Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Queen Elizatits
May 3, 2005

Haven't you heard?
MARATHONS ARE HARD

SpoonfulofBromide posted:

I didn't loving say that. I said the first artist who is NOT a goon took my money. You and a lot of people seem to hate me because I'm a male and males are the loving king kong destroyers of the world or some poo poo. Guess what, I'm not a male, I suffer gender dysphoria because my instincts and sexuality are not that of a man. I have extreme maternal instincts for real life, innocent people. Not those who threaten me with defamation. I don't know what I am but to pigeon hole a person you don't even know irl is beyond sick. I love everyone and I'm having an episode that I can't even tell my parents about because it involves my gender.

Why don't you make me a scapegoat now? I'm an evil, evil person that NEVER accused this goon of taking money, just leading me on and driving me to this.

Okay great so just so anyone reading this is really really clear you never gave money to the goon artist like you originally said you did.

Clearly you don't care about anyone else but when you accuse someone of stealing from you it can cause a harmful aftermath for them

I don't hate you that would require much more emotional investment than some words on an internet forum warrant. I just don't want you to damage this woman's working reputation because you like to make up things for attention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

I have extreme maternal instincts for real life, innocent people.

You should give us an an example of this, to help us get in your headspace a bit.

amarantinesky
Aug 29, 2013

- Extreme reactions—including panic, depression, rage, or frantic actions—to abandonment, whether real or perceived
- A pattern of intense and stormy relationships with family, friends, and loved ones, often veering from extreme closeness and love (idealization) to extreme dislike or anger (devaluation)
- Distorted and unstable self-image or sense of self, which can result in sudden changes in feelings, opinions, values, or plans and goals for the future (such as school or career choices)
- Impulsive and often dangerous behaviors, such as spending sprees, unsafe sex, substance abuse, reckless driving, and binge eating
- Recurring suicidal behaviors or threats or self-harming behavior, such as cutting
- Intense and highly changeable moods, with each episode lasting from a few hours to a few days
- Chronic feelings of emptiness and/or boredom
- Inappropriate, intense anger or problems controlling anger
- Having stress-related paranoid thoughts or severe dissociative symptoms, such as feeling cut off from oneself, observing oneself from outside the body, or losing touch with reality.

Seemingly mundane events may trigger symptoms. For example, people with BPD may feel angry and distressed over minor separations—such as vacations, business trips, or sudden changes of plans—from people to whom they feel close. Studies show that people with this disorder may see anger in an emotionally neutral face and have a stronger reaction to words with negative meanings than people who do not have the disorder.

http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topics/borderline-personality-disorder/index.shtml

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Are you serious? They gave me a few sketches out of a long list, doesn't that count as something though? They said if we did have a contract it would be void and they didn't give a reason for why it would be.

Well yeah, they didn't provide what they agreed to and if they "voided" the contract they should have returned payment. I shouldn't have said you should chase it up though, because trying to reclaim $200 from some random weirdo somewhere on the internet would cost you way more than $200 in terms of time and sanity.

Just stop rushing into things (thinking ahead to when you decide to chop your peepee off next week in particular), you're only 19.

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Bull Runner posted:

Where are you getting this from?

Head problems

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

Queen Elizatits posted:

Okay great so just so anyone reading this is really really clear you never gave money to the goon artist like you originally said you did.

Clearly you don't care about anyone else but when you accuse someone of stealing from you it can cause a harmful aftermath for them

I don't hate you that would require much more emotional investment than some words on an internet forum warrant. I just don't want you to damage this woman's working reputation because you like to make up things for attention.

I think you just lack reading comprehension. The dude mentioned that there were 2 separate people from the start, only one of whom he'd ever paid.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Sarcophallus posted:

I think you just lack reading comprehension. The dude mentioned that there were 2 separate people from the start, only one of whom he'd ever paid.

To be fair this thread is a tangled web of crazy and elaborate story telling.

SpoonfulofBromide
Sep 19, 2013

by Dire Forums Problem

Bull Runner posted:

Where are you getting this from?

They're trying to sue me over stuff I didn't do and failing to understand why I'm so upset. In fact, no one does or wants to. Nobody knows why I'm upset, they're just endlessly saying "you're crazy go to therapy".

Every time I hear that I get angrier and angrier because I am the complete opposite of what this lady is trying to manipulate me into behaving like. I'm tense and nervous and I can't relax. Like I said, this was a straight up gaslight to drive me into this.

