Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.

Adventure Pigeon posted:

WVA?

Keystone?

Does Branco just take random words that pop into his mind and throw them at an image? Benghazi is missing.

The White House recently approved a measure aiming to cut levels of allowable coal dust from 2.0mg to 1.5mg to prevent black lung (updated with better link). Yep, that sure is a terrible idea, god forbid we don't work miners literally to death.

A decision on Keystone XL was delayed recently, potentially due to political maneuvering but more likely because Nebraska overturned a bill affecting it.

f#a# fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Apr 24, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Thanks for giving me the excuse to post this classic:

I love how "Minority" has the exact expression of "this is bullshit, but it's not new bullshit."

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Soccer player on the other hand has the expression and poise of Gaston, which tells me what this cartoonist's positions on sports scholarships are. (gently caress em', Soccer isn't a real sport anyway :smug:)

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Adventure Pigeon posted:

JOBS
MIDDLE CLASS
ECONOMY
HEALTHCARE

WVA?

Keystone?

Does Branco just take random words that pop into his mind and throw them at an image? Benghazi is missing.

"Yeah, but what does the smoke represent?"

"I'm gonna go with... stem cell research."

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Is there any chance Bundy will face any actual legal consequences for pulling this poo poo? The guy is in open defiance of a court order and pretty much an insurrectionist. I know the Feds wanted to avoid any bloodshed but letting right-wing militias essentially seize government land with no repercussions seems like its setting a really bad precedent and inviting a lot more of this behavior.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

So what do healthcare and coal dust regs have to do with the Keystone delay? And why is ECONOMY just chugging happily along in the background instead of being destroyed by G:obama:VZILLA?

And why is the economy label tagged on the classically negative image of polluting factories with copious visible black smoke, the likes of which we mostly haven't emitted since the clean air act? It looks like what the artists of Fern Gully would draw to indicate "pollution bad."

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Thanks for giving me the excuse to post this classic:

Why Soccer players in particular?

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Kurtofan posted:

Why Soccer players in particular?

Because gently caress 'em, that's why!

Local school probably had a big soccer team or something, but I like the idea of a political cartoonist with an irrational hatred of soccer better.

a befanged soccer player kicks a ball labeled "UNFAMILIAR PLAY STRUCTURE" at an everyman labeled "INNOCENT SPORTS FANS"

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I'm getting a "uh oh, I have to criticize college athletes but let's not attack one of our sports" vibe from it.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Axetrain posted:

Is there any chance Bundy will face any actual legal consequences for pulling this poo poo? The guy is in open defiance of a court order and pretty much an insurrectionist. I know the Feds wanted to avoid any bloodshed but letting right-wing militias essentially seize government land with no repercussions seems like its setting a really bad precedent and inviting a lot more of this behavior.

Yes, the government is waiting for all this poo poo to die down and to nab him the next time he comes into town for supplies.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Kurtofan posted:

I'm getting a "uh oh, I have to criticize college athletes but let's not attack one of our sports" vibe from it.

I think the point is that collegiate sports are a racket that detract from quality of education and take up slots that would be filled by the best students.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Monkey Fracas posted:

Because gently caress 'em, that's why!

Local school probably had a big soccer team or something, but I like the idea of a political cartoonist with an irrational hatred of soccer better.

a befanged soccer player kicks a ball labeled "UNFAMILIAR PLAY STRUCTURE" at an everyman labeled "INNOCENT SPORTS FANS"
Above a frowning chubby balding man in the corner, a text bubble says "Kicked out."

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

SedanChair posted:

I think the point is that collegiate sports are a racket that detract from quality of education and take up slots that would be filled by the best students.

I agree on the point, it's just that I'm not sure if soccer is a bigger offender than, say, American football.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Kurtofan posted:

I agree on the point, it's just that I'm not sure if soccer is a bigger offender than, say, American football.
It may be less likely to get knee jerk "ARE FOOTBALLS" responses.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Nessus posted:

It may be less likely to get knee jerk "ARE FOOTBALLS" responses.

I'd say soccer scholarships are seemingly pointless in the States sense it is seems to be one of the least successful sports in the country.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Kurtofan posted:

Who cares, he had to pick something.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

zoux posted:

Corporate Influence is a friend to children!
Corporate Influence is really neat!
Corporate Influence is filled with meat!

e: found the color version of Ramirez' latest. I was hoping he'd color it pink so the resemblance to the head of a penis would be even stronger

Saint Sputnik fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Apr 24, 2014

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
You could really sub any sport in there and it'd be applicable. There are football players that didn't even have a 3rd grade reading level that get full-ride scholarships because football is literally the only thing they know. I think there was a report out where a student-athlete went into a professor's office to help him read the newspaper since his name was in it and he couldn't read what the rest meant.

Not My Leg
Nov 6, 2002

AYN RAND AKBAR!

Well, I'm sure he'll just carefully back away from the statement and explain...

A Racist posted:

That’s exactly what I said. I said I’m wondering if they’re better off under government subsidy, and their young women are having the abortions and their young men are in jail, and their older women and their children are standing, sitting out on the cement porch without nothing to do, you know, I’m wondering: Are they happier now under this government subsidy system than they were when they were slaves, and they was able to have their family structure together, and the chickens and garden, and the people had something to do? And so, in my mind I’m wondering, are they better off being slaves, in that sense, or better off being slaves to the United States government, in the sense of the subsidies. I’m wondering. That’s what. And the statement was right. I am wondering.

