy in getting my buildings up to max quickly.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

b0ng posted:

Eh, Once you get into the day and two day upgrade times I think you're better off just going up to the next TH level. I usually upgrade my collectors while my TH is upgrading as they are fairly cheap and I can still have a lot of gold/elixer to start the new TH stuff I get. I'm not regretting this either, I've fairly efficiently gone up in level without spending the time/builders to upgrade. Of course this whole argument is moot if you have 4 or 5 builders at a low level TH.

I think this is a great approach and your totally correct, unfortunately im a massive sperg lord so this wont do at all.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I can't put into words how angry I get when my 2 healers decide to follow around the ONE giant who wandered away from the pack to go whack on a cannon for 2 minutes, while the other 14 giants get destroyed by actual defenses.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Or when you drop 50 archers near a wall and they all piss off to aimlessly pew pew at builders huts and army caps while your giants smash themselves against multiple cannons at once

Dirty Karma
Jul 3, 2007
^ that's half the reason gobbos rock so much. They shred out resourses quick so your archers will stop dicking around.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

Dirty Karma posted:

^ that's half the reason gobbos rock so much. They shred out resourses quick so your archers will stop dicking around.

They shred the resources great, archers still love walls because they are stupid.

EDIT: I joined WeBeSlanginHoes and I'll open it up so anybody can join. Don't care about low level guys because you can donate and help the other peeps. I can donate dragon and the other leader can do pekkas and witches. This clan started because 4 of us work together and I talked with them and they are fine with goons coming in. Don't expect to be co-lead or anything silly like that.

b0ng fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Feb 19, 2014

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

b0ng posted:

don't grind your collectors. If you have a need to spend all of your resources, walls/defenses and troop upgrades should take up plenty of elixir and gold. I'm going to be TH7 soon and I have two level 9 collectors (one drank one gold) and the rest are level 8. Raiding gets you way more resources.

I'm about to upgrade to TH8 with level 5/6 collectors :shepface:

Murgos posted:

Is there a way to delete things out of your village? Like say, collectors? Or, just reset your purchases or even the whole game altogether and start over again from the beginning without doing a new gamecenter account?

I'm thinking you would be a lot better off with one storage of each type and no collectors and everything else dedicated to layered defenses.

More storages are actually better than less. You are capped to give out say 200k resources from your storages (mines are different, they can cap 50% of the stored amount). When you distribute them across multiple storages you can make it very difficult to successfully destroy all the storages of a single type, barring of course people that are significantly stronger than you. This assumes you don't place all your gold storages in a single spot.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
So I just wiped my GS3 and installed a new OS (which is awesome btw), but I apparently never linked my CoC village to my google account and lost everything :(. I emailed them to see if they can restore it, but they haven't gotten back to me yet. Ughhh

Omniblivion
Oct 17, 2012
I just booted 4-5 people from Lift- they looked like they were inactive (and didn't have any builders running). If those people are in fact active, just shoot another request to join and I'll accept.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Is there a goon clan I can join? I'm on android if that matters.

Seluin
Jan 4, 2004

The Bananana posted:

Is there a goon clan I can join? I'm on android if that matters.

There's a pretty good post about it right here!

Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup

Seluin posted:

There's a pretty good post about it right here!

I tried to join and they rejected me. WHY DID THEY REJECT ME!?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

quote:

Your invitation request MUST include a reference to SA in some way, or you will be rejected. If the clan is full, you will also be rejected.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

I should stop accepting people who don't read the OP :colbert:

There really is something magical about some player a few levels above you getting dominated by clan troops you shouldn't have for your level :allears:

Smoking_Dragon
Dec 12, 2001

WOE UNTO THEE
Pillbug

Secret Sweater posted:

I tried to join and they rejected me. WHY DID THEY REJECT ME!?

I tried to accept somebody earlier but the clan was full.

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Been sniping town halls and came across this layout today.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

cr4zyd
Mar 31, 2011

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Am i doing this wrong or are gold and elixir really unbalanced in this game? It seems that gold is almost worthless as i always have my stores pretty much maxed out but im constantly way behing in the blue stuff and constantly have to raid for more.

It would be pretty sweet if you could use gold for other stuff other than walls and defence upgrades, even if it was REALLY expensive cos ive always got so much to burn. Ive currently got a million in the bank and nothing to spend it on for the next few days until my upgrades are done.

EDIT: Even if you could give it to other clan members, like a gift option.

ixo
Sep 8, 2004

m'bloaty

Fun Shoe
It is completely unbalanced in the opposite way that you think.

My walls are currently 500k each. Just wait a few TH's

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I'm TH6 at the moment and ALWAYS have an abundance of gold, while constantly being short on drank. It is much easier to find bases with tons of gold to raid, but rare to find ones full of elixer. What TH level does this change at?

Smoking_Dragon
Dec 12, 2001

WOE UNTO THEE
Pillbug

RCarr posted:

I'm TH6 at the moment and ALWAYS have an abundance of gold, while constantly being short on drank. It is much easier to find bases with tons of gold to raid, but rare to find ones full of elixer. What TH level does this change at?

At Town Hall 7 walls cost 200k each to upgrade.

ixo
Sep 8, 2004

m'bloaty

Fun Shoe
A bit at TH7, a lot at TH8. You'll still find tons of gold, but your defenses will cost over 2 million each to upgrade, and you'll have about 125 million worth of walls to take care of (assuming you've kept up on them)

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

If you need drank just raid with bees on full collector bases. You will max out your storages pretty quickly.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

What the hell are bees

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

RCarr posted:

What the hell are bees

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

RCarr posted:

What the hell are bees

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
Guys I posted on the CoC forums to try and recover my account, it looks like I have to wait a month... so I'll just have to start over I guess. A sad day, truly. When I repair my new Clan Castle, you can boot McSpankwich from 500Dolla and invite the new me, alternatively, you can just boot him now and I'll hope for the best when I get there. I may not even get there...

Total Confusion
Oct 9, 2004

RCarr posted:

What the hell are bees

Barbarians

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

RCarr posted:

What the hell are bees

nothing but Barbarians/Goblins/Archers, usually equal quantities of barbarians and archers. Great for swarm attacks on exposed collectors.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Gangringo posted:

nothing but Barbarians/Goblins/Archers, usually equal quantities of barbarians and archers. Great for swarm attacks on exposed collectors.

Is that better than swarms of Goblins? Cause I've just been zerging the crap out of stuff with goblins.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Just applied for SHOWMEYOURPEKKA as MacKahnald's. I have been caught in the lovely skinner box of this game for two weeks now, currently sitting at TH4 slowly upgrading my walls and collectors/storages. Send help and/or dragons.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
How do you float over 15k DE and hold it? Every time I'm over 15k DE I get hit for 800-900. Am I just expected to steal more in a single session than I can lose and then ride out the shield? I've been basically stealing huge sums off of people in my revenge book so there was no possibility to retaliate.

Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup

jm20 posted:

How do you float over 15k DE and hold it? Every time I'm over 15k DE I get hit for 800-900. Am I just expected to steal more in a single session than I can lose and then ride out the shield?
Yes, you are. If you're Th7 though you don't have any drills, which makes it more of a burden.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

Murgos posted:

Is that better than swarms of Goblins? Cause I've just been zerging the crap out of stuff with goblins.

Goblins will get instantly wrecked by wizard towers or mortars, plus they only go for resource buildings. With barb/archer the barbs will tank a few hits before they die and you'll take out all the unprotected buildings for a 50% victory. In addition you can hit the first row of buildings behind walls without getting through them.