Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

Mooseykins posted:

Wilma the wagon, now with new wheels:

<---- I've always been a fan of Long Beaches. Looks good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

crutt posted:

96 Roadmaster Wagon, 136k miles.
I'm still trying to come up with a name for the beast.

Took my drivers license test in this car. Got only 1 error. :smug:

I miss that motorized lay-z-boy.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

catears posted:

My 1998 Civic Type-R ek9:

That is one classy little hatch that just oozes it's business all over. I love it.

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

catears posted:

Took a while for one in this condition to crop up but the wait was worth it... I have put 15 inch wheels back on with 55 profile tyres which is standard and for a Type-R it is very comfortable on the road and is just a joy to drive around.

That thing is in great condition, nice find

Progject
Apr 23, 2006

Thanks - I'm a long time Honda fan but never got to own an ek9 until now. When they come up you need to go for it or regret missing out...

I'd love to get some more pictures but I just got it this weekend and the weather has been miserable since.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^
Love that Civic Type R.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

catears posted:

Took a while for one in this condition to crop up but the wait was worth it... I have put 15 inch wheels back on with 55 profile tyres which is standard and for a Type-R it is very comfortable on the road and is just a joy to drive around.

Another reason to dislike the US import car scene. We never got these for real, so there are millions of half-assed "clones". Yours is spectacular.

TrueChaos
Nov 14, 2006

Bug eye best eye. :3:

That is a beautiful car.

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006

catears posted:

That is a thing of wonder. I can't remember seeing a pair of those recaros so unworn.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

catears posted:

What's that above the climate control?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

A radio blanking plate, or an aftermarket radio with the front part detached

PleasusChrist
Oct 20, 2010

You Am I posted:

A radio blanking plate, or an aftermarket radio with the front part detached

I would go with it being a block off plate since the radio appears to be in front of the shifter.

Super nice Type R. I've only seen a few real ones in person. They're excellent cars.

Progject
Apr 23, 2006

CharlesM posted:

What's that above tphe climate control?

The previous owner is Japanese and wanted everything how it was when it was in Japan, so it had this head unit at the top which looks like a blanking plate but elaborately folds out if you touch it. The thing at the bottom is a combined MiniDisc and CD changer thing which was hooked up to it... I had to install my own stereo since those pics were taken but decided that as that thing down there is so quirky with its crazy graphics flashing around, I may as well keep it hooked up to carry on the previous owner's 'legacy' as he clearly cherished the car.

Strange I know but that's cars...

I'll go ahead and say this is the finest car I've ever owned. I have had an Integra Type-R before and sure the B18C6 in those have a bit more lower down torque but my ek9 is so much more comfortable and the car is just a lot more fun. The B16B engine revs for days.

Progject fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Apr 8, 2014

Propaganda Bob
Aug 26, 2006

Not one step backwards!
In honor of page 302:

Trans Ferdinand
Oct 24, 2005
Take Me Out Of Gear

Mooseykins posted:

Wilma the wagon, now with new wheels:

Is that a Getta (Golf front end)?

drukqs
Oct 15, 2010

wank wank you're a pro vaper I'm not wooptiedoo...
New car. The guy I had been purchasing used MR2 parts off of is also a BMW enthusiast... He is going to part out my car and make a bloody fortune, he gave me $2700 for it (blown headgasket) and will probably make that much selling the LSD transmission alone. He's taking payments from me for the remainder of his asking price. Very nice guy, I'm kind of shocked at how generous he's being.

The car is an absolute blast to drive... Like nothing I've ever driven or ridden in before.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I love ek9's, top top top cars itpo.

A friend called me on saturday and asked me if I fancied driving to wales. So we did!

The bad cameraphone shot masked the road grime and saharan sand that blew over here during the week.

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

Propaganda Bob posted:

In honor of page 302:

:hfive:

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

You should meet up with Blaise and do a bricknose burnout photoshoot.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Have some lovely pictures of my new car. 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth.

I have the red side panel Abarth decals on order, hopefully they'll be in and on the car by the end of the week.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Shrapnig posted:

I have the red side panel Abarth decals on order, hopefully they'll be in and on the car by the end of the week.

