Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

let me shovel out your brains
hang my image in your skull
so I can be the vision
in your nightmares from now on

oliwan posted:

Someone should tell Americans how to wear a suit.

Step 1: when you are wearing a tie, you do up the top button of your shirt so you don't look like a literal child.

Lol I think Jozy might have a huge neck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Ho Chi Meeeeee posted:

Lol I think Jozy might have a huge neck.

Well hes got no sack.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
To the tune of John Cage's 4'33":

Jozy's goalscoring record.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

Ho Chi Meeeeee posted:

Lol I think Jozy might have a huge dick.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

serious gaylord posted:

I have come to the conclusion in the last 10 minutes that the majority of americans are delusional.

Just read some of your anti-American tweets and this one made me lol:

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

TheBigAristotle posted:

Just read some of your anti-American tweets and this one made me lol:

most fun i've had all week op

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have heard rumours that Jozy once again failed to score, but I need official confirmation.

Bring forth the chart.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

jyrka posted:

lmao

Maradonna Summer
Oct 22, 2005

Our love will last forever

TRP Post Of The Tournament Winner World Cup 2014

jazzyhattrick posted:

I have heard rumours that Jozy once again failed to score, but I need official confirmation.

Bring forth the chart.

mods rename this man jozyhattrick

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

jyrka posted:

Nice

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Maradonna Summer posted:

mods rename this man jozyhattrick

I concur, but only when Big Jozy actually scores a hat trick.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

quote:

Do I believe in jozy? Yes. I think he's still our best forward. Do I believe in jozy at Sunderland? No. It doesn't fit. They're midfield seems to want to score more than setup the forwards and jozy seems as though he's given into that and has forgotten he should score first not assist. It's backwards and he's regressing. Leave. Epl isn't everything.

quote:

Saw the game, it's now obvious that Sunderland does not give Jozy justice. Long balls that lose possession. Poor ball handling and passing which loses possession. Midfield having the same level of creativity to that of a 3 year old. God that game was exhausting.
GET OUT JOZY! Screw Poyet, and Sunderland. It's the Titanic of the EPL and the end result will be the Championship. Come to the MLS or back at Holand. Your career is not over, YOU ARE 24 YEARS YOUNG!!! Let this be a lesson to you and NEVER join a weak EPL team again.

quote:

He needs to go to a place where he is respected, where he will be given the oppurtunity, where he can rediscover his scoring touch. Because to be honest, the guy who can lead the US out of this group is Jozy Altidore. Not Donovan, or Bradley, or Dempsey, or Howard. It's Altidore. And each and every USMNT wants, and needs, a hot, confident, warrior, in Jozy Altidore.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2014/03/26/american-exports-jozy-altidores-drought-reaches-15-straight-games-sunderland

Mods please rename me a hot, confident, warrior.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car
Did jozy seriously play for another 90 minutes and not score?

How many minutes has he played since his last goal? How many minutes has he played all season?

I remember reading a blog post he wrote where he promised the goals (plural) were coming :(

Big Black Dick
Mar 20, 2009

I want to hit every deluded sack of poo poo one of these people about the head with a 2x4.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Ponce de Le0n posted:

Did jozy seriously play for another 90 minutes and not score?

Jozy, a striker, today:

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I had no clue his middle name was Volmy

Maradonna Summer
Oct 22, 2005

Our love will last forever

TRP Post Of The Tournament Winner World Cup 2014
jozy volmy altidore is an anagram of i, lazy voldemort

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

let me shovel out your brains
hang my image in your skull
so I can be the vision
in your nightmares from now on

Maradonna Summer posted:

lol

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

Maradonna Summer posted:

:eyepop:

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Maradonna Summer posted:

This thread is incredible

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
Then, in the summer of 2011, Altidore made the full-time switch to AZ Alkmaar, where he cultivated his skills en route to becoming one of the deadliest goal scorers on the planet before being transferred in July of 2013 to Sunderland of the English Premier League.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Jozy has as many goals in the Premier League as Tim Howard and Brad Friedel combined. Our warrior.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Maradonna Summer posted:

no it isnt

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

I get where Altidore is coming from when he plays. I see why he's frustrated and it isn't coming off for him. He's in a place where he's expected to just play in individual beast mode. "Shut your mouth and head in the ball no matter where we send it. Don't bother me with your checking and showing and combining."

But he is a player that wants to play pretty soccer and exchange the ball quickly. He gets confused and frustrated when that type of movement isn't recognized and reciprocated. He's not mentally built to play long ball or "me vs. the world." I get that. Some players are built to function within a team that plays soccer.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

jyrka posted:

He gets confused. He's not mentally built to play.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
If Everton can't find the cash to buy Romelu Lukaku outright this summer, I'd like to see them go after Jozy.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Somewhat amusingly though, the remaining letters spell "joy".

