Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ygmir
Jan 27, 2012

Getsuya posted:

I like to listen to LPs without really watching them when I'm gaming myself. I need voiced video LPs that are ridiculously long so I don't have to constantly hunt for the next one to watch. RPGs would be the best, since they tend to be the longest, but I'm open to anything that is long and at least partially informative so it's not just listening to a bunch of people talk for 40 hours.

I would recommend Grey Hunter's Rogue Trader LP, it's about 125 hours of nerds blowing stuff up in the name of profit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Scurvykip's Xenosaga LP is at 24 videos and pretty good, and I've had it on in the background for housework and stuff.

ScurvyKip
May 15, 2009

Look Rubedo, I'm free!

Lazyfire posted:

Scurvykip's Xenosaga LP is at 24 videos and pretty good, and I've had it on in the background for housework and stuff.

Looks like I need to update the OP then... Whoops.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

ScurvyKip posted:

Looks like I need to update the OP then... Whoops.

Wait, how far into it are you? I've only been watching sporadically, so I'm not to episode 18 yet.

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib

Lazyfire posted:

Wait, how far into it are you? I've only been watching sporadically, so I'm not to episode 18 yet.

I think we're up to episode 35 or 36 by now.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
DVac's Girl Games LP series just ended. I highly suggest checking out the insanity while it's still fresh. You won't regret it.

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

Plllllllaydies :heysexy:

my dad posted:

DVac's Girl Games LP series just ended. I highly suggest checking out the insanity while it's still fresh. You won't regret it.

I regret it and I haven't even really looked at the thread.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Getsuya posted:

I like to listen to LPs without really watching them when I'm gaming myself. I need voiced video LPs that are ridiculously long so I don't have to constantly hunt for the next one to watch. RPGs would be the best, since they tend to be the longest, but I'm open to anything that is long and at least partially informative so it's not just listening to a bunch of people talk for 40 hours.

What you need is Somethingdumb and 19LettersLong playing 20 Years of Sonic (link goes to the youtube playlist). I love long LPs with people just shooting the poo poo and these guys are awesome at that! They go through every main Sonic game up to (I think) Generations and its just fun to listen to. There's Snapple facts, conspiracy theories, and discussion of what makes certain Sonic games good or bad so it has that informative element too!

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
To supplement my recommendation of the Girl Games LP, I'd like to notify you that it just got goldmined.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

my dad posted:

To supplement my recommendation of the Girl Games LP, I'd like to notify you that it just got goldmined.

Hey, congratulations to Dvac. Isn't this only the third goldmined LP thread ever?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Volt Catfish posted:

Hey, congratulations to Dvac. Isn't this only the third goldmined LP thread ever?

What was the first? I know the Metal Gear Rising thread got goldmined before that one.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

ChaosArgate posted:

What was the first? I know the Metal Gear Rising thread got goldmined before that one.
I was wanting to say that the Deadly Premonition thread got goldmined but it doesn't seem to be there.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Niggurath posted:

I was wanting to say that the Deadly Premonition thread got goldmined but it doesn't seem to be there.

It definitely was.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Volt Catfish posted:

Fourth; Trespasser, Deadly Premonition, Metal Gear Rising and now this.

Major_JF
Oct 17, 2008
Isn't the KotOR 2 thread in there?

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.
I think the Let's Play Wanking Session thread got goldmined too?

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Will Harvey hates you, and everything you stand for.
Pillbug

VoidBurger posted:

I think the Let's Play Wanking Session thread got goldmined too?

Was that yours? One of your collab threads got goldmined, but I'm blanking on which one.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky
Let's Play TIE Fighter was goldmined, though I think it predates the subforum.

Quovak
Feb 2, 2009

See, the problem with online communication is that you can't feel my beard through the HTML.
Wanking Session was goldmined.

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Pillbug

General Ironicus posted:

Let's Play TIE Fighter was goldmined, though I think it predates the subforum.

That was kind of more of a YCS thing. Somebody got mad at me when I listed it once, so whatever.