I love how polarizing those things are, seems like half of the Abarth owners on here are removing them.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
I think the side decals on the Abarth totally fit it and people taking them off are deluding themselves of the fact that they bought a tarted up 500.

Shrapnig, owns owns owns.

drukqs
Oct 15, 2010

My friend has made some decent money selling miniaturized versions of the abarth stickers

not quite as bold/enormous but they're still there

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Ugh...I am perpetuating an AI stereotype. 1990 MX-5 Miata. All stock, owner by an older guy and his dad before him. 89k miles.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

I love the miata gauge cluster, something about the simplicity and clean design just gets me.

Is it wrong that I want one just to enjoy the cluster?

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Ugh...I am perpetuating an AI stereotype. 1990 MX-5 Miata. All stock, owner by an older guy and his dad before him. 89k miles.

Sup short nose crank buddy. I would check the crank pulley and replace the shocks and just everything else alone.

Bajaha posted:

I love the miata gauge cluster, something about the simplicity and clean design just gets me.

Is it wrong that I want one just to enjoy the cluster?

It's definitely a classic design, it looks even better with new gauge faces from Revlimiter.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

So loving clean. Nice!

drukqs
Oct 15, 2010

drukqs posted:

New car. The guy I had been purchasing used MR2 parts off of is also a BMW enthusiast... He is going to part out my car and make a bloody fortune, he gave me $2700 for it (blown headgasket) and will probably make that much selling the LSD transmission alone. He's taking payments from me for the remainder of his asking price. Very nice guy, I'm kind of shocked at how generous he's being.

The car is an absolute blast to drive... Like nothing I've ever driven or ridden in before.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Bulk Vanderhuge posted:

It's definitely a classic design, it looks even better with new gauge faces from Revlimiter.

It's your fault. Now I have to get a miata and install these. Bad vanderhuge! Making me want to spend more money...

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Mazda is good. I miss my Protege. I will get another one, some day.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Bajaha posted:

It's your fault. Now I have to get a miata and install these. Bad vanderhuge! Making me want to spend more money...

If I bought a Miata the first thing I was going to do is get a KG Works gauge cluster and some new face gauge artwork. That thing is a work of art and there are some amazing art clusters out there too. Pricey, but so worth it

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Bulk Vanderhuge posted:

Sup short nose crank buddy. I would check the crank pulley and replace the shocks and just everything else alone.

I checked the pulley to see if it was wobbling at all tonight, and it's dead smooth. What shocks are recommended?
So I degreased the engine tonight and now I'm getting belt squeal. I am sure it will go away in a day or so but drat if that isn't annoying! Worst case scenario, $30 for belts. Parts are cheap for this car!

Imperador do Brasil fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Apr 10, 2014

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008
Thanks for posting interior pics of your rides, dudes.

There's something about just posting exterior pics that always leaves me wanting more.

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp

Bajaha posted:

http://revlimiter.net/blog/2010/07/kg-works-instrument-panel-review/

I can always bring my NA over if you're hankering to buy and install Miata parts :v:

I checked the pulley to see if it was wobbling at all tonight, and it's dead smooth. What shocks are recommended?
So I degreased the engine tonight and now I'm getting belt squeal. I am sure it will go away in a day or so but drat if that isn't annoying! Worst case scenario, $30 for belts. Parts are cheap for this car!

The stock shocks wear out quickly so anything would be an improvement. It's a tough call, if everything else is original keeping it stock might be a wise decision although you could always keep the old parts around. The ride quality and handling improve a lot with upgraded bumpstops and shocks.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

I love this series of pictures, haha

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Nice, I saw that on CL, looked pretty mint :)

bandman
Mar 17, 2008

CharlesM posted:

Mazda is good. I miss my Protege. I will get another one, some day.

Sup BG buddy? I miss my 94 LX too. I sold it to a friend's dad as a commuter/beater car and he's still driving it, so I know it's still kicking.

Asshole Bicycle
Nov 4, 2007

Taken while car was cooling off after getting close to overheating from an undiagnosed coolant loss.

GOD drat COOLING SYSTEM!

Asshole Bicycle fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Apr 10, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Got out and gave the car its first detail of the year.
Bonus pic of my project that hasn't moved in 5 years.