:stare:

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Rygar201 posted:

This endless :goonsay: over how long it's taken Waifu to get to Maryland is strange to see. Do you people never read webcomics? Just because a given story unfolds over multiple days doesn't mean it takes that many in story days. Jesus, if that was true the characters in QuestionableContent must speak with all the speed of dripping pitch.

Muir is terrible in all other ways though.

Look at the timline of events that happened simultaneously to this. In the time since Waifu and The One Who Claps left for Maryland, the Bundy thing came out, Zed had a squad dispatched to remove him from his land, he illegally assaulted them, another squad as sent, Zed's land as legall declared Argentine soil, and Das Zuckeronkel flew from Argentina just for the purposes of a sick burn.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Fulchrum posted:

Look at the timline of events that happened simultaneously to this. In the time since Waifu and The One Who Claps left for Maryland, the Bundy thing came out, Zed had a squad dispatched to remove him from his land, he illegally assaulted them, another squad as sent, Zed's land as legall declared Argentine soil, and Das Zuckeronkel flew from Argentina just for the purposes of a sick burn.

It's a twin paradox. The girls must be traveling at relativistic speeds.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
I miss the days when the first GIS result of "full color photo of Karl Marx" was put there by a Goon (and was some bear daddy with finger nipples).

EndOfTheWorld
Jul 22, 2004

I'm an excellent critic! I automatically know when someone's done a bad job. Before you ask, yes it's a mixed blessing.
Cybernetic Crumb
Get ready for the return of a classic!

Rittur dog, indeed!

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

I just want to bow to our robot overlords and let them take over the world , but that's your opinion, and I'm okay with that. Looks like you've got some growing up to do.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

JT Jag posted:

Above a frowning chubby balding man in the corner, a text bubble says "Kicked out."

"B-but I was barely even 'offsides'!"

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Drudge is officially a parody of Drudge.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Not My Leg posted:

Well, I'm sure he'll just carefully back away from the statement and explain...

:stare:

I'm always going to say "the chickens and garden" instead of "slavery" now :allears:

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

I feel like I remember there being more to this. I don't suppose anyone has it?

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

VitalSigns posted:

I feel like I remember there being more to this. I don't suppose anyone has it?

I thought there was a pop-up sound effect that said "Ker-black!"

Maybe I just imagined that.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Saint Sputnik posted:

We've been eating Corporate Influence!

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW

Teddybear posted:

I thought there was a pop-up sound effect that said "Ker-black!"

Maybe I just imagined that.

There is, but hell if I can find it right now.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Party Boat posted:

Does Questionable Content also reference current events on a daily basis?

Back in the old days a story taking place over an afternoon could take months of in comic time and the indy band jokes would remain up the minute accurate (from what my indy band friends said, it's hardly my Forte)

Other posters have revealed to me that Muir muddied the comic book time conceit through his usual laziness though. Sorry I didn't notice. I can only skim DbD, lest I stare too deeply into the abyss.

Edited to remove phone posting induced errors

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

onecooldana
Jan 29, 2006

BLAH BLAH BLAH
BLAH BLAH BLAH
SEND 'EM A MESSAGE
BLAH BLAH BLAH

drat you Obama for causing the Arab Spring! :argh:

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

:crossarms: Gee you're right Ramirez, we should definitely get that corrosive influence of money out of politics.

You know, I'm just going to be pleasantly surprised that McCoy took an anti-book-burning stance. Well done.

Thomas13206
Jun 18, 2013

:drat:

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Russia has been performing bomber patrols close to American airspace (primarily the Aleutian Islands) since 2007, 15 years after the practiced was stopped.

Hahaha oh God McCoy criticizing drones! That's rich.

Darkman Fanpage fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Apr 25, 2014

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
37 jobs. Remember that.

The Keystone Pipeline, after its 2-year construction, would only have 37 permanent jobs. 5 of which would be temp contractors.

The American Middle Class is being loving annihilated by this obviously money-driven decision. The Trillion-Dollar Anti-Oil Lobby is personally seeing its way to cause the Amerocalypse. Contrarianism is Truth. Obummer is a Lie. Benghazi Benghazi Benghazi.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Saint Sputnik posted:

We've been eating Corporate Influence!
Lobbying!
Funding!
Corrupting!
Slush!
Kick backs!
Earmarks!
Bullshit!
Koch!

Now we have commercial sign!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dao Jones
Jul 17, 2009

Lycus posted:

Drudge is officially a parody of Drudge.

I could be wrong but I imagine Poe's Law is old news to this thread?

I fear that the rampant extremism on display here is draining my appreciation for satire. Maybe Colbert feels the same way and that's why he is quitting. My old strategy of pretending all the Pieces of poo poo are actually satires has worn thin. Maybe I should dip out of the threadstream for awhile. :smith:

Eh, I wouldn't have wanted to miss that last Lucky Ducky, which was a homerun. I'm sure the next Kelly will snap me out of it! :unsmith:

• Locked thread