Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

I don't see the Network app on the PS3 PSN store. Anyone installed in there?

it's there I installed it earlier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

If this is the general thread do we need a gameday thread for "this is what's live right now" as well as a thread for "let's organize a viewing of this random thing" like the PSP-TV thread? Or should this double as one of those?

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

epitasis posted:

it's there I installed it earlier

Me too, working great.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

epitasis posted:

If this is the general thread do we need a gameday thread for "this is what's live right now" as well as a thread for "let's organize a viewing of this random thing" like the PSP-TV thread? Or should this double as one of those?

I agree with this, a thread of just random insights/thoughts from whatever people are watching might be interesting, if not an chaotic mess.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Network rules

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
I have to say, now that I've gotten on there, I'm kinda enjoying this "Beyond the Ring" show.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RetroHelix posted:

Glorious. The WWE Network is truly the greatest thing in Sports Entertainment™ history.

While WWE is the high end of the spectrum could you ever imagine how TNA (which is unfair as their catalog sucks rear end), but Jim Crockett ever tried to setup this up (assuming some alt world where both groups are still around. I'd make a joke about NJPW, but I recall they now have stuff in HD streaming IIRC.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Photex posted:

that was Heatwave 99 where the dudleys threw the slurs around i think.

poo poo, Goddamn, and rear end are not censored. The slurs, gently caress, and dick are censored.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Do they have the Wolfpac theme still, or did they have to dub that out too?

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp
Nevermind the live stream is back to not working for me. Poo.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

triplexpac posted:

Do they have the Wolfpac theme still, or did they have to dub that out too?

If they don't have that theme how will I know how to not end up in a body bag?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

TLC2 still owns, but man in hindsight watching them set up some of the spots is so dumb (just like some of those spots)

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

OK I got the app installed on my PS3, but now every time I load a video, it hangs at 4 seconds into the ratings card. Oh well, at least the website works for me.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Just a heads up it actually looks like elimination Chamber is up to watch.

NoMoneyDown
Jan 27, 2009

I've got the advantage. You've got nothing.
Watching the Bret vs Shawn DVD for the first time on WWE Network. Jim Ross just being a classy host sells it for me. And of course, business as usual for the WWE video monkeys.

Only an event like this could get me excited to watch Wrestlemania I with enthusiasm.

EDIT: Is it possible for there to be a thread for the network's live events as they happen? I assume there's gonna be threads for stuff like NXT Arrival and Legends House, but it would certainly be a useful tool if WWE Network has anything unique up their sleeve for live streaming in the future.

NoMoneyDown fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Feb 24, 2014

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

The_Rob posted:

If they don't have that theme how will I know how to not end up in a body bag?

That's what I'm worried about :ohdear:

Also I'm curious how bad a fake version of that theme could be. I assume it'll be Nash's TNA theme?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The_Rob posted:

Just a heads up it actually looks like elimination Chamber is up to watch.

I'm seeing neither it nor the Rumble so far?

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3S9ODZCk0H4

hahahahahahahah

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

For this, WWE deserves All The Money. And I loving love the triumphant YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHs.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I see the Chamber Kickoff, but not the show.

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

Lacey is really good actually
just found the first music edit to really urk me, Koko B. Ware coming out to Owen Harts King of Hearts theme on raw 1

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I'm seeing neither it nor the Rumble so far?

Yeah they messed up the description. It's 2013 chamber. But it's telling me it's the 2014 for some reason.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

SamuraiFoochs posted:

For this, WWE deserves All The Money. And I loving love the triumphant YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHs.

Yeah, the image of them all waiting in anticipation for it is hilarious. A+ video would watch again

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Are you guys getting any old content to play at all? All I get is the rating thing then nothing.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

skaboomizzy posted:

Are you guys getting any old content to play at all? All I get is the rating thing then nothing.

Yeah, I'm getting it fine.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

skaboomizzy posted:

I watched a full Raw from 1998, the first 25 minutes of Fall Brawl '96, and seeked through a few ECW PPVs. No problems yet.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Old content took a whiiiile to load after the rating but then was smooth

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I've never seen Austin vs. Hart before.
Ken Shamrock using Linda's theme song is pretty funny.

NoMoneyDown
Jan 27, 2009

I've got the advantage. You've got nothing.

skaboomizzy posted:

There's a few hiccups when I try to watch things like Barely Legal '97, and Slamboree '98. Of course, it might be due to the fact that where I was in the house with my Kindle didn't have a spectacular range with my router. Running it on PS3 which has a wired connection, and there's no noticeable problem.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

I've never seen Austin vs. Hart before.
Ken Shamrock using Linda's theme song is pretty funny.

Hang on, they've dubbed the Wrestlemania: the album song to Ken Shamrock? I really hope this is universal.

spanky69
Nov 5, 2004
I THINK sba HAS LOST HIS MIND. WOOOOOO DOGGIES PUPPIES KITTENS CRAP TURDS, love sba
Fun Shoe
If you will excuse me, I will see you all Thursday on Thunder.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Giedroyc posted:

Hang on, they've dubbed the Wrestlemania: the album song to Ken Shamrock? I really hope this is universal.

Nah, I'm pretty sure he came out to that on the original Mania 13 broadcast because it was his debut.

Fooly Cooly 25
Jan 18, 2005

Todo lo tuyo ahora es MIO
I try to load up Main Event episodes but I get nothing after the inital rating screen. It acutally boots me back to the menu..

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Giedroyc posted:

He actually used that when he was guest referee.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Alright it seems like the network is totally down for me right now. None of the on demand things are working, and now the stream isn't working.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Fooly Cooly 25 posted:

I try to load up Main Event episodes but I get nothing after the inital rating screen. It acutally boots me back to the menu..

Give it time. I'm sure it'll even out.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

skaboomizzy posted:

Busy right now, but old WWF PPVs were working fine but not the stuff in the Vault.

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp
I wonder if any international people could post how things are going for them right now. It seems like you need a VPN to get the live stream working if you're outside the US, or at least that's my experience:

- With just something like Media Hint or Hola, I can only see on demand stuff. The livestream gives a "media not found" error.
- With a VPN service like Unblock US, I can see the livestream and on demand stuff.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Two questions: Where are the old Raws? Did the WWE app disappear for anyone else with a Samsung smart tv?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Kevin Nash (WCW Champion) & Sting vs Randy Savage & Sid in a tag team match where the winner of the fall becomes WCW Champion. Sometimes I wish dumb stipulations like this were left forgotten to time.

SalTheBard posted:

Two questions: Where are the old Raws? Did the WWE app disappear for anyone else with a Samsung smart tv?

Old Raws were never confirmed. That was speculation months ago. The only old Raw are the first handful and couple of big ones from 1998. The rest are from 2012 and 2013.