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

Fag Boy Jim posted:

If Everton can't find the cash to buy Romelu Lukaku outright this summer, I'd like to see them go after Jozy.

I don't!!! We already have enough strikers that don't score

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

quote:

Sunderland should only try to pass him the ball on the floor...Anything knee-high will be difficult for him to control..Roll it flat on the floor for him....Also, stop passing it to him while he's running toward the sideline..I've noticed he's poor at quickly using his feet to flip the ball away from the rushing defender while setting his body as a shield to keep the ball well away..

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

So he's bad at the things a striker should be able to do in league 2 or above?

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Whatever you do do not pass a running Jozy the football, as if the ball moving and he is moving then he cannot control it and will fall over and break his bones. If he is standing still, play him only the gentlest of passes and even then only do so if you have made sure his mood is amiable and he has first had his afternoon snack. Should Jozy successfully trap the ball, congratulate him and warmly encourage him to nudge it towards the goal. If he has not fallen over by this point and the football remains at his feet, request that the opposing team's goalkeeper politely step aside so that Josmer may have a fair attempt at scoring a goal.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Parity warning posted:

Whatever you do do not pass a running Jozy the football, as if the ball moving and he is moving then he cannot control it and will fall over and break his bones. If he is standing still, play him only the gentlest of passes and even then only do so if you have made sure his mood is amiable and he has first had his afternoon snack. Should Jozy successfully trap the ball, congratulate him and warmly encourage him to nudge it towards the goal. If he has not fallen over by this point and the football remains at his feet, request that the opposing team's goalkeeper politely step aside so that Josmer may have a fair attempt at scoring a goal.

Is this the Banana Island's managers pre-match team talk?

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

What's funnier than Jozy "playing" football, is that these cunts actually think that's perfectly reasonable.

:suicide:

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Fag Boy Jim posted:

FFS

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

I would Kevin Keegan love this.

I am OK
Mar 9, 2009

LAWL

Monday Bandele posted:

I don't think stats are very useful in isolation in soccer, but there is something kind of, I don't know, interesting when you look at whoscored's Dispossession and Turnover stats: The HIGHER your Dispossession and Turnovers, the more likely you are to score. Say WHAT? One of those things that make you go "hmmmm." In fact, you could argue that Jozy's relatively LOW disp and turnover rate indicate one of his big problems is being TOO careful on the ball, and therefore not taking the low percentage chances that, when taken enough, get you a goal. But then you would notice he has just about the exact same Disp and TO rate as other S'land strikers and you realize: It the F'ing TEAM!!!! oh, wait. Did I say that out loud? Of course, some players get more overall chances so burning a few with high payoff, low percentage moves is not such a big deal. Here's some average stats courtesy of your friends at whoscored.

Crouch: Total goals: 8 Disp/game 2.4 TO/game 2.7
Benteke: total goals: 10 Disp/game 2.2 To/game 2.6
Suarez: tot goals: 28 Disp/game 2.1 TO/game 2.6
Rodriguez: Total goals: 13 disp/game: 2 TO/game 2.5
Sturridge: Tot goals: 19 Disp/game 1.9 TO/game 2.2
remy: tot goals 13 Disp/game 1.5 TO/game 2.2
Bony: total goals 11 Disp/game 1.7 To/game 2.1
Fletch: total goals 3 disp/game 1.2 TO/game 1.7
Gia: total goals 3 disp/game 1.8 TO/game 1.6
Lukaku tot goals 12 disp/game 1.7 TO/game 1.5
Altidore: Total goals 1 Disp/game 1.3 To/game 1.3
van Wolfs Total Goals 1 Disp/game 0.8 TO/game 1.3
Borini: total goals 3 Disp/game 1.1 TO/game 1
Bent: Total goals: 3 Disp/game 0.5 TO/game 0.7
Scocco: total goals 0 disp/game 0.7 TO/game 0.7

Again, I would not make too much of this, but I would suggest if you are going to float some half-arsed theory based "on your eyes" maybe you should get your eyes checked.

And maybe, just maybe, goals scored has something to do with number of chances...

So what the hell is a turnover?

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

I am OK posted:

So what the hell is a turnover?

Jozy has more turnovers than any other player, don't pay attention to that list of lies.

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Turnover (basketball), when a player from one team gives possession to the opposing team by losing the ball without taking a shot
Turnover (gridiron football), in American football when the offense loses possession of the football because of a fumble, interception, or on downs

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

A turnover is something Jozy can't do without falling out of bed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Jermaine Dildoe posted:

Turnover ...when the offense loses possession of the football because of ... downs
thanks, this explains everything

• Locked thread