Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

What's sonic got to do with anything? smh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

What do I do to make you score goals
What have I got to do to be heard
What do I say when it's all over
And Jozy seems to be a shite forward

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Big Soccer has to be the worst thing I've ever seen in my life. No one on there seems to have any understanding of how actual real football works as their knowledge is based purely on FIFA or football manager. Seriously I found a thread where they're discussing how an American player would be great for Sunderland because he's be a better regista than Ki and that Ki should be playing as a trequartista anyway.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Ewar Woowar posted:

Big Soccer has to be the worst thing I've ever seen in my life. No one on there seems to have any understanding of how actual real football works as their knowledge is based purely on FIFA or football manager. Seriously I found a thread where they're discussing how an American player would be great for Sunderland because he's be a better regista than Ki and that Ki should be playing as a trequartista anyway.

What are Jozy's star ratings?? I feel this is important in gauging how good a player he is.

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:

Frankston posted:

What are Jozy's star ratings?? I feel this is important in gauging how good a player he is.

His ultimate team card page was linked here which has gems such as

88 strength?? deserves at least 94, he was beasting out Sagna.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Andre Le Fuckface posted:

His ultimate team card page was linked here which has gems such as

88 strength?? deserves at least 94, he was beasting out Sagna.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

He deffinatley belongs in the lowest bin

Grimble
Jul 7, 2002

He will build a castle with garden on an island called Cheshire, and he is permitted to breed.

How can they get everything wrong but the weight?

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
15 god drat finishing, are they having a laugh?

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Well, 55 balance doesn't seem too far off at least.

DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...

77st(one)

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

Natural fitness 19

e: Balance 17

aeverous
Nov 13, 2009

belgend posted:

Natural fitness 19

Makes sense actually, he was fitter than the other kids playing football and fluked his way up the ladder. Now he's a fat oval office.

emjayo
Apr 11, 2013

He eats when he wants
He eats when he waaaants
Fat Jozy Altidore
He eats when he wants

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

belgend posted:

Natural fitness 19

e: Balance 17

Isn't that a measure of injury proneness?

The one thing about jozy is he never gets injured which makes him even worse

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Byolante posted:

Isn't that a measure of injury proneness?

The one thing about jozy is he never gets injured which makes him even worse

You can't really get injured standing around on grass

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Modus Trollens posted:

You can't really get injured standing around on grass

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...opa-League.html

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

like watching the most beautiful ballerina on the best stage

Dunban posted:

Well, 55 balance doesn't seem too far off at least.

Haha like if Jozy has an above average balance.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

I Feast On Dogshit posted:

He deffinatley belongs in the lowest bin

I think you'll find, if you go back in the thread, that I already made this joke. Like a real Jozy Altidore, you're trying to take credit without putting in the effort.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

For comparison, Rooney has 15 Finishing in FM2013 and Daniel Sturridge has 14 in FM2014.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

The Mash posted:

For comparison, Rooney has 15 Finishing in FM2013 and Daniel Sturridge has 14 in FM2014.

Is this a situation where they farmed these ratings out to local scouts or whatever because really, come on

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Baldo di Gregorio posted:

Is this a situation where they farmed these ratings out to local scouts or whatever because really, come on

They still do this but I thought they finally cottoned on to Jozy getting the massively inflated stats a couple years ago?

J Hume
Apr 23, 2013

What is the best number?

Puseklepp posted:

Haha like if Jozy has an above average balance.

He can carry four buffet plates back to his table without dropping any. That's got to be worth at least 55 for balance.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

The newish FM patch made him worse, he has like a 7 for off the ball movement now

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

despite having decent attributes he's still a garbageman

i'm playing as Sunderland, sold him off after my first season and he's turned into some sort of journeyman striker.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

euroboy posted:

i'm playing as Sunderland, sold him off after my first season and he's turned into some sort of journeyman striker.

villa nooooo

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Ponce de Le0n posted:

villa nooooo

But he's the logical replacement for Benteke

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

Ewar Woowar posted:

But he's the logical replacement for Benteke

they're the same player obv

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Same team same stats simple as

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

euroboy posted:

:suicide:

cadfael
Nov 7, 2010

Babby Thatcher posted:

Iggy Pop Barker's Soccer Sabermetric Shack

Hi it's me, Iggy Pop Barker. I know some of you are having some trouble coming up with some realistic ballpark figures as to how well Jozy will do in the world's top club competition - The Barclay's. Well, you might be surprised to learn that he has already participated in it in the recent past, for Hull City (no relation to the new expansion franchise the Hull City Tigers). I thought I'd give back to the Yohan Kebab community by offering some analysis

Jozy Altidore appeared in 28 out of Hull City's 38 Barclay's games during the 2009-10 season, of which well over half (16) saw him in the starting lineup, always as a centre-forward. He rewarded star manager Phil Brown's faith in him with ONE goal in the Barclay's, which averages out to ONE goal every TWENTY EIGHT games.

This might not seem like much to write home about, but of course soccer is a team sport, and many forwards offer far more than simply their goal tally - Emile Heskey to name just a few. So how did Hull City perform during 2009-10? They finished 19th in the Barclay's with 30 points, just one ahead (on sporting merit) of Portsmouth - a literal front organisation for an Angolan arms dealer. The previous year they'd finished 17th with 35 points. We can therefore conclude that Jozy Altidore is worth an average of -5 points to Barclay's teams. Sunderland avoided relegation last season by 3 points, so fans of the famous blackshirts should hope that other new signings can counter the famed and scientifically proven 'Jozy Effect'.

