Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
I've got:
-30 faith,
-14 strength,
-16 dexterity.

Basically this right now http://mmdks.com/5xvc

Chaos gargoyle halberd is definitely going to happen. I already have a curved sword in the shotel would it be better to go for a +15 rapier or a +15 falchion?

E: I do have sunlight blade and darkmoon blade but, don't I have to be a darkmoon to use it? Which means I couldn't use the red eye orb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Azuth0667 posted:

I've got:
-30 faith,
-14 strength,
-16 dexterity.

Basically this right now http://mmdks.com/5xvc

Chaos gargoyle halberd is definitely going to happen. I already have a curved sword in the shotel would it be better to go for a +15 rapier or a +15 falchion?

E: I do have sunlight blade and darkmoon blade but, don't I have to be a darkmoon to use it? Which means I couldn't use the red eye orb.

Just use Sunlight blade. Darkmoon is only going to be significantly stronger if you grind covenant ranks, so it's not really worth it.

You'd probably have to farm materials for it, but an Occult Composite Bow would be better than Darkmoon bow.

For buffing, I would suggest either Falchion still, or if you don't want a curved sword, hand axe. Both have fast and smooth swings. Falchion has more horizontal arcing so its better against groups.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Serious question: can summoned allies not hit the Gaping Dragon? Last few times I've fought it, I've brought in help, and they have been hitting it, clearly, but not doing any damage. On Xbox, if that makes any difference.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Bogart posted:

Serious question: can summoned allies not hit the Gaping Dragon? Last few times I've fought it, I've brought in help, and they have been hitting it, clearly, but not doing any damage. On Xbox, if that makes any difference.

You are probably lagging them, and the damage isn't gettin through. It looks like they hit, but the game data is a few seconds ahead. OR they just suck!

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Gaping Dragon's HP scales upward based on how many people are fighting it. It's completely not worth summoning Solaire or Lautrec because they will spend most of the fight getting trampled and now you have a massive health bar to take down all by yourself.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Paineopticon posted:

Gaping Dragon's HP scales upward based on how many people are fighting it. It's completely not worth summoning Solaire or Lautrec because they will spend most of the fight getting trampled and now you have a massive health bar to take down all by yourself.

Oh, no, I was summoning people from the bonfire. Didn't even know you could summon an NPC into this one. I knew the trick about scaling health, but it was totally just that they were not even connecting. Probably was just lag. :(

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Paineopticon posted:

Really? They've always been a decent enough distraction when I call them, and they always survive the whole fight.

At the moment I'm having trouble getting the sunbro altar to open up because I can never find sun signs to build up medals.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Mar 7, 2014

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
It's just co-op victories not medals that determine if you can join at the Sun Altar, pretty sure. (and Faith)

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Yeah, you need 25 Faith to join, and you can take a way 5 Faith from that requirement for everytime you successfully beat a boss as a white phantom. Sunlight Medals are for upgrading your covenant rank once you've joined.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Are there any good Let's Play videos out there, maybe done with commentary to show most, if not everything in the game? I love seeing people just master the poo poo out of games.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Capsaicin posted:

Are there any good Let's Play videos out there, maybe done with commentary to show most, if not everything in the game? I love seeing people just master the poo poo out of games.

There's Zain's LP which is pretty decent.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
I'm partial to epicnamebro. I believe he's got three seperate LP's on his youtube channel (Dark Days, Dark Days revisited, and Zwei and a Chat)

NuminaXLT
Nov 11, 2002
I'm enjoying ritcheyz SL1 LP. Its still ongoing but I've learned a few things that I didnt know before (such as a rather inventive way of taking care of the Capra Demon).

Thread here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3609323&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

…oh, wow, finally managed to take down S&O. And also SIf. That feeling. It's so satisfying I could almost cry.

So, I've heard that making Anor Londo dark is risky, but worth it because the new enemies will have 5000 soul drops? What's your take on it?

