Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

bartok
May 10, 2006

Didn't WCW misspell the Renegade's name in their "In memory..." graphic?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

bartok posted:

Didn't WCW misspell the Renegade's name in their "In memory..." graphic?

Yep.

Also, did I miss it or did no one suggest:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Tournament discussion is up:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3612207

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Nobody's mention The Giant and Yeti (Yetti?) trying to dry hump Hogan to death.
Who the hell came up with the Yeti name and gimmick anyway? The guy was a mummy and they call him a Yeti?
Also, Reese is possibly the worst wrestler ever. When you're 7'2" with muscles and Vince McMahon isn't trying to offer you a job, you know you must suck big time.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Say Nothing posted:

Nobody's mention The Giant and Yeti (Yetti?) trying to dry hump Hogan to death.
Who the hell came up with the Yeti name and gimmick anyway? The guy was a mummy and they call him a Yeti?
Also, Reese is possibly the worst wrestler ever. When you're 7'2" with muscles and Vince McMahon isn't trying to offer you a job, you know you must suck big time.
And then in World War 3, he came out dressed as Scorpion from Mortal Kombat while still being called a Yeti.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
The Wrath/Brian Clark push/squash cycle always amused me. How many times can you repackage a guy as a monster and squash him?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Wasn't there some huge text article listing all of the WCW stupidity around somewhere? Anyone know the one I mean?

Also, Scott Norton accidentally penis suplexed Chip Minton and the camera didn't cut away in time.

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013
The "Pearl" in "Rap Is Crap" might refer to Pearl beer, which was based in Texas.

Mystery Opponent
Sep 27, 2006

but u was a real nigga
i could sense it in u

MassRafTer posted:

Yep.

I still can't believe that this is real. For years I thought that it was another case of Meltzer's bad writing, but nope, there it is. This is the Raft before there was a Raft

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

MassRafTer posted:

Yep.

Literally The Worst posted:

Spending half of a live television show tearing down the set and building a new one
"Looks like something a bird left on the hood of my car"

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

Mystery Opponent posted:

I still can't believe that this is real. For years I thought that it was another case of Meltzer's bad writing, but nope, there it is. This is the Raft before there was a Raft

My favorite part, that I never really noticed before, is that there's absolutely no indication that it's related to either WCW or Nitro.

Zack_Gochuck
Jan 4, 2007

Stupid Wrestling People
I saw that this thread had 200 new posts and thought, for a brief moment, that WWE brought back WCW.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I think the amazing part of the story is the doubt. You were never sure if it was bad writing or not, but man that sounds just dumb enough to be real.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Zack_Gochuck posted:

I saw that this thread had 200 new posts and thought, for a brief moment, that WWE brought back WCW.
Nope, just an indication of how much WCW sucked.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Good call.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Does anybody have the post (and celebration afterwards) where a goon found the picture? I only have the picture itself saved, and I forget if it was part of this thread or the picture thread.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Great White Hope posted:

Does anybody have the post (and celebration afterwards) where a goon found the picture? I only have the picture itself saved, and I forget if it was part of this thread or the picture thread.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2420562&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=670#post398448541

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...

Say Nothing posted:

Wasn't there some huge text article listing all of the WCW stupidity around somewhere? Anyone know the one I mean?

I know what you mean, but it wasn't WCW only was it? Just a huge list of carny as hell stories like dildo blender and jimmy valiant doing meth.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Say Nothing posted:

Also, Scott Norton accidentally penis suplexed Chip Minton and the camera didn't cut away in time.

Found it, The Wrestling Sleaze List.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Is this every wrestling rumor in history.txt?

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

That's just a picture of Dean Ambrose.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Luigi Thirty posted:

Is this every wrestling rumor in history.txt?

Pretty much. There's a few that are accurate enough, but it's mostly just I HEARD STEPHANIE FUCKS TRIPLE H IN THE rear end WITH A STUDDED DILDO poo poo.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Great White Hope posted:

It's Pearl, not Merle. :v:

No, it's Merle, specifically Merle Haggard. Don't know who that is educate yourself. Merle Haggard kick all y'all asses today.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

C. Everett Koop posted:

No, it's Merle, specifically Merle Haggard. Don't know who that is educate yourself. Merle Haggard kick all y'all asses today.

