Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robhol
Oct 9, 2012

Dunno-Lars posted:

Been playing AS a bit, started with 2.0.1 I think. The O maps. Upgraded today to the newest, 2.1.3, worked fine today at work (downtime), but when I brought it home, I get crashes and level.dat deletion. I have the world as a zip, so I can easily restore it.

Error: http://pastebin.com/D740wGM4

Save: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11401347/Home%20sweet%20Home%20O.7z

Anyone got ideas?

Yeah, that's a bug with the stuffed items functionality in itemducts. Someone posted a fix somewhere in the last few pages; it's a simple config change.

edit: Here it is:

quote:

in /config/cofh/ThermalExpansion.cfg change I:MaxItemsInStuffedDucts=20 to I:MaxItemsInStuffedDucts=0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
Edit: Answered, but you can also just downgrade and wait for the next release.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

taiyoko posted:

So. Second time Agrarian Skies has crashed and taken my save with it.

Crash Report: http://pastebin.com/B19UuG9c
Forge Log: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/53120813/ForgeModLoader-client-0.log (because screw fighting to get it into multiple pastes)

Can anyone give me a hint with mine? I don't have any itemducts or anything set up yet, and it seems to be connected with fighting monsters? Or at least, that's when it's happened both times. This latest time was using 2.1.3.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Heffer posted:

I think the Yogscast Moonquest pack was horribly buggy, even for them. They moved on to "Yogscast Complete" pack which is basically Resonant Rise: http://yogscast.wikia.com/wiki/Yogscast_Complete_Modpack

Ah, I'll do that, then. I appreciate the way there appears to be a lot of variety at their fingertips in that mod pack, but you can generally choose to pursue the tech tree (magical, technological, or agricultural) that you find interesting at the time.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

axelsoar posted:

Lettuce, tomatoes, spice leafs, soybeans, onions, and white mushrooms. Cooking quests and all that.

I don't see any reason to farm white mushrooms. Can't you just use regular mushrooms from a witchwater farm?

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Yes you can and I definitely recommend doing so.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
Wow, the materials needed to make the 16M Storage are insane.

chami
Mar 28, 2011

Keep it classy, boys~
Fun Shoe

McFrugal posted:

Wow, the materials needed to make the 16M Storage are insane.

Are they even worth it? I've always just used a hard drive of 1k storage and DSUs/Barrels hooked up with storage buses.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

chami posted:

Are they even worth it? I've always just used a hard drive of 1k storage and DSUs/Barrels hooked up with storage buses.

I think it depends mostly on power-draw vs space requirement. On one hand, you can get 10 of those into a single ME drive (at the cost of constant power draw, I believe power draw is dependent on the size of the storage drive, someone correct me), on the other hand, it's obscenely cheaper (but requires significantly more space) to have 10 storage buses hooked up to 10 DSUs.

Jblade
Sep 5, 2006

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

The big thing I figured out is all those crazy numbers are just powers of 2. So transmissions just adjust between power/torque by multiplying/dividing by 2, 4 or 8. I found its interoperation with other mods to be obnoxious. I couldn't get the lubrication to transmit to containers using another kinds of conduits, and I was lucky if I could get item input/outputs to/from other mods to work. Particularly, it was a pain trying to auto-deposit items into ore processing and then get them smelted automatically. Apparently with just a few machines you can completely lag up a server with it. I didn't try reactorcraft but apparently it had the same problem.
Hmm, I was also fearing that. Every now and then a cool mod appears but it has minimal compatibility with the mainstream mods. Mod authors shouldn't be forced to add it of course, but it really hurts a mod's appeal if it sits by itself and doesn't work well with others since the whole appeal of modpacks like Tekkit is having an idea and then using a wide array of different mod blocks working together to achieve it. On a sidenote, the newer versions of Thaumcraft suffer from the reverse problem. Getting certain items takes so much work when other mods let you do the exact same thing for much less. It has integration with other mods somewhat, but it only really works by itself (see ore duplication - what's easier, loving around with research and vis stuff and whatever, or building an engine + pulverizer?)

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

Jblade posted:

Hmm, I was also fearing that. Every now and then a cool mod appears but it has minimal compatibility with the mainstream mods. Mod authors shouldn't be forced to add it of course, but it really hurts a mod's appeal if it sits by itself and doesn't work well with others since the whole appeal of modpacks like Tekkit is having an idea and then using a wide array of different mod blocks working together to achieve it. On a sidenote, the newer versions of Thaumcraft suffer from the reverse problem. Getting certain items takes so much work when other mods let you do the exact same thing for much less. It has integration with other mods somewhat, but it only really works by itself (see ore duplication - what's easier, loving around with research and vis stuff and whatever, or building an engine + pulverizer?)

