Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Monkey Fracas posted:

Huh, usually Glenn isn't so banal.

He would usually try and make the dog a liberal politician or something.

Lady Naga fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Feb 22, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

R. Mute posted:

He's good, but looking through his archive, I can just see the ones this thread wouldn't be able to handle.
Doesn't seem to be the type to use a lot of weather vanes, but okay.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Where's that Simpsons GIF when you need it?

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

D.N. Nation posted:

That's six strips in a row that have started with the READY banner.

You can't expect Allie to actually draw for the comic he illustrates!!

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Congratulations to Peters for cramming so many clashing references to one cartoon. And labeling shirtless Putin. Just why is Putin, a former KGB man, wielding a molotov coctail, while singing a Beatles song?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

pkfan2004 posted:

Hey, don't be a dick and drag innocent talking animal strips like Pooch Cafe into this. That's just rude.

Poncho is an rear end in a top hat and totally deserves this though.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Metal Gear final bosses keep getting weirder.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Doc Hawkins posted:

Snow machines son!

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Doc Hawkins posted:

I dunno, its still not quite topping the homoerotic wrestling match with the arm of your dead twin.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Oh my god, thank you so much Peters. Not because this is a well-made cartoon or anything, but I've been waiting two whole weeks for someone to reference "Back in the USSR." The wait is over, the other shoe has dropped.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Rygar201 posted:

Where's that Simpsons GIF when you need it?

JT Jag fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Feb 22, 2014

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Eric Lewis goes above and beyond the call of duty this week with respect to animal puns

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Holy poo poo. I guess Animal Nuz proves that we hate all shills equally then?

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Why is Walker a Nazi? There are way more Tea Partiers that are one hood shy of a white supremacist than Walker is. Walker is just an empty suit with marionette strings pulled by the Koch Brothers.

Also Bob Corker won that vote and won't feel any repercussions for lying.

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
...I've only just noticed the signature strip in the fourth panel. Does that mean he gets paid for this poo poo, too? All this time I thought it was some nutter's webcomic that we humoured because of its dumb animal puns and painfully shameless cheerleading.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

TheDarkFlame posted:

...I've only just noticed the signature strip in the fourth panel. Does that mean he gets paid for this poo poo, too? All this time I thought it was some nutter's webcomic that we humoured because of its dumb animal puns and painfully shameless cheerleading.

No, he's a professional cartoonist and industrial designer that even got cartoons published in the New Yorker.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

As much as I hate that Animal Nuz cartoon, I still have the biggest smile on my face.

Bob Corgi :allears:

onecooldana
Jan 29, 2006

BLAH BLAH BLAH
BLAH BLAH BLAH
SEND 'EM A MESSAGE
BLAH BLAH BLAH
I love Animal Nuz only as a source of great avatars. This one does not disappoint.

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

Looking at this a second time, I figured out what was making me perplexed: Twerking is about (implied) grinding, not humping.

"POTUS meets with the Dali Lama... then with Pope because secular"? I don't get it, why'd he have them in the tickers? And why include the "because secular"?

Wales Grey fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Feb 22, 2014

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

onecooldana posted:

I love Animal Nuz only as a source of great avatars. This one does not disappoint.

:hfive:

Wales Grey posted:

"POTUS meets with the Dali Lama... then with Pope because secular"? I don't get it, why'd he have them in the tickers? And why include the "because secular"?

Yeah the ticker this time is a bit Muir-esque, not sure exactly what he's saying. Though I'm sure the implication is that Obama is totally awesome.

made of bees
May 21, 2013
You make reference to the Dalai Lama in your animal puns comic and don't call him the Dalai Llama? Shame on you, Animal Nuz, I expect better/worse from you.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Post 9-11 User posted:

China spends a minimal amount of effort supporting or restraining North Korea for the same reason it did not get involved in Iraq (neither the resource grab nor the occupation). Knowing that the United States radically over-reaches in global affairs, minimal effort in either situation allows China to focus on domestic affairs while the United States wastes trillions of dollars on foreign intervention while it implodes internally. North Korea duped the Bush government into giving it billions in aid in exchange for halting a completely bogus nuclear weapons program, that was just icing on the cake.

Why get hurt trying to stop a rival company from destroying itself? Let it commit suicide and flourish in its absence. It's like what Reagan did to the Russians, except China isn't causing its own decimation in playing chicken like Reagan did.

I don't think its as eleventh dimensional chess as you make it out to be. China's government is about is jingoistic and overreaching as the US one, just with more limited reach.

China wasn't thrilled at the Arab Spring, what with the whole "mass uprisings overthrowing authoritarian governments"; they are likely really not big fans of the idea of North Korea's Mao-inspired personality cult state collapsing right next door to them. Not that I'd expect there is much love lost between the two states; China and Korea have not had a very happy relationship historically in general, so the likely aftermath of the fairly western style, allies of America South Korean government having full reign over the Korean peninsula isn't something China would be really keen to work towards either. Not to mention the destabilizing effect having a government collapse right next door tends to have on your own business; refugees, violence, and the like.

