Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Call Me Charlie posted:

Ant was making noises throughout the whole thing like he thought it was all douchey bullshit.

Yep. I skipped it after listening to it for a little and the first thing Opie joked about when they came back from break was "that went well." Ant & Opie thought the segment sucked but it wasn't Jimmy's fault the guy he brought in wasn't good on radio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

I love it when people get all lawyery about what exactly is and isn't racism. :allears:

It's like how I love when people jump to "THAT'S RACIST!" when someone describes what actually happened!

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Di on her health "I take vitamins"
Jimmy "That's like going through Hiroshima with a broom"

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Ant and Jimmy both had killer one liners with Di today. Ant's Dr. Frankenstein shot was great.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

My favorite thing is the exasperation in everyone's voices when Marion just keeps on chatterin

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr
Is On Demand down for anyone else?

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

livingfruitvirus posted:

Is On Demand down for anyone else?

Yep, it seems to be a widespread issue.

Billy the Mountain
Feb 3, 2005

I used to be TheRealLuquado

Google Butt posted:

My favorite thing is the exasperation in everyone's voices when Marion just keeps on chatterin

President and CEO of missedyourpoint.com

Frost Uncle
Nov 2, 2012
lady di's sympathetic nervous system is drink-hosed to the point where new information about an unfamiliar television show creates a fight or flight response

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Di managed to creep out Rick Harrison, a guy who works in a 24 hour pawn shop just off the Vegas strip. A guy who has seen all kinds of crazy, awful poo poo in his life.

That's impressive.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Gonz posted:

Di managed to creep out Rick Harrison, a guy who works in a 24 hour pawn shop just off the Vegas strip. A guy who has seen all kinds of crazy, awful poo poo in his life.

That's impressive.

Well they did paint her face to look like loving Jigsaw from the Saw series without any explanation to him. I'd be creeped out too.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

ozza posted:

My all-time favourite Patrice moment with dumb girls is when he started asking some Penthouse models to "name two chess pieces". Brilliant.

I don't even remember thus and this is one of the funniest things I've heard/read.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
I find it disgustingly hilarious how Lady Di actually thinks that Colin is into her.

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

We watched our friends grow up together
And we saw them as they fell
Some of them fell into Heaven
Some of them fell into Hell
Lady Di on the after show just surpassed the entire week. She just randomly admitted to getting a dishonorable discharge from the navy because she kept leaving the base without permission to go to motels to eat pizza and drink soda with random men from bars. I just... I don't even... what? :psyduck:

e: SHE WAS IN A MOTÖRHEAD VIDEO???!!!!

Is this real life?

UncleMonkey fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Mar 21, 2014

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

UncleMonkey posted:

Lady Di on the after show just surpassed the entire week. She just randomly admitted to getting a dishonorable discharge from the navy because she kept leaving the base without permission to go to motels to eat pizza and drink soda with random white cis men from bars. I just... I don't even... what? :psyduck:

e: SHE WAS IN A MOTÖRHEAD VIDEO???!!!!

Is this real life?
And she drops all these bombs casually, with the least interesting bits being the focus of everything. And also yells over Anthony telling him to shut up so she can stumble her way into these stupid unimportant details like what was playing in the motel room and how much her apartment cost. Incredible.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
I was just thinking about one of my favorite Patrice moments the other day, when he was describing how you die in Call Of Duty...

"and then they give you a quote from some famous war guy. 'War is crazy poo poo!" -Alexander The Great"

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

UncleMonkey posted:

Lady Di on the after show just surpassed the entire week. She just randomly admitted to getting a dishonorable discharge from the navy because she kept leaving the base without permission to go to motels to eat pizza and drink soda with random men from bars. I just... I don't even... what? :psyduck:

The even crazier part was Di asking her parents to wire her some money so she could get back home to New Jersey and deciding "eh, I'd rather go to San Francisco" instead.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Kevyn posted:

I was just thinking about one of my favorite Patrice moments the other day, when he was describing how you die in Call Of Duty...