I worked legitimately hard explaining this comic and describing the characters to this person and all they do is poo poo on me after taunting me with an image of exactly what I was striving for the whole time. I feel tainted from pouring my heart out to these people and having them do this OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

Seriously, you think I'm wasting my life being angrier about this? How about the people who waste their life tormenting me because I'm imperfect. These people are bullies who vilify my honest intentions and wind me up to this point with no where to go.

Queen Elizatits
May 3, 2005

Haven't you heard?
MARATHONS ARE HARD

Sarcophallus posted:

He's edited almost every post he's made but yes I realize there are two people. And he at one point wrote he had given both of them money he just didn't say how much he had given the second person.

Also

They're trying to sue me over stuff I didn't do and failing to understand why I'm so upset. In fact, no one does or wants to. Nobody knows why I'm upset, they're just endlessly saying "you're crazy go to therapy".

Christ dude I'm not suing you. No one is suing you. I said I wished the artist sued you because people like you ruin businesses.

For what it's worth I take that back now, I hope she doesn't sue you. I do hope that you stop posting on the internet and go and get a lot of therapy because if you aren't currently drunk and on drugs something is not working right here.

Queen Elizatits fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Mar 10, 2014

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Every time I hear that I get angrier and angrier because I am the complete opposite of what this lady is trying to manipulate me into behaving like. I'm tense and nervous and I can't relax. Like I said, this was a straight up gaslight to drive me into this.

I worked legitimately hard explaining this comic and describing the characters to this person and all they do is poo poo on me after taunting me with an image of exactly what I was striving for the whole time. I feel tainted from pouring my heart out to these people and having them do this OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

Seriously, you think I'm wasting my life being angrier about this? How about the people who waste their life tormenting me because I'm imperfect. These people are bullies who vilify my honest intentions and wind me up to this point with no where to go.

amarantinesky posted:

- Extreme reactions—including panic, depression, rage, or frantic actions—to abandonment, whether real or perceived
- A pattern of intense and stormy relationships with family, friends, and loved ones, often veering from extreme closeness and love (idealization) to extreme dislike or anger (devaluation)
- Distorted and unstable self-image or sense of self, which can result in sudden changes in feelings, opinions, values, or plans and goals for the future (such as school or career choices)
- Impulsive and often dangerous behaviors, such as spending sprees, unsafe sex, substance abuse, reckless driving, and binge eating
- Recurring suicidal behaviors or threats or self-harming behavior, such as cutting
- Intense and highly changeable moods, with each episode lasting from a few hours to a few days
- Chronic feelings of emptiness and/or boredom
- Inappropriate, intense anger or problems controlling anger
- Having stress-related paranoid thoughts or severe dissociative symptoms, such as feeling cut off from oneself, observing oneself from outside the body, or losing touch with reality.

Seemingly mundane events may trigger symptoms. For example, people with BPD may feel angry and distressed over minor separations—such as vacations, business trips, or sudden changes of plans—from people to whom they feel close. Studies show that people with this disorder may see anger in an emotionally neutral face and have a stronger reaction to words with negative meanings than people who do not have the disorder.

http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topics/borderline-personality-disorder/index.shtml

BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

SLAM TIME
Nobody is trying to sue you. Go to bed.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

OP why can't you just forget about this situation and write a book?

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
Bipolar and spergs get misdiagnosed for one another all the time. OP seems to have a lot of triggers, and hasn't worked out this autism thing yet. It takes time, and it's tough, but you're not going to tackle this alone with your crazy brain.

Go to therapy for fucks sakes.

SpoonfulofBromide
Sep 19, 2013

by Dire Forums Problem

Queen Elizatits posted:

Working reputation? More like "say you're gonna do something and then lie about it" reputation and don't forget "gaslight me to the point of insanity" reputation. I was banking on this thing working because I'm sick of wasting my time and money on artists who have this messiah complex because they're talented.

I just wanted work done. That's what this all boils down to. Why do these people do this? Does this satisfy them? Does watching me post these anguished responses only to get sarcasm and threats of lawsuits entertain then to no end?

I wanted to write a comic. I wanted to write a loving comic. I get treated like I'm writing Mein Kampf post 1945. Maybe I am Hitler reincarnated and this is my biography. Good job goons, you sure foiled my evil plan with your talented hostage negotiators/artists.