For that matter, I don't think China would really be all that thrilled, at least in the short term, if America were to implode internally. The Great Recession has already been a huge enough pain in the rear end for them to deal with, as far as I'm aware. Its not really anything like the Cold War; China and America are pretty heavily economically dependent on each other for the moment, and for all the poo poo the two give each other, neither one really gets in the way of the other too much aside from the usual posturing and the opinions of military hard liners.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I can't decide whether to love Animal Nuz for the dumb punpacalypse contained in every strip or hate it for being shill trash.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

Are rightwingers really upset that the First Lady is appearing on the Tonight Show rather than dealing with world crises?

Also, how can Obama be leading from behind if he's in front? :frog:

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

Monkey Fracas posted:

I can't decide whether to love Animal Nuz for the dumb punpacalypse contained in every strip or hate it for being shill trash.

Why not... both?

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

GorfZaplen posted:

btw come see my band Bimbo Eruption at Flannigan's on 1st ave @ 7 PM tomorrow!

Just so you know, Muir didn't make up the phrase "bimbo eruption", it was the term coined by Clinton's gubernatorial chief of staff Betsey Wright during his 1992 campaign to describe the repeated emergence of women who had salacious stories to tell about Clinton, and then word got out to the press about the phrase. It was hard to avoid hearing the phrase if you were paying attention to the news in the early-mid 1990s.

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

I had to look up what exactly the deal is with the Smart Meters. Apparently they can spy on your power usage, what you watch on TV, report your movements to the Illuminati, intentionally give you can cancer for big pharma, and/or perform medical experiments on you like a lab rat depending on what level of crazy you are. Global warming is the fake excuse used to promote their use.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

tacodaemon posted:

Just so you know, Muir didn't make up the phrase "bimbo eruption", it was the term coined by Clinton's gubernatorial chief of staff Betsey Wright during his 1992 campaign to describe the repeated emergence of women who had salacious stories to tell about Clinton, and then word got out to the press about the phrase. It was hard to avoid hearing the phrase if you were paying attention to the news in the early-mid 1990s.

It'd still make a great name for a band :colbert:

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

Rorus Raz posted:

As much as I hate that Animal Nuz cartoon, I still have the biggest smile on my face.

Bob Corgi :allears:

I was going to say this, his cartoons are terrible but i love some of the animal puns.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I just don't think "Bob Corgi" is very punny. I would've preferred making him the frog and calling him "Bob Croaker".

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

colonel_korn posted:

:hfive:

Yeah the ticker this time is a bit Muir-esque, not sure exactly what he's saying. Though I'm sure the implication is that Obama is totally awesome.

The first two panels were about how criticisms of him as a corporatist were off-base so it's probably safe to assume that the second part of it is about mocking the people who think he hates religion by showing how he's meeting with religious leaders.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.
mods change my name to Darrell Isssssa

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

This post is hurting the economy!

CampingCarl posted:

I had to look up what exactly the deal is with the Smart Meters. Apparently they can spy on your power usage, what you watch on TV, report your movements to the Illuminati, intentionally give you can cancer for big pharma, and/or perform medical experiments on you like a lab rat depending on what level of crazy you are. Global warming is the fake excuse used to promote their use.

Honestly the first complaint is actually the craziest one, because the express purpose of a any meter is to monitor your usage so the power company can charge you for it. It seems to me that transmitting it back to the company instead of having some random dude looking snooping around your property to get a look at it seems a lot less intrusive.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Found this old Bennett, not sure where it's from

El-Bonko
Oct 9, 2012

cafel posted:

Honestly the first complaint is actually the craziest one, because the express purpose of a any meter is to monitor your usage so the power company can charge you for it. It seems to me that transmitting it back to the company instead of having some random dude looking snooping around your property to get a look at it seems a lot less intrusive.

The difference is that a manual reading can only tell you how much power has been used since the last one. These can presumably report your usage moment to moment, which could be used to chart your habits to some extent, like what hours you're home/awake and so on. No doubt a serious concern to a conspiracy theorist.

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

This post is hurting the economy!
Cross posting from the Eastern Europe thread:

How do you think McCoy would feel about his cartoons being used to make the case against America and Democracy?

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Bennett does really good cartoons, but goddamn I hate how he suffers from label-itis. You don't need to tell the audience that that's a lock box. We'd figure it out cause of the goddamned LOCK! :mad:

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Really. You labeled the lock box. The box. With a lock on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
He also labelled the trigger lock, if you look close enough.

I'm surprised he didn't label the ocean in the third panel.

• Locked thread