Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Black Mage Knight posted:

Just noticed this in the Greninja trailer:

Anyone have an idea at what stage this is supposed to be?

Looks like a Kalos-region Elite 4 arena.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

One thing I forgot to note is that Mega Man Volnutt being in the final smash for Mega Man has reminded me that Servbots should be in most games but are in very few.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Game looks super sweet, can't hardly wait.
Nintendo releasing the 3DS version months before the Wii U version does kinda confirm that they're just playing to their strengths and wanting to make the 3DS version the best-selled one.

Is Sakurai going through some Benjamin Button-esque poo poo? He looks younger every year, I swear.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Bicyclops posted:

One thing I forgot to note is that Mega Man Volnutt being in the final smash for Mega Man has reminded me that Servbots should be in most games but are in very few.

They should put in Eddie as an Assist Trophy. 90% of the time he just throws out a piece of food, but every now and then he gives you a smash ball or a maxim tomato.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

The largest Smash Bros stage yet?

Hopefully it plays more like Hyrule Temple and less like New Pork City.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I just noticed, Greninja's final smash is exactly the same as Chipp Zanuff's overdrive attack in guilty gear.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Ignite Memories posted:

I just noticed, Greninja's final smash is exactly the same as Chipp Zanuff's overdrive attack in guilty gear.

And Spider-Man's Maximum Spider.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
For all you Dark Souls fans, one of the Wii Fit Trainer's attacks is Praising the Sun.

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

By far the highlight of that whole show was the return of Kremlings.

King K. Rool may not be such a long shot.

e:

Supercar Gautier posted:

I believe that's a scrolling stage.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Supercar Gautier posted:

Considering a majority of the stage is actually platforms and not just a big rear end background with a medium sized platform, I'm leaing towards the former.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
So do we know if this new one is going to have dumb poo poo like tripping? or will this be an actual game like meelee?

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

F. Lobot posted:

By far the highlight of that whole show was the return of Kremlings.

King K. Rool may not be such a long shot.

e:

I believe that's a scrolling stage.

You can see Sonic down by the bottom green area and Villager up at the top left.

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

I thought my Spitter was a Jockey!

Supercar Gautier posted:

This seems like it would have been a better fit on the 3DS, no? I like the concept of huge stages but if they zoom out too far it's just awful.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

So do we know if this new one is going to have dumb poo poo like tripping? or will this be an actual game like meelee?

No tripping. Sakurai claims that the game will be "somewhere between melee and brawl in gameplay". That's all we know for sure.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Yes.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

No tripping. Combat looks faster than Brawl, but I noticed nobody really fell as fast as Melee, but at least faster than Brawl.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Vanrushal posted:

This seems like it would have been a better fit on the 3DS, no? I like the concept of huge stages but if they zoom out too far it's just awful.

I think it's banking on the fact that you can get away with smaller onscreen elements in HD, as well as the fact that most fights won't naturally involve everyone spreading so far apart.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Supercar Gautier posted:

This would be great if you split it down the middle into two separate stages.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Have they said that they're removing all tether recoveries before? They changed all of them for characters that are in the direct which is probably for the best.

Game is gonna be fun, can't wait. I don't even know which new character I'll use first!

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Can Sakurai host all the Directs from now on? He's way funnier than Iwata.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Sad that King Dedede isn't throwing Waddle Dees anymore. :(

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

alcharagia posted:

Can Sakurai run Nintendo from now on? He's way better than Iwata.

Fixed this for you.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Lessail posted:

Have they said that they're removing all tether recoveries before? They changed all of them for characters that are in the direct which is probably for the best.

It seems like Up+B tether recoveries are gone but I wonder if that goes for Z-air tethers.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Echo Chamber posted:

Playable Waddle Dee confirmed, with bandanna or a little sailor hat.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Echo Chamber posted:

The king can do as he likes!

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice

TheKingofSprings posted:

Can Sakurai run Nintendo from now on? He's way better than Iwata.

