Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Carsius posted:

Someone has yet to experience the joys of Blizzard customer support.

I always had good experiences with Blizzard support, but then, most of my interactions were just requesting that they free up character names for me from inactive accounts. Maybe some day I'll be able to do that in GW2 and have all the bird names. :allears:

e:

I hate everything about this picture.

LITERALLY A BIRD fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Feb 25, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I hate you Arenanet.

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.
That is the most :effort: thing from Anet I've seen in the last 15 minutes or so.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Batham posted:

While I don't play a ranger myself, it boggles my mind why they didn't make the Ranger's pet optional like in GW1.

Edit: Guess this means spirit weapons will also remain forever and always utterly useless.

A petless ranger would still have a bunch of issues, a lot of the problems they have are tied directly to overall game balance, there's roughly a billion bosses with AoE poo poo or annoying one shot mechanics and pets end up getting the brunt of these, the shittiest thing is that a lot of those one shot mechanics have no discernible tells, its just happens and woop you're dead, a good example if the honor of the wave boss 2, that dude has an attack that looks like he's swimming with one of his arm sticking out, when he does this, HIS ENTIRE MODEL is a loving hitbox, even if you're behind him you can get hit and this attack hits on every single frame for like 4k, even a full traited tougness, soldier gear guardian will go down in the blink of an eye.

Rangers also have some of the worst utility skills in the game.

I love mine but its a deeply flawed class and its pretty obvious Anet didn't give any fucks when designing it. Its also plagued by the worst players in the game so even the good ones get a bad rap.

Alteisen fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Feb 25, 2014

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

GW2 is a long running troll by anet. One day they're just gonna turn it off and it'll auto-uninstall from everyones computers.

Mosthated
Dec 15, 2012
Context:

Yoloswaggggg says I give Mag a bad name because I use an Endless Guild Banner Tonic in WvW. I could have kept going with it but I just left it at that.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Mosthated posted:

Context:

Yoloswaggggg says I give Mag a bad name because I use an Endless Guild Banner Tonic in WvW. I could have kept going with it but I just left it at that.

I see you found Cletus's 2nd account alt name.

Werner-Boogle
Jan 23, 2009
Guys I got this cool rear end sword from the Lion's Arch event (which is also a cool rear end event): http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lord_Taeres%27s_Shadow

I really like it, but it also sells for a bunch of gold on the auction house. Someone convince me to keep it.

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

Werner-Boogle posted:

Guys I got this cool rear end sword from the Lion's Arch event (which is also a cool rear end event): http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lord_Taeres%27s_Shadow

I really like it, but it also sells for a bunch of gold on the auction house. Someone convince me to keep it.

What's there to spend money on? Dressup. Looking awesome. That's the goal here. If you like that sword more than the other swords, then if you sold it now you'd just have to rebuy it later to look awesome.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Werner-Boogle posted:

I'm the proud owner of one thanks to a gift from a little birdie, and it is awesome. Keep it, use it, love it.

Crimsonbeak
Nov 7, 2004
Not sure if it is a bug or whatever but 2 Zephyr Sanctum pictures show up when you go in to Lions Arch as well so maybe that will be replacing the destroyed Lions Arch while it is rebuilt.

Werner-Boogle
Jan 23, 2009
Alright I will then. Any suggestions for an Axe that matches? Also, I like to play Warrior with Sword/Axe but I see a lot of people doing Axe/Sword instead. Is the Axe auto-attack chain much more powerful or what gives?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Crimsonbeak posted:

Not sure if it is a bug or whatever but 2 Zephyr Sanctum pictures show up when you go in to Lions Arch as well so maybe that will be replacing the destroyed Lions Arch while it is rebuilt.

That would own.

Werner-Boogle posted:

Alright I will then. Any suggestions for an Axe that matches? Also, I like to play Warrior with Sword/Axe but I see a lot of people doing Axe/Sword instead. Is the Axe auto-attack chain much more powerful or what gives?

Maybe the TA axe? It's purple!

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Werner-Boogle posted:

Nightmare axe is glowy and purple.

PenguinScotty
Nov 13, 2012

Hotpants Icecream

Werner-Boogle posted:

Axe chain is, currently, the highest pure DPS, if i remember correctly. People enjoy running Axe/Mace for utility, Axe/Axe for even more Damage (Due to Trait skilling you can do), but i greatly enjoy Axe/Shield for utility and survivability.

Sadly, i don't have much Sword experience, so i can't give input on that.

forkbucket
Mar 9, 2008

Magnets are my only weakness.
The peacemaker weapons (asura cultural tier 3) are also purple, leave a trail and are awesome looking.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
I think that purple sword looks awful so I would sell it in a heartbeat. I would say if you don't care either way to sell it. If you love it, don't let its value stop you from keeping it.

daspope
Sep 20, 2006

Alteisen posted:

A petless ranger would still have a bunch of issues, a lot of the problems they have are tied directly to overall game balance, there's roughly a billion bosses with AoE poo poo or annoying one shot mechanics and pets end up getting the brunt of these, the shittiest thing is that a lot of those one shot mechanics have no discernible tells, its just happens and woop you're dead, a good example if the honor of the wave boss 2, that dude has an attack that looks like he's swimming with one of his arm sticking out, when he does this, HIS ENTIRE MODEL is a loving hitbox, even if you're behind him you can get hit and this attack hits on every single frame for like 4k, even a full traited tougness, soldier gear guardian will go down in the blink of an eye.

