Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Cloks posted:

Promotes alcoholism. It took forever for a Moe's bar playset to be released in the World Of Springfield line for this reason.

What?! Anyone who thinks either Moe or Barney promote alcoholism hasn't watched the same show.
Where do people get these weird hangups?

e: not trying to shoot the messenger here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

If anyone is interested I still have these minifig cases for sale.

Also, I need like 6 more Movie minifigs to complete my set. Anyone have any of these?

Calaminty Drone
Gail
Shakespeare
Bad Cop
Mrs. Scratchen-Post
Marsha

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I guess it's something if the Simpsons still has the power to offend people.

A cat wielding an axe with murderous intent or a bully with a baseball bat is okay. But someone drinking beer? Well that's taking it too far buddy.

Fozzie Bear
Jun 4, 2000

Rockin' out at the god damn bank
I just got a simpsons pinball game for my house, now I'll have to buy all the lego simpsons to add some decorations.

What's the best way to get a full set with the least effort (ie not going to go and feel up bags). Should I buy a whole box online, or just look on bricklink for a completed set?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

xzzy posted:

I guess it's something if the Simpsons still has the power to offend people.

A cat wielding an axe with murderous intent or a bully with a baseball bat is okay. But someone drinking beer? Well that's taking it too far buddy.

Wouldn't it be Lego that has the problem with offence? Isn't that the main reason they don't like having guns in sets unless they are essential i.e. Cowboys?

On that note is there any kid that hasn't made a cigarette out of the tiny cylinder pieces with a red button piece on the end?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Fozzie Bear posted:

I just got a simpsons pinball game for my house, now I'll have to buy all the lego simpsons to add some decorations.

What's the best way to get a full set with the least effort (ie not going to go and feel up bags). Should I buy a whole box online, or just look on bricklink for a completed set?

Least effort would be a full set that has already been opened, but that would probably also cost the most.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Lizard Combatant posted:

What?! Anyone who thinks either Moe or Barney promote alcoholism hasn't watched the same show.
Where do people get these weird hangups?

e: not trying to shoot the messenger here.

I agree with you, but they probably don't want to sell a bartender to kids.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Cloks posted:

I agree with you, but they probably don't want to sell a bartender to kids.

Moe isn't just a bartender, he's a fully rounded person.

From his wikipedia entry:

Moe's temperament is characterized by a short, violent temper, coupled with homicidal and suicidal tendencies (the latter of which has become more apparent in later episodes of the show). He frequently threatens various people with a shotgun, particularly if they do not pay their tab, and threatens prank callers to his bar with sadistic violence. In the episode "Simpsons Christmas Stories", Moe is shown to attempt suicide every Christmas Day.

See?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Dont forget grand theft orca.

A real role model. Just like Krusty, Homer, Nelson, and MR "release the hounds" F.Y.G.M. BURNS for gently caress's sake

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

On one hand, I'm excited about buying these. On the other, I worry it's going to be like the Lego Movie minifigs, and I'll be able to buy like four before they sell out everywhere (and never get restocked).

Muppetjedi
Mar 17, 2010
The amount of love and little details that Lego have put into this line is amazing. The 'Choo Choo Choose you' card, Blinky/Inanimate Carbon Rod, 'Old man yells at Cloud' paper is brilliant.

The only one I don't like is Police Chief Wiggum. He's noticeably fatter than the rest of the characters and it doesn't really come across.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Honestly, the only thing I care about is that both itchy and scratchy are both common and not super rare. Those two are the only minifigs I've ever wanted.

Merchant of Death
Jan 19, 2006
Cha-Ching

Muppetjedi posted:

The only one I don't like is Police Chief Wiggum. He's noticeably fatter than the rest of the characters and it doesn't really come across.

One of the hobbit characters had a piece of molded plastic to make him fat, I am sure they could of done that if they wanted too.

sybir
Sep 10, 2004
Uhhh, what?

DisposableHero posted:

I was going for minifig scale where the minifig essentially sits inside a mech torso that just covers the minifig. It sounds like I should reconsider the scale or design though. Maybe a cylinder would work well enough rather than a sphere shape. It'd still have the basic feel.

Probably too big, but one of the planet halves from the SW micros, like 75010? That's the least obnoxiously patterned one that's not a Death Star.

http://www.fbtb.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=9686

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

I've never watched a single episode of The Simpsons all the way through so my knowledge of the show is mostly limited to things people link to on SA, but I might need that "Old Man Yells At Cloud" newspaper piece.

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Posting live from the nightmare future of Web 3.0

Scratchmo
Re: no Moe, playmobil knew what was up

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

DisposableHero posted:

I was going for minifig scale where the minifig essentially sits inside a mech torso that just covers the minifig. It sounds like I should reconsider the scale or design though. Maybe a cylinder would work well enough rather than a sphere shape. It'd still have the basic feel.

How's that?
I had something else entirely in mind but this somehow happened, Top camera is a 360 camera thing, the front one is a super duper turbo high res front cam.

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
All I know is that when I get that Burns figure, Emperor Palpatine is going to find himself evicted from the Death Star throne room.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ND6Q6l-l6tE

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

FadingChord posted:

I've never watched a single episode of The Simpsons all the way through so my knowledge of the show is mostly limited to things people link to on SA, but I might need that "Old Man Yells At Cloud" newspaper piece.

Once the online streaming thing gets set up later this year watch seasons 3 through 8. You're welcome.

Pirate Ken
Jul 1, 2006
I am super awesome.

ElwoodCuse posted:

Once the online streaming thing gets set up later this year watch seasons 3 through 8. You're welcome.

Or even through 12. It's an amazing show.