But you may be thinking at this point - hang on, Hull City weren't a great team in general, and it's very hard for a mediocre striker to thrive with sparse service. this is true. But Hull City in 2009/10 had many mediocre strikers. Let's take a look at them:

Caleb FOLAN

Despite being born Irish, Caleb overcame adversity to force his way onto Barclay's Official Rosters - first with Wigan and then with Hull City. A series of fallings out with manager Phil Brown saw him play just 8 Barclay's games that season (7 starts) - yet he managed two goals. This ratio of 1 goal every 4 games makes him quantifiably SEVEN TIMES GREATER than Leadfoot NikeContract. Caleb went on to make appearences for Colorado, T-Team (of Malaysia) and most damningly of all, the ROIMNT.

Craig FAGAN

Craig Fagan is loving poo poo. He's a poo poo striker and a poo poo winger. I'd say he's found his level with League Two (look it up on wikipedia) Bradford City, but he's been consistently poo poo for them and they've loaned him out because he isn't worth his meagre wage. Despite this, he managed TWO goals in 25 matches for Hull that season. Nothing great, but this lower league nobody is OBJECTIVELY TWICE AS GOOD AS JOZY ALTIDORE

Jan VENNEGOOR of Hesselink

idk he sounds like a prince or something. there's no dutch exception on the tories gently caress off flowchart. Scored 3 goals in 31 games despite being as old as the ludicrous feudal system that spawned him and not even particularly good in the SPL, which is like your Canadian Football League but there's no real bears so some of the men in the dark blue jerseys have to pretend to be bears on facebook and type LOYAL in all caps like 'The man who works at the offy LOYAL' and it doesn't make sense because grizzly bears don't speak in any human language let alone say LOYAL or use facebook (irlZaphod is the exception that proves the rule). THREE TIMES AS GOOD AS JOZY

with all this in mind i'd like to make my own prediction. ZERO Barclay's goals. FOURTEEN appearances, NONE OF WHICH take place after FEBRUARY. ONE gagging order restricting the press from reporting the circumstances which saw both Jozy and Paolo Di Canio leave the club.

:megadeath:

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

I hope that Altidore gets out of the EPL. It’s not a good league for his skillset and only bad teams who can’t pass will sign him there. Only three or four teams have any sort of control of their game and the rest play frenetically with a lot of wasted movement. Altidore is a guy who wants to make the run off a midfielder. He’s a natural at it on the National Team with Bradley and Beckerman/Jones.

As other commenters noted, the Bundesliga, Serie A, or MLS (if any team is willing to pay his salary) would be better fits. They’re all much more possession oriented leagues with better psychological tactics (MLS lags behind the other two but is better than the EPL outside the richest teams on that front).

The guy is 24 and this year has been a huge learning experience for him regarding signing with bad teams with poison locker rooms due to batsh*t crazy coaches. Hopefully this experience will help him spot the warning signs next time around. He’ll land somewhere else.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Ewar Woowar posted:

I hope that Altidore gets out of the EPL. It’s not a good league for his skillset and only bad teams who can’t pass will sign him there. Only three or four teams have any sort of control of their game and the rest play frenetically with a lot of wasted movement. Altidore is a guy who wants to make the run off a midfielder. He’s a natural at it on the National Team with Bradley and Beckerman/Jones.

As other commenters noted, the Bundesliga, Serie A, or MLS (if any team is willing to pay his salary) would be better fits. They’re all much more possession oriented leagues with better psychological tactics (MLS lags behind the other two but is better than the EPL outside the richest teams on that front).

The guy is 24 and this year has been a huge learning experience for him regarding signing with bad teams with poison locker rooms due to batsh*t crazy coaches. Hopefully this experience will help him spot the warning signs next time around. He’ll land somewhere else.

This one might be my favorite

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!

Ewar Woowar posted:

Of all the words in this quote, this one stands out as by far the dumbest thing said. And that says a lot

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Crunkjuice posted:

Of all the words in this quote, this one stands out as by far the dumbest thing said. And that says a lot

Who the gently caress is Beckerman?

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!

Ewar Woowar posted:

Who the gently caress is Beckerman?

No joke, 100% honesty here. A soccer player jozy is literally better than. Thats all you need to know.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

Ewar Woowar posted:

lol I'm actually full of anger irl

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

Baldo di Gregorio posted:

he and loads of other american players have been overrated for years even tho it's not supposed to be the american researchers who decide on overseas US players, they all lobby really hard.

for 2 years Eddie Johnson was literally the best striker in the entire game, and one version would always have Chelsea paying millions for Landon Donovan in the first month of every save game

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
Is there a single MLS team that could feasibly get double digit points in the Premier League

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IronCladBurrito
Aug 11, 2002

Excuse me, is this where the bitches are found?

tbp posted:

Is there a single MLS team that could feasibly get double digit points in the Premier League

As long as Jozy continued to get traded to the opposition weekly, yes, I think so.

• Locked thread