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Alright so the Great Combustion and hanging by the door trick worked great on Nito, so thanks for that. Seath was a total cakewalk after that.

I'm now in the Kiln of the First Flame but I just bought the DLC last night in an attempt to beat it all before Tuesday. If I kill the final boss, will I have go play all the way through on NG+ before I can go to Oolacile? Have I locked myself out of it by beating all the other bosses?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Whenever I try and hang back and let Nito come to me, he just spams Sword Dance.

As for the question, you should still be able to play through the DLC from where you are, however, beating the final boss, will mean you'll have to progress back through the story until you get the Lordvessel before being able to access the DLC again.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Mons Hubris posted:

I'm now in the Kiln of the First Flame but I just bought the DLC last night in an attempt to beat it all before Tuesday. If I kill the final boss, will I have go play all the way through on NG+ before I can go to Oolacile? Have I locked myself out of it by beating all the other bosses?

You have not locked yourself out of the DLC. Killing the final boss is the point of no return, that character is inexorably ending up in NG+ when that happens.

Tokyo Sex Whale
Oct 9, 2012

"My butt smells like vanilla ice cream"

Speedball posted:

…oh, wow, finally managed to take down S&O. And also SIf. That feeling. It's so satisfying I could almost cry.

So, I've heard that making Anor Londo dark is risky, but worth it because the new enemies will have 5000 soul drops? What's your take on it?

There's 2 and they don't respawn (they used to but it got patched). It gets rid of most of the rest of the enemies except silver knights.

Mostly it's a place to host PVP, but it will also uncover Gwyndolin's secret wall if you haven't gotten the ring for it yet.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Dan Didio posted:

Whenever I try and hang back and let Nito come to me, he just spams Sword Dance.

I think he only does that if you have sunlight maggot/cast light/skull lantern active. He still did it a couple times to me but much less than the previous attempts.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
I never have those things active, he just loves spamming me out, I guess.

By weathering that constant spam of screaming and orange, upward stabs, I've become pretty decent at dodging them, though, which is nice. Usually he'll start moving up eventually once I roll too close to the skeleton mobs and get forced into wading in, which is lucky.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Speedball posted:

If you want to farm leave Anor Londo light and kill the giants that drop 3K each over and over. That's the best way.

Dark Anor Londo is for being invaded, it lets you pvp after you've killed the bosses. All enemies go away (other than a one time event where you get attacked by darkmoon blade npcs) except the painted guardians, so you're left with an Anor Londo that's easier to get around in (easier to get to giant blacksmith!) and better for pvp in (now you can be invaded again, and no enemies to get in your way)

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Zaphod42 posted:

If you want to farm leave Anor Londo light and kill the giants that drop 3K each over and over. That's the best way.

Dark Anor Londo is for being invaded, it lets you pvp after you've killed the bosses. All enemies go away (other than a one time event where you get attacked by darkmoon blade npcs) except the painted guardians, so you're left with an Anor Londo that's easier to get around in (easier to get to giant blacksmith!) and better for pvp in (now you can be invaded again, and no enemies to get in your way)

Ahh, I might make it dark just to make it easier to get to the giant blacksmith! Those demons are annoying as hell.

So I've stumbled my way into the Duke's Archives. Wow. They really do a great job with environmental storytelling, don't they? All those crystals…infecting things...

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

Not true. A number of the silver knights are still around, and maybe some of the other enemies. I forget which ones stay and which ones disappear.

EightBit
Jan 7, 2006
I spent money on this line of text just to make the "Stupid Newbie" go away.
You can warp to the Chamber of the Princess bonfire and run to the giant blacksmith without having to fight anything...

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Speedball posted:

Ahh, I might make it dark just to make it easier to get to the giant blacksmith! Those demons are annoying as hell.

So I've stumbled my way into the Duke's Archives. Wow. They really do a great job with environmental storytelling, don't they? All those crystals…infecting things...

you can run from the princess' bonfire in less than a minute, not really worth it for that reason alone.

superh
Oct 10, 2007

Touching every treasure
You can run from the Princess bonfire even faster if you make it dark. All the enemies that are in the room before O+S are gone, and there are two human "darkmoon guardians" that don't respawn after you kill them once, in their place.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

EightBit posted:

You can warp to the Chamber of the Princess bonfire and run to the giant blacksmith without having to fight anything...

My god, I feel like a complete moron, I used to warp into the Darkmoon bonfire and hoof it from there.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Genocyber posted:

Not true. A number of the silver knights are still around, and maybe some of the other enemies. I forget which ones stay and which ones disappear.

Oh huh :downs: Guess I need to explore dark anor londo more.

EightBit posted:

You have to run past a dragonslayer archer and a giant guardian dude, but sure.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Zaphod42 posted:

You have to run past a dragonslayer archer and a giant guardian dude, but sure.
You only need to avoid the giant if you run up the left steps and head towards the broken window where you can pick up the Dragonslayer Greatbow. The archer never aggroes.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

SubponticatePoster posted:

You only need to avoid the giant if you run up the left steps and head towards the broken window where you can pick up the Dragonslayer Greatbow. The archer never aggroes.

Yeah and the giant gives up and stops following at the top of the stairs, but man that takes loving forever to run all the way around the room; I don't have time for that. Its way easier to just roll past the archer or just kill him.

Point stands though fastest way is through dark anor londo.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Just got summoned for Four Kings at level 60, didn't even finish falling before they were all dead. Sunlight Medals for everybody! :sun:

e/ And on my very next summon, I get a guy who failed to equip the Covenant. loving hell :cripes:

Renaissance Robot fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Mar 7, 2014

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Renaissance Robot posted:

e/ And on my very next summon, I get a guy who failed to equip the Covenant. loving hell :cripes:
Those people are the greatest/worst. Watching them die is hilarious.

Mons Hubris posted:

I think he only does that if you have sunlight maggot/cast light/skull lantern active. He still did it a couple times to me but much less than the previous attempts.
Nah, the boss AI is just like that sometimes. It's like how Four Kings sometimes gives you a fun fight where it continuously goes for grabs and the AoE explosion.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Renaissance Robot posted:

This is why I always let my summoned helpers jump down before I do. I can always homeward bone out if they don't survive the drop.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

I can confirm that full hunter set+bow only vs O+S is very exciting.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Nahxela posted:

Those people are the greatest/worst. Watching them die is hilarious.

The same guy summoned me three more times and used up two of those before he figured it out, then when we finally got down there we got destroyed because we didn't finish the first king fast enough (my dps isn't great and the other two were just spamming soul arrow) :shepicide:

JorahTheExplorer
Oct 23, 2013

You aren't my Alves, Afonso Alves,
you make me sa-aad when sky's are blue,
and Georgie Best, cost fucking less,
so please take my Alves away.
Just had three forest invasions in a row. Oh and all three we're 2v1's that ended very quickly

~~~Dark Souls~~~

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Did the Pygmy do anything in the war with the dragons?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

oldpainless posted:

Did the Pygmy do anything in the war with the dragons?

Nope.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

I think it's implied the Pygmy was the progenitor of normal humans. If the other Lords were basically gods, the Pygmy was the deity of Joe Average.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Speedball posted:

I think it's implied the Pygmy was the progenitor of normal humans. If the other Lords were basically gods, the Pygmy was the deity of Joe Average.

Which would arguably mean the Pygmy actually contributed the MOST to the dragon war, because every rank-and-file soldier would have...no, I guess not. Gwyn's knights aren't really human.

My theory is that Gwyn's Lord Soul allowed him to simply manifest the knights out of is fighting spirit or whatever. His soul was the biggest, so he got two super powers--lightning and knights--while everyone else got one--miasma and fire.

• Locked thread