Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Gromit posted:

I think the only thing I don't like about the show is Rick breaking the 4th wall every now and again. But it's not like it keeps me awake at night or anything.

I like how this is usually combined with the other characters laughing nervously or being otherwise visually uncomfortable, so it doesn't bother me. It also gave us "wubba lubba dub dub," which may be my favorite self-created catchphrase. I half expect the fourth wall-breaking to be addressed or directly referenced next season.

Speaking of: seconding giant crabs for S2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Douk Douk
Mar 17, 2009

Take your pervert war elsewhere.
It might just be me but I hope next season they have more actual Rick and Morty adventures. Not that I'm complaining at all about the current show's premises, I love them, but I think I'd love to see more episodes that were like the pilot, just cocky weird Rick and neurotic scared Morty babbling almost entirely ad-lib while they go through a bunch of crazy poo poo together.

Somewhat related, I think Rick is turning from a total off-the-wall psycho like he was early on into a lazy narcissistic rear end in a top hat. Not that the two can't coexist exactly, but some of the funniest moments I remember from the show are just the little quips and outlandish things he yelled while still going at breakneck speed, like yelling "Do you know what a vole is, Morty? DO YOU KNOW WHAT A VOLE IS?!" I think that's the kind of quality that really separates this show from the others is how even the smallest tics and stumbles can end up being really hilarious.

Pyzza Rouge
Jun 25, 2011

La Mano de Dios

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Is it too early to start talking about what we'd like to see in season two? Because here's what's on my list:

* Beth centric b-plots, or even an a-plot. She seems like an interesting character and I'd like to see that explored.
* Lovecraftian inspired horror (Jerry develops 'the innsmouth look'! Hilarity ensues!)
* We find out what happened to Rick's ex-wife and what his relationship with her was like.
* The return of Evil Morty.
* The return of Doofus Rick.
* Something involving a giant crab. Giant crabs are comedy gold.

I'd like to add more Summer and Rick interactions to this. Summer closely resembles Rick in personality (calls people out on their poo poo and doesn't give a fuuuck) so it's more of a bro relationship than Morty with Rick. Maybe a "Summer and Rick save Morty" plot?

Douk Douk
Mar 17, 2009

An episode involving Rick's ex would be nothing less than fantastic. Just imagine what kind of person would marry someone like Rick.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

I half expect the fourth wall-breaking to be addressed or directly referenced next season.
Or before the first season :v:

COOLGUY TRUE
Jan 7, 2005

Too True! Cool, too.

MONKET posted:

Somewhat related, I think Rick is turning from a total off-the-wall psycho like he was early on into a lazy narcissistic rear end in a top hat. Not that the two can't coexist exactly, but some of the funniest moments I remember from the show are just the little quips and outlandish things he yelled while still going at breakneck speed, like yelling "Do you know what a vole is, Morty? DO YOU KNOW WHAT A VOLE IS?!" I think that's the kind of quality that really separates this show from the others is how even the smallest tics and stumbles can end up being really hilarious.

I noticed this too. I love this show and all the crazy places they took it this season, but I kind of miss the Rick that would get shitfaced and tell morty that he's going to blow up the earth, and promise to not touch Jessica. It seems like he's become a bit of an avatar for Harmon's lazy narcissistic rear end in a top hat shtick, when I actually think that making him batshit and drunk as hell is funnier.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
drat, those are awesome!
I found some other photos:

Also R&M cosplay is starting to turn up:

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

You said dis place was fun, but it ain't!

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Also R&M cosplay is starting to turn up:

Oh god. Oh no. Trying not to look at the crotch. Trying not to look at any of it.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I'm Mr Meeseeks look at me!

LOOK AT ME!

LOOK AT IT!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

The Red Queen posted:

Oh god. Oh no. Trying not to look at the crotch. Trying not to look at any of it.

Oh he's TRYIN

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

japtor posted:

Whoa, don't just post these and not talk about them. Where and when were these? (The night set looks like NYC)

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Cacafuego posted:

Whoa, don't just post these and not talk about them. Where and when were these? (The night set looks like NYC)

Yup, NYC next to the Flatiron Building. Here's a timelapse of the installation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RgeQ-Gctm4

Article: http://www.adweek.com/adfreak/adult-swim-crashes-spaceship-nyc-new-show-rick-and-morty-154241

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

Gromit posted:

I think the only thing I don't like about the show is Rick breaking the 4th wall every now and again. But it's not like it keeps me awake at night or anything.

Rick isn't breaking the fourth wall. His interdimensional goggles let him see through the fourth wall and address you directly.

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

MONKET posted:

This is one of my favorite things about the show, along with Rick calling Morty by name in almost every single sentence. I was watching the pilot yesterday, and it still kills me when Rick is explaining the megatrees: "It's a special type of TREE, MORTY."