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

No one's trying to manipulate you, no one here's out to torment you, no one's suing you, I imagine no one's actually gaslighting you (or you don't know what gaslighting is), no one's purposely trying to wind you up. No one's calling you a freak. Your head problems are probably clouding what you're trying to say or preventing you from communicating clearly but we don't want you to suffer. The world is not out to get you.

You still have the rest of your life ahead of you. See the shrink, actually do the therapy instead of blowing off the goals, eat the pills, get better.

No Manners No
Jul 15, 2010
What drugs research chemicals are you currently taking?

SpoonfulofBromide
Sep 19, 2013

by Dire Forums Problem

Spiffo posted:

No one's trying to manipulate you, no one here's out to torment you, no one's suing you, I imagine no one's actually gaslighting you (or you don't know what gaslighting is), no one's purposely trying to wind you up. No one's calling you a freak. Your head problems are probably clouding what you're trying to say or preventing you from communicating clearly but we don't want you to suffer. The world is not out to get you.

You still have the rest of your life ahead of you. See the shrink, actually do the therapy instead of blowing off the goals, eat the pills, get better.

Good thanks for that advice. Now when am I allowed to have someone illustrate my comic without giving me drama and pain.

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

I wanted to write a comic. I wanted to write a loving comic. I get treated like I'm writing Mein Kampf post 1945. Maybe I am Hitler reincarnated and this is my biography. Good job goons, you sure foiled my evil plan with your talented hostage negotiators/artists.

Not only is everyone out to get you, but apparently you're hitler now. Nice !! This is a healthy outlook to have at nineteen years old, and a sure sign of a balanced brain chemistry.

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Good thanks for that advice. Now when am I allowed to have someone illustrate my comic without giving me drama and pain.

When you can conduct your business with them professionally without melting down

Afro Doug
Aug 10, 2007

I just wanted to pay someone money. I just wanted to pay someone money. I'm autistic and I just wanted to pay someone money.

SpoonfulofBromide
Sep 19, 2013

by Dire Forums Problem

Queen Elizatits posted:

said I wished the artist sued you because people like you ruin businesses.

"People like you ruin businesses"

I offered them as much money as they wanted and I was polite. I am the central cause of the decline of western capitalism circa 2014, ladies and gentlemen.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Chill OP. Go for a jog or have some ice-cream or whatever it takes to calm down. Also read this again:

Spiffo posted:

Have a nice day and please get help :)

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Okay OP. Some bad stuff happened.

But what the hell do you want the thread to do? I don't get what you want out of this. Do you just want someone to pat you on the back and agree with you on everything?

beckyogg
Jul 12, 2006

My lungs don't work. Now it's time to sing!
You do realize that the vast majority of people don't base their actions on what reaction they get out of you, right? Probably this goon artist wasn't intentionally misleading you, but was trying to feel out the situation and be generous in considering doing work for you despite her reservations, and then you finally pushed her too far and she cut ties (justifiably). Similarly, the posters in this thread (mostly) aren't replying specifically to rile you up, but attempting to give actual advice. We don't magically know what does and does not upset you, not everyone views the world the same way you do.

I don't think anyone in the thread started out intending to go out of their way to try to hurt you. Your constant incoherence, histrionics, and persecution complex sure are getting obnoxious, though, so I wouldn't be surprised if people start poking you just to see what happens.

You desperately need therapy, because your thought patterns and reactions to normal inter-personal interactions are clearly harmful. Most people don't assume that everyone is attacking them, that everyone hates them automatically. You need therapy (at the very least) to teach you methods of dealing with the world that aren't just "Everyone hates me, this proves it, aaaaahhhhh!"

SpoonfulofBromide
Sep 19, 2013

by Dire Forums Problem

Lava Lamp Goddess posted:

Okay OP. Some bad stuff happened.

But what the hell do you want the thread to do? I don't get what you want out of this. Do you just want someone to pat you on the back and agree with you on everything?

Look it just tears me up putting myself out there for complete strangers who scoff at me and consider me a walking ATM. It's even worse when someone who can give me exactly what I want for money doesn't and holds it over my head when I work my butt off writing scripts and gag comics daily.

I've written like 50 independent jokes in a weeks time, excited that I'd finally go somewhere, only to be deceived yet again. Oh and this too, these people get paid to own a franchise I worked my butt off writing up. I give them all of my ideas, characters, situations and brain matter and they throw it away because they're offended over some trivial little matter with it.

Don't you think that's completely sick? Why should I spend so much time developing something and offering money for it, just to have it kicked to the curb and metaphorically sodomized.