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.

slowbeef posted:

Was that yours? One of your collab threads got goldmined, but I'm blanking on which one.
Yep, but I was only like 80% sure it got goldmined, haha

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
X-Com: Apocalypse was goldmined too... Or at least it says so on the LPArchive. Clicking the link is giving me the message that it's been archived, and I don't think Goldmined threads are supposed to do that.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
I'm still mad Dangan Ronpa didn't get goldmined.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

Raenir K. Artemi posted:

X-Com: Apocalypse was goldmined too... Or at least it says so on the LPArchive. Clicking the link is giving me the message that it's been archived, and I don't think Goldmined threads are supposed to do that.

It got ungoldmined somehow. :smith:

Earnestly
Apr 24, 2010

Jazz hands!
I need an lp to listen to as background noise. Here's the hard part. I've been lurking the forums since 2008. I've seen every default option this thread typically provides. So I guess I'm looking for a good informative lp that isn't that popular.

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Have you looked at supergreatfriend's channel? He has stream archives and various little videos. Given the length of his 999 & VLR playthroughs, they're pretty good for background noise :v:

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Pillbug

GuavaMoment posted:

It got ungoldmined somehow. :smith:

That's really weird. Only an admin can do that. If I had to guess, I think it was probably a mistake.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.

Earnestly posted:

I need an lp to listen to as background noise. Here's the hard part. I've been lurking the forums since 2008. I've seen every default option this thread typically provides. So I guess I'm looking for a good informative lp that isn't that popular.

I dunno about informative, but would helloitsdan's stream of Electronic Super Joy work? There's a lot of him just dying and retrying the same stage over and over, and it's very chill. I imagine it'd make good background noise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A40xBL8x008

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Earnestly posted:

There's also

https://www.youtube.com/user/ArthurDWolfe

whose content is ideal for background noise, and tends to be informative without becoming too didactic.

Giragast
Oct 25, 2004
Inquire within about our potato famine!

Earnestly posted:

I fit all of that, apart from maybe the 'good'
Give Project I.G.I. a shot.

I don't believe Mr Phillby's EDF series was archived, try out his Earth/Global Defence Force series.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.

Geop posted:

Have you looked at supergreatfriend's channel? He has stream archives and various little videos. Given the length of his 999 & VLR playthroughs, they're pretty good for background noise :v:

The visual novels are a bit less useful as background noise if you aren't already familiar with the stories of those games, because they're mostly text and he doesn't always talk over them. You can't just listen and get a very good sense of what's going on. I suppose it depends on what you're looking for in background noise, though - if you don't want something that would draw your attention, they might work.

Dovi
Feb 21, 2013

SGF's strange love readthroughs make great background noise. Especially if you have any nostalgia for choose you own adventure novels.

Dovi fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Apr 22, 2014

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Would recomment the strange love episodes, too. He uses amazing background music that, at some point, seems to develop an impeccable sense of timing for maximum hilarity all on its own.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
I know it's been mentioned a few times in this thread but Kaubocks and Panzer Skank's Saints Row 2 LP is one of the funniest VLP's I've ever seen. They have a great dynamic going on between Panzer's reactions to the craziness going around them and Kaubocks playing the straight man and occasionally dropping sick burns. The mod they're playing allows them to break the game in all sorts of ridiculous ways and it just makes the commentary even funnier. Also the character's they create are terrifying.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

I'm really enjoying Red Faction: Armageddon by Afinostux. A lot of people (myself included) wrote this game off because it wasn't Red Faction: Guerrilla 2, but Afinostux shows us that it's a blast regardless. His commentary is also appropriately witty and the whole LP is just a buttload of fun.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

I finally caught up the end of Distant Worlds, and now I need more space stories. SSLPs in outer space, preferably of the 4x empire building persuasion?

Deformed Church fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Apr 22, 2014

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I would like a good LP of Luigi's Mansion, the one in the archives is broken

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Turtlicious posted:

I would like a good LP of Luigi's Mansion, the one in the archives is broken
Yeah, a new one might be good but in case you were still curious to see RChimp's great LP, it's up on youtube starting here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chfLFJyMMMQ

Sneaky Fast
Apr 24, 2013

MooCowlian posted:

I finally caught up the end of Distant Worlds, and now I need more space stories. SSLPs in outer space, preferably of the 4x empire building persuasion?

Can you provide a link to the distant worlds Lp?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Sneaky Fast posted:

Can you provide a link to the distant worlds Lp?
http://lparchive.org/Distant-Worlds-Legends/ (maybe that one?)

• Locked thread