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Yarbald posted:

This is one of my favorite things about the show, along with Rick calling Morty by name in almost every single sentence. I was watching the pilot yesterday, and it still kills me when Rick is explaining the megatrees: "It's a special type of TREE, MORTY."

My favorite instance of this is "20 percent right as usual, MORTY"

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
I'm especially glad that Jerry hasn't really come out on top. Except for in Rick Potion #9, I guess; but that doesn't count, because we don't watch that dimension any more. For some reason, I love seeing him get abused.

"Will you at least unfreeze my daughter's idiot?"

:allears:

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

loving lol.

My hope for next season is some more Beth stories, maybe her and Summer and Rick doing something.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UC5JaIqDB2s

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Ahaha PBS Kids.

That was actually pretty funny. How silly.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

http://youtu.be/7urz0IXAVrs

I'm on my phone and can't get YouTube formatting to work, there's episode two.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Oh man. The 4th (and last) episode of this has a Rick voice too :haw:

Douk Douk
Mar 17, 2009

Pakled posted:

Oh man. The 4th (and last) episode of this has a Rick voice too :haw:

"YEAH THAT'S RIGHT-BEUURUGGHH I'M A WHORE I'LL DO WHATEVER IT TAKES TO GET A BIG DUMP INSIDE ME BUUERGGURHHP"

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That was the best thing I've seen in years.

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
Saw this show for the first time last Friday and was blown away. Being stoned might have helped, but watching all of them again I can say it's still amazing and has to be my new favorite show. No bad episodes at all, although some episodes were genius and some merely great. There's so many great jokes and moments in the season that it's really hard to pick a favorite episode.

Still, my favorite thing about the show must be Rick's voice acting. That drunken stammering and burping never stops being funny to me. Also the way he keeps repeating Morty's name all the time is hilarious. Rick doesn't even need to say anything funny to have me laughing my rear end off.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

This guy is ON it!

- "He's not laughing at your dumb jokes, Rick. That's just a random noise it makes every ten seconds."

- "Aww..." :(

God this show is great.

Typical
Mar 19, 2007

japtor posted:

Oh yeah, that was to promote the show. They took them down eventually, and now they are being stored outside the studio in the parking lot. I walk past them everyday (when im working there that is)

This is it being loaded off of the truck.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Frungy! posted:

Saw this show for the first time last Friday and was blown away. Being stoned might have helped, but watching all of them again I can say it's still amazing and has to be my new favorite show.
This is 100% not one of the multitude of Adult Swim shows where you have to be stoned to enjoy it. Which is fantastic.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Jesus Christ. :stare:

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
I'm tired of the stupid baby avatar, and I love this show. Can one of you people that understand GIFs please make me an animated Ants-in-my-Eyes Johnson avatar? I promise to buy it please and thank you.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013

Frungy! posted:

Still, my favorite thing about the show must be Rick's voice acting. That drunken stammering and burping never stops being funny to me. Also the way he keeps repeating Morty's name all the time is hilarious. Rick doesn't even need to say anything funny to have me laughing my rear end off.

There's something about the cadence and tone of both Rick and Morty's voices that is just incredibly...endearing and I have no idea what it is exactly

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Paladinus posted:

To people complaining about the absence of Doc and Mharty, I'm pretty sure that the cowboy Rick and Morty are actually them, because Back to the Future 3. That's my head canon now. :v:

Late to the show, just binged through it.
Since I just saw that episode, it reminded me of Andy fron Toy Story and it turns out, it' just an amalgam of Andy's and Jesse's outfit:

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Burned through the entire first season in a day why can't there be more :(

exchange that really hooked me:

"I wish that shotgun was my penis."
"If it was, you could call me Ernest Hemingway."

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

Fateo McMurray posted:

Burned through the entire first season in a day why can't there be more :(

exchange that really hooked me:

"I wish that shotgun was my penis."
"If it was, you could call me Ernest Hemingway."

I don't get it, and I don't need to.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Yarbald posted:

I don't get it, and I don't need to.

For everyone else Hemingway committed suicide by deepthroating a shotty.

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

For everyone else Hemingway committed suicide by deepthroating a shotty.

That was Jerry's immediate response.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Yarbald posted:

That was Jerry's immediate response.

Curse my idiot brain :doh:

(I also didn't get the reference until I looked it up for my previous post so there's that I guess.)

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
I honestly think I liked this season more then season 1 Futurama, which feels like blasphemy but it's true. Hundred years.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

What episode did the shotgun line even happen in? I don't remember it at all.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

rick potion #9

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Krinkle posted:

What episode did the shotgun line even happen in? I don't remember it at all.

Rick Potion #9, after Jerry saves Beth from the Mantises.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy

Pakled posted:

Rick Potion #9, after Jerry saves Beth from the Mantises.

This was my favorite episode. I about cried when there was a world where his parents were so happy and in his new world he just walks behind them fighting in the kitchen. So close...

• Locked thread