That said, new new $4 price point is too much for me. I get that the Simpsons needs all need new molds, but it seems like the next series will cost the same. Amazing that it's gone up from $2 n 2010.

But let's be honest I'll try to buy them all anyway.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

mitochondritom posted:

So the Simpsons minifigs have been revealed on the LEGO facebook page:

I think I like Mr. Burns the best, though Abe is a close second. Still I am not sure if I will get any, purely because I am a Space/Castle guy and I don't think any of them will yield useful parts for me.

Easiest series to feel for, at least.

Also while looking for reference material for Samus's Varia Suit, I found this and it's pretty well done! I'm sure someone could do better, but I like it. It's got spunk.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Wowbagger2004 posted:

Re: no Moe, playmobil knew what was up

Pretty sure I saw this set in a store once and it blew my mind.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Holy cow cloud cuckoo palace is a mountain of free parts.

fygar
Nov 24, 2004
glorp
I suppose the only way to get Moe will be to buy Moe's Tavern (Never happen in a million years).

The best thing about the Simpsons minifigs is that none of the accessories reference anything that's occurred on the show in the past few years, because they're well aware that is when mostly everybody stopped watching the program. I must possess Grandpa and his Springfield Shopper tile.

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

mitochondritom posted:

So the Simpsons minifigs have been revealed on the LEGO facebook page:

I think I like Mr. Burns the best, though Abe is a close second. Still I am not sure if I will get any, purely because I am a Space/Castle guy and I don't think any of them will yield useful parts for me.

Gotta get Burns and Maggie so you can reunite Burns with Bobo finally and create a throne for the inanimate carbon rod.

Edit: putting the mug in Ned's left hand is a nice touch, even if it was done unintentionally for the sake of the photo
:goonsay:

Jeff Goldblum fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Mar 27, 2014

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Jeff Goldblum posted:

Gotta get Burns and Maggie so you can reunite Burns with Bobo finally and create a throne for the inanimate carbon rod.

Edit: putting the mug in Ned's left hand is a nice touch, even if it was done unintentionally for the sake of the photo

I don't know man, Milhouse's Byclops comic and Grandpa's Springfield Shopper show a petty keen eye for detail, I'm sure it was intentional.

Aaronicon
Oct 2, 2010

A BLOO BLOO ANYONE I DISAGREE WITH IS A "BAD PERSON" WHO DESERVES TO DIE PLEEEASE DONT FALL ALL OVER YOURSELF WHITEWASHING THEM A BLOO BLOO

Lizard Combatant posted:

I don't know man, Milhouse's Byclops comic and Grandpa's Springfield Shopper show a petty keen eye for detail, I'm sure it was intentional.

I think it's got more to do with the fact that apparently everyone in that publicity shot is left-handed to show off more of their body prints from that angle than anything deliberate.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Aaronicon posted:

I think it's got more to do with the fact that apparently everyone in that publicity shot is left-handed to show off more of their body prints from that angle than anything deliberate.

Logic?! Bah!

Bean Head
Feb 22, 2014
I've been resisting buying Lego for years and this thread has been a big enabler in me losing any sense of resistance. I picked up a reduced Lego City box (60054) at Tesco today :negative:

HOT! New Memes
May 31, 2006

Jeff Goldblum posted:

The mug actually says "I heart south paw"

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Bean Head posted:

I've been resisting buying Lego for years and this thread has been a big enabler in me losing any sense of resistance. I picked up a reduced Lego City box (60054) at Tesco today :negative:

I'm not a big City fan and generally give zero shits about the trucks but drat that's a fine looking set. :patriot:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I love the design of their modern city vehicles. The old four stud cars certainly have their charm but poking the tires out that extra stud and adding the fenders makes everything look so meaty and streamlined.

Bean Head
Feb 22, 2014

Gabriel Pope posted:

I'm not a big City fan and generally give zero shits about the trucks but drat that's a fine looking set. :patriot:

Me too normally but this was cheap and didn't look too lovely so I grabbed it.

xzzy posted:

I love the design of their modern city vehicles. The old four stud cars certainly have their charm but poking the tires out that extra stud and adding the fenders makes everything look so meaty and streamlined.

It does look quite nice compared to older City, I agree. Obligatory lovely finished picture:

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong

AzMiLion posted:

How's that?
I had something else entirely in mind but this somehow happened, Top camera is a 360 camera thing, the front one is a super duper turbo high res front cam.

That's a pretty cool approach. It's not quite what I was going for but it does work. Additionally when I first looked at it I really got the image of the torso and head of a space marine robot guy so it works on 2 levels!

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

DisposableHero posted:

That's a pretty cool approach. It's not quite what I was going for but it does work. Additionally when I first looked at it I really got the image of the torso and head of a space marine robot guy so it works on 2 levels!

Eventually it's going to be that, working out how to do the rest.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
I'm surprised by how much I want those Simpsons minifigs.

But what I really want is for Lego to go rogue and make a barfly set of Moe's bar with Moe, Barney, Lenny and Carl minifigs :allears:

And for anyone in Melbourne (:australia:) who wants Lego Movie minifigs, the Myer on Bourke St in the city has a ridiculous number of boxes. I think they probably had 30-40 mostly full boxes of minifigs spread through the toy department.

justincredible
Mar 26, 2014

just too incredible

kensei posted:

probably the coolest playmobil set ever made

Paragon8
Feb 19, 2007

kensei posted:

Playmobile has a bunch of sets that just seem so random and awkward. I remember seeing one that was basically a lonely bachelor's apartment.

The pirate island was awesome though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schindler's Fist
Jul 22, 2004
Weasels! Get 'em off me! Aaaa!
I just visited my local pick a brick wall. I have seven words to share. Trans Orange Cheese Slopes. Handfuls of them.