I suspect the incompatibility was more to do with bugs than anything else. I think I couldn't even get lubricant to go in one of the built-in tanks/basins/whatever that RotaryCraft had. I think it was using the mB system for fluids so I would have suspected normal operation with a fluiduct. On the other hand, that mod already had support for detecting Thermal Expansion and adding helper motors, so one would think RotaryCraft would have instrumented the ducts too.

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

Turtlicious posted:

Ok I think Emerald has been tanked in the sieve, because I've sieved about 4 or 5 stacks, and have 4 diamonds and 0 emeralds. So I spawned them in.

Can someone tell me how to get the invar / give me a step by step guide to getting up the Terrain Smasher and Autonomous Activator?

It took me 11 stacks to get my first one.

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

NO ONE risks painful injury on your GREEN SLIME GHOST POGO RIDE.

No one but YOU.
Oh god, the Yogscast are doing Agrarian Skies. There's no way I can watch that, they'll piss me off way too much from never reading ANYTHING.

Also does the 'flat platform' map really start with a 3x3x3 cube of dirt, a oak tree and one player's inventory starting with an autonomous activator?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is there an Agrarian Skies pack hosted on Technic? Prefferably by a goon so I know it's being taken care of?

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Checking...

No, you get 3x2 dirt on one side and 3x2 pool of water on the other, with the same resources you start with on the Home Sweet Home in the chest. They're skipping a couple steps for reasons?

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

Pidmon posted:

Oh god, the Yogscast are doing Agrarian Skies. There's no way I can watch that, they'll piss me off way too much from never reading ANYTHING.

Also does the 'flat platform' map really start with a 3x3x3 cube of dirt, a oak tree and one player's inventory starting with an autonomous activator?

It's the Yogscast No Cheating Guarantee, as detailed multiple times in their moonquest/marsquest series whenever someone goes into creative mode to recover from a spacedeath. :v:

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

I can't blame them. Nothing remotely videoworthy about the very beginning of AS.

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

No one but YOU.
I'm more worried about the 'too busy talking to check out other uses/recipies in NEI' crew not actually bothering to look anything up right and making bad videos because of it.

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

Really quite silly indeed.

I find Yogscast entertaining enough most of the time, but if I want informative videos where people are doing things right they certainly aren't my first stop. Or second. Or third. Or... well, you get the idea. They're good for pointing me at mods I might've otherwise missed, though. :)

In other news I miss MFR/TE in 1.7.2, but I like the rest of it so I'll just have to suffer through the waiting. It runs so much better than 1.6.4 ever did for me that I don't really want to switch back.

Also, have an argument against (for) generated mob names:

Broand
Oct 13, 2011

Turtlicious posted:

Is there an Agrarian Skies pack hosted on Technic? Prefferably by a goon so I know it's being taken care of?

Sort of, there's Agrarian skies+ assembled by Rutibex. It's essentially the same as AS except with a few extra mods tacked on. EE3 and minechem are big cheat-ish ones it adds, but it also adds Ars Magica 2 which I can never say no to.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

Broand posted:

Sort of, there's Agrarian skies+ assembled by Rutibex. It's essentially the same as AS except with a few extra mods tacked on. EE3 and minechem are big cheat-ish ones it adds, but it also adds Ars Magica 2 which I can never say no to.

It also adds dimensional doors, and somina (or however you spell the sleep mod). Though, there is no way to make DD stuff as is, since you can't get any world thread. Hey Rutibex, maybe put in a recipe for the thread, like with a liquid transposer using resonant ender on string.

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.
Well, it's a start. 7 Emeralds and counting. I think my happiest discovery came from realizing that I can make mossy stone with the Fluid Transposer. Hello self-repairing tools!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
You can also make mossy cobblestone by putting a water-filled wooden barrel on top of some cobblestone. Nearby cobblestone will slowly be converted while water is gradually drained.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

Vib Rib posted:

You can also make mossy cobblestone by putting a water-filled wooden barrel on top of some cobblestone. Nearby cobblestone will slowly be converted while water is gradually drained.

In other words, don't put the barrels you gather rain water in ontop of cobble. How big of a radius are we talking about?

Edit: Will edit config next time I'm on, thank you!

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Pidmon posted:

and one player's inventory starting with an autonomous activator?

Can't speak for the other stuff, but this part they actually mention about halfway in the video that each of them cheated in one(ish) item. Sjin chose a Builder's Wand, Duncan chose 3 AAs (don't know why he got 3) and Lewis hasn't yet said what he chose or had his inventory on screen.

Edit: (Joke at your expense about not paying attention goes here.)