I know who Merle Haggard is.

I also know that Merle does not start with a P.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Say Nothing posted:

http://wrestlingclassics.com/cgi-bin/.ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=7;t=000450

e: Found the one with Observer quotes.

UltimoDragonQuest fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Mar 2, 2014

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
That's a goldmine of WCW terribleness.
Nice to be reminded of how horrible Warrior-Hogan was, with the high point being Hogan trying to throw a fireball at Warrior and setting fire to his own hand instead.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I keep hearing references to Gene Okerlund being more than a little off the cuff on the WCW hotline. What was the story here?

TealShark
Mar 22, 2004

I shall duck behind that little garbage car.

DoctorDelaware posted:

The "Pearl" in "Rap Is Crap" might refer to Pearl beer, which was based in Texas.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minnie_Pearl

Down Right Fierce
Jan 30, 2011
Here's this listof things.

http://taimapedia.org/index.php?title=LOLWCW_History

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

How about letting ICP not only appear on TV shows, but actually wrestle? They teamed up with Vampiro against Kidman/Rey/someone else on a couple of PPVs, I think.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I've never really had a problem with ICP wrestling. It's not like they ever won anything, they were only there to be killed in amusing ways.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

CombineThresher posted:

How about letting ICP not only appear on TV shows, but actually wrestle? They teamed up with Vampiro against Kidman/Rey/someone else on a couple of PPVs, I think.

They were actually (self-trained, backyard) wrestlers before they were rappers. I wouldn't say they were good but it worked enough for them to heel it up and then get killed in the ring.

Was it true that when they were doing OH MY GOD TONY 50 STINGS!!! they always had trouble with fans wearing Sting masks and jumping into the ring?

Luigi Thirty fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Mar 3, 2014

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax

DeathChicken posted:

I've never really had a problem with ICP wrestling. It's not like they ever won anything, they were only there to be killed in amusing ways.

The best moment of ICP's wrestling career was the skinny one sliding off of Mike Awesome's 70s bus. Mainly because Awesome tries to save him and misses and the clown just falls into oblivion.

ThatCguy
Jan 19, 2008

Rusty Shackelford posted:

Terrance Taylor, Richard Morton, and Thomas Rich. :eng101:

Yo baby, yo baby, yo.

bartok
May 10, 2006

P.N. News has the honor of being the first babyface I ever booed. Even as a kid I knew he was a whack M.C.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

bartok posted:

P.N. News has the honor of being the first babyface I ever booed. Even as a kid I knew he was a whack M.C.

His beats were fat but not in the good way. They were in the bacon grease running through their veins way.

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013

I guess I thought (a) referring to her as just "Pearl" seemed weird, and (b) she's got a far bigger connection with Tennessee than Texas, it might be something else.

And in doing so, I put more thought into it than WCW did. But yeah, you're most likely right.

Occupy Japan
Feb 4, 2005

I've spent so much time clopping to fillies that my joints have locked up!

bartok posted:

P.N. News was so weird. It was like WCW wanted to have their own Bam Bam Bigelow really badly so they found a fat dude who could do cartwheels and then realized an "agile fat dude who is a pretty good worker" gimmick only works if the fat dude is actually agile and a pretty good worker so they made him rap to make up for it and wound up with a gimmick so bad even Paul Heyman couldn't put an edgy, relevant spin on it.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Occupy Japan posted:

P.N. News was so weird. It was like WCW wanted to have their own Bam Bam Bigelow really badly so they found a fat dude who could do cartwheels and then realized an "agile fat dude who is a pretty good worker" gimmick only works if the fat dude is actually agile and a pretty good worker so they made him rap to make up for it and wound up with a gimmick so bad even Paul Heyman couldn't put an edgy, relevant spin on it.
And his fate was sealed when he broke the leg of their first choice for the Black Scorpion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zack_Gochuck
Jan 4, 2007

Stupid Wrestling People
Has anyone mentioned Evad Sullivan, Kevin Sullivan's dyslexic hulkimainic brother?