"and then they give you a quote from some famous war guy. 'War is crazy poo poo!" -Alexander The Great"

Classic.

The one Patrice quote I always have rewind like ten times over is his "THIS loving GUY IS SMART AS SHIIIIITTTTTTTTT. YOU MOTHER FUCKER." to Michio Kaku

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

Call Me Charlie posted:

The even crazier part was Di asking her parents to wire her some money so she could get back home to New Jersey and deciding "eh, I'd rather go to San Francisco" instead.
Yeah seriously. Or how she'd just keep going back to the Navel base after being kicked out to get laid and also because she liked looking at the boats and wanted to be on one... which, you know, she was until she got kicked out for continuously going AWOL because she didn't like being stationed in Florida.

Listening to O&A go over this Monday, with Jimmy being back too, is going to be great.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

UncleMonkey posted:

Yeah seriously. Or how she'd just keep going back to the Navel base after being kicked out to get laid and also because she liked looking at the boats and wanted to be on one... which, you know, she was until she got kicked out for continuously going AWOL because she didn't like being stationed in Florida.

Listening to O&A go over this Monday, with Jimmy being back too, is going to be great.
But she wasn't going to get laid, she just liked boats and military men. And pizza and soda. :allears:

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

Lovechop posted:

Classic.

The one Patrice quote I always have rewind like ten times over is his "THIS loving GUY IS SMART AS SHIIIIITTTTTTTTT. YOU MOTHER FUCKER." to Michio Kaku
"Go on Jeopardy, nigga."

Fair to Midland
Jan 13, 2010

by Cowcaster

Lovechop posted:

Classic.

Could listen to this all day, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Lr5dRVSb-Q

everyone wear hats now
Jul 29, 2010

My fave Patrice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJRUkuCQWK0

"And he had to dooo what he haaad too dooo..."

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

Is beer really 3.5% abv out in New York? It seemed very odd to my Western ears that Natty Ice was some sort of super strong beer at 5.something percent.

bigman.50grand
Mar 31, 2007
no
Bud is 5% abv except in Utah and maybe 1 or 2 other states that keep beer regulated at 3.5%. (NY is not one of those states.)

Natty Ice is 5.9% abv. It's also 50% cheaper and 1000% more disgusting than Budweiser.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

bigman.50grand posted:

Natty Ice is 5.9% abv. It's also 50% cheaper and 1000% more disgusting than Budweiser.

In the US, anyone who drinks a lot of Natty Ice or Icehouse is either an alcoholic or a dumbfuck dudebro who wants to get hammered faster. Even when I was in college we'd get a 6 pack of half-decent beer and save the Beast or whatever other swill we chose until we were 6 in.

Here in North Carolina they raised the allowable ABV from 6% to 15% in 2005, which has resulted in a nice little brewing boom full of tasty and affordable craft beers.

ozza
Oct 23, 2008

Listening to the Greg Gutfeld interview at the moment. What is it about conservative humour that is always so deeply unfunny? It just always comes across as so brazenly and proudly hateful. A lot of what Greg (and Ant when he gets on a tear) says seems to boil down to "I think I would know if I was being racist / homophobic / a jerk". There's some sort of weird defensiveness when it comes to admitting your own ignorance.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

ozza posted:

Listening to the Greg Gutfeld interview at the moment. What is it about conservative humour that is always so deeply unfunny? It just always comes across as so brazenly and proudly hateful. A lot of what Greg (and Ant when he gets on a tear) says seems to boil down to "I think I would know if I was being racist / homophobic / a jerk". There's some sort of weird defensiveness when it comes to admitting your own ignorance.

All humor comes from having a very critical eye of insight, and conservative humor lacks that completely, making it ultimately pointless.

Which is a shame, because Ant really has some comic chops. Too bad he can't get over his problems with women and other races and just hone that skill.