Hey now, we don't want to kill the guy.

John Fütbol
May 18, 2003

FUCKING GOOOOOOOAL IN PHRAGMATICS FYAD CONTEST

Sakurai looks like an Asian Tig Notaro

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

It basically plays slightly slower than Melee sans wavedashing/etc (who knows what hidden mechanics this one will have though), and attacks are doing closer to Melee levels of hitstun so combos are a thing again. I haven't seen anyone airdash at all in any video so who knows if it's using Melee or Brawl style stuff.

Basically it looks like a more newbie friendly melee, and I'm completely ok with that (as long as there's at least one good heavyweight character)

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I'm surprised they didn't do a section on controls, being that Brawl was really good about customizing controls I don't see it being an issue but it'd be nice to know that I'll be able to switch the buttons to whatever the hell on the 3DS.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Countblanc posted:

Basically it looks like a more newbie friendly melee, and I'm completely ok with that (as long as there's at least one good heavyweight character)

You got a full Charizard, what more could you possibly want?

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Good Lord, for anybody who never had a chance to play City Trial mode in Kirby Air Ride, you really have no idea how exciting the 3DS version sounds know. I wasted so many hours on that darn mode! :allears:

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Kirby Air Ride is the only racing game I have ever felt any lasting fondness for and City Trial is about 99% of the reason why. That mode was a masterstroke.

The other 1% was farting around in Top Ride.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Chieves posted:

Good Lord, for anybody who never had a chance to play City Trial mode in Kirby Air Ride, you really have no idea how exciting the 3DS version sounds know. I wasted so many hours on that darn mode! :allears:

Yeah, I still pull Air Ride out from time to time to play City Mode with some friends, and putting something like that into a far better, more robust game like Smash Bros is going to be amazing.

The WiiU version can't do the mode properly (everyone needs their own screen) but I hope it has something that's just as fun to fill that gap. Otherwise the 3DS version is going to be the only one people play.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Sire Oblivion posted:

I'm surprised they didn't do a section on controls, being that Brawl was really good about customizing controls I don't see it being an issue but it'd be nice to know that I'll be able to switch the buttons to whatever the hell on the 3DS.

Kid Icarus Uprising let you customize the controls a ton, so it's a safe bet that control customization is now standard Sakurai practice.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

I really can't believe the 3DS version is releasing several loving months before the WiiU version. I guess they're REALLY in a hurry to see the WiiU fail and die. Thanks Nintendo.

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!

Sire Oblivion posted:

Half the reason I changed my controls is because I think it's really funny when we have to rotate players and the first person who's using my name has this moment of complete bafflement when they try to jump and taunt instead, grab when they're trying to shield or jump when they want to grab. Then they tell me my controller's broken.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

dude789 posted:

For all you Dark Souls fans, one of the Wii Fit Trainer's attacks is Praising the Sun.

I saw this in the trailer and it blew my mind. I'm curious if Namco-Bandai put it in on purpose since they publish the Dark Souls games.

So Wii Fit Trainer is my main.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Cleretic posted:

You got a full Charizard, what more could you possibly want?

I mean that's all well and good, but the key word there was "good"

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Kelp Plankton posted:

Yeah, I still pull Air Ride out from time to time to play City Mode with some friends, and putting something like that into a far better, more robust game like Smash Bros is going to be amazing.

The WiiU version can't do the mode properly (everyone needs their own screen) but I hope it has something that's just as fun to fill that gap. Otherwise the 3DS version is going to be the only one people play.

That mode looked pretty lame to me. "Do half an hour of minigames to give your character a few stat boosts in a short battle."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Captain Pissweak posted:

I saw this in the trailer and it blew my mind. I'm curious if Namco-Bandai put it in on purpose since they publish the Dark Souls games.

So Wii Fit Trainer is my main.

Or, you know, it's an actual Yoga Pose.

• Locked thread