Rangers also have some of the worst utility skills in the game.

I love mine but its a deeply flawed class and its pretty obvious Anet didn't give any fucks when designing it. Its also plagued by the worst players in the game so even the good ones get a bad rap.

The thing is people love to say this over and over, but I've personally run pretty much all the content in the game on my ranger and run it with cletus on his. It just isn't true. Sure, there are a few cases where it is true. Those cases often have boss dynamics that prevent other classes from using some of their mechanics as well though. Rangers aren't much worse, if at all, designed than any other class in the game.

daspope fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Feb 25, 2014

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Werner-Boogle posted:

Sword offhand gives you a 900 range application of 5 stacks of Torment on a 15 second cooldown, along with a block on a 15 second cooldown. Sword 4 also has a followup after you apply the Torment that hits for about 2/3rds of what Final Thrust does (sword 3), so it offers decent damage and utility.

I love sword main-hand, but axe is definitely more damage. Unless you need the perma-cripple that you get from sword main hand, go with Axe/Sword.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Sword/axe with full rabid gear/undead runes is a lot of fun and pretty good DPS too as long as noone else is running bleeds build.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

The living story plot and writing are hilariously bad, but drat it's going to be cool when we play inside this thing:

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

So reckon it'll be a dungeon for the last part of the update?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

CODChimera posted:

So reckon it'll be a dungeon for the last part of the update?

I hope it's something like the Kessex tower actually, that was fun, and I hope it's challenging too.

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

CLAM DOWN posted:

The living story plot and writing are hilariously bad, but drat it's going to be cool when we play inside this thing:

Some people have got into it, hopefully it will look cooler in the actual update. http://imgur.com/a/mKv9Z Just sorta looks like COE
(but these people took pretty god awful screenshots too)

Kinda sad that this thing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rO5-HFUFa_Y isn't seeing the light of day. With all the plant science going on I thought for sure they could use it for some scarlet living story.

NapoleonAtWaterloo fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Feb 26, 2014

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time

hobb posted:

Going to miss this whole event. :(

At this point I'm just hoping I get any sort of reply at all. Is anets support always this slow?

362553 – Under review. These investigations are somewhat backed up and will take a few more days.

:<

Ussr
Sep 17, 2004

Wait, what?

hobb posted:

Going to miss this whole event. :(

At this point I'm just hoping I get any sort of reply at all. Is anets support always this slow?

shrach posted:

362553 – Under review. These investigations are somewhat backed up and will take a few more days.

Jesus, they hate you. Did you call Gaile the N word or something?

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Ussr posted:

Jesus, they hate you. Did you call Gaile the N word or something?

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

NapoleonAtWaterloo posted:

Kinda sad that this thing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rO5-HFUFa_Y isn't seeing the light of day. With all the plant science going on I thought for sure they could use it for some scarlet living story.

I've heard things about this place, but had no idea how unusual it is. It's really unique; I hope they get around to using it someday.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

NapoleonAtWaterloo posted:

What the hell is this? Is it an actual in-game location?

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

JohnnyCanuck posted:

What the hell is this? Is it an actual in-game location?

I'm sure someone will take you on a field trip if you ask nicely.

PS: You'll need a bunch of those untested teleport guns from Timberline Falls at the Asura outpost south of the moot town.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Hm, that one bit reminds me of Cerebro.

hobb
Sep 20, 2001

shrach posted:

GM Nalu posted:

While our investigation points to the fact that your account was involved in a violation, we are going to extend leniency to you on a one-time basis. We have reinstated your account and you may rejoin the game now.

I still don't know what I did, but I presume that combat mode as benign as it is, is now on the no no list. Going to use this as a opportunity to warn people I suppose.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

hobb posted:

I still don't know what I did, but I presume that combat mode as benign as it is, is now on the no no list. Going to use this as a opportunity to warn people I suppose.

Yeah I guess now it's better to be safe than sorry. I did always warn people against combat mod though!!!

Ussr
Sep 17, 2004

Wait, what?
I hope they do ban it.

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

Brain In A Jar posted:

I'm sure someone will take you on a field trip if you ask nicely.

PS: You'll need a bunch of those untested teleport guns from Timberline Falls at the Asura outpost south of the moot town.

Please someone put together a youtube of how to get to this place.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

hobb posted:

They've occasionally had false positives before, usually some staffer making a mistake. Also there'd be no reason for me to ever come back if this was true; the standard camera feels really unpleasant.

Jackard fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Feb 26, 2014

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Horrid little creatures.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Myrmidongs
Oct 26, 2010

I finally got my Charr engineer to 80 and celebrated by setting him up in his princess uniform, and buying Charred and Cinders dye. My internet wallet is weeping.

• Locked thread