Onean fucked around with this message at 06:11 on May 8, 2014

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

No one but YOU.

Onean posted:

Can't speak for the other stuff, but this part they actually mention about halfway in the video that each of them cheated in one(ish) item. Sjin chose a Builder's Wand, Duncan chose 3 AAs (don't know why he got 3) and Lewis hasn't yet said what he chose or had his inventory on screen.

Edit: (Joke at your expense about not paying attention goes here.)

Oh, I freely admit I quit watching. Didn't you see me say "there's no way I can watch that"? :P

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Yeah, I figured, and I can't blame you. Although, they do seem to actually be reading some of the quest stuff. Who knows if they'll skip that one all important piece that someone always manages to skip at least once in almost every single series they do, though. :argh:

KingLemming
Jan 1, 2013

fuck gregtech

Bhodi posted:

Edit: Answered, but you can also just downgrade and wait for the next release.

It's heeeeerrre. :)

Snuck a couple of other changes in. Helping Z and Skyboy as I'm able. I have to take a break from assembly every now and then.

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...

KingLemming posted:

It's heeeeerrre. :)

Snuck a couple of other changes in. Helping Z and Skyboy as I'm able. I have to take a break from assembly every now and then.

Ooh. Excellent. Is there any good spot to see changelogs now? (And is anyone ever going to finish the teamcofh wiki site? So much missing...)

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Pidmon posted:

I have to laugh that at about 11:30 even Louis went "oh, no..." when Duncan got bees from a reward bag. :v:

KingLemming
Jan 1, 2013

fuck gregtech

Serifina posted:

Ooh. Excellent. Is there any good spot to see changelogs now? (And is anyone ever going to finish the teamcofh wiki site? So much missing...)

I would *love* for someone to work on that site. :(

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...

KingLemming posted:

I would *love* for someone to work on that site. :(

Are you looking for volunteers? There's not THAT many things...

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
Okay so, I'm trying to automate slime trees. I knew that golems could chop them down, I saw someone do it on a server somewhere. Unfortunately, turns out the slime leaves won't decay on their own after the golem's had his way with the "tree". I guess when a golem chops the slime blocks out it doesn't cause a block update? If I break a leaf right after the golem is finished, it looks like there's a period of extra-fast leaf decay. Azanor must be doing something Extra Special.

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...

McFrugal posted:

Okay so, I'm trying to automate slime trees. I knew that golems could chop them down, I saw someone do it on a server somewhere. Unfortunately, turns out the slime leaves won't decay on their own after the golem's had his way with the "tree". I guess when a golem chops the slime blocks out it doesn't cause a block update? If I break a leaf right after the golem is finished, it looks like there's a period of extra-fast leaf decay. Azanor must be doing something Extra Special.

He is - he's somehow tricking the leaf blocks to tick insanely fast. I guess slime tree leaf blocks aren't registered as leaves properly, or something. Slime trees are weird. I take it MFR machines won't work with them?

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Serifina posted:

He is - he's somehow tricking the leaf blocks to tick insanely fast. I guess slime tree leaf blocks aren't registered as leaves properly, or something. Slime trees are weird. I take it MFR machines won't work with them?

Planters won't plant them, harvesters won't harvest them.

If I could just get a single blue slime in a safari ball, this wouldn't be an issue at all! What does blue slime water even DO now?!

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

No one but YOU.

McFrugal posted:

Planters won't plant them, harvesters won't harvest them.

If I could just get a single blue slime in a safari ball, this wouldn't be an issue at all! What does blue slime water even DO now?!

I took it as a reward earlier, I'd love to know too. Do I have to make a dark room with blueslime water all on the bottom?

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...
Slimed spawn regardless of light level. Maybe blue slime water must be above a certain y level? To simulate the slime islands.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!

Ciaphas posted:

I have to laugh that at about 11:30 even Louis went "oh, no..." when Duncan got bees from a reward bag. :v:

Agrarian Skies is my first experience with bees, and let me just say for the record;

gently caress bees.

I cannot wait to build some Gendustry stuff now that we have power to skip all the awfulness of breeding shenanigans.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

Pidmon posted:

I took it as a reward earlier, I'd love to know too. Do I have to make a dark room with blueslime water all on the bottom?

I dunno how it works, I just dump the bucket, then pick it back up, and 9 times out of ten it spawns a blue slime as it dries up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

axelsoar posted:

I dunno how it works, I just dump the bucket, then pick it back up, and 9 times out of ten it spawns a blue slime as it dries up.

Yep, that's how you get them to spawn. I don't understand it, I thought I had placed/removed it a couple times before trying to get them to spawn. Height doesn't seem to make a difference, even. Now I can get rid of these stupid slime trees!

• Locked thread