Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

WickedHate posted:

A subtle funny thing is that he made it sentient at all. It was completely unnecessary. He might as well(and probably did) have included pain receptors.

The existential crisis modules are just sitting around gathering dust, why not?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Can someone provide a gif or two from the Turbulent Juice commercial? Anyone have some laying around that are avatar sized?

Edit: preferably the shot at the end with the guy giving himself a money shot of Turbulent Juice and then holding it up to the camera.

a new study bible! fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Apr 7, 2014

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
"Sex sells, Morty."

"Sex sells what?!"

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell
Rewatching Rick Potion #9, I like how Morty moving to a new universe and having to bury his own corpse in his own backyard is all the end result of a butterfly effect because he wouldn't hand Rick a screwdriver when asked to.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Space T Rex posted:

Rewatching Rick Potion #9, I like how Morty moving to a new universe and having to bury his own corpse in his own backyard is all the end result of a butterfly effect because he wouldn't hand Rick a screwdriver when asked to.

If he did though, they'd be dead. It balances out.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

WickedHate posted:

If he did though, they'd be dead. It balances out.

Morty would only be dead if he had stood right next to Rick while he was screwing. If he had handed Rick the screw driver and left the room (which he probably would have done since he was late for the dance) only Rick would have died in the explosion.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
And yet we dont' see a multiverse when that happens now do we? :colbert:

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

FYI to everyone who has DVRs using tribune media services for guide data (in other, words everyone). The "New" tag is currently missing from the guide data for tomorrow's episode which could cause a lot of DVRs not to record.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell
Based on Rick's use of the words "dimension" and "universe(s)", it seems that there are infinite universes, making up the multiverse; but then seemingly also multiple (infinite?) multiverses, each of which he calls a separate dimension. I speculate this just because it is how I am imagining him to use the words, with very little context. But makes sense to me. Don't think about it.

E: Actually has he ever even said "universe" or does he just toggle between dimension and reality? I've got to stop thinking about it.

Space T Rex fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Apr 7, 2014

HppyCmpr
May 8, 2011

Space T Rex posted:

Based on Rick's use of the words "dimension" and "universe(s)", it seems that there are infinite universes, making up the multiverse; but then seemingly also multiple (infinite?) multiverses, each of which he calls a separate dimension. I speculate this just because it is how I am imagining him to use the words, with very little context. But makes sense to me. Don't think about it.

E: Actually has he ever even said "universe" or does he just toggle between dimension and reality? I've got to stop thinking about it.

Well if it's any consolation Space T Rex, none of it mattered and the entire concept was stupid.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
New episode tonight right? Wooo. This is the ONLY show I watch (and then rewatch multiple times).

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Space T Rex posted:

Keep in mind that an extensive amount of Rick's lines are partially or entirely improvised, so closely analyzing them is only going to get you so far.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Space T Rex posted:

From the way they say "Earth dimension [numbers and letters]", I think individual dimensions make up the multiverse.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Yes Xboxpants but sometimes science is easy!

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Space T Rex posted:

Yes Xboxpants but sometimes science is easy!

Science is more art than science, Morty...people don't get that.

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
How long does it take for AS to put the episodes online after they air?

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

WickedHate posted:

A subtle funny thing is that he made it sentient at all. It was completely unnecessary. He might as well(and probably did) have included pain receptors.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

In episode 3, Rick and Morty are floating through some vertical anti-gravity chamber aboard the alien scam-artists mothership. In one scene the 'camera' angle shows them float by a test tube and in the tube is a Plutonian! Before we knew Plutonians were a thing!

E: Oh they run past 2 more within what looks like their own simulation:

Space T Rex fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Apr 8, 2014

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP
Only 1 hour left. Also preview/interview is up in case it wasn't already posted - http://video.adultswim.com/rick-and-morty/sneak-speak-close-rick-counters-of-the-rick-kind.html

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I'll ask one more time if there are any kind goons out there that wouldn't mind avataring a gif from the Turbulent Juice commercial.

Also, I noticed this toast dude during the last episode and I thought he was pretty cool.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

WeLandedOnTheMoon! posted:

I'll ask one more time if there are any kind goons out there that wouldn't mind avataring a gif from the Turbulent Juice commercial.

Also, I noticed this toast dude during the last episode and I thought he was pretty cool.

Judging by the chain, it turns toast into gold?

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Judging by the chain, it turns toast into gold?

ahahaha oh my god youre right. Thats incredible. I wonder what the curse is? All foods taste like toast? Always hungry? Toast jewelry looks tacky?

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Welp. Episode is off to a fast start.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Space T Rex posted:

Welp. Episode is off to a fast start.

They do not gently caress around.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

That Rick with his head shoved up his rear end...

Also Scientist formerly called Rick.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
Peace ooot. :canada:

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Butt dimension

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

All the Ricks all over the house was hilarious.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Ahahaha Morty is comoflauge.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

HOLY JESUS MORTY MATRIX OF TORTURE!

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh poo poo dawg that's insane

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
Mask Morty!

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Doofus Rick

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Space T Rex posted:

HOLY JESUS MORTY MATRIX OF TORTURE!

Oh jesus loving christ. That's some Warhammer 40k poo poo right there,

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.

Ten bux he's totally loving with Jerry too.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

I love how unphased Rick is by these absurd dimensions, and how he just goes along with it so easily. "Yeah and more phonesticks please"

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Thundercracker posted:

Rick really fell in hard with Slaanesh.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

If there's no Doc and Mharty cameo in this episode I'm going to be mildly annoyed.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Thundercracker posted:

Yet easily replaced with five Mortys and a jumper cable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GAINING WEIGHT...
Mar 26, 2007

See? Science proves the JewsMuslims are inferior and must be purged! I'm not a racist, honest!
I laughed so hard at the stupid phones sitting on pizzas dialing people joke. Especially the third time.

• Locked thread