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.
The most annoying thing about Greg Gutfeld is his fake voice.

perceptron
Aug 8, 2007

Man this thread is full of hipsters, go write a performance art about it

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
I love how he basically was saying "YOU SHOULD ALL DO MANUAL LABOR TONS OF JOBS" when he himself gets on TV and talks for a living. "YOU ALL ARE NEVER GOING TO SUCCEED". I am sure that is the mentality he used to get where he is today. gently caress it, don't try to be anything, just go pave roads you loving losers.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

I'm surprised Ant took the Fox News stance on legalizing weed (not yesterday with Dan Soder, but a few weeks ago). I think it was before the tax stats came out, but he was really condescending and said "Yeah, I don't know about legalizing weed. We don't need a stoned populous." About 10 seconds later he came to his senses a bit and said "Well, I guess if you weren't smoking before you probably won't now, and if you smoke now you'd do it anyway..." Still pretty interesting how he instantly went with the Fox mentality though. Now his reasoning for not legalizing weed is "If you put dispensaries in areas with inner-city crime, a thug will assault you for your weed outside." I guess we should probably get rid of ATMs in cities too, Ant.

Paul Kersey
Oct 28, 2004

Found these two old school clips via the R&F subreddit. Opie & Anthony interacting with Fez circa 2000.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-SNc5_YYdE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7C8nTcby-LI

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Why has Jeffrey Gurian got anything to do with R&F? He's a loving terrible comedian, sucks on the radio and one time i was listening he started shiteing on about "positive energy" or some other pseudo-science horseshit.

Also, he speaks like a deaf person.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

spudsbuckley posted:

Why has Jeffrey Gurian got anything to do with R&F? He's a loving terrible comedian, sucks on the radio and one time i was listening he started shiteing on about "positive energy" or some other pseudo-science horseshit.

I guess he's networked to the gills with comedians but yea, he's basically radio poison. He sais something last week when Esther Ku was on that made me think she was sleeping with him, which would be creepy and weird.

"Let me tell you about the time I met Woody Allen in an annoying campy New York accent. Also, did you know I used to be a dentist?"

Smugworth fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Mar 22, 2014

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

spudsbuckley posted:

At this point, I'm convinced Ron is bringing him on just to piss off the listeners. He's dropped a couple of aside comments here and there of having stuff he can do when he's angry at the listeners. And during unscreened this past week when people kept calling in begging him to ditch Gurian, he made a comment like, "Well, if this is how you're going to be now I'm going to have him in even more!"

I have no idea why Ron us being loyal to him. It's not like they need Gurian to get in these comics. They could get in any comics they wanted based on a) all their connections through O&A; and b) Ron has major name recognition anyway. Comics make no secret of wanting to hang with him on the show. At one point, Otto was repeatedly tweeting about how badly he wanted to be on Unmasked (and he was and it was awesome). Other comedians have been eager to do it too. There is no way they need Gurian. No way.

The only explanation I can come up with is Ron tried something, the listeners hated it (especially on Reddit), and now he's acting out of spite.

I hate Gurian. All he does is tell the same story over and over 500 times and talk over every comedian he brings in. He's never made me laugh even once.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
It's as simple as Ron knowing him from his strip mall comedy days and Gurian being their unpaid booker.

They get good comedy guests with no effort and Gurian gets to pretend like he has his own radio show.

The guy's radio poison but I understand why Ron does it.

J Greedy posted:

"Let me tell you about the time I met Woody Allen in an annoying campy New York accent. Also, did you know I used to be a dentist?"

"I know you two are comedy legends but let me butt in to tell this long, embarrassing story about how I use to carry bread around with me as the hackiest joke ever. And don't worry about hurting my feelings with your hushed whispers because I'm completely tone deaf!"

I'm almost convinced he's a coke dealer or something. I just can't see why comics would tolerate him otherwise.

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Mar 23, 2014

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Greg Gutfeld is an unfunny middle-act hack who does conservative blackface because it's the only way he can have a career. See also: Stephen Crowder, whose marquee moment was getting punched in the face by a union member.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
The way Gurian tries to underwrite his appearances, I start to wonder if he's buying time and we're listening to some rear end in a top hat's vanity project.

• Locked thread