SpoonfulofBromide fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Mar 10, 2014

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
nigga you are having an episode right now

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Don't you think that's completely sick? Why should I spend so much time developing something and offering money for it, just to have it kicked to the curb and metaphorically sodomized.

The sick part is that you're having a meltdown because you think someone doesn't like your work and this just feeds into what appears to be some kind of persecution complex. You obviously have behavioral/thought problems. You should stop trying to justify yourself in this thread because all you're doing is making yourself angrier for the amusement of others.

Seriously you are having some kind of episode at the present time. Is arguing on the internet a good thing to do right now, or a bad thing to do? What could you be doing right now that is better for your mental health?

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

Look it just tears me up putting myself out there for complete strangers who scoff at me and consider me a walking ATM. It's even worse when someone who can give me exactly what I want for money doesn't and holds it over my head when I work my butt off writing scripts and gag comics daily.

I've written like 50 independent jokes in a weeks time, excited that I'd finally go somewhere, only to be deceived yet again. Oh and this too, these people get a paid to own a franchise I worked my butt off writing up. I give them all of my ideas and brain matter, they throw it away because they're offended over some trivial little matter with it.

You didn't answer the question.

quote:

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

I've written like 50 independent jokes in a weeks time, excited that I'd finally go somewhere, only to be deceived yet again. Oh and this too, these people get a paid to own a franchise I worked my butt off writing up. I give them all of my ideas and brain matter, they throw it away because they're offended over some trivial little matter with it.

How are they holding it over your head, when they just don't want to do the work?

What franchise? You're 19.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

I've written like 50 independent jokes in a weeks time, excited that I'd finally go somewhere, only to be deceived yet again. Oh and this too, these people get paid to own a franchise I worked my butt off writing up. I give them all of my ideas, characters, situations and brain matter and they throw it away because they're offended over some trivial little matter with it.

Can you give us some examples of things that have been found offensive?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Yo your crazy!

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

I know you think your rapier wit allows you to consider chopping tumblr issues up into pithy three part oneliners 'creating a comic', but if you can't draw, you literally have nothing to stand on. you don't have a webcomic. it is a non-thing

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Jonny 290 posted:

I know you think your rapier wit allows you to consider chopping tumblr issues up into pithy three part oneliners 'creating a comic', but if you can't draw, you literally have nothing to stand on. you don't have a webcomic. it is a non-thing

What's an artist without an ideas guy?

SpoonfulofBromide
Sep 19, 2013

by Dire Forums Problem

Sarcophallus posted:

Can you give us some examples of things that have been found offensive?

I posted it already. She doesn't like me bashing SJ for having some people who exploit its noble cause. She doesn't like that the transwoman isn't portrayed as a member of the aryan race but is a flawed morally character. She doesn't like the cartoon violence that happens for both humor and serious purposes. She doesn't like that I'm not going along with everyone else in the webcomic community and that I'm not patting bullies and sociopaths on the head for being bullies and sociopaths.

Since nobody can understand my words whatsoever, I'm gone let this song represent exactly how I'm feeling right now. Skip to 2:43 and listen how I'm feeling right now towards everyone and these artists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iK-S14PyT00

SpoonfulofBromide
Sep 19, 2013

by Dire Forums Problem

Jonny 290 posted:

I feel like my legs have been chopped off...again.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I know that when I'm having an episode the only way I can truly communicate is through song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd9OhYroLN0

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

I posted it already. She doesn't like me bashing SJ for having some people who exploit its noble cause. She doesn't like that the transwoman isn't portrayed as a member of the aryan race but is a flawed morally character. She doesn't like the cartoon violence that happens for both humor and serious purposes. She doesn't like that I'm not going along with everyone else in the webcomic community and that I'm not patting bullies and sociopaths on the head for being bullies and sociopaths.

I guess I was hoping for like a script or drafted comic or something. Barring all of the other advice, just find someone else to draw your thing. Be upfront about the content you expect them to illustrate; for most people it shouldn't matter, but if someone responding negatively to it hurts you this much, it's best to just get it out of the way early.

Still though, see a therapist/psychiatrist. Seriously.

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Popular Thug Drink posted:

I know that when I'm having an episode the only way I can truly communicate is through song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd9OhYroLN0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnzHtm1jhL4

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

~A Purely Preposterous Pussy~
Oh boy, we've moved onto representing feelings with music...this is the thread that just gives and give. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally Forth
Oct 16, 2012
Post